What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and the 16 women (2 Viewers)

shader

Footballguy
Somehow in all the insanity of the Trump campaign, the allegations of 16 women got swept under the rug.  It’s easy to understand as it’s been one thing after another for an entire year.

But looking back...that’s kind of a big deal, correct?  If you’re a Trump fan, how do you respond?  Is it simply that you think it was DNC staged?  Fake?

For instance why do we make a huge deal out of his Access Hollywood video and not the 16 women?  

Were some of the allegations questionable?  It’s hard to find unbiased info on this subject. 

To me this is the worst thing he’s been accused of bar none.

If the Weinstein story had broken before the election then he probably wouldn't have been elected. Now, it would take these women who he assaulted and maybe some more women to come forward again and tell their stories. Their lives would be turned upside-down and that's after they've already dealt with so much #### during the election. There'd have to be more than just allegations too. I think he'll eventually get his comeuppance but not because of his sexual indiscretions.

Trump ####ed up with his tweet about franken last night. He was smart enough to keep his mouth shut about Roy Moore. When you've lived a lifetime of sexual misbehavior, your best bet is to keep your mouth shut when others are accused of it. Of course, the political hack in in just couldn't help itself. This is going to bring all of Trump's issues back front and center. Expect to be seeing a lot of the 'grab them by the #####' tape in the next few weeks. Along with some of those women that Trump assaulted throughout the years. He should have left Sleeping Dogs lie

It's not so much that they were swept under the rug as much as it is that nobody can really be expected to keep up with all of the disqualifying stories involving Trump.  Who's got time for that?

The 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump were aware of these charges. I believe that most of them believed these charges to be probably true. But they chose to ignore it and voted for him anyhow. 

But- I hate to say this- it was the Democratic reaction to Bill Clinton that allowed Trump voters to choose to ignore this. And Hillary Clinton must take a great deal of responsibility for the reaction to Bill. I’ve come to see that now.

Trump admitted this stuff himself... but the right-wingers didn't care. Their hate drove them to vote for him anyway.

And Trump knew the rubes would do so. "I could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not loose votes". He knew it, We all know it.  All that matter s is the R next to his name.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not so much that they were swept under the rug as much as it is that nobody can really be expected to keep up with all of the disqualifying stories involving Trump.  Who's got time for that?
You may or may not have been at least partially joking, but it is pretty much the correct encapsulation of the situation.

If the Weinstein story had broken before the election then he probably wouldn't have been elected. Now, it would take these women who he assaulted and maybe some more women to come forward again and tell their stories. Their lives would be turned upside-down and that's after they've already dealt with so much #### during the election. There'd have to be more than just allegations too. I think he'll eventually get his comeuppance but not because of his sexual indiscretions.
Don't know if it would've mattered. Trump voters simply don't care that he's a sexist predator and alleged rapist. He was caught on tape bragging about it and people still didn't care. Any other candidate would've been destroyed that very day and never heard from again. But Trump survived because millions didn't care. All the stars were aligned for him. I'm not sure we'll ever see something like that happen again. But it happened once and it has proven devastating to our country.  

Trump ####ed up with his tweet about franken last night. He was smart enough to keep his mouth shut about Roy Moore. When you've lived a lifetime of sexual misbehavior, your best bet is to keep your mouth shut when others are accused of it. Of course, the political hack in in just couldn't help itself. This is going to bring all of Trump's issues back front and center. Expect to be seeing a lot of the 'grab them by the #####' tape in the next few weeks. Along with some of those women that Trump assaulted throughout the years. He should have left Sleeping Dogs lie
I sure hope so.  I mean, if we lose Louis CK, but not Trump I'm going to be pretty pissed.  

Don't know if it would've mattered. Trump voters simply don't care that he's a sexist predator and alleged rapist. He was caught on tape bragging about it and people still didn't care. Any other candidate would've been destroyed that very day and never heard from again. But Trump survived because millions didn't care. All the stars were aligned for him. I'm not sure we'll ever see something like that happen again. But it happened once and it has proven devastating to our country.  
Right?  Howard Dean is literally like WTF just happened? 

When it came to these slanderous claims and tapes that magically appeared during the election, I just fall back on the observation of DNC Hall of Famer operative, James Carville:

” If you drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you’ll find,”

When it came to these slanderous claims and tapes that magically appeared during the election, I just fall back on the observation of DNC Hall of Famer operative, James Carville:

” If you drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you’ll find,”
I believe that in years to come both you and James Carville will find yourselves on the wrong side of history. 

Interesting and sad this thread has only 21 replies yet the Franken thread has over 600 and tge Roy Moore thread has over 2500.

Boggles my mind he got elected with this over his head
That's among the reasons why I can't see Trumpism being sustainable. There's a 0% chance any other candidate in our country's history would've gotten elected given all he did and was accused of. It was a perfect storm of insanity. Maybe I'm being overly hopeful but I just don't see something that never could've happened before happening again. I think it was a one-time deal.

A painful, embarrassing, damaging one-time deal to be sure just a one off.  

Considering how the national mood seems to have changed since Trump's accusers came forward, it's definitely time the country circled back to this topic. I'd hope that this recent wave, outing of all the sexual harassers and abusers, will allow the Trump accusers to get the same airing, respect and justice for themselves. There certainly are a lot of Trump sexual assault allegations, but the Wiki page on them seems to have a decent summation.

Trump's rape, assault and sexual harassment allegations

Does anyone know if it's complete? 

Why?  This is one reason I started the thread.  Why is it fake news?
Same reason Roy Moore's is fake news.  Only Democrats would be guilty of sexual misbehavior. But I guarantee that he believes the women who accused Bill Clinton, Weinstein, Anthony Weiner, and Al Franken.  

Interesting and sad this thread has only 21 replies yet the Franken thread has over 600 and tge Roy Moore thread has over 2500.

Boggles my mind he got elected with this over his head
Pretty much everyone but partisans consider the Trump allegations politically motivated hatchet jobs.  Donald Trump was a flamboyant playboy for decades. Beautiful wonen adored him.  He was like a real life Bruce Wayne.  He had no need to push the envelope.  

RBM said:
Fake news

Pretty much everyone but partisans consider the Trump allegations politically motivated hatchet jobs.  Donald Trump was a flamboyant playboy for decades. Beautiful wonen adored him.  He was like a real life Bruce Wayne.  He had no need to push the envelope.  
Using political views to determine which women to support, and which women to bash, is the reason Trump skated on his assault/rape/harassment allegations during the election. It’s a shame that this is such a common response. Hopefully, this kind of partisan reasoning can be stamped out, so more women can get the respect and justice which they deserve.

Three different cases   

Judge Roy or whatever is a creep like Jerry Sandusky.  

Franken is a high horse liberal that looks like Bilbo Baggins.  Now we find out he has skeletons in his closet even as he bashes Trump.  

Trump is the quintessential playboy that women loved for decades.  

And yet there is plenty of tape, with his own words coming out of his mouth, bragging about committing sexual assault..... I know, I know, the dude is a liar.

Three different cases   

Judge Roy or whatever is a creep like Jerry Sandusky.  

Franken is a high horse liberal that looks like Bilbo Baggins.  Now we find out he has skeletons in his closet even as he bashes Trump.  

Trump is the quintessential playboy that women loved for decades.  
Trump is hot

Considering how the national mood seems to have changed since Trump's accusers came forward, it's definitely time the country circled back to this topic. I'd hope that this recent wave, outing of all the sexual harassers and abusers, will allow the Trump accusers to get the same airing, respect and justice for themselves. There certainly are a lot of Trump sexual assault allegations, but the Wiki page on them seems to have a decent summation.

Trump's rape, assault and sexual harassment allegations

Does anyone know if it's complete? 
I agree.  If we are calling people out on this crap, let's be thorough and even.  I'm waiting for the sports stars to start coming to light.  Some crazy stories with some of them as well out there.  

I agree.  If we are calling people out on this crap, let's be thorough and even.  I'm waiting for the sports stars to start coming to light.  Some crazy stories with some of them as well out there.  
Totally. Hollywood is cleaning house, and now we seem to be moving towards politicians, but then it will probably be sports figures and big business, too. Time to lift up the rugs, and clean out the stuff that's been swept under there for years.

I would guess that Trump didn't want to speak about Moore, because everyone would cry foul at his hypocrisy, but he just couldn't control himself with Franken. Hopefully, we are moving towards his time in the barrel for the long list of pretty awful allegations against him. 

Why are the allegations politically motivated hatchet jobs?  Because you like Trump?  I try to be EXTREMELY open-minded...so yeah if there's a legitimate reason why the 16 accusers were hatchet jobs, I just wondered what they were?

And yet there is plenty of tape, with his own words coming out of his mouth, bragging about committing sexual assault..... I know, I know, the dude is a liar.
The audio may have been so shocking that it caused people to lose track of the 16 women.  I know I was shocked when I originally heard it.

I can actually see overlooking the audio as braggadocio or just a rich guy going through scenarios of how easy it is to get women.  Doesn't make what he said right..but I can kind of get it.

But it's tough for me to get past 16 women.  That's a lot of women to lie.

The audio may have been so shocking that it caused people to lose track of the 16 women.  I know I was shocked when I originally heard it.

I can actually see overlooking the audio as braggadocio or just a rich guy going through scenarios of how easy it is to get women.  Doesn't make what he said right..but I can kind of get it.

But it's tough for me to get past 16 women.  That's a lot of women to lie.
And what do they get out of it?  I’d like to see this long list of women whose lives are markedly better since being assaulted and outing a powerful man.  

packersfan said:
I never read any Batman comics so all I've got is Adam West and the movies but I don't recall Bruce Wayne ever being a horrendous businessman with a string of bankruptcy's and the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 2-year-old.

Is that what Affleck's bringing to Justice League?
Worse. He's bringing Affleck.

I can’t believe I missed this thread. 

“Swept under the rug.”   :lmao:

There were about a hundred conversations about it on this board alone. It was a major discussion point during the campaign.  No, it wasn’t swept under the rug.  His voters didn’t care. 

I can’t believe I missed this thread. 

“Swept under the rug.”   :lmao:

There were about a hundred conversations about it on this board alone. It was a major discussion point during the campaign.  No, it wasn’t swept under the rug.  His voters didn’t care. 
I don’t think it was as big a story as it should have been. How many of his accusers can the average person name? The answer would be “definitely more than zero” if it got the traction it warranted, but I’m guessing that the answer is actually zero.

I don’t think it was as big a story as it should have been. How many of his accusers can the average person name? The answer would be “definitely more than zero” if it got the traction it warranted, but I’m guessing that the answer is actually zero.
Hooray! I’m above average!

shader said:
Why are the allegations politically motivated hatchet jobs?  Because you like Trump?  I try to be EXTREMELY open-minded...so yeah if there's a legitimate reason why the 16 accusers were hatchet jobs, I just wondered what they were?
They were just the 16 people that said "sure" when Bernie Bernstein came calling.

Users who are viewing this thread