What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and the 16 women (4 Viewers)

I didn't vote in 2016 and if I had would have voted Gary Johnson. I was on facebook not long after the election and posted some rebuttal to why the wait times at urban polling stations was longer than the wait at rural stations. I received the response quoted below from someone I went to HS with. 

The over the top responses such as the above don't exactly endear me to the Ds this time around and I'm sure I'm not alone.
At this point, if a politically engaged guy like yourself hasn’t seen enough to support Trump’s opponent, I highly doubt any level of endearing will get you over the line. Just go ahead and pull the lever for Trump, and own it.   :shrug:

Anyone posting anything other than baby pictures, recipes or cats playing piano on Facebook are asking for a lot of hate.  It doesn't matter which party you support, the whackos on the other side are going to lash out.

One of the many reasons I don't have a FB account
Yeah, I don't foray into politics on facebook. I didn't think pointing out flaws was political, but I quickly learned. I'm biased, but I think my kids are pretty cute and there are a few family members that rely on facebook to stay up to date.

At this point, if a politically engaged guy like yourself hasn’t seen enough to support Trump’s opponent, I highly doubt any level of endearing will get you over the line. Just go ahead and pull the lever for Trump, and own it.   :shrug:
I don't know. I like to think I'm not overly emotional and a hate missive like the one I received was enough to make me feel like I better give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Voting also isn't a binary process. People can vote third party or they can stay home. Having someone break friendships or go on half-cocked rants is never going to benefit the side you want that person to vote for. I couldn't vote for Trump and look my daughter in the face. But that doesn't mean I'll vote D or donate to the democrats. I think going no contact isn't beneficial for you or for the people you want to support. There are still a lot of fence-sitters. In a state like Virginia, you don't want to give them a reason to go to the side of the fence you think is wrong.

Godsbrother said:
Anyone posting anything other than baby pictures, recipes or cats playing piano on Facebook are asking for a lot of hate.  It doesn't matter which party you support, the whackos on the other side are going to lash out.

One of the many reasons I don't have a FB account
Is was in a Type II diabetes group and I posted was frustrated with my Blood sugars.

Everybody jumped all over me because I had oatmeal for breakfast. Lot of people were lecturing me. Finally texted the group leader I was just venting. He then texted me back with A 4 paragraph text about the rules of the group. At that point I told him I quit the group. 

Gawain said:
I don't know. I like to think I'm not overly emotional and a hate missive like the one I received was enough to make me feel like I better give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Voting also isn't a binary process. People can vote third party or they can stay home. Having someone break friendships or go on half-cocked rants is never going to benefit the side you want that person to vote for. I couldn't vote for Trump and look my daughter in the face. But that doesn't mean I'll vote D or donate to the democrats. I think going no contact isn't beneficial for you or for the people you want to support. There are still a lot of fence-sitters. In a state like Virginia, you don't want to give them a reason to go to the side of the fence you think is wrong.
I agree that it shouldn't be the official position of the Democratic party to dehumanize every Trump voter.  But some personal shaming when folks are either supporting a bigot for POTUS or indirectly supporting him by sitting out the election seems about right.

Again, if you've watched the last few years closely and are still a "fence sitter", I struggle to find motivation to try to convince you to vote for Democrats.  Appealing to your decency, as your friend did, is perhaps the only way.  :shrug:  

IvanKaramazov said:
The guy you responded to was speaking thoughtfully and honestly about the Trump voters that he personally knows.  He acknowledged his own personal loathing of Trump, while also noting that he's had to vote for someone who he didn't care much for.  And that poster has a long track record of being a solid contributor to the forum.  I don't see why you'd feel the urge to respond with a childish drive-by that responded to absolutely none of the substance of his posts, but whatever.
You know I think you're right. Thank you. I was out over my skis. Apologies to GB. 

‘I Was Banged Up Against the Wall,’ E. Jean Carroll, Trump Accuser, Tells CNN

The longtime Elle magazine advice columnist said Monday that she tried to fight back against Donald Trump’s advances in a fitting room of Bergdorf Goodman. The president has denied the accusation.

Speaking publicly for the first time since Mr. Trump denied her accusations, the columnist, E. Jean Carroll, said that she tried to fight back against Mr. Trump’s violent advances in a fitting room of Bergdorf Goodman in Manhattan.

But in her new book, “What Do We Need Men For?,” scheduled for release July 2, Ms. Carroll wrote that Mr. Trump overpowered her and pinned her against the wall, pushed his mouth against her lips, then pulled down her tights, unzipped his pants and forced his “fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me.”

The episode took place in late 1995 or early 1996, according to Ms. Carroll, who said Monday that Mr. Trump asked her to model lingerie that he was looking to purchase in the try-on room. At the time, Mr. Trump was married to Marla Maples.

“The minute he closed that door, I was banged up against the wall,” Ms. Carroll said during an appearance on “New Day” with Alisyn Camerota. “I want women to know that I did not stand there. I did not freeze. I was not paralyzed, which is a reaction I could have had because it was so shocking. No, I fought.”

Ms. Carroll said the release in October 2016 of the “Access Hollywood” video in which Mr. Trump boasted of sexual assault to the television host Billy Bush was validation for her. CNN played the 2005 clip during Ms. Carroll’s appearance.

“It knocked me back; I felt relief,” Ms. Carroll said. “We have to change this culture of sexual violence.”

More than a dozen women have accused Mr. Trump of sexual misconduct that they said took place before he was elected president.

“It’s the same,” Ms. Carroll said. “He denies it. He turns it around. He attacks and then he threatens. I am sick of it. Think how many women have come forward. Nothing happens.”

Ms. Carroll, 75, stopped short of using the word “rape” on Monday to characterize the episode, which she said in an excerpt from her book that she disclosed to two friends at the time. One urged her to report it to the police, while a journalist friend warned her to keep quiet because Mr. Trump would “bury you.” The New York Times spoke to the two friends, who confirmed that Ms. Carroll had spoken about it with them but said they did not want to be identified.

“I have difficulty with the word,” Ms. Carroll, author of “Ask E. Jean” in Elle, said Monday. “I see it as a fight. He pulled down my tights. It was over very quickly. It was against my will 100 percent.”

The accusation is a focal point of Ms. Carroll’s new book. It was also the basis of an excerpt from her book published online Friday by New York magazine, which featured Ms. Carroll on the cover wearing the same black wool Donna Karan coatdress that she said she wore when the episode took place.

Ms. Carroll rejected the president’s contention that she was motivated by publicity for her book.

“Male authors never get this question,” Ms. Carroll said. “It was not about selling a book about Donald Trump.”

The White House referred Monday to previous comments by Mr. Trump, who told reporters Saturday as he was leaving for Camp David that the allegations were baseless.

“It’s a total false accusation,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t know anything about her. She’s made this charge against others, and you know, people have to be careful, because they are playing with very dangerous territory.”

In a statement on Friday by Mr. Trump, the president said he had never met Ms. Carroll, but the two were photographed together at a party in 1987 with Ms. Carroll’s ex-husband, John Johnson. Mr. Trump said on Saturday that the image was misleading.

“Standing with my coat on in a line?” Mr. Trump said. “Give me a break — with my back to the camera? I have no idea who she is.”

He reiterated his denial on Monday in an interview with The Hill after Ms. Carroll’s CNN appearance.

“I’ll say it with great respect: Number one, she’s not my type,’’ he said. “Number two, it never happened. It never happened, OK?”

Mookie said:
And perhaps I'm too quick to draw a line that forgives/overlooks the philandering and condemns the rape and assault allegations.  It's all immoral behavior that some would prefer to view as unproven dirt.  What is odd to me is that many have had their political lives ruined over their philandering, and yet Trump seems emboldened by far more serious allegations against him as well as his own callous and inappropriate statements (i.e. "grab 'em by the #####").  
The last 3 years is just bizarre.  I still wake up on a daily basis and can’t believe this guy is President.

Gawain said:
I didn't vote in 2016 and if I had would have voted Gary Johnson. I was on facebook not long after the election and posted some rebuttal to why the wait times at urban polling stations was longer than the wait at rural stations. I received the response quoted below from someone I went to HS with. 

The over the top responses such as the above don't exactly endear me to the Ds this time around and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Yeah.  I didn't vote in 2016- the one time I did was for Ralph Nader in 2008.  I get that Trump is bad and some of his supporters are repellent, but hell if these people don't make me want to spite them.  It seems like the people most personally and emotionally wounded by this man tend to be extremely low information voters, uniformly deferential to corporate wing of Democratic party, focused on palace intrigue and superficial norms/civility stuff rather than a real understanding of the system, etc.  They're not unlike Trump supporters really.  Just a different perceived value system.  

Yeah.  I didn't vote in 2016- the one time I did was for Ralph Nader in 2008.  I get that Trump is bad and some of his supporters are repellent, but hell if these people don't make me want to spite them.  It seems like the people most personally and emotionally wounded by this man tend to be extremely low information voters, uniformly deferential to corporate wing of Democratic party, focused on palace intrigue and superficial norms/civility stuff rather than a real understanding of the system, etc.  They're not unlike Trump supporters really.  Just a different perceived value system.  
That doesn't speak very well of you.

Trump’s response to this latest accusation, “she’s not my type”.

Good grief this guy is a scumbag. 
When he uses that kind of language in the context of a rape allegation, he's effectively demonstrating (again) his condescending attitude toward women.  He might as well have borrowed his pal Hillary's language and just label half the country (women) as deplorables.  

Many people on this site are very critical of Trump...and are not even close to low information voters.  Also, not very deferential to the corporate wing of the Dem party.

Wanting to spite those people...while saying little to nothing of some of the worst of the Trump supporters out there is quite odd (by worst of the Trump supporters Im not talking about this board).

Come on!  I just read about this and the video is 100 times more cringeworthy than I ever dreamed.  :lmao:   Anderson Cooper couldn’t get to break fast enough. Surprised CNN actually aired this to be honest.  
Again...care to unpack why you think that?

Oh come on. You're an intelligent dude, Ren. I like reading most of your posts, despite your dogged insistence on denial of Russian involvement in our elections, among other things. You and I agree on quite a lot outside of the foibles of the current news cycle.

But the bolded is absurd, IMO. There are a LOT of Anti-Trumpers here (myself included) that are very much NOT deferential to any part of the Democratic party, specifically the "corporate wing" of it. Like a domestic violence victim, we've been driven into the arms of the Democratic party by the abusive ####### that is the presently- constituted GOP.

I left the Presidential portion of my 2016 ballot blank because I hated Trump as a candidate but strongly disliked Hillary as well. Trump has proven to be such an absolute disaster, however, that I barely care who the Dem nominee will be (although hopefully not Biden). I know they'll be an improvement, so they have my vote, despite the fact that prior to Trump, the functionality and corruption of the two parties were barely distinguishable from each other and completely deserving of the scorn any of us felt toward them.

Come on!  I just read about this and the video is 100 times more cringeworthy than I ever dreamed.  :lmao:   Anderson Cooper couldn’t get to break fast enough. Surprised CNN actually aired this to be honest.  
His reaction to  “ you’re fascinating to talk to” at the end :lmao: . Wow

Users who are viewing this thread