What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Hogan - QB stream of the week and maybe much more? (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
So this guy comes into the game in week 5 after half time, puts up 194 yards, 2 tds, and 30 yards rushing in 2 quarters of football.  He went 16-19 passing and had a 122.4 QB rating.  and his best WR is David Njoku!  

and now is the starter of the browns for at least this week.  

And there is virtually NO buzz about him?  I feel like this kid can be something.  All he has done last year and this year when he takes the field is ball out and produce electrifying plays with his arm or his legs.  I think one game last year he rushed for over 100 yards.  I was like "who the f is this kid?" 

My choices for streamers this week are mccown, Palmer, and hogan.  All have good matchups.  I can take my 18 pts from McCown, or my 20 pts from Palmer.  Those are pretty good bets in those matchups.  OR, I can say "f it" and go with what my eyes are seeing, start this Hogan kid against perhaps the most depleted defense in the league rt now and watch him tear up the scoreboard.  

I am picking me up some Hogan!  I think if he plays well this Sunday we could be looking at the starting QB for the browns for the foreseeable future.  He's a dual threat qb who is also a good pocket passer with good accuracy.  What's not to like (besides he plays on the Browns and has no WRs? lol) 

and btw houston defense is even worse vs the pass than they seem.  Weeks 1 and 2 they faced bortles and dalton (pre-lazor).  Brady and Alex smith tore them apart.  Mariota in week 4 was on the way to tearing them apart before injury.  Now they are down to practically no pass rush, no cushing.  I am telling you, Hogan, Njoku, Duke Johnson are gonna EAT this week.  Houston offense will put up pts.  Cleveland will need to keep up.  Start with confidence.  

I'm thinking of picking up and starting him this week. Ben and Eli are my qbs now ugh

I don't know if I can bring myself to do it

In the short term I definitely think he's a good pick up for QB-needy teams in deeper leagues (and I'm picking him up myself). I would 100% start him over Eli this week. The great thing about him is that his rushing ability gives him a fairly safe floor and there's passing upside as well because they will probably play from behind in just about every game.

Grabbed him in two leagues (one superflex) and am starting him over Eli in my start 1 QB league.  Not quite ready to start him over Rivers in Superflex but it is tempting for the homer in swing he could represent this week.

With Russell wilson on bye I'm choosing his upside over Palmer and McCown.  

I am thinking of playing njoku over ASJ at te BC it's so clear that hogan loves throwing to njoku.  

Nobody's talking about him because he's only startable if you have Eli and Big Ben (Sorry Cowboysfan). 

#1 It's Cleveland #2 Who is Kevin Hogan? #3 It's Cleveland

If you don't have a better option something went terribly wrong. But stash and see what he does? Sure why not. 

Hogan is a desperation start for me this week. He'll be ok. I think I would Palmer if I had him. TB is a good matchup (31st in pass yds per game allowed).

Nobody's talking about him because he's only startable if you have Eli and Big Ben (Sorry Cowboysfan). 
Not true. I have Bortles backing up Dak in dynasty and am seriously considering playing Hogan. As if Bortles natural talents aren't bad enough, god forbid Jax has a second half lead. He'll throw two passes. 

Not true. I have Bortles backing up Dak in dynasty and am seriously considering playing Hogan. As if Bortles natural talents aren't bad enough, god forbid Jax has a second half lead. He'll throw two passes. 
I didn't think Bortles even deserved mention  :yucky:

Palmer will be the stream of the week. Don't get cute if Palmer is available. 

Edit: I hope Hogan feeds Louis as I am having to stream him.

Last edited by a moderator:

#1 It's Cleveland #2 Who is Kevin Hogan? #3 It's Cleveland

If you don't have a better option something went terribly wrong. But stash and see what he does? Sure why not. 
Or you could be in a league like mine where owners are crazy about stacking backup qbs on their rosters.  In a 12 team league where almost every team is rostering 2 qbs, you're looking at pure garbage on the wire.  I don't subscribe to keeping 2 qbs on my team in this league.  So on wilson's bye week these are my choices.   

Palmer will be the stream of the week. Don't get cute if Palmer is available. 

Edit: I hope Hogan feeds Louis as I am having to stream him.
I thought seriously about Palmer.  But he has a plus matchup week 5 and he was just "eh"

I love Hogan's floor with his rushing potential.  And I think he's a baller.  And Houston's d is even worse this week than it on paper, which takes the last 4-5 weeks into account when they had an actual pass rush.  This defense is about to go into unchartered territory bad without watt AND Mercilus.  Clowney can't do it all by himself.  

I picked him up in a 2 QB league and was hoping for a decent start. Was it as bad as the stat line?

Users who are viewing this thread