What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 7 (1 Viewer)

chasyone

Footballguy
My first draft cash lineup

Tyrod

Fournette, McCoy

A Brown, Anderson, Lewis

OLeary

Hyde

Saints

Last edited by a moderator:
Main slate is ROUGH.  Not going to have much input for cash ideas, as I am just going to try 3 entries in the $1 3max gpp. 

Sadly, not a ton of stacks sticking out at first glance.  Mariota-Walker, Goff-Kupp, Ben-Brown, and Dak-Dez were the ones I had written down.  The injuries with the QBs really hurts.  I like Taylor's spot, but he really has zip to through to. 

Main slate is ROUGH.  Not going to have much input for cash ideas, as I am just going to try 3 entries in the $1 3max gpp. 

Sadly, not a ton of stacks sticking out at first glance.  Mariota-Walker, Goff-Kupp, Ben-Brown, and Dak-Dez were the ones I had written down.  The injuries with the QBs really hurts.  I like Taylor's spot, but he really has zip to through to. 
I tried putting different stack in IVC and couldn’t come up with anything I liked. I tried Dak/Dez, Mariota/Walker, Siemian/Thomas, Smith/Kelce. They seem to always give me McCoy/Hyde/Ajayi amd Tennessee D and when I didn’t put in a QB I got Tyrod

I tried putting different stack in IVC and couldn’t come up with anything I liked. I tried Dak/Dez, Mariota/Walker, Siemian/Thomas, Smith/Kelce. They seem to always give me McCoy/Hyde/Ajayi amd Tennessee D and when I didn’t put in a QB I got Tyrod
I lied - I have matchup notes and noticed a couple things that might save on the week (and a podcast I listened to last night said similar, so there MIGHT be something there):

Cheap guys that are probably in play:  Fowler with Sanders out (only 3.3K), JuJu at home with Bryant on the outs (I think 3.9?), M.Lee (4.3) - Indy is giving up the 2nd most points to Qb and top 10 to WRs, and the LaR guys - Kupp and Woods with Peterson on Watkins and funneling targets there.   Of those guys I actually think Fowler is damn near a plug and play at 3.3.  He was involved last week and sees some RZ looks too. 

Also, looking at the RB pricing getting jacked up, and not a ton of value at the WR, THIS might be the week to unleash the 2 TE lineups.  You have a bunch of TEs under 5K that are seeing 8-10 targets/week (that is WR1 levels).  I had that written down, and the podcast said the same.  When you do a comparison of who is available at these levels we are looking at - who do we think has a better shot at 18-20pts:  guys like Hurns, Beasley, Wooks, R.Louis, etc.. or ASJ, Graham, Henry, Rudolph, Brate, Kittle ? 

Just threw something together and you could maybe tweak something on the lines of Tyrod - Bell/Ajayi - M.Thomas/Evans/Fowler - ASJ/Rudolph - Chargers.  IVC seems to like giving me either both Brown and Bell, or Tyrod and McCoy.  :shrug:

Might play with that 2 TE idea for my 3 LUs this week.  Mariota-Walker was pricey, but maybe Siemian-Fowler, Wilson-Graham, or a couple others might be doable as well.

This is a tough QB week for me. It seems like Dak is the person I'm likely to lean on most, but each time I look at a slam dunk guy, he busts. The Dak/Dez stack is probably most appealing to me. Brees/Thomas is another I would consider, but I don't like the Drew Brees road splits and he isn't putting up the points we're accustomed to seeing. Carson Palmer is getting a lot of love this week, but I'm just afraid to rely on the guy, especially on a London game. Tyrod has a good matchup against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Luckily he's the type of QB you don't need to stack with due to his ability to get points on the ground. I wouldn't stack a WR right him if putting him in a lineup, as I'd go McCoy or O'Leary (who I'm locking into each lineup I have by the way). O'Leary looked great filling in for Clay, and Tyrod literally has nobody to throw the ball to. The Rick Dennison offense incorporates TEs heavily, so he should get plenty of use and at a cheap salary. But again, the sure thing plays are my kryptonite.

I'm staying away from Zeke this week. He's not been very good this year, dealing with more suspension drama, and at $9,100 salary. A huge play this week is Chris Ivory if Fournette doesn't suit up. He could produce some big points at a cheap cost. I never play Melvin Gordon because I don't think he's a good runner. He's got a low YPC and doesn't do much all game but always manages to score TDs. This is another matchup I don't like for him. Before Darkwa slashed the Broncos defense (after coming off a bye, remember), they had shut down pretty much everyone. Gordon isn't the type of back to buck that trend, and I'm banking on the Broncos week 6 performance as a team coming out flat after the bye rather than a sign of things to come. I like Hyde and Kamara this week. Martin could be a sneaky play. The Bucs haven't been able to feed him because they're playing from behind quite a bit it seems, or getting into a shootout, but that shouldn't be the case against the Bills this week. 

I'm staying away from Diggs due to his injury, if he does play he's unlikely to be productive. Nelson is likely to be hampered by the loss of Rodgers more than Adams will be. What's not to love about Hogan, Cooks and Julio this week? I think DeSean Jackson is a sneaky play if Ryan Fitzpatrick starts. Fitzpatrick is not afraid to throw deep and can be very reckless at times, which would be good for Jackson and Evans. The Bills pass defense had been strong until rookie Tre'Davious White was put on AJ Green, and 189 yards and 1 TD later we saw what could happen. A gunslinger like Fitzpatrick with DeSean and Evans could do some damage. EJ Gaines is still on the injury report for Buffalo but might play this week. I love Demaryius Thomas with Emmanuel Sanders out. He's about as much of a lock for me as it gets (bust potential of course). Jermaine Kearse and Robby Anderson are some cheaper options. Robby Anderson is on the injury report this week, though. I think this game is more likely to be a low scoring affair than it is an exciting one like the NYJ/NE game last week was. So expectations should be tempered.

At TE I'm high on O'Leary. Engram is pretty much all Eli Manning has to throw to. Everybody loves the Gronk. ASJ salary has gotten too high for me. Brate is a tough sell for me too. If I were to mix it up and not go 100% on O'Leary, I would be after Hunter Henry and Engram, maybe even Kroft.

Man it would've been nice to get 30 points of a defense. I missed the ship on the Saints (still not sure why that was a great play, but it clearly was). Have you seen Joe Flacco throw the football this year? Vikings D is my favorite. I'm intrigued by the recent bye week blues we've been seeing, so TB could be an option if you stayed clear of the BUF players. 

Messing around and came up with this 

Tyrod

Hyde, McCoy

A Brown, D Thomas, M Lee

O’ Leary

Ajayi

Vikings

not sure about 3 players from Buffalo but it’s a great matchup 

This is a tough QB week for me. It seems like Dak is the person I'm likely to lean on most, but each time I look at a slam dunk guy, he busts. The Dak/Dez stack is probably most appealing to me. Brees/Thomas is another I would consider, but I don't like the Drew Brees road splits and he isn't putting up the points we're accustomed to seeing. Carson Palmer is getting a lot of love this week, but I'm just afraid to rely on the guy, especially on a London game. Tyrod has a good matchup against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Luckily he's the type of QB you don't need to stack with due to his ability to get points on the ground. I wouldn't stack a WR right him if putting him in a lineup, as I'd go McCoy or O'Leary (who I'm locking into each lineup I have by the way). O'Leary looked great filling in for Clay, and Tyrod literally has nobody to throw the ball to. The Rick Dennison offense incorporates TEs heavily, so he should get plenty of use and at a cheap salary. But again, the sure thing plays are my kryptonite.

I'm staying away from Zeke this week. He's not been very good this year, dealing with more suspension drama, and at $9,100 salary. A huge play this week is Chris Ivory if Fournette doesn't suit up. He could produce some big points at a cheap cost. I never play Melvin Gordon because I don't think he's a good runner. He's got a low YPC and doesn't do much all game but always manages to score TDs. This is another matchup I don't like for him. Before Darkwa slashed the Broncos defense (after coming off a bye, remember), they had shut down pretty much everyone. Gordon isn't the type of back to buck that trend, and I'm banking on the Broncos week 6 performance as a team coming out flat after the bye rather than a sign of things to come. I like Hyde and Kamara this week. Martin could be a sneaky play. The Bucs haven't been able to feed him because they're playing from behind quite a bit it seems, or getting into a shootout, but that shouldn't be the case against the Bills this week. 

I'm staying away from Diggs due to his injury, if he does play he's unlikely to be productive. Nelson is likely to be hampered by the loss of Rodgers more than Adams will be. What's not to love about Hogan, Cooks and Julio this week? I think DeSean Jackson is a sneaky play if Ryan Fitzpatrick starts. Fitzpatrick is not afraid to throw deep and can be very reckless at times, which would be good for Jackson and Evans. The Bills pass defense had been strong until rookie Tre'Davious White was put on AJ Green, and 189 yards and 1 TD later we saw what could happen. A gunslinger like Fitzpatrick with DeSean and Evans could do some damage. EJ Gaines is still on the injury report for Buffalo but might play this week. I love Demaryius Thomas with Emmanuel Sanders out. He's about as much of a lock for me as it gets (bust potential of course). Jermaine Kearse and Robby Anderson are some cheaper options. Robby Anderson is on the injury report this week, though. I think this game is more likely to be a low scoring affair than it is an exciting one like the NYJ/NE game last week was. So expectations should be tempered.

At TE I'm high on O'Leary. Engram is pretty much all Eli Manning has to throw to. Everybody loves the Gronk. ASJ salary has gotten too high for me. Brate is a tough sell for me too. If I were to mix it up and not go 100% on O'Leary, I would be after Hunter Henry and Engram, maybe even Kroft.

Man it would've been nice to get 30 points of a defense. I missed the ship on the Saints (still not sure why that was a great play, but it clearly was). Have you seen Joe Flacco throw the football this year? Vikings D is my favorite. I'm intrigued by the recent bye week blues we've been seeing, so TB could be an option if you stayed clear of the BUF players. 
You outline some of the thinking that will make a lot of the players you mentioned highly owned. 

But look at some of the same points you made and identify the contrarian plays. For example, what if Diggs is ruled out? The Vikes would be without their QB1, RB1, and WR1 for yet another game. So the crowd will be all over the Vikings D against Flacco, but the Ravens D should be in play as well. Also if Fitzpatrick starts, consider the Bills D coming off the bye week. You say reckless gunslinger, I say turnover machine. 

I think Demaryius is the chalkiest of chalk WR this week. And it's almost impossible to fade him at that price. 

TwinTurbo said:
You outline some of the thinking that will make a lot of the players you mentioned highly owned. 

But look at some of the same points you made and identify the contrarian plays. For example, what if Diggs is ruled out? The Vikes would be without their QB1, RB1, and WR1 for yet another game. So the crowd will be all over the Vikings D against Flacco, but the Ravens D should be in play as well. Also if Fitzpatrick starts, consider the Bills D coming off the bye week. You say reckless gunslinger, I say turnover machine. 

I think Demaryius is the chalkiest of chalk WR this week. And it's almost impossible to fade him at that price. 
I would agree with DT.

As for Ravens D, that is a good point. I actually have them in season long and they were ranked 3rd best DEF in my format, which surprised me. Fitzpatrick is known for a turnover machine. But I still remember his first year as a Bills starter and first year as Jets starter. He seemed to do his best on a new team in a new offense before he gets figured out. Coming off a bye, the Bills have had time to prepare obviously. But the bad taste left in my mouth after last week's teams coming off a bye (and being a Bills homer myself) makes it difficult for me to trust.

I think my biggest issue is that I prioritize matchup over talent way too often. I'm still relying on it heavily at the QB position, but I'm not putting too much weight into it at the other positions starting this week. We shall see if that shakes out as I'm all-in this week. I have been losing money each week and now sit at $14 left in my account. I put in 14  $1 GPP lineups and swinging for the fences.

I would agree with DT.

As for Ravens D, that is a good point. I actually have them in season long and they were ranked 3rd best DEF in my format, which surprised me. Fitzpatrick is known for a turnover machine. But I still remember his first year as a Bills starter and first year as Jets starter. He seemed to do his best on a new team in a new offense before he gets figured out. Coming off a bye, the Bills have had time to prepare obviously. But the bad taste left in my mouth after last week's teams coming off a bye (and being a Bills homer myself) makes it difficult for me to trust.

I think my biggest issue is that I prioritize matchup over talent way too often. I'm still relying on it heavily at the QB position, but I'm not putting too much weight into it at the other positions starting this week. We shall see if that shakes out as I'm all-in this week. I have been losing money each week and now sit at $14 left in my account. I put in 14  $1 GPP lineups and swinging for the fences.
Well I will be in Buffalo this weekend and will roll out the Bills D in a few lineups. May they hit 5x value. 

As a Bills homer, what are your thoughts on Tyrod and McCoy?

Well I will be in Buffalo this weekend and will roll out the Bills D in a few lineups. May they hit 5x value. 

As a Bills homer, what are your thoughts on Tyrod and McCoy?
Good for you. I'm about a 3 hour drive and gave up my season tickets after 1 season of them. The drive was just too much with going to work the next day and having 2 small kids at home. I only go to 1 game a year now, and this year it's the OAK game next weekend.

Tyrod is one of 3 QBs I feel comfortable with on the main slate this week. But my expectations wouldn't be crazy. He's a better cash play than GPP, although I am rolling him out in some GPP lineups just in case he does go off. He doesn't have any legitimate players to throw to. Sammy and Woods are gone, Matthews is injured, Zay Jones is having concentration/mental issues, and Clay is injured. Realistically this week, against one of the worst passing defenses in the league, he could be throwing to Kaelin Clay, Brandon Tate, Zay Jones and Nick O'Leary. If he's going to score points, it's going to need to be on the ground. Tyrod's pocket presence hasn't been great this season. He's been holding onto the ball for a while, has been hesitant to run with it, and has taken some bad 3rd down sacks. 

McCoy is going to be their whole offense this week. Coming off a bye week concerns me (we saw the Broncos vs NYG last week), but the team has had 2 weeks to figure out their blocking issues. Since switching to a zone blocking scheme, this offensive line has not been nearly as good as it was in 2015 or 2016. I would count on McCoy being good for at least 20 carries and 5 catches. In his last 4 games he only has 169 rushing yards and a 2.6 YPC. That's just awful. He certainly has the ability to get back to the 5 YPC that we saw last year, but this OL isn't going to be doing him any favors with the present scheme. 20-80 on the ground 5-40 through the air with 1 TD mixed in isn't unreasonable. That would be a 23 point day. 

watch out for the passing game for LAR-ARZ guys. Winds may be 15+ mph in London which could affect Woods/Kupp if you were looking towards them

pbandy1 said:
watch out for the passing game for LAR-ARZ guys. Winds may be 15+ mph in London which could affect Woods/Kupp if you were looking towards them
Of course.  I have been dead cold 3 of the last 4 weeks so going pretty light this week anyway but this is what I have:

Goff / McCoy / Fournette / Fitzgerald / Kupp / Fowler / Rudolph / Hyde / Vikings

Well, without the NE/ATL game on the slate, I seemed to keep going back to the NO/GB and Dallas/SF games as the ones I thought might be back and forth games and focused on them for my 3 gpps, and of course I talked myself into using three 2TE LUs.  Right now I have:

Dak - McCoy/ADP - Dez/Garcon/R.Matthews - Rudoph/Henry - Bears

Tyrod - McCoy/M.Mack - AJGreen/Nelson/MThomas - Graham/Kittle - Bears

Mariota - Kamara/Hyde - Evans/D.Adams/Dez - Henry/Kittle - Chargers

Went bottom basement Ds.  I chose those two after looking at:  Adjusted sack rates, the Os plays/game, and the Os pass Att/g, home teams, and came up with those two. 

Only SE gpp I found was $3 so spending big this week, LOL. Risky with upside so perfect GPP lineup- I hope.

Bortles. Zeke Hyde Hurns Jordy Baldwin Doyle Ajayi Minn

Only SE gpp I found was $3 so spending big this week, LOL. Risky with upside so perfect GPP lineup- I hope.

Bortles. Zeke Hyde Hurns Jordy Baldwin Doyle Ajayi Minn
I really was looking at these two a bunch too.  I think the Hogan disaster scared me off of value QBs as much this week, but had Bortles, Hundley, and Beathard written down. 

pbandy1 said:
You know, Robert Woods has a very good matchup this week, and I had him in 29% of my GPP lineups. This is good info, thank you. I will have to monitor this closely.

So on to some other guys I didn't mention:

Jarvis Landry - Dolphins OC is preparing for DeVante Parker to not be able to play (and hasn't practiced)

Devin Funchess - He has a good matchup and Ron Rivera is concerned about Kelvin Benjamin's knee (he's on injury report)

Evan Engram - He's even flex worthy as he's basically a WR lining up at TE for the Giants.

Frank Gore - JAX has one of the worst rushing offenses in the league. Gore is cheap as dirt this week. Robert Turbin is out, increased snap potential for Gore.

Adrian Peterson - Good matchup against LAR. If the wind is 15 mph, then the running game would be the emphasis most likely. 

Joe Mixon - Pitt pass D is taking away the big plays, which is basically the whole offense. Correction, the whole offense is AJ Green. Mixon could have a good day.

Orleans Darkwa - Sneaky play, but with how cheap he is, he would only need about 13 points to get 4x value this week. And if he busts, he won't ruin a lineup.

Derrick Henry if DeMarco Murray is a no go. Same for Chris Ivory if Fournette doesn't play. Those 2 would be excellent value if the starters sit.

So far I’m rolling this out in my league and couple of 50/50

Tyrod

McCoy, Ajayi

A Brown, D Thomas, Hurns

O’Leary

Hyde

Vikings

Got my Cash lineup ready

Russell Wilson
Ezekiel Elliott
Mark Ingram
Pierre Garcon
Demaryius Thomas
Robert Woods
Hunter Henry
Chris Ivory 
Vikings

Going heavy on Dak/Dez stacks and Hundley/Zeke/Cowboys for GPPs with plenty of Stills/Woods/McCoy sprinkled in.

Got my Cash lineup ready

Russell Wilson
Ezekiel Elliott
Mark Ingram
Pierre Garcon
Demaryius Thomas
Robert Woods
Hunter Henry
Chris Ivory 
Vikings

Going heavy on Dak/Dez stacks and Hundley/Zeke/Cowboys for GPPs with plenty of Stills/Woods/McCoy sprinkled in.
Cash lineup scored 148 and hit all the double ups, also cashed in the milly maker for $30. Hit 4x in my last ever casual tourneys for a big week, DT kept me from buku $$$. Highest lineup was 183.2 in the casuals.

Ever since the rake hike and wanting to move to Yahoo, I've been on fire on DK

$3 in, $3 out, but I will take it.  

Tried a 25cent primetime LU.  I think wentz,Ertz, Dotson, and 3rbs from tonight's game. 

Users who are viewing this thread