What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rueben Foster is back (1 Viewer)

DarkKnightsGuru

Footballguy
What do you guys think ..sit him for a week or start him right away ..I feel he will be limited next week n if he looks good then it's safe to start him the following

I'm thinking wait a week too. But with the release of Bowman my gut is saying he's ready to go. With that being said.... I'm gonna be a chicken and bench him this week. 

Also... From the Ray-Ray thread--

Per 49ers.com:

"Reuben Foster will now play MIKE linebacker full time. The first-round pick had been playing at WILL linebacker since training camp following the injury to Malcolm Smith. Foster started Week 1 at Bowman's side and played 11 snaps before going down with a high-ankle sprain. The injury sidelined Foster for the past four weeks.

As Foster neared full strength, it became a topic of conversation where he would be reinserted back into the lineup. Now that Bowman has been released, we have our answer. Foster will transition back to MIKE linebacker immediately. Kyle Shanahan noted that’s Foster’s natural position. Ray-Ray Armstrong will remain at WILL linebacker."

The article suggests Coyle will still be involved at MIKE until Foster gets up to speed, but it looks like Ray-Ray will be a factor the rest of the way assuming Foster doesn't hoover all of the tackle opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benched because I started Mack and Derrick Johnson, and he's not getting in ahead of Wagner and ogletree.

Otoh, in another league I might play him over Nigel Bradham.  Will decide based on warmups. Right now Nigel is in, mostly in case I miss Foster being out.

NFL Network's Steve Wychte confirms 49ers first-round LB Reuben Foster (questionable, ankle) will start Week 7 against the Cowboys.

MRI and X-rays negative, Shanahan said he was good to go for Philly this week, hopefully practice reports confirm this.

Redraft thinking of dumping Mr. Glass at this point.

Dynasty still hoping he can be the guy on the field I think he is, but he's gotta actually get on the field! 

Thinking of cutting him loose. Can't keep doing this. 
Yeah, so here we are again. This guy just can't seem to get on the field and stay on the field...there are other options out there that I won't have to worry about week-to-week. I'm tired of waiting for this guy to finally get healthy. I think he'll be a stud (or can be) once he does, but in a redraft league I can't justify rostering him anymore. Even if he gets healthy and starts racking up 10 tackles a week, how do I know he won't stub a toe or split a fingernail or cut himself shaving or get a splinter and end up leaving in the first quarter of a playoff match? 

I didn't start him this week. I trust the talent, but wanted to see him finish a game first. When he left the game for a while due to injury, I thought, here we go again. At least he made it through the game.

Users who are viewing this thread