What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Thursday - Monday ..... Anyone on a player tonight? I don't see anything. Thought about Balt. Defense but I think I'm going to fade the entire game unless anyone has a nice tip. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have maclin in one since there is nobody else to throw to in Balt and Wallace is inactive and he got declared active. Got Ajayi in one. Balt defense seems better against the pass and ajayi is due one of those freak Games. Got stills in one in case he breaks one and Moore likes him. Those are all in gpps.

got Landry in a 50/50 from sheer volume alone. Very solid floor with big game potential

Dumped $53 into tonite into 20 placeholder entires completely fading tonite.  Contests were between 50% and 80% full at best.......well except for the ones that jumped 20-40% in the last 2 seconds.  Something smells fishy about that.

I dumped 7 placeholders into a mini dive because it was only 65% full. I now find out i submitted 7x on the lineup where I had Baltimore defense so it looks like I’m nearly all in on them!  Let’s go Matt Moore pick six!

I dumped 7 placeholders into a mini dive because it was only 65% full. I now find out i submitted 7x on the lineup where I had Baltimore defense so it looks like I’m nearly all in on them!  Let’s go Matt Moore pick six!
Nice. My carelessness pays off. First time I’ve hit a big defensive play all year. 

So it's basically just the TB, Buff, and Seattle games that don't have rain and 20mph wind in the forecast?

ETA - I guess the NO game too...

BroncosFan07 said:
Nice. My carelessness pays off. First time I’ve hit a big defensive play all year. 
Nice hit on Balt. Defense. I was really debating but just didn't like this game in anyway. Miami looked better after Cutler left last week so I was gun shy of a decent game.

Now I can over pay for a defense Sunday that will get me 7-10 points lol

Didn’t play other than a couple thurs-sun am 50/50, didn’t play bal def so I’m behind 25% of the field. Ajayi continues to disappoint.

Ok all in on one lineup. 

Cam/freeman/Howard/green/benji/crabs/reed/Novak/pit

Trying to not overthink things. Good matchups, good workloads, and I love my lions and would love to think they show up and steal one at home the oline is playing very badly and pits def has been playing very well. Weapons are hurt, run game can’t get going, seems like tough sledding there.

Ok all in on one lineup. 

Cam/freeman/Howard/green/benji/crabs/reed/Novak/pit

Trying to not overthink things. Good matchups, good workloads, and I love my lions and would love to think they show up and steal one at home the oline is playing very badly and pits def has been playing very well. Weapons are hurt, run game can’t get going, seems like tough sledding there.
I didn't know you are a Lion's fan too. Isn't this just the type of game they will somehow win and then lose to Clev or GB? :gang2:

@FatNate - since you like to look at pts/g allowed too, I thought you would find this interesting. 

I thought I would look at 7 weeks pts/g allowed to position vs. the last 4 weeks.  I thought maybe something interesting would stick out if there were a couple teams that either dropped off of the list of giving up the most points (maybe the D is getting better?) vs. teams that are on that list (maybe D getting worse/injuries?).

QB - in the last 4 weeks (albeit just 3 games) WASH has given up the most pts/g to the QB. I didn't have them on the list before.  Is that due to the injury to Norman?  Most of the other teams were the same. 

RB - The top 3 for the slate were the same - SF, Indy, and Det.  New to the list were Chargers and Raiders.  Dropping off the list were NE and NO. 

WR -  Again the top 3 were the same - KC, NE, TB.  New to the list was Buff.

TE - Most of the top were the same again - Giants, Wash, Clev.  A team that jumped up was Buff - they were #2 pts/g allowed over the last few games (they were #8 for the whole season) new to the top 10 were Philly and Seattle. 

What should be my final cash L/U's: #1 QB/Wilson, RB/McCoy - Thompson, WR/Green - Baldwin - Benjamin, TE/Henry, K/Bullock, DEF/CIN

#2 QB/Wilson, RB/Ingram - Thompson, WR/Green - Evans - Benjamin, TE/Henry, K/Bullock, DEF/PHL

Weather has me a little skittish about Thompson, but, he's been getting a sufficient amount of work and producing with it. And I think the game script should see him continue that.

GPP's:

#1 QB/Wilson, RB/Ingram - Smallwood, WR/Green - Baldwin - Funchess, TE/Graham, K/Boswell, DEF/PHL

#2 QB/Newton, RB/McCoy - Ingram, WR/Evans - Benjamin - Funchess, TE/Kroft, K/Walsh, DEF/CIN

#3 QB/Rivers, RB/McCoy - Lewis, WR/Green - Evans - Funchess, TE/Henry, K/Murray, DEF/PHL

#4 QB/Dalton, RB/Elliott - McCoy, WR/Green - Benjamin - Smith-Schuster, TE/Henry, K/Bullock, DEF/NYJ

I really like the Jets as a sneaky low-ownership play at DEF, as they should be facing the same weather conditions as Philly and ATL's offense has been struggling. And while they're not earth-shattering, their DEF hasn't really been terrible either. I also think Murray could hit tournament value as a kicker and will probably go under-owned based on a lack of name recognition alone.

Dumped $53 into tonite into 20 placeholder entires completely fading tonite.  Contests were between 50% and 80% full at best.......well except for the ones that jumped 20-40% in the last 2 seconds.  Something smells fishy about that.
I took a similar approach, firing $25 into 19 THU - MON entries, almost all are  $1 50/50s.  Total fade of Thursday game.

Sure, there were the usual "Thursday Night Heroes" who game-stacked MIA and BAL, but they were a striking minority.  I fear that I am drawing dead because several people were savvy enough to play just Tucker + Ravens.  My lineups are 42 in the hole before taking the field.   :wall:  

"Thursday Night Heroes"  :lol: I like that.  Yeah, the Tucker/Balt combo stings if there are LUs that just did that combo.

Just doing a few gpps this week.  1 Thurs-Mon and 5 $1 Main slate.  For FD, I mostly landed on Pitts, Seattle, and the Buff/Oak game.   Wilson, Carr, and Taylor are going to be my QBs today.  

Didn't see a ton with PKs b/c of the windy games, so probably will mostly stick with Lutz and Prater this week.  Def I also didn't see a ton so will probably use Cinci and Pitts a bit. 

Low owned guys I liked this week were:  Carr, Tyrod, D.Lewis, Hopkins, JuJu, D.thompson, Cook, Brate, T.Y. Hilton.

I was just debating the same on Wentz...I have Agholor in my line up too.  Also have Reed in another rain game.  Contemplating changes, but I fear whatever I do or don't do, I will regret.  I hate this game sometimes!

I think the O/U has come down a little since yesterday.  44 in my book now.

Weather looks bad.

For my Thurs-Mon GPPs that all had Balt defense, here is what I'm rolling out as of now.

1.  Cam,Bell,Forte,Baldwin,Benjamin,Funchess,Kelce,Novak,Ravens

2.  Cam,Zeke,Howard,Hopkins,Benjamin,Funchess,Henry,Bullock,Ravens

3.  Rivers,Bell,McCoy,Allen,Benjamin,Deonte Thompson,Henry,Butker,Ravens

4.  Wilson,Bell,Howard,Baldwin,Crabtree,Deonte Thompson,Graham,Bullock,Ravens

5.  Winston,Howard,Gordon,Evans,Benjamin,Crabtree,Brate,Lutz,Ravens

6.  Dalton,Bell,Howard,Baldwin,Green, Paul Richardson,Henry,Bullock,Ravens

7.  Carr,Bell,Zeke,Crabtree,Benjamin,Paul Richardson,Henry,Tavecchio,Ravens

I'm fading the Eagles/49ers completely unless I hear of weather improvements.  I'm fading Dal/Wash except for a couple of Zeke shares.  I'm fading Atl/NYJ except for one Forte share. 

I'm heavy on Le'Veon and Howard at RB and Benjamin, Baldwin, and Crabtree at WR.  I wish I had more than 1 share of AJ green however he'll be highly owned so it could be a good way to separate myself from the few hundred other Ravens defense owners. 

Any glaring issues?

100% Hunter Henry this week, 10th most expensive TE on FD vs 4th on DK.  Henry is more expensive than Reed over there.  I don't usually look across sites, I play exclusively FD, but came across that this week.  

Have been on Cousins and Wentz all week but seeing weather concerns.  Has pushed me to unstack them, but still keeping them in my lineups.

Wentz, Bell/Mixon, Baldwin/M Thomas/JuJu, Henry, Gost, Bengals

Cousins, McCoy/Ingram, AJG/K. Benjamin/D. Jax, Henry, Bullock, Seahawks

weather scared me away from Wentz too.

50/50

taylor zeke ingram green cooks juju henry novak jets

$2 SE gpp

rivers bell ingram green benjamin ginn henry lutz pitt

$1 SE gpp

carr gordon mccoy crabtree baldwin amendola brate lutz dal

good luck all !!!

last week tons of kamara.  ingram goes off.  this week tons of ingram.  so ofc kamara gets an 8 yd td run on 1st down.

lmack said:
100% Hunter Henry this week, 10th most expensive TE on FD vs 4th on DK.  Henry is more expensive than Reed over there.  I don't usually look across sites, I play exclusively FD, but came across that this week.  

Have been on Cousins and Wentz all week but seeing weather concerns.  Has pushed me to unstack them, but still keeping them in my lineups.

HH was the same price as Ertz on Yahoo!

Another losing week.  Its ok though, I am use to it.  Gotta dial it back even more.  I typically run 2-3 cash LU and a handful of gpps LU. Gonna have to go big or go home with 1 cash LU and 3-5gpps. Been a unfun daily and season long fantasy FB year. Losing interest. 

Good week, $329 in $1147 out based on the strength of 3 LU that went for 168.14, 164.74 and 142.08.

Took down all my DBL ups, won all but 2 of my H2Hs and took down 2 $10 100 player leagues good for $250 each.

Also min cashed some GPPs and Mini GPPs along with $50 cash in the $7 Mill GPP with the 168.18 LU

Still have about $50 in play from the Thur-Mon slate with my cash LU sitting at 119.96 and the cash line at 112.78 and some small GPPs that could cash and a Sun-Mon slate  $5 GPP sitting at 89.48 with CJ Anderson/Butker/KC left and a NFL Primetime $5 GPP sitting at 62.7 with Smith/Hunt/AWilson/Kelce//McManus left that is only 15 point of the cash line, this one could pay out nicely.  Also have another entry that is Den based sitting at 58.2 with Siemian/CJ/DTom/Butker/Den that I don't feel as strongly about but you never know

Spoke too soon.   

Broke even thanks to one gpp going for 157 and JuJu getting one more across the cash line.  8 in, 8 out.  Tried a $1 Primetime that is over the cash line with Kelce, KC D, and a Pk tonight. 

My flag plant of the week was a dud - high ownership across 50/50s and 2x but still was ugly.

Wentz, Bell/Mixon, Baldwin/M Thomas/JuJu, Henry, Gost, Bengals - 120.14.  Cashed 2x, 50/50.  JuJu saved this.

Cousins, McCoy/Ingram, AJG/K. Benjamin/D. Jax, Henry, Bullock, Seahawks - 100.62, just not enough juice.

Slight down on the week due to hitting only cash wins on LU1, no higher multipliers to bail out the dud of LU2. Big misses at QB this week -- were plenty of signs pushing me off Wentz/Cousins but I didn't take them.  No Wilson, no Watson.  Also faded Zeke at the last moment to swap in Leveon, which hurt.  Stayed afloat thanks in large part to JuJu.  

Best week of the year (and ever) for me. Won all doubles and triples in cash. Placed 2nd in this GPP for $2000. Just needed one of those passes in the red zone to connect with Jones.

Crawling my way back.  my Thurs-Mon and Primetime gpps hit.  $2 in, $11.82 out.   9th out of 1176 for the Primetime - will take it!. 

Congrats Hoosier! Closest I came so far was, I think, two seasons ago; 5th place for $750, but, less than 6 points out of first. My weak link that week was Hopkins, of all people, who could only muster about 30 yds on 3-4 catches. 

I dare say most people whiffed on Henry this week; my two cash L/U's both had him, 63% & 56% ownership respectfully. AJ Green didn't do me any favors this week either. But I still managed to hit one cash L/U & a small cash on a GPP; $10 in, $13 out. Not breaking any banks that way, but, not dipping into my piggy bank either. 

For my Thurs-Mon GPPs that all had Balt defense, here is what I'm rolling out as of now.

1.  Cam,Bell,Forte,Baldwin,Benjamin,Funchess,Kelce,Novak,Ravens

2.  Cam,Zeke,Howard,Hopkins,Benjamin,Funchess,Henry,Bullock,Ravens

3.  Rivers,Bell,McCoy,Allen,Benjamin,Deonte Thompson,Henry,Butker,Ravens

4.  Wilson,Bell,Howard,Baldwin,Crabtree,Deonte Thompson,Graham,Bullock,Ravens

5.  Winston,Howard,Gordon,Evans,Benjamin,Crabtree,Brate,Lutz,Ravens

6.  Dalton,Bell,Howard,Baldwin,Green, Paul Richardson,Henry,Bullock,Ravens

7.  Carr,Bell,Zeke,Crabtree,Benjamin,Paul Richardson,Henry,Tavecchio,Ravens

I'm fading the Eagles/49ers completely unless I hear of weather improvements.  I'm fading Dal/Wash except for a couple of Zeke shares.  I'm fading Atl/NYJ except for one Forte share. 

I'm heavy on Le'Veon and Howard at RB and Benjamin, Baldwin, and Crabtree at WR.  I wish I had more than 1 share of AJ green however he'll be highly owned so it could be a good way to separate myself from the few hundred other Ravens defense owners. 

Any glaring issues?
1.  119 points.  The only lineup of the 7 that I was able to string together a good TE/K/Def.  Panthers super stack kept this lineup from big things.  Small win

2.  136 points.  The Panthers super stack was a bust.  Zeke and Hopkins carried this to a small win.

3.  123 points.  Lots of average to below average in this lineup.  Butker rallied me to a small win last night

4.  135 points.  My punt with Deonte Thompson turned out to be a shank.  Wilson, Baldwin, Graham super stack was 2/3rds good.  Everyone else meh.  Small win.

5.  117 points.  Winston sunk me - I knew he was a bad play but I was trying for the low ownership surprise performer.  Dumb.  Missed the pay line by less than a point. 

6.  126 points.  A lot of average to above average here.  Small win.

7.  132 points - Car/Crabtree stack didn't pay off.  Hunter Henry hurt me badly in numerous leagues.  Zeke and Richardson carried me to a small win.

6 of the 7 cashed thanks to the big head start with Baltimore defense however all but one only produced 2x or 3x.  $7 in and $14 out.

Main slate Cash lineups did well scoring 147 and 129 and I was 8 for 8 in my double ups for $8 in and $14.40 out.

Overall good week.  $15 in and $28.80 out.   Normally enter about 4x this amount however a trip to the ER late Saturday/early sunday kept me from being able to enter many lineups.

I think I'm going 95% cash lineups now to build the bankroll back up.

Thanks. The best part was halfway through the 4th realizing that nobody from behind would catch me and I could only go up. 

Now I'm sitting with a Mon/Thurs entry that had KC, Butker, Kelce, and DT (all leaders) and Anderson (3.3 behind Booker). Trying to decide what to do with the other 4. Definitely going with McCoy. I thought I had it figured out until Benjamin was traded to Buffalo. Not sure now.

Users who are viewing this thread