What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Key (1 Viewer)

I don't have a problem giving them the code to the front gate.  The help might be scared if a UPS guy just popped in so I probably won't do that.

They'd be better off just "renting" you a decent sized locker outside your house or apartment building as part of prime membership.

Here's my idea: get a big hard plastic box/locker that mounts to a fence or side of the house or something that has a combination lock(s) on it. Give the UPS driver the code and that's where they leave your packages.

Im gonna start selling and installing these. I just need a cool or catchy name for it. I can't wait to get rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my idea: get a big hard plastic box/locker that mounts to a fence or sode of the house or something that has a combination lock(s) on it. Give the UPS driver the code and that's where they leave your packages.

Im gonna start selling and installing these. I just need a cool or catchy name for it. I can't wait to get rich.
Hard mounter lockdown? (Although I believe this was a Steven Seagal movie)

Here's my idea: get a big hard plastic box/locker that mounts to a fence or sode of the house or something that has a combination lock(s) on it. Give the UPS driver the code and that's where they leave your packages.

The "box of boxes"?

or 

"BoxBox"?

You can pay me royalties later!

(PS. you need a camera inside the box so you can verify that the UPS guy doesn't nick the FedEx boxes...)

The Tied-Up Box

Seems like a good idea. And, as always, with the way Amazon plans to implement it, it seems like it'll work quite well. 
There is a camera involved and I can see most people using this. Amazon may also be getting into the security alarm business with the camera.

This is about as bad an idea as the listening/data mining devices everyone is installing into their homes. 

"Alexa, track my private conversations!"

This is about as bad an idea as the listening/data mining devices everyone is installing into their homes. 

"Alexa, track my private conversations!"
"And don't forget to store them in an unknown location so you can analyze them at your leisure and draw all sorts of conclusions about how best to part me with my money"

"Don't forget to order stuff you hear about in the commercials on my tv while you are at it!"

I wouldn't really be that worried about a security issue but I'm damn sure not paying $250 for the privilege of letting them in

Something gets stolen I'll file a claim and get my new item a few days later :shrug:

Just have Amazon attach a small explosive device to each package that gets triggered if touched before disabled by the recipient using their smartphone app. Problem solved.

No way do I allow a delivery person into my house just so she can rifle through my undergarments.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a UPS driver I would hate this.  Just wait until they walk in on some naked lady, sure it sounds good until it is some moose that then slaps a lawsuit on you.

What the hell!?!?  You totally stole my idea.

How about Amazon Locker? Nah, probably not catchy enough.  

Hard mounter lockdown? (Although I believe this was a Steven Seagal movie)

The "box of boxes"?

or 

"BoxBox"?

You can pay me royalties later!

The Tied-Up Box

What the hell!?!?  You totally stole my idea.
 Not feeling these...Im also gonna need a tagline or catch phrase...something like

"You'll feel good about putting your package in our box"

Or

"Our box is big enough for everyone's package"

Or maybe

"No package is too buku for our box"

Not feeling these...Im also gonna need a tagline or catch phrase...something like

Or

Or maybe

"Put your junk in our box"?

Or

Or maybe

How about "Planet Aid"

Can a request a hot UPS female driver.

Then I'll just stand in a robe by the front door upon delivery....

Too soon?

Seems like a good idea. And, as always, with the way Amazon plans to implement it, it seems like it'll work quite well. 
There is a camera involved and I can see most people using this. Amazon may also be getting into the security alarm business with the camera.
The other issue would be if you have pets. Don't want a delivery person letting my cats out accidentally.

I could see the use depending on where you lived, if you had issues with people nabbing stuff from your porch, this would be great.

Just a concept. I think it would be cool if you could give them the code for your garage so the drone could drop off your delivery in there.

My dogs lose their minds when the doorbell rings.  Can only imagine the carnage they'd spread if some stranger unlocked the door and stepped inside. 

After years of everyone freaking out about Amazon trying to get into your home with Alexa, now Amazon is actually literally trying to get into your home. 

Users who are viewing this thread