What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Reynolds, DEN (1 Viewer)

Plorfu

Footballguy
I don't do dynasty so I've never heard of this guy, but I heard Berry and Rapaport both mention him as possibly being a real factor with Woods out and, honestly, Woods might actually be out for a bit (definitely this week and next.)

I looked here and I see some excitement from the dynasty folks, some Twitter excitement, maybe Waldman likes him...

I'm thinking about dropping Inman for him in redraft as an upside play and I'd rather be a week early.

Thoughts on this guy ROS and forever?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • I  might actually start him today.
I hope he pans out because I pulled a special card of him from a pack a month ago. It has a piece of a Rams jersey (surely not game-used) and a piece of a football and something else and his signature. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects fourth-round rookie Josh Reynolds to be "featured a little bit" in Robert Woods' absence.

Woods hurt his shoulder in last week's loss to Minnesota and won't be available for Sunday's home game against New Orleans. While Reynolds does offer some similarities to Woods, he's only logged 84 offensive snaps this year and hasn't caught a pass since Week 2. He's someone to keep an eye out for, but obviously we'll need to see Reynolds deliver some concrete results before recommending him in fantasy.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Nov 26 - 9:14 AM

I've been holding him since he caught that fake punt catch.  Dynasty league (deep benches).  Good size and good skills where I remember some AJ Green comparisons when he came out so why not.  

Played 62 of 77 snaps and Woods expected to miss again. You have to figure Watkins will draw Peterson so I think I might be plugging him in for JuJu because I'm worried about his Monday night hammy.

Josh Reynolds - WR -  Rams

Rams coach Sean McVay said he is "really excited about" sophomore WR Josh Reynolds.

Reynolds had surgery to repair a torn labrum over the offseason, but he was ready to go for training camp. "One of the things about Josh is wide catch radius, got great length," McVay said. "But, I think what kind of goes unnoticed is the rare body control he has for a player of that size." Brandin Cooks' arrival took the shine off Reynolds' redraft appeal, but he is still a great hold in Dynasty leagues.

Jul 31 - 9:25 AM

I love the guy, was on him early and owned him in a lot of leagues.  But he's a dart throw on someone's bench and only viable if there's an injury in front of him AND they're in a shootout type of game.  Otherwise he won't do much.  It's a long hold process for him if you believe, but he's totally replaceable on your fantasy team with other young guys that actually get meaningful playing time.  

They arguably have the best WR core in the league.  

I love the guy, was on him early and owned him in a lot of leagues.  But he's a dart throw on someone's bench and only viable if there's an injury in front of him AND they're in a shootout type of game.  Otherwise he won't do much.  It's a long hold process for him if you believe, but he's totally replaceable on your fantasy team with other young guys that actually get meaningful playing time.  

They arguably have the best WR core in the league.  
He's a tough hold in leagues with short benches. He's an absolute hold in deep bench leagues. He has flashed when given opportunity. I like what I have seen and will hold where I can. 

It's not all that unlikely that one of three players is hurt at any given time.  I also doubt Cooks is still with the team after they have to pay Goff in 2021. Cooks' contract has an out there that probably isn't a coincidence. 

He is long and fluid in the way he moves on the field. Reminded me a lot of TO watching him on those TD catches yesterday. Oodles of potential here. 

Yeah Waldman LOVED this guy.  I have him in every dynasty league and am prepared to wait.  I'm definitely encouraged by how he looked this week.

Dropped him after last week, hope I can get him back. Just not sure when his time will come with the three ahead of him and the offense not incorporating his deep ball prowess.

No, that’s getting a bit overused. League winner is a top 5 guy imo, and he won’t be that. More of a great dynasty stash.
I guess what I mean by that is a guy who helps you win your league down the stretch. Finding a guy who can even get CLOSE to Kupp's production at this time in the season is the kinda thing that wins your league (IF he puts up those kinda numbers). 

Not true Keenan Allen last year tore it up if this guy can be a wr2 rest of way that would be fantastic wr 3 or flex helps ur team either way 

This is an awesome opportunity for Reynolds and great for Dynasty owners too.  Chances seem decent that he will carve himself out a permanent role of some kind in this offense.  He has a chance to "force his way onto the field" so to speak.... and if he doesn't we will know.

Just read this per Joe's email updates: 

"Source: RamsWire - Cameron DaSilva

Los Angeles Rams WR Pharoh Cooper (ankle) might be active for the Week 11 game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, Nov. 19. Head coach Sean McVay said Cooper is healthy and practicing with the team.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Cooper is a candidate to get snaps in the slot in place of Cooper Kupp. This could put a cramp in Josh Reynolds upside as a fill-in. Keep tabs on Cooper in deep leagues, especially return yardage leagues."

As a dejected Dynasty Kupp owner, I just ponied up for Reynolds. Now this. Anyone seen this guy play in college?

Discuss...

I own Woods/owned Kupp across the board in most of the National High-Stakes contests, and I am not worried about P.Cooper at all. He doesn't offer much outside of special teams and as a return man.

I ponied up for Reynolds as well, and then picked up Everett on the cheap. My biggest concern is the two of them vulturing snaps/targets from each other, but there may be opportunities to start both down the road. The Rams offense, overall, IMHO loses little, and maybe even gains some, because both Reynolds and Cooper embody aspects of Kupp, and can both fill in respectably in the route tree and blocking scheme. Plus, early yesterday morning on XM Radio Fantasy Channel , I heard the hosts talking about  recent conversations they had with the Rams offensive staff that were  positive towards Everett having a significant impact in the 2nd half of the Season because due to injury, he's basically been 2 weeks behind everyone in the offense, and he's finally caught up. Lots of mouths to feed, and not enough footballs to go around, but the amount of production coming out of that offense ... Kupp had a PPR ceiling of being able to amass enough stats for 2 Players, by himself. Very dependable to put up what you'd expect from a starter.  I think there's enough to go around to at least make both Reynolds and Everett dependable flexes moving forward, with a reasonable ceiling of what you'd expect out of a starter, which isn't bad for a flex, especially in TE enhanced.

Josh Reynolds caught 6-of-8 targets for 80 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' 54-51, Week 11 win over the Chiefs.

Starting in place of Cooper Kupp (torn ACL), Reynolds was third on the team in targets and nearly had a second touchdown but was unable to keep his big toe in bounds in the end zone. His first score came from four yards out, and he, Tyler Higbee, and Gerald Everett all had big games to make up for the loss of Kupp. Reynolds will be hit or miss down the stretch but obviously needs to be added everywhere he's available playing in this high-octane offense.

Nov 20 - 12:24 AM

Cooper never even saw a snap from what I could tell, not even as the WR4 when Cooks went to the locker room.  He's totally irrelevant in the offense.

6 for 80 with a TD on 8 targets is excellent, but more importantly Reynolds looked really good out there.  He almost had a 2nd touchdown in the first quarter, but missed getting the 2nd foot in by an inch or so.

Reynolds is pretty close to must-start territory right now.  It looks like he could be pretty close to simply replacing Kupp's fantasy production.  

6 for 80 with a TD on 8 targets is excellent, but more importantly Reynolds looked really good out there.  He almost had a 2nd touchdown in the first quarter, but missed getting the 2nd foot in by an inch or so.

Reynolds is pretty close to must-start territory right now.  It looks like he could be pretty close to simply replacing Kupp's fantasy production.  
Hard to judge when the team scores 50. Everybody had a td but Gurley.

Hard to judge when the team scores 50. Everybody had a td but Gurley.
And Gurley had a bum ankle - probably would have had more running plays if Gurley was 100%.

I think Reynolds is a good guy to have on the bench and is definitely worth a pickup in most leagues (although still on my WW at the moment - we have a short bench).  But if the Rams get back to a more even run-pass mix the targets will go down, making Reynolds more of a flex.  Even Kupp was not an every week must start, and I don't think that Reynolds is the equal of Kupp.

And Gurley had a bum ankle - probably would have had more running plays if Gurley was 100%.

I think Reynolds is a good guy to have on the bench and is definitely worth a pickup in most leagues (although still on my WW at the moment - we have a short bench).  But if the Rams get back to a more even run-pass mix the targets will go down, making Reynolds more of a flex.  Even Kupp was not an every week must start, and I don't think that Reynolds is the equal of Kupp.
I disagree kuup was a every week start and was posting top 10 on a points per game basis .. n Reynolds with two games kuup missed he has 3 TDS and almost a 4th he's easily a wr 3 

I disagree kuup was a every week start and was posting top 10 on a points per game basis .. n Reynolds with two games kuup missed he has 3 TDS and almost a 4th he's easily a wr 3 
I looked again at his points in our PPR, and it is true that every week he was healthy Kupp got at least 10 points with a high of 42, which most of us would take any day, especially for a week 12 WW pickup.  Part of my thinking was based on our league - we only start 2 WR and a Flex, so a WR3 is not a must start for us.  But I'd be comfortable calling Reynolds a WR3, and it wouldn't shock me if he did put up WR2 numbers.  To me, an every week must start is a solid WR2 with WR1 upside (like a healthy Cooper Kupp), not a WR3 with WR2 upside (which is where I put Reynolds right now).

I looked again at his points in our PPR, and it is true that every week he was healthy Kupp got at least 10 points with a high of 42, which most of us would take any day, especially for a week 12 WW pickup.  Part of my thinking was based on our league - we only start 2 WR and a Flex, so a WR3 is not a must start for us.  But I'd be comfortable calling Reynolds a WR3, and it wouldn't shock me if he did put up WR2 numbers.  To me, an every week must start is a solid WR2 with WR1 upside (like a healthy Cooper Kupp), not a WR3 with WR2 upside (which is where I put Reynolds right now).
I think you need to reconsider Kupp's value next year. He was on pace for a huge year in his second season. Behind gurley he was the clear red zone read.

The reason I bring this up is it looks like Reynolds is going to slot into that valuable Kupp role, Including rz targets. Cooks and Woods just keep being themselves. This makes him potentially a wr2 RoS.

Anyone running Reynolds out against a beat up Philly pass D?  Given injuries, craptastic matchups and the need to hit one out of the park, I'm thinking about starting Reynolds over Lockett who is likely to draw Sherman and Mike Evans who is likely to shrink on the road against a good pass D.  Anyone else pressing Reynolds into action?

Anyone running Reynolds out against a beat up Philly pass D?  Given injuries, craptastic matchups and the need to hit one out of the park, I'm thinking about starting Reynolds over Lockett who is likely to draw Sherman and Mike Evans who is likely to shrink on the road against a good pass D.  Anyone else pressing Reynolds into action?
Likely in multiple dynasties. One I was going back and forth between Reynolds and Mike Williams. No way Reynolds does that, but I’m still hoping for a solid score. 

In the other I lost OBJ, and traded Cooper away earlier in the season for two first rounders after he was traded to Dallas (at the time felt like robbery, and now I’m somewhat regretting it). It’s either Reynolds in a plus matchup or Boyd getting defensive attention and catching passes from Driskel. 

I did see a tweet that Reynolds runs 65% of his routes from the offensive right side of the formation, where Cooper runs nearly all of his routes for Dallas. Cooper just dropped a MASSIVE game on the Philly secondary from that same lineup spot, so hoping for at least a solid showing from Reynolds. 

Was really hoping he would put up similar numbers to Kupp after I lost him. 7.6 and 4.4 his last two. Prob going with Kenyan Drake after the OBJ news. 😪

Josh Reynolds caught 3-of-8 targets for 73 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' Week 8 win over the Bengals.

Brandin Cooks exited on the opening drive with a concussion, allowing Reynolds to soak up heavy targets in three-wide sets. Reynolds ended up securing a 31-yard touchdown. It's unclear if Cooks will be able to get back on the field following the Week 9 bye, but Reynolds will be worth a waiver add as a heavy part of the offense when one of the Rams' big three wideouts is injured.

Oct 27, 2019, 5:20 PM ET

(thehuddle) Los Angeles Rams WR Josh Reynolds could have a big role if WR Brandin Cooks (concussion) is forced to miss games as the Rams have used three or more receivers on 91% of their drop backs this season.

Analysis: Reynolds caught three of eight targets for 73 yards and his first touchdown of the season against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 8. He has long been buried on the Rams' depth chart behind Cooks, Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods, but he has been one of the league's best No. 4 receivers and has had quality games as an injury replacement in the past. He should be scooped up and can be started as a flex option if Cooks is still sidelined after the bye.

This guys is intriguing.  4th rd. draft pick but has all the intangibles and has produced lately when given the chance.  Since Rams play in the 11 personnel consistently he will get a ton of snaps.  Problem for me is I have a few guys with the same type of upside so still pondering who to drop for him.  Actually leaning towards the 49ers D since I have the Bills.

This guys is intriguing.  4th rd. draft pick but has all the intangibles and has produced lately when given the chance.  Since Rams play in the 11 personnel consistently he will get a ton of snaps Problem for me is I have a few guys with the same type of upside so still pondering who to drop for him.  Actually leaning towards the 49ers D since I have the Bills.
Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB

Brandin Cooks (concussion) out for Week 10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates 11m11 minutes ago

The Rams have had at least 3 WRs on the field for a league-high 94.6% of passing plays since the start of 2018. Josh Reynolds should be busy on Sunday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samuel Wallace‏ @Samuel_DFF Nov 4

Josh Reynolds, anyone? With the recent news that Cooks could be out a bit (seriously wish him well, head injuries are scary), Reynolds is absolutely worth a look. He’s stepped up and played well in the past. Great waiver add this week, in all formats!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ben Schragger Fantasy
Week 10 Waiver Wire WRs:

1️⃣ Zach Pascal (24% owned)
2️⃣ DeVante Parker (51%)
3️⃣ Josh Gordon (60%)
4️⃣ Jamison Crowder (60%)
5️⃣ Josh Reynolds (3%)

---------------------------------

Josh Reynolds in position to shine Week 10 with Brandin Cooks already ruled out

With Brandin Cooks already ruled out for Week 10, the Los Angeles Rams will look to Josh Reynolds to step up on offense.

As expected, Brandin Cooks has already been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers after the Los Angeles Rams wideout suffered his second concussion of the year back in Week 8 against the Cincinnati Bengals.

What’s even more concerning for the Rams is this happened to be the fifth concussion for Cooks ...

...this means Josh Reynolds will have another opportunity to step up against the Steelers, ...

...there have been numerous occasions when he’s stepped up for Los Angeles when needed the most.

...with Reynolds taking on a larger role, things will end up being just fine on offense for the Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread