What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

Not getting a lot of traction in this thread, but what am I missing about Garrett Celek?  Seems like the cheapest "sure thing" you can get vs the Giants.  They've yet to stop ANY TE this season.  Have I taken the "start your TE vs the NYG" to far????
Not at all; I like him also and will have him in a GPP or two.

Not getting a lot of traction in this thread, but what am I missing about Garrett Celek?  Seems like the cheapest "sure thing" you can get vs the Giants.  They've yet to stop ANY TE this season.  Have I taken the "start your TE vs the NYG" to far????
Hard tot trust the CJ Beathard to Garrett Celek connection against any defense, but he is cheap.  I've been considering him, but don't think I will go that direction.  Remember, this is a guy who's been around for what...5 years? and he still couldn't beat out Vance McDonald or George Kittle.  

Current cash L/U, predicated on Julio Jones being healthy & starting:

QB/ Fitzpatrick, RB/ Fournette - J. Howard, WR/ J. Jones - R. Anderson - M. Jones Jr., TE/ Gronkowski, K/ Barth, DEF/CHI

So many good choices this week, especially at RB. Number of good QB choices & cheap value at WR. Tough decisions, but, I do like Fitzpatrick and being able to spend up for Fournette, Jones & Gronk. I can easily see Gronkowski w/ 2 TD's.
I was just looking at Fitzpatrick as a way to save some $$.  The IVC certainly loves him for H-Value.  I just don't think I can pull that trigger on that.  I am not feeling it.  TB has been pretty awful lately...and now without Evans?  Just don't see the upside, but he is cheap and can free up some money to spend elsewhere.

As a Bills fan, I can tell you that during the Amish Rifle glory days, he would usually come out and start the season with two or three really decent games, and then he'd crap the bed.  So if you buy into that narrative, Fitzpatrick might be a decent play

As a Bills fan, I can tell you that during the Amish Rifle glory days, he would usually come out and start the season with two or three really decent games, and then he'd crap the bed.  So if you buy into that narrative, Fitzpatrick might be a decent play
The other end of the narrative street here is that he's going up against a former team, one that may be providing him a little more motivation than others, as I recall his tenure at the end being somewhat contentious. Having said that, I think if the Jets DEF were a little better, it'd be a different matter. The last four games, the Jets DEF has averaged giving up 280 Yds & 2.5 TD's per game.  

The other end of the narrative street here is that he's going up against a former team, one that may be providing him a little more motivation than others, as I recall his tenure at the end being somewhat contentious. Having said that, I think if the Jets DEF were a little better, it'd be a different matter. The last four games, the Jets DEF has averaged giving up 280 Yds & 2.5 TD's per game.  
..also AS-J going up against his former team. 

Hard tot trust the CJ Beathard to Garrett Celek connection against any defense, but he is cheap.  I've been considering him, but don't think I will go that direction.  Remember, this is a guy who's been around for what...5 years? and he still couldn't beat out Vance McDonald or George Kittle.  
I was just reading something that pointed to him being a DK play, not so much a FD play, essentially saying that with Beathard and without weapons, they might struggle to get to the RZ, and that really knocks Celek's value down on FD if there is little TD upside.  3-45-0 isn't cash value on FD, but it would be on DK, so you really need him to get a TD. 

I was just reading something that pointed to him being a DK play, not so much a FD play, essentially saying that with Beathard and without weapons, they might struggle to get to the RZ, and that really knocks Celek's value down on FD if there is little TD upside.  3-45-0 isn't cash value on FD, but it would be on DK, so you really need him to get a TD. 
I'm gonna trot him out in a GPP; he get's that 3-45 or even 4-40 w/ a TD, even on FD, that's virtually tournament value. Hi risk? Absolutely - but we're not talking cash here. At $4500, I'll take a stab at it. The rest of that LU is Ben, Gurley/Darkwa, A Brown - Hilton [if he plays], R. Anderson, Lutz & TENN

I'm gonna trot him out in a GPP; he get's that 3-45 or even 4-40 w/ a TD, even on FD, that's virtually tournament value. Hi risk? Absolutely - but we're not talking cash here. At $4500, I'll take a stab at it. The rest of that LU is Ben, Gurley/Darkwa, A Brown - Hilton [if he plays], R. Anderson, Lutz & TENN
Agree - it's not like the Giants have been able to defend the TE this year either. 

Some notes from my podcast listening yesterday. 

I thought of @Megla during the Power Grid b/c a couple of them also seemed to like the Indy side of the ball and brought up Brissett and/or Hilton.  I thought it was really weird that I didn't hear anybody talk about AJ Green, and they even said that Brown was the only high priced guy they were looking at. 

The Sharp Podcast that was on the Seattle game two weeks ago and Rams and Hilton/Hopkins last week focused on these offenses for this week:  Jets/TB game, Buffalo, Giants, and Det pass O (talked a bit about Tate instead of Jones in the offense too).  They also brought up Goff + Watkins, Mariota, Howard, R.Anderson (might be lower owned now that focus might shift to Powell).  The other podcast that comes out Friday mentioned on they kinda liked Buffalo too so that really stuck out.   

Some notes from my podcast listening yesterday. 

I thought of @Megla during the Power Grid b/c a couple of them also seemed to like the Indy side of the ball and brought up Brissett and/or Hilton.  I thought it was really weird that I didn't hear anybody talk about AJ Green, and they even said that Brown was the only high priced guy they were looking at. 

The Sharp Podcast that was on the Seattle game two weeks ago and Rams and Hilton/Hopkins last week focused on these offenses for this week:  Jets/TB game, Buffalo, Giants, and Det pass O (talked a bit about Tate instead of Jones in the offense too).  They also brought up Goff + Watkins, Mariota, Howard, R.Anderson (might be lower owned now that focus might shift to Powell).  The other podcast that comes out Friday mentioned on they kinda liked Buffalo too so that really stuck out.   
The Buffalo narrative feels like sheep mentality.  Kelvin Benjamin + return of Charles Clay + bounceback game for Shady = perfect storm, etc.

What's interesting to think about, to me, is if SOME of that is true....but only enough to turn the game into a shootout....so Brees / Thomas / Ginn / McCoy....?

In addition to my silly mass entries in $0.25 GPP, I threw in two millionaire lineups....one a Fitz / Djax / Brate / Powell stack and another super homer Brady / Cooks / Gronk stack.

That second one is probably just flushing $7 as NE does not play well historically at Mile High....it just feels like Denver has cashed out (though they may get re-energized by a visit from the evil empire).

Loving Fournette, Howard, Powell this week, as well as Goff, McCown and Eli.

Surprised at the sheep mentality comment.  It was the first time I saw or heard anybody really talking about the Buffalo O. 

Grr.  Now I think this might be popular route to go in gpps.  @Ilov80s -  What WRs did you put with them?

I had had toyed with that combo with Ben - Brown/Green/Tate - Engram
I suck in GPPs so don't take anything I say as being a good play. I've got Stafford-AB/Julio/Marvin-Brate 

I suck in GPPs so don't take anything I say as being a good play. I've got Stafford-AB/Julio/Marvin-Brate 
I really like that one too. 

Just makes sense with Det WRs, Brown, Green, Julio in great spots and value opening up with the RBs that people would gravitate to this in gpps.  So I wonder if one way to differentiate in big gpps might be to slam in 2 higher $ Rbs like Fournette and Bell or pivot from a popular Powell to Martin or Coleman at the same price.  

I really like that one too. 

Just makes sense with Det WRs, Brown, Green, Julio in great spots and value opening up with the RBs that people would gravitate to this in gpps.  So I wonder if one way to differentiate in big gpps might be to slam in 2 higher $ Rbs like Fournette and Bell or pivot from a popular Powell to Martin or Coleman at the same price.  
Have you thought about playing Celek against the Giants? Rams have been really bad against RBs so Lamar Miller could be a good play that seems way off people's radar. 

Have you thought about playing Celek against the Giants? Rams have been really bad against RBs so Lamar Miller could be a good play that seems way off people's radar. 
I have thought about it, but keep ending up elsewhere for some reason.  I had Celek, Ebron, Brate, and Gronk as having the best matchups.  Engram now too with the injuries to the SF guys who could actually defend TEs.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's the thing - the Giants give up a TD+ each week to TE's... without fail.  I mean, we're talking Tyler Higbee, Jeff Heuerman and Eric Ebron here... I know there are no guarantees and Celek is as likely as any to lay an egg... but man... this is week 10, that's quite a trend!  They've allowed TD's to 9 different TE's in only 8 games.  I'll acknowledge the risk, but, I'm throwing Celek in about 1/3 of my GPP lineups.

I believe I have found the perfect lineup - The All-Motivated team!

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick - played contract chicken with the Jets all summer, 2 years ago, and the Jets wouldn't budge.  He'll want to light the Jets right up.

RB: Leonard Fournette - benched last week for disciplinary reasons, will run angry and be looking to make things right with his team.

RB: Bilal Powell - getting the opportunity to start with Forte being hurt, wants to make sure he stays the starter.

WR: AJ Green - thrown out last week, now Ramsey is calling him soft.  AJ has something to prove this week.

WR: Kelvin Benjamin - new team, old enemy. Benjamin will want to start his Buffalo career off right against a team he knows well.

WR: Antonio Brown - doesn't really fit the narrative, but this roster allows for his price, so why not?  He's so motivated he fights water coolers!

TE: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - playing against the team that gave up on him, he'll want to show them what they're missing.

K: Josh Lambo - cut by the Chargers before the season, gets a chance for revenge against the Chargers this week.

D: Bears - pounded by Aaron Rodgers in the Packers earlier in the year, they'll be looking for some payback on the current version of the Packers.

But that's the thing - the Giants give up a TD+ each week to TE's... without fail.  I mean, we're talking Tyler Higbee, Jeff Heuerman and Eric Ebron here... I know there are no guarantees and Celek is as likely as any to lay an egg... but man... this is week 10, that's quite a trend!  They've allowed TD's to 9 different TE's in only 8 games.  I'll acknowledge the risk, but, I'm throwing Celek in about 1/3 of my GPP lineups.
I understand that as well, and it could have been talking about cash and tying a position to the so far awful looking Beathard.

Again, not telling people how to spend their money, I am just posting stuff that I found interesting during the week, and might have Celek in there too, not sure.  I think they also said that the Giants were getting back 2-3 D guys too.  :shrug:  

KarmaPolice said:
Surprised at the sheep mentality comment.  It was the first time I saw or heard anybody really talking about the Buffalo O. 
I probably should have said potential for a sheep mentality dynamic based on all the "feel good" dynamics (Benji, Clay, McCoy etc.).

I probably should have said potential for a sheep mentality dynamic based on all the "feel good" dynamics (Benji, Clay, McCoy etc.).
Probably the Pats homer hating on the Bills too. ;)

@SeniorVBDStudent - you and I will both be watching closely on SNF.  I have 3 Brady stacks going, and got a little more nuts by throwing in White and Burkhead each in a LU with Gronk.  I figure Hogan's out, and the way to beat Denver is throw to the TEs and RBs.  

I can easily build a lineup w/ Brown, Julio, and Green @ WR, along with the guys I like at other positions. Building what I felt is the most efficient lineup left me (seriously) more than $12000 below the cap. Obviously the goal isn't to have the most efficient lineup, but the highest scoring, so I've got to spend that money somewhere. Do I drop it at WR like that?

Ive been following this forum for awhile. Heres my lineup for this week.

Fitz

Hyde

Howard

Brown

Green 

Marvin Jones

Gronk

Boswell

Cleveland  :ph34r:

any thoughts?

I can easily build a lineup w/ Brown, Julio, and Green @ WR, along with the guys I like at other positions. Building what I felt is the most efficient lineup left me (seriously) more than $12000 below the cap. Obviously the goal isn't to have the most efficient lineup, but the highest scoring, so I've got to spend that money somewhere. Do I drop it at WR like that?
This is starting to be the question of the day.  Is this cash or gpp? 

If gpp, like I posted above, when a high % of us in here were having that same idea, in a big gpp I am starting to think that will be a popular gpp construction. 

If gpp, like I posted above, when a high % of us in here were having that same idea, in a big gpp I am starting to think that will be a popular gpp construction. 
Cash. My GPP lineup construction (if you can call it "construction" since I'm bad at it) will be pretty significantly different. 

Been playing around with all my lineups again today, but not changing too much. At this point in the day, they all still look good and should all be winners ?. Reality coming soon, as I kick myself for changing too much or not enough.

My 50/50s 

Stafford, Bell, Howard, Tate, Funchess, Shepard, witten, catanzaro, vikings

Prescott, darkwa, Ingram, Julio, AJ green, thielen, witten, gostkowski, lions

couple x5s that I used same qbs, moved around rest of lineup for slightly higher ceiling players. 

Gpps look like a good mix of high ceiling players in potential shootouts. Just cross my fingers and hope for the best here. 

Tinkering is my worst enemy on a lazy Sunday morning. Good luck everyone! Let us know how you did! Hoping to see lots of winners in here tonight!

FWIW I may actually like Nuk over Green in terms of absolute score, but the issue is still the same. 

Ive been following this forum for awhile. Heres my lineup for this week.

Fitz

Hyde

Howard

Brown

Green 

Marvin Jones

Gronk

Boswell

Cleveland  :ph34r:

any thoughts?
I can't fathom starting Cleveland D today.  Swapped Marvin Jones for S Shepard, and picked Bears D and Nugent.

Using the info from page 1 that KP posted, this is my final cash LU: QB/ Fitzpatrick, RB/ Bell - Howard, WR/ Tate - DJax - R. Anderson, TE/Gronk, K/Nugent, DEF/CHI

TRIED to narrow the players down to a core group.  Just doing some gpps, went with:

Just Brate, Engram, Gronk at TE

Core wrs of Brown, green, Julio, Tate, R.Anderson, D.Thomas, Watkins. 

I tried to differentiate at rb and qb this week after that with guys like Burkhead, Gordon, Freeman, Mariota, McCown, etc.

Good luck, all! 

I currently have 3 cash line ups entered into a number of contests.  I don't know why I do this to myself.  My most successful weeks are when I can settle on a single line up, but here I am at 11:48 AM with 3.  :unsure:   

I currently have 3 cash line ups entered into a number of contests.  I don't know why I do this to myself.  My most successful weeks are when I can settle on a single line up, but here I am at 11:48 AM with 3.  :unsure:   
Seems like this would be a week for indecision with great plays at every salary level at each position. 

I'm totally running a Seimien/Thomas stack in a massive GPP. Low probability, but 1-in-150,000 is still better than my odds of picking the best lineup otherwise.  

I would have re-thought some things if I'd known this little stat: the last three years, PITT is 0-3 coming off their bye-week. If things continue as they are, it will be 0-4. Can't believe how flat they are looking, all the way around.

I would have re-thought some things if I'd known this little stat: the last three years, PITT is 0-3 coming off their bye-week. If things continue as they are, it will be 0-4. Can't believe how flat they are looking, all the way around.
That is interesting.  Never would have guessed they wouldn't be able to trounce Indy and that the Min/Wash game would be that high scoring. 

Users who are viewing this thread