What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** Thor: Ragnarok movie thread (1 Viewer)

GregR

Footballguy
So we don't take over the MCU thread with discussion.

Heading out to see it shortly.

Someone that has seen, worth seeing in 3d? Some Marvel movies are amazing in 3d (Guardian, Dr. Strange) others not so much.

I know I'm in the minority, but Thor is my favorite Marvel series. It just hits the right mix of action, suspense and comedy. I'm excited to see this.

I know I'm in the minority, but Thor is my favorite Marvel series. It just hits the right mix of action, suspense and comedy. I'm excited to see this.
The enjoyed the first two.. The commercials for this one though.. :oldunsure:

Have tickets for Saturday.  The Marvel franchise is the best thing to happen to families who like going to the movies.  Me and the wife and our 11 and 9 year old are going and I'm not sure who is most excited to see it.  (Ok, its probably not my wife but she still likes them alot)  Love that the Hulk is in it even though its a "Thor" movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am i the only one that has zero interest in these movies?  I swear Hollywood is running out of ideas. 

Have tickets for Saturday.  The Marvel franchise is the best thing to happen to families who like going to the movies.  Me and the wife and our 11 and 9 year old are going and I'm not sure who is most excited to see it.  (Ok, its probably not my wife but she still likes them alot)  Love that the Hulk is in it even though its a "Thor" movie.
I think all the of the Hulk movies have flopped so he has to be bundled into a successful franchise.

Am i the only one that has zero interest in these movies?  I swear Hollywood is running out of ideas. 
I don't hate comic book movies for the sake of them, but I sure wish they'd make more movies like The Watchmen.  90% of the ones out today are exactly the same.

Just got back from seeing this.  

Headline:  If you liked the other Thor movies, you will like this one too. 

Other comments:

• My daughter gets seasick-ish in 3D movies, so we saw the 2D and therefore I can’t comment on quality of the 3D effects
  • Much more humor than 1 or 2.  Probably on a par with Avengers 1 for quantity of humor, and nearly equivalent in quality.  My daughter laughed a LOT
  • There is a Dr. Strange cameo that was brief, but enjoyable 
  • There are a total of 2 after credit scenes.  One shortly after they roll and the second at the very end of the credits.  

Someone that has seen, worth seeing in 3d? Some Marvel movies are amazing in 3d (Guardian, Dr. Strange) others not so much.
I would say definitely worth seeing in 3D.  One of those movies they purposefully set up camera shots to show multiple levels of depth so they look really good in 3D.

Thought the movie was excellent.  This may be the funniest Marvel movie so far, not counting Deadpool.  But without as much of that Guardians semi-cartoonish quality.

Also, 2 scenes in the credits.  One before the black-and-white credits roll, one at the very end.

In the actual Ragnorok, Thor, Odin and Loki die.  I presume since this is a comic book movie, that doesn't happen.

I liked it. Not as much as the other Thor flicks which i thought were great but this was enjoyable. Visuals were stupendous so if you like 3D I'd see it that way (I don't, and didn't).

DC may have better villains but where Marvel kicks its ### is that it doesn't take itself too seriously. This movie might have just a smidge too much humor but that's really my only complaint.

Even Jeff Goldblum was enjoyable and he usually gets on my nerves.

Two thumbs up...

Yay Thor!

Way to spoil the whole plot...  :kicksrock:
:lol:

It's been a while since I read it, but I think everyone should be dead except something like 2 of Baldur's children.

ESPECIALLY THOR since he should have been killed by the giant snake, I forgot how to spell the snakes name.  So this should be the last of all the Thor movies.  RIP Thor.

It's been a while since I read it, but I think everyone should be dead except something like 2 of Baldur's children.

ESPECIALLY THOR since he should have been killed by the giant snake, I forgot how to spell the snakes name.  So this should be the last of all the Thor movies.  RIP Thor.
What about Hulk? Does he die too?

I really enjoyed this movie.

Honestly though...I really wished they wouldn't show so much in the commercials.

It's Marvel...just throw up the title and the date...that's about all you need at this point.

Or go the way of T2 and create a trailer that has no scenes from the movie but still makes you excited to see it.

There are two points in this film that would've been WOW...HOLY CRAP moments if they weren't already in the trailers.

When you see her catch and destroy the hammer...and when Hulk busts through the doorway as the champion.

Those would've made the audience FLIP OUT!

Still awesome...just wished they'd change the way they market these films...and most, to be honest.

Now THAT was a comic book movie.

Blended humor and badassery perfectly.

You guys that think the other Thor films (especially Dark World*) were better need your tastes adjusted.

* :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  what an abysmal movie

Honestly though...I really wished they wouldn't show so much in the commercials.

It's Marvel...just throw up the title and the date...that's about all you need at this point.

Or go the way of T2 and create a trailer that has no scenes from the movie but still makes you excited to see it.

There are two points in this film that would've been WOW...HOLY CRAP moments if they weren't already in the trailers.

When you see her catch and destroy the hammer...and when Hulk busts through the doorway as the champion.

Still awesome...just wished they'd change the way they market these films...and most, to be honest.
Couldn't agree more with Hulk and hammer comments. Just got back and i liked it, my husband is the big Marvel fan and I try to stay up on the MCU enough so I am not lost when we go. Without giving stuff away my husband was disappointed with Hulks role. I tried to tell him it is a Thor movie, but Hulk is his favorite so. 

Agreed about the trailers. I've come to hate trailers and commercials, and on TV shows previews of the next week's episode.  Those would have been such amazing moments if they hadn't spoiled them.  

we all enjoyed it.   There is some fun trivia for the movie.

Korg was voiced by the director

Up to 80% of the dialogue was improvised

Thor's "I know him from work" line was given to him by a kid visiting the set for Make A Wish

The guys who put on the play for Odin are all well known stars in cameo roles

Lady Sif is still alive

Fantastic film. It's crazy how good Marvel is at doing this. Terrific re-invention of Thor (and Hulk too). Everything people have said about the film was spot on. It's funny (actually hilarious), fun, great action and pushes the MCU ahead in a great way. Just a wonderful film.

And Tessa Thompson  :wub:

So many fun little things that will require additional viewings. Pay close attention to the actors in Loki's play. Also loved the brief Loki scene near the end which sets up something super big to come in all probability.

Definitely seeing this again and then continuing to wait not so patiently for Black Panther and then Infinity War.

Are you talking about Ragnarok in the myths or the comics?

I think all the of the Hulk movies have flopped so he has to be bundled into a successful franchise.
Actually, Marvel studios owns the rights to the Hulk character, but not the distribution rights to any Hulk movies. So they can use him, but only as long as it’s in someone else’s movie.

My question is this:

What happened to Hulk after he jumped Thor and the Valkyrie onto the ship? Banner said the Hulk might not let him come back if he changed again. So is he still the Hulk, or was he able to turn back? Why not take 30 seconds to tie that up?

My question is this:

What happened to Hulk after he jumped Thor and the Valkyrie onto the ship? Banner said the Hulk might not let him come back if he changed again. So is he still the Hulk, or was he able to turn back? Why not take 30 seconds to tie that up?
If it's a story worth telling it needs more than 30 seconds.

Now you're set up to have the Natasha-Banner story line start out with Hulk being in control when he first sees her again. All sorts of directions that can go then.

Thought it was great. Loved the evolution of the Hulk and Banner's line saying the Hulk's got the keys and he's locked in the trunk. Only 6mths until Infinity War :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread