What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrarium TV (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
The only problem with Terrarium was the ads to me was the ads but there are ad free versions and seems superior to Kodi for the average user and for speed.  Is this the case for you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been using TT exclusively for movies and TV for a few months now. Sports I go with Kodi addons. No issues. 
I get all the sports I need from ps vue.  So only use for movies.  Having no cables in awesome.

I use a fire stick. I also have an HD antenna that allows me to watch NFL games on CBS and FOX. ESPN and NFL Network have to be streamed though. 
Love the HD antenna and the side channels they get.

And I like vue for the dvr capabilities.

Systems used for the systematic theft of intellectual property.

Post the us law please and I will stop.

This stuff is on the internet, right?  Just let's you access on a tv, I thought.
Lol. Here's their disclaimer:

Q2. Is watching videos on Terrarium TV illegal?

No. Terrarium TV uses streaming technology instead of torrenting (P2P). Unless you share or upload videos, you’ll be ok.

While this is technically probably true, it doesn't make it legal. 

Lol. Here's their disclaimer:

Q2. Is watching videos on Terrarium TV illegal?

No. Terrarium TV uses streaming technology instead of torrenting (P2P). Unless you share or upload videos, you’ll be ok.

While this is technically probably true, it doesn't make it legal. 
Does it make it illegal?

Cav, why don't you set us up a link/faq for more investigation.  Thanks

It's just like bittorrent.    There's nothing inherently illegal or morally wrong with the technology.   

But, it does put copyright infringement on steroids and makes that sort of thing very easy to take advantage of.  Whether or not you use it for that purpose is up to you.  

It's just like bittorrent.    There's nothing inherently illegal or morally wrong with the technology.   

But, it does put copyright infringement on steroids and makes that sort of thing very easy to take advantage of.  Whether or not you use it for that purpose is up to you.  
Exactly what about streaming is copyright infringement?  

The problem is the law here is behind the technology. And to catch it up would bring on slippery slopes that the rights holders don't want. 

That all depends on what you're streaming.
As far as I know there is no defined content in the USA that is subject to criminal penalty for streaming.

There were a few bills that were put forward, but none made it out of committee.  Mainly, because the content owners didn't want it to.  

I know it ruffles the feathers of the "But you are stealing" crowd, but it is what it is.  

Faster, easier to use and set up, don't need skins, or exodus or any of thoses.

Check out "doc squiffy"

http://www.docsquiffy.com

No ad version is a must.

You can actually rewind and fast forward efficiently.  Much better feeds too.
that seems to be a link for kodi stuff.  where are the TT links?  am i missing something?

According to my son, who seems to know these things, Kodi is no longer being updated or monitored. So you'll have a lot of non-working links. 

I've found Terrarium to be much more reliable but still use the Sportsdevil add on in Kodi for live sports. 

According to my son, who seems to know these things, Kodi is no longer being updated or monitored. So you'll have a lot of non-working links. 

I've found Terrarium to be much more reliable but still use the Sportsdevil add on in Kodi for live sports. 
Your son does not seem to know what he is talking about re: Kodi 

Hmmm... I DL'd it off their site (terrarium) and have ads, but it's a newer version.  

There's an area in settings where you can remove ads by entering in a Gmail address?.... But it doesn't seem to work. 
Yeah, that option for removing ads has been deactivated. I guess that's how they support it

I didn't make it but IP attorney in the link did.
I mean sure, I always get my legal advice from Bobby Abreu (very consistent ballplayer), and I can get the idea of the consumer of the streams not being very culpable (hence my comment about YouTube), but from the distributor side, it would be like getting a Netflix account and not just letting your friend watch a movie, but everyone in the world whether you know them or not, at any time.  Which would be very different.

I mean sure, I always get my legal advice from Bobby Abreu (very consistent ballplayer), and I can get the idea of the consumer of the streams not being very culpable (hence my comment about YouTube), but from the distributor side, it would be like getting a Netflix account and not just letting your friend watch a movie, but everyone in the world whether you know them or not, at any time.  Which would be very different.
But how do you write that law, and not just crush youtube google and all the other aggregation sites out there as well?  Hence the problem and the reason why streaming in the current form will never be made illegal in the USA.  

Other countries have a different take on content restriction, but this doesn't come out of the altruistic desire to restrict distribution but because they are not getting the tariffs they want and much of their content distribution is government owned (Great Britain comes to mind here).

Except if you are streaming you don't actually take possession of anything (the file) so you can't say it's copyright infringement. 

Except if you are streaming you don't actually take possession of anything (the file) so you can't say it's copyright infringement. 
That's arguable, and as far as I know it's never been fully hashed out, which is what @culdeus was alluding to earlier, (I think, anyway). 

The "I'm just streaming it" side just says you're watching it live, and since the file lives in an ephemeral state on your device and you never really "have" it, other than when you're watching it stream via your browser. 

But you have to have the file on your computer to play it.   The fact that by default you aren't downloading it to a permanent state may or may not be a legal distinction.   You are at least temporarily in possession of it, you have to be to have it play locally for you.   The argument could certainly be made that even this transient possession is enough for infringement.  

Now, I know the real tasty meat for the MPAA and TV Studio lawjerks is going after those people serving streams and those people sharing scene leaks.  And I know this discussion gets even muddier if you are talking about content that is regularly broadcast OTA.   But for the purposes of

• movies that are currently in theater or only on DVD or pay to stream
  • PPV sporting events
  •  Pay-for-access original programming (Game of Thrones, etc)
and any other content that isn't normally part of NBC's Tuesday night broadcast ####fest lineup -- and you know and I know that this is a large portion of the Kodi, etc body of work -- I find the "I just looked at it but I never really had it" argument pretty disingenuous.  That's not to say I'm here to cast judgement -- I'm as guilty as anyone on this front.   I just don't try to delude myself about what I'm doing. 

and any other content that isn't normally part of NBC's Tuesday night broadcast ####fest lineup -- and you know and I know that this is a large portion of the Kodi, etc body of work -- I find the "I just looked at it but I never really had it" argument pretty disingenuous.  That's not to say I'm here to cast judgement -- I'm as guilty as anyone on this front.   I just don't try to delude myself about what I'm doing. 
There's a lot more grey area out there than Game of Thrones and in-theater movies.

I mean, many of the situations that require internet streaming are quickly getting solved by the providers.  There are still simply things you can't get in the USA, I love to stream EuroSport from time to time when working out or whatever. It's far more entertaining than ESPN.  To my knowledge there's simply no way to pay for that even if I wanted.

I pay for MLB TV and use a DNS Unblocker.  This is a huge grey area, imo.  This is by no means illegal whatsoever, but immoral, I guess.  If MLB said, to get region un-block will cost you 300/yr.  Would I pay it?  I'm not sure.  I'm not sure why the 99+60 or so for unblocking isn't the way I would go.

What about most of the BBC content. I watch BBC all the time on streams. You can get BBC in the states, but not their original programming until it airs on PBS sometimes years later and edited for the US market.  Where does this stand?

The baseball game is on tonight. I have it on my ipad on some grandma stream while watching NCAA football.  Are the feds gonna kick down my door?  Should I care?  It's on the next channel down.  I'm sure I could go find a clean stream on fox.com or whatever, but I don't even care to spend the effort to find it. 

None of these examples are "stealing" the content simply isn't available for purchase or someone signed up for a restriction to my viewing habits simply because of where I choose to live.  

Streaming isn't, and won't be illegal, ever.  Too many slippery slopes and the MPAA is not interested and didn't really even lobby for the HB I mentioned earlier. The only entity that did was the UFC and some of the Vegas people as PPV streaming hurts them alot.  

Users who are viewing this thread