What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Start Cooks tonight, or Diggs on MNF?>?>? (1 Viewer)

Cooks or Diggs

• Cooks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diggs

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
You can only pick one? Diggs leads all NFL receivers in fantasy points so I would just go there. Cooks gives you the higher ceiling if that's what you're looking for but Diggs gives you consistency and has performed well even with Keenum at QB. Not sure you can go wrong with either option here.

Diggs. Cooks came from the NFC South, so he has some experience playing against the Bucs. In the 5 games he has played against them, he's totalled 27 Receptions for 306 yards and 0 TDs. That's 5.4 Rec for 61.2 Yards on average against them. And it's not like Tom Brady is that huge of an improvement over Drew Brees, so it wasn't the QB situation. He may go off, and if I read correctly he's actually playing against slower CBs this week (where all his big production comes from), but Diggs is the play if I had to make the call.

Good analysis, thanks. I agree Cooks has upside but I also prefer a guy on deck for Monday versus the all too common stinker on Thursday, lol.

What I don't like (or like in Brady's case)- is quality of QB!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, I have AJ Green as the #1, we start only 2.... any more? I'll answer yours too...
Okay. Yeah. I mean the over/under for tonight's game is 55. So if you're chasing that line, Cooks again offers the greater potential but you're hoping for a long TD it seems or multiple long passes. They don't use him on crossing routes or screens (even though it would make sense to use a guy with his speed in that manner). And he's not used in the red zone (how can you blame them with Gronkowski, James White, and Chris Hogan)? So the safer and similarly spectacular play is still Diggs.

Here is mine: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761239-which-free-agent-would-you-choose/

If you're only able to use 2 WRs each week and have to always sit one of Diggs or Cooks, then I would try as hard as I could to trade one of them because that's serious wasted value on your roster.  Yeah it's nice to have the depth for bye weeks but that only happens 3 weeks, so that leaves 10 weeks of getting nothing for them.  

Hard to sit Diggs right now, much as I like the matchup for Cooks I'd have to say Diggs

Users who are viewing this thread