What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 7 (1 Viewer)

This is copied from Dodds' blog.  Any answers to these questions? 

As an aside, if you don't read his blog, you should.  It's excellent.
I do like Tyrod more if Matthews plays.  If not, I am really not sure what to do with Tyrod as his options besides McCoy look to be Cleveland-level bad.

I know we look at the Browns and think they are a joke, but they have been very good vs. the run all year despite always being in negative game script.  Sure Henry gets more work if Murray sits, but I am not sure he will produce.  Also, J.McCourty has taken care of AJG and Hopkins the last couple weeks - does he work on R.Matthews this week?  I would guess that puts more action towards Walker (is he healthy??) and Decker if that is the case. 

I do like Hurns a bit, and if Fournette sits or is limited, I like Bortles even more as a possibilty vs. the horrible Indy D.  It MIGHT make them pass a little more. 

One of my Ds is Chicago this week (and I admit to being a Cam hater), so I worry about Car being able to produce much in Chicago if they lose more guys.  That D has been playing well, and they are decent at taking away the top WR on the opposing team, so that just leaves McCaffrey for them vs. a decent front 7 (if they are getting healthy). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really for the daily forum but I’m here and not going to the pool- seems like Derrick Henry looks really good when given the opportunity, wondering how long Murray will hold him back. Also, I think Jalen Richard in Oakland looks really fast and runs well, but Oakland seems to always go rbbc when it’s him and Washington. I’d like to see what both of these guys could do if given 20 carries a game.

It seems like Murray and Henry will continue to be the thorn in each other's side unless one gets hurt or moved to a new team (Murray next year possibly). Murray is their lead back in a 50/50 split and henry is the clock killer late in games. as an owner of both, I hate it. It's frustrating for fantasy, but horribly efficient for real football. 

I'm thinking about stacking Dak and Zeke for cash but it's pretty hard to add McCoy to that, and I'd like to lock down all DAL tds. Worth it to break the stack when people are saying McCoy could see double digit targets?

I'm thinking about stacking Dak and Zeke for cash but it's pretty hard to add McCoy to that, and I'd like to lock down all DAL tds. Worth it to break the stack when people are saying McCoy could see double digit targets?
for what its worth, I would rank them McCoy >> Dak >>>> Zeke.

Cash that I thought might work out well

Palmer

McKinnon, Duke Johnson

Julio, AB, Dez 

Kittle

Forbath

Bills

RB makes me a little nervous might pivot off one of them and pay up a little more and go down to Landry or Garcon at WR

I just saw that J.McCourty DNP on Friday.  I would really watch that games and the inactives tomorrow morning.  IF he can't go, that puts more focus on the Tenn WRs, especially with Walker showing up on the report late. .

In general this week seems like a really good example of a lot of injury news that could effect plays tomorrow.

Really seemed to narrow down my list more so than last week.  Just gpps this week.  15LUs for $6. 

4 LUs with Dak-Dez, 2 with Garcon and the other 2 with Kittle

4LUs with Ryan 1 game stack with Julio and Coleman, 2 with Sanu (will change to Hooper if he doesn't look like he will play), and 1 with Freeman

2 LUs with Goff - Woods

2 LUs currently with Wilson - Graham, they both have R.Mattews, so I might pivot to Mariota if Walker and McCourty are out.

That will leave 3 Brady LUs that I am working on. 

My WRs are pretty narrow and high % seem to be from NO/GB, Dall/SF, Atl/GB, + a bit of Green and Evans.

My TEs are currently just Gronk, Graham, Kittle, and Henry (will add Walker if he looks good to go)

Pks are Gould, Succop, Hauschka, and Vinateri

DT I went cheap in 90% and rolled with Chicago and Chargers.

Main guys I have 0% of are Bell/Brown, Gurley, Fournette, Gordon.  Don't have much Julio either, so I will be sweating that, and actually might reevaluate that tonight and get more of a balance between Green/Evans/Julio in the LUs. 

I went low % plays on K and D b/c I was using guys in popular games, but also took a couple stabs at others I thought would be low % owned: White/Lewis, Mixon, CJ Anderson, Hyde.

I just saw that J.McCourty DNP on Friday.  I would really watch that games and the inactives tomorrow morning.  IF he can't go, that puts more focus on the Tenn WRs, especially with Walker showing up on the report late. .

In general this week seems like a really good example of a lot of injury news that could effect plays tomorrow.
Yeah, haven't finalized any cash lineups yet due to all the injury news. Waiting to see if Henry, Ivory are going to start and if Walker will play.

Haven't seen the updates on FBGs for ownership %s, but a couple of the podcasts and free things I have looked at think that Ryan might be about 1/2 as owned as Brady, which I found very interesting. 

Karma, we seem to be targeting a lot of the same games/players. 

Im running a whole bunch of cheap gpps as well. Mixing a lot of Ryan and Brady, 3 each and mixing their triple stacks up. Got 2 beathard lineups as well that I like for free play gpps. Got a dak, wentz, cousins and smith) all th-M) Wilson and Tyrod lineups as well. 

RB is a mix of some of the biggest guys (bell - 2, zeke - 3, McCoy- 3) Hyde,Ingram and Mixon - 2 each and a few other low cost flyers mixed in as well in the high scoring games. (Coleman, Lewis, Prosie, etc) 

WR are a wash, mixed and matched all over the board, .but thielen and Mike Evans should be lower owned and in a lot of my lineups. 

TE - gronk, graham, engram and henry mostly. 

K/Def - using some from top and bottom cost wise depending on my top half buildout. 

I think im up like 200 bucks in the 3 years I've been doing this, so I got break even written all over this for too much lineup distribution, but this is one of those weeks that doesn't look to cut and dry. Lots of back end players with real big potential. 

Raging weasel said:
Yeah, haven't finalized any cash lineups yet due to all the injury news. Waiting to see if Henry, Ivory are going to start and if Walker will play.
I'm hearing that Walker is more likely to sit than not. 

My current cash lineup assumes no Walker. 

Beatherd -- Dallas D is bad. 200-2 is golden at his price. 

Freeman/Ingram -- I firmly believe NE's LB are the worst unit they've had in the Belichik era. Coleman might be a really nice play in Freeman's slot. NO looks like they have a plan on offense now. 

Fitz/Theilan/Julio -- Fitz is just the man. Thielen should get a ton of targets. Julio is Julio and NE defense is bad. Either Decker could find his way in for Fitz with the savings going to TE.

Graham -- This probably becomes Gronk. I like the matchup but Seattle is just a bit uneven for my taste offensively. 

Lutz

Vikings  

My current cash lineup assumes no Walker. 

Beatherd -- Dallas D is bad. 200-2 is golden at his price. 

Freeman/Ingram -- I firmly believe NE's LB are the worst unit they've had in the Belichik era. Coleman might be a really nice play in Freeman's slot. NO looks like they have a plan on offense now. 

Fitz/Theilan/Julio -- Fitz is just the man. Thielen should get a ton of targets. Julio is Julio and NE defense is bad. Either Decker could find his way in for Fitz with the savings going to TE.

Graham -- This probably becomes Gronk. I like the matchup but Seattle is just a bit uneven for my taste offensively. 

Lutz

Vikings  
And of course, if Murray is officially out, Henry becomes a must-start IMO. Then I would go double-stud at WR with something like Julio/AJ. A little massaging could allow Julio/Brown. 

Still tinkering with my cash lineups.  Have 3 right now basically the same...just undecided on 2nd RB which I can change with Kicker adjustment.  I will eventually settle on one of these, maybe two...leaning slightly towards the Gurley version

1. Hundley - McCoy/Elliott - Jones/Thomas/Matthews - Rudolph - Lutz - Vikings

2. Hundley - McCoy/Gurley - Jones/Thomas/Matthews - Rudolph - Gostkowski - Vikings

3. Hundley - McCoy/Fournette - Jones/Thomas/Matthews - Rudolph - Gould - Vikings

Tweaked it for Hundley/Nelson and Ajayi/Miami D stacks with Gronk at TE for a freeroll tourney.  This might work for cash just as well (or just as poorly as the case may be)...

Hundley - McCoy/Ajayi - Thomas/Nelson/Matthews - Gronk - Lutz - Miami

Hundley may be risky for cash, but I think a 2x+ return is very realistic at a $6500 price tag.

Take it for what its worth with my track record the last couple weeks, but I am surprised at the use of guys like Beathard and Hundley for cash.  Seems risky.  I assumed guys like Matthews at 5.5k and maybe Kittle at 4.8 and good backs in the 7ks providing value and cap space would have people paying up at Qb more. 

Take it for what its worth with my track record the last couple weeks, but I am surprised at the use of guys like Beathard and Hundley for cash.  Seems risky.  I assumed guys like Matthews at 5.5k and maybe Kittle at 4.8 and good backs in the 7ks providing value and cap space would have people paying up at Qb more. 
I think the system and players around Hundley are sufficient for production.  I am not so confident in Beathard.  I was working lineups with Dak early in the week, and it is doable, but I kept losing some punch with my second WR or second RB...using guys like Theilin, Adams, Hyde, or Peterson...  Just didn't feel great about these types as being able to work in Thomas or one of those RBs.  I even had the $4500 TE O'Leary in there for a while at one point.  He still might be an interesting punt for saving $.

I think the system and players around Hundley are sufficient for production.  I am not so confident in Beathard.  I was working lineups with Dak early in the week, and it is doable, but I kept losing some punch with my second WR or second RB...using guys like Theilin, Adams, Hyde, or Peterson...  Just didn't feel great about these types as being able to work in Thomas or one of those RBs.  I even had the $4500 TE O'Leary in there for a while at one point.  He still might be an interesting punt for saving $.
Like I said, I was just surprised and just love the conversation.  Keep in mind that I get burned a lot by: high priced WRs and cheap QBs.   When I stepped back and looked at the slate, I figured that with Brady and Ryan going head to head, Mariota going up against a terrible pass D, Dak going against a bad pass D, and Tyrod having a good track record at home (albeit with few weapons), that these would be the cash guys.  Again, especially if Fournette or Murray are a scratch. 

I usually punt at TE if there is a good matchup, and came up with something like Dak-  Freeman/McCoy - AJG/M.Thomas/Matthews - Kittle - Succop - Minn 

Alright, Karma.  You spooked me.  lol.   I am leaving a few Hundley lineups entered, but have moved most of my cash entries to Dak at the helm.  Came down to Ajayi as the second back instead of those other big boys.

Alright, Karma.  You spooked me.  lol.   I am leaving a few Hundley lineups entered, but have moved most of my cash entries to Dak at the helm.  Came down to Ajayi as the second back instead of those other big boys.
Like someone posted upthread, I definitely am not going to tell people what to do, I just love the discussion and am trying to learn the process to improve my selection on the week. 

Like someone posted upthread, I definitely am not going to tell people what to do, I just love the discussion and am trying to learn the process to improve my selection on the week. 
I know...like you, reading others' perspectives keeps me re-thinking my own.  

I am using both Hundley and Beathard this week. This is one of my favorite ways to differentiate. Low cost QB, albeit it risky, with a good matchup when the game has chance to be high scoring. 

Going with something like:

Beathard-Ingram-Gurley-Julio-Bryant-Cooks-Kittles-Novak-Chargers

Hundley-Bell-McCoy-Bryant-M Thomas-R Mathews-Henry-Lutz-Steelers 

Last week I put in mccown as my cash qb initially, then a couple days later was like wtf was I thinking, then as it turned out he scored some decent points on the cheap. I used hoyer a couple weeks ago and was very nervous but cashed that week. Every week we reason this stuff out, “this guy will kill it, this guy will suck, someone’s due to blow up” and since I haven’t heard anyone talking about their $5000 winner we are usually wrong about something. But you do get to bounce ideas around and sometimes you get opinions or actual research handed to you. 

Fair points all, and I am sure a bit of this is that:

• I am just taking the wrong cheap guy - ie McCown over Hoyer 2 weeks ago, and Hogan over McCown last week.  It's not like the "safe" stud Qbs are hitting either - I had Brees last week in cash.
  • Several of you guys are using multple cash LUs
  • I still have it drilled in my head that you pay up for QB and RB in cash b/c those are the slightly less volatile positions. 

Obviously I am having a rough season and I was just thinking about the differences b/t last year and this year and the big ones that stood out for me are that I stopped using the Dodds cash+ LUs, I stopped using multiple LUs, and I have been dabbling more in the H2Hs.   I think one or 3 of those things probably need to change before I am completely out of funds on FD. 

The matchups vs. the Ds are there, and both are at home, so I get why Beathard and Hundley are catching the eyes, I was just surprised is all. 

Looking at news at news trickling out from Adam S, and it looks like D.Walker, Murray, and J.Matthews are expected to play.  Also reporting the Jags aren't optimistic about Fournette.

I have a lineup that features a naked Hundley then running it back with Michael Thomas.  Does the likely rain in GB scare anyone off their Hundley, or downgrade NO passing game?  I have no Ingram so maybe a shift there.  I can wiggle salary to get to Tyrod. 

I have a lineup that features a naked Hundley then running it back with Michael Thomas.  Does the likely rain in GB scare anyone off their Hundley, or downgrade NO passing game?  I have no Ingram so maybe a shift there.  I can wiggle salary to get to Tyrod. 
Last time I got off players because of rain AJ Green went nuts.  In my area it's mostly light rain, not sure if it's supposed to be worse up north. 

Looking at news at news trickling out from Adam S, and it looks like D.Walker, Murray, and J.Matthews are expected to play.  Also reporting the Jags aren't optimistic about Fournette.
Yeah, he's saying exactly that. I'm not surprised about Murray since he's been dealing w/ the hammy all season. I am surprised about Walker playing tho. The general thought was he was going to miss. I may still stick w/ Decker. 

I have quite a bit of exposure to Brees and Thomas.  Unless a report suggests otherwise I won't be backing off them.  Im hoping Hundley cant keep the packers in it.  I changed a couple of lineups. I took thomas out and added ingram and saints d and upgraded at wr. Still plenty of exposure though.

interestingly enough I was doing my taxes this weekend. Ended up plus $6 on $4000 in entry fees in 2016. Yes I reported the $6. 
:goodposting: Thank you for mentioning the tax implications of DFS.

As I did my 2016 taxes back in March, I really struggled to find any good guidance on if/how to report DFS entry fees and winnings.  I ended up reporting my net ~ $400 winnings on Form 1040 line 21 Other Income.  It was not a straight-forward process, and I appreciate the mention, even in passing.   It seemed odd to report such a small amount, but the winnings are out there, tied to my SSN.  DFS is a controversial industry and presumably a target for audits.

:goodposting: Thank you for mentioning the tax implications of DFS.

As I did my 2016 taxes back in March, I really struggled to find any good guidance on if/how to report DFS entry fees and winnings.  I ended up reporting my net ~ $400 winnings on Form 1040 line 21 Other Income.  It was not a straight-forward process, and I appreciate the mention, even in passing.   It seemed odd to report such a small amount, but the winnings are out there, tied to my SSN.  DFS is a controversial industry and presumably a target for audits.
You must report all net winnings. There's a misconception that you don't have to report anything below $600, but that's the minimum requirement for the sites to file a 1099. As long as it's just hobby income you don't have to pay social security or Medicair taxes on it. I always get a pretty decent report from FD. It doesn't always match my figure but it's close. I just go w/ the larger number of the 2 to be safe -- why invite scrutiny over taxes on a couple hundred bucks?

Tried to balance some studs with some value and hope it works out.

$2  50/50s

Dak McCoy ivory Julio Amendola D Thomas Graham Succop  Minn

Taylor Elliot Ivory Fitz AJG M Thomas Rudolph Gould Minn

Hundley Ivory peterson Julio Brown Cooks Walker Gano Minn

$2 SE GPP

Wilson Ajayi Hyde Julio Evans Sheppard Graham Hauschka Mia

$1 SE GPP

Brees Freeman Ivory M Thomas Mathews Thielen Gronk Hauschka Bills

Good luck all!!

I play every week...why do I never think to come here? Anyway I am somehow in very good shape in a league with Palmer at QB lol. 

6/16ths of the early teams scored 0 offensive TDs. A 7th scored their only TD on essentially the last play to cut the margin of defeat to 8. I'm not sure how you can predict things with this level of incompetence. 

I guess I shouldn't have moved away from Elliot...JFC!

All my current line ups for cash are in the money at the moment, but they are starting to slip a little.  Julio better deliver tonight!

I guess I shouldn't have moved away from Elliot...JFC!

All my current line ups for cash are in the money at the moment, but they are starting to slip a little.  Julio better deliver tonight!
same here, split up zeke and shady to play Ivory so I could upgrade my WRs. Need julio and D Thomas to come thru and graham too

Users who are viewing this thread