What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Harvey Weinstein Scandal / The Me Too Movement (1 Viewer)

Nick Encalada-Malinowski‏ @nwmalinowski 52m52 minutes ago

Manhattan DA demanded a young woman with an 11 month-old baby be sent to Rikers Island on $500 Bail for a misdemeanor assault case this week. We got her bailed out and she’s back in court today. She’ll spend more time in jail on her case than Harvey Weinstein will.

NBC report on the Black Cube private intelligence group which aside from a project to attack critics of the Iran deal also was used by Weinstein:

As part of the company’s work for Weinstein, a Black Cube operative befriended the actress Rose McGowan while posing as an investment manager focused on women's empowerment at a London-based firm, according to emails between her and McGowan obtained by NBC News. The operative used the alias Diana Filip in the Weinstein scheme, according to the emails. That bogus firm was the same that Gavrilo, in reaching out to Rebecca Kahl, claimed as her employer.

The identity of Diana Filip was revealed to be an Israeli army veteran named Stella Penn Pechanac by the British tabloid The Daily Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthew W. Daloisio‏ @rambledove

7:30am: #Weinstein turns self in. 9:30am: arraigned with pre-arranged 1M$ bail check ready & courtroom packed. 10:00am out the door & on his way home. 10:30am. Courtroom empty, next case, man arrested on warrant for not paying 195$ fine 4 weed. Been in jail since 7pm last night.

Matthew W. Daloisio‏ @rambledove

7:30am: #Weinstein turns self in. 9:30am: arraigned with pre-arranged 1M$ bail check ready & courtroom packed. 10:00am out the door & on his way home. 10:30am. Courtroom empty, next case, man arrested on warrant for not paying 195$ fine 4 weed. Been in jail since 7pm last night.
Sadly, that comes to money.  A pig like Weinstein has the money to get the bail ready to go ahead of time that way he released right away, while some poor guy caught with weed probably doesn't have the low bail money to get released right away.  How much would bail be for something like that? Genuinely curious. 

Look at all libs defending Weinstein.  Oh, yeah, right, there aren't ANY. 

The guy in the WH that admitted on tape he LIKES sexually assaulting women, whole other story.  People disgust me. 

Look at all libs defending Weinstein.  Oh, yeah, right, there aren't ANY. 

The guy in the WH that admitted on tape he LIKES sexually assaulting women, whole other story.  People disgust me. 
:lmao:

The left covered for Weinstein for DECADES while he raped women and turned them into prostitutes for career advancement and Oscars. His actions were an open secret and the only reason any of the left are disowning him now is because he got caught. 

Hillary. Schumer. Streep. Oprah. Gillibrand. Obama. They all loved Harvey and his money right up until he was publicly accused of raping multiple women and the jig was up.

In case you forgot the truth

And :rolleyes:  at comparing raping a woman or forcing her to watch you masturbate to kissing a woman. That is disgusting and a slap in the face to any woman who was actually raped.

Chelsea Handler, chronic TDS sufferer, attempts to use whataboutism and make a jab at Trump:

https://mobile.twitter.com/chelseahandler/status/1000171757758595072

So now that Harvey Weinstein already posted bail, I’m guessing he’s heading to the only place he won’t be judged for his actions… Mar-O-Lago.
It does not end well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fleccas/status/1000177576013279232

Remember when he went to the women’s march with you
:lmao:

And for those who have short memories, yes, Weinstein attending the women's march in Utah that Chelsea Handler put on:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/22154/flashback-harvey-weinstein-joins-womens-march-emily-zanotti

ABC News‏Verified account @ABC 5m5 minutes ago

JUST IN:

Harvey Weinstein indicted by grand jury on charges of rape and criminal sexual act. “This indictment brings the defendant another step closer to accountability for the crimes of violence with which he is now charged," Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance says.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1001941253553053698

What's the popcorn for? You waiting for the FBG Lawyer club to interpret your thoughts for you? What doesn't look good? Speak up now, I can't hear you.

Mary Ann Georgantopoulos‏ @marygeorgant 2h2 hours ago

Manhattan DA filed additional charges against Harvey Weinstein including two counts of predatory sexual assault, a felony which carries a minimum sentence of 10 yrs and a max of life.

Do we file this here? 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/02/andy-****-charged-with-sexual-battery-for-allegedly-groping-woman-report.html

Do we file this here? 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/02/andy-****-charged-with-sexual-battery-for-allegedly-groping-woman-report.html
We should stop filing any of this stuff here.  It's pathetic that so many conservatives made Weinstein a political issue in the first place.  If anyone didn't already know they were low-life hypocrites seeking to leverage abused and victimized women to score cheap political points, the Steve Wynn counterexample made that abundantly clear. 

IMO unless the accused or the victim is an actual politician the discussions should be in the FFA. Or maybe at the rate these are going we need a separate sub-forum.

Looks like the Harvey Weinstein accuser had a relationship with an underage kid.  Poor guy, get to hook up with a mid-30's actress, and get $380k!  Where do I sign up for that!  In all seriousness, this is still bad. Not Spacey level bad, but right up there with it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asia-argento-sexual-assault-complaint-jimmy-bennet-settled-380000-me-too/
society needs to understand sexual assault can happen to males or females either one and its not any better just because its a male getting assaulted and used

the most unbelievable thing here is she did (it appears) exactly what Weinstein did ...and then she had the gall to start a movement knowing she was as guilty in doing the same things he did

unbelievable

society needs to understand sexual assault can happen to males or females either one and its not any better just because its a male getting assaulted and used

the most unbelievable thing here is she did (it appears) exactly what Weinstein did ...and then she had the gall to start a movement knowing she was as guilty in doing the same things he did

unbelievable
What movement did she start?

She was part of the movement.  She didn’t trigger it. 
I stand corrected - she has been a leader in it

"Bennett reportedly asked Argento for $3.5 million in damages, a month after she spoke out about Weinstein last October and that Argento later arranged to pay Bennett $380,000."

unreal

Not sure where to post this...

NBC10 Philadelphia‏ @NBCPhiladelphia 3m3 minutes ago

Actor Kevin Spacey entered a not guilty plea to a charge of indecent assault and battery at Nantucket District Court, more than a year after former Boston TV anchor, Heather Unruh, accused Spacey of groping her son at a Nantucket restaurant.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/Kevin-Spacey-Nantucket-Indecent-Assault-Charge-Arraignment-503988801.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand
I didnt realize this was in Nantucket, very small courthouse. It’s kind of amazing really. Not kidding when I say it would make a good movie starring someone vaguely creepy like Kevin Spacey.

I read somewhere that they girl described him of having no #### and female genetalia.  Wtf? A foopa or something?  I don't get it.  Could it be he's so fat that his abdomen folds in like a female and swallows up his?  This is bizarre.  Screw the walker with tennis balls to score cheap pity points.  Send a pic of your privates to tmz, some may feel bad for a maimed creature.

I believe his maximum sentence will be eight years with those two convictions.

Edit: I'm wrong.  Apparently it's closer to 30.

Users who are viewing this thread