What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Reynolds, DEN (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB

Brandin Cooks (concussion) out for Week 10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates 11m11 minutes ago

The Rams have had at least 3 WRs on the field for a league-high 94.6% of passing plays since the start of 2018. Josh Reynolds should be busy on Sunday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samuel Wallace‏ @Samuel_DFF Nov 4

Josh Reynolds, anyone? With the recent news that Cooks could be out a bit (seriously wish him well, head injuries are scary), Reynolds is absolutely worth a look. He’s stepped up and played well in the past. Great waiver add this week, in all formats!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ben Schragger Fantasy
Week 10 Waiver Wire WRs:

1️⃣ Zach Pascal (24% owned)
2️⃣ DeVante Parker (51%)
3️⃣ Josh Gordon (60%)
4️⃣ Jamison Crowder (60%)
5️⃣ Josh Reynolds (3%)

---------------------------------

Josh Reynolds in position to shine Week 10 with Brandin Cooks already ruled out
So you're saying start him and don't think twice about it? 

Not that it's a good thing, but Reynolds should be able to return at least what Cooks was providing minus leaving games hurt. For standard, if we remove the 2 games where he left hurt, Cooks was averaging 7.6 a game which put him in the same range as Jarvis, Preston Williams, Tyler Boyd, Alshon, Woods. 

Not that it's a good thing, but Reynolds should be able to return at least what Cooks was providing minus leaving games hurt. For standard, if we remove the 2 games where he left hurt, Cooks was averaging 7.6 a game which put him in the same range as Jarvis, Preston Williams, Tyler Boyd, Alshon, Woods. 
In the past Cooks would 'occasionally' blow up with a massive huge game.

This year he's had one big but not massively huge game and another 'Ok' game where he scored his sole TD.

Reynolds doesn't have 'rip-the-top' off speed.  He''s got no flash but he should get consistent production and be more of a RZ threat than Cooks who has never been a big RZ threat and wasn't getting his 'typical' production with the 'occasional' massive game.

No hyperbole but a guy with legit sleeper potential. 

This year he's had one big but not massively huge game and another 'Ok' game where he scored his sole TD.

Reynolds doesn't have 'rip-the-top' off speed.  He''s got no flash but he should get consistent production and be more of a RZ threat than Cooks who has never been a big RZ threat and wasn't getting his 'typical' production with the 'occasional' massive game.

I think the main reason for Cooks missing those big 170/1 type games is the Rams offense and Goff especially have been sluggish. Reynolds isn't fast and is quite lean but his college numbers were good (breakout age, dominator rating, etc). He has been pretty good when given chances. I think as long as Cooks is out, he could be a top 30 WR. 

Wasn’t Reynolds Matt Waldman’s #2 rookie receiver in the RSP? He has skills to be very good I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reynolds is good.  He can do it all.  

He has a decent shot at breaking out this year given the opportunity, after showing well so far. 

I need to see a distribution of potential targets people are wanting to get excited about. 

Option #1-Kupp

Option #2-Kupp

Other targeted guys include Robert Woods who is on pace for 900-1000 yards but has yet to score a TD, last year he was 1200/6TD guy. Cooks was on pace for about 800/2TDs, his role due to I assume injuries, has been far less of an impact than many thought. 

If you take Cooks numbers and you assume Everett could see a reduction in his targets where 3 of the last 5 he has been in the 8-10 range, that could stop for a bit. 

I'm trying t come up with some real data we could bank on and you gotta believe there is at least 7-8 targets he could see on Sunday. 10-12 in PPR if you are having bye week issues this might be just what you need. 

He started 8 games last year and if you look at it game by game it was pretty feast or famine, don't think that will change much except that he was on the field last year due to Cooper Kupp, this year it's Cooks and I would argue that Kupp will keep the defenses busy with some double coverage and Reynolds should be one on one. There is definite risk here. 

Pascal vs Reynolds, who has the bigger week?

Should have picked up  Slayton instead. Two targets today. Not watching.  Pitt D that tough?
Chris Adamski‏Verified account @C_AdamskiTrib 20m20 minutes ago

Rams drive chart:

• Punt
  • Punt
  • Punt
  • Punt
  • Punt
  • Fumble
  • Punt
  • Missed
  • FG
  • Interception
  • Interception
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Reynolds caught 3-of-6 targets for 55 yards in Week 11 against Chicago.

Reynolds was invisible for most of the night with the Rams going conservative on offense. He had a clutch third down catch late, but his most notable play was a 51-yard touchdown called back on penalty. It’s a disappointing game for owners that were forced to pivot to Reynolds with Robert Woods a surprise inactive. There’s not much clarity on Woods’s status, but we’d expect him to be back for a Monday night game in Week 12.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:35 PM ET

His numbers on the year.

--------------------------------------

• 11 Receptions 
  • 211 Receiving yards
  • 19.2 Average per reception
  •  1 TD

If Cooks is on the move, where does this leave Reynolds in LA? I think he becomes their deep threat. I'd like to see that. 

If Cooks is on the move, where does this leave Reynolds in LA? I think he becomes their deep threat. I'd like to see that. 
I don't know that he's going to get a lot of volume. My guess is that it's Wood/Kupp with a lot of 2-TE sets used. 3-WR sets has Kupp slide to the slot with Joshie on the outside.

What Brandin Cooks’ departure means for Rams fantasy football prospects

Excerpt:

While we wait to see what the 2020 NFL Draft brings to the Rams roster, Kupp and Woods could be in line for a larger share of targets. They were already productive, so the bigger question might be what this could mean for Josh Reynolds. In 16 games, Reynolds caught 21 passes for 326 yards and one touchdown. He was behind three receivers and two tight ends, but barring a day one or day two draft pick, Reynolds could work his way into the third receiver role. He filled in at times when Kupp and Woods got hurt, so he’s a guy who could become a fringe fantasy option.

Rams coach Sean McVay has confirmed the Brandin Cooks trade was a vote of confidence in fourth-year pro Josh Reynolds. 

“We just feel he’s a capable starting receiver," McVay said. Reynolds, who has seven career touchdowns across 48 games, has never had a 100-yard game. His season-high for yardage was 2018's 402 when Cooper Kupp missed extensive time with injury. Reynolds is indeed slotted in as the Rams' No. 3 wideout, but it figures to be tight ends Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett who see the biggest uptick in usage following Cooks' departure. Reynolds isn't much of a 2020 fantasy sleeper.  

SOURCE: Joe Curley on Twitter 

Apr 21, 2020, 2:40 PM ET

The Los Angeles Times' Gary Klein notes that Rams WR Josh Reynolds is "on track" to join Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp as a full-time starter.

With Brandin Cooks no longer around, the Rams undoubtedly project for a higher rate of two-tight end sets and Klein suggests it's Reynolds, rather than No. 57 overall pick Van Jefferson, who has a leg up as the team's No. 3. Reynolds does offer experience in that role, averaging 90 percent of offensive snaps in the 10 games either Cooper Kupp or Cooks missed the past two years, but there are only so many holes to fill even if the Rams do opt to lean on Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett simultaneously. Perhaps Reynolds will push Kupp, who inexplicably logged only 64 percent of Los Angeles' snaps in his last eight games, on the outside. It's a position to monitor throughout camp.

SOURCE: Los Angeles Times

Apr 29, 2020, 3:04 PM ET

EVEN WORSE
They claim it was a “miss click”. Personally, I don’t buy it. The person who allegedly made the mistake never said anything in the comments. In fact, the commissioner said he was “verifying the pic”. In other words, he was talking to the guy out of it.

They claim it was a “miss click”. Personally, I don’t buy it. The person who allegedly made the mistake never said anything in the comments. In fact, the commissioner said he was “verifying the pic”. In other words, he was talking to the guy out of it.
Not good. How do you get from Jeudy to Reynolds on a "miss click"? I guess from "Jerry" to "Josh" isn't that big of a leap, but that seems odd. Oh well. Watch to see if the guy knows his stuff the rest of the way. Then you'll be able to tell, really. 

Not good. How do you get from Jeudy to Reynolds on a "miss click"? I guess from "Jerry" to "Josh" isn't that big of a leap, but that seems odd. Oh well. Watch to see if the guy knows his stuff the rest of the way. Then you'll be able to tell, really. 
I agree. Oddly enough, Im not in the league. I was on tap to take over the team, but the commish found this guy instead. I was just following along. 

Rams play-by-play analyst J.B. Long noted Josh Reynolds has been the "steady" No. 3 receiver ahead of rookie Van Jefferson at the start of camp.

It's not all that surprising, but it's important to note after the Rams used the No. 57 overall pick on Jefferson in April. Reynolds has consistently produced when given chances over the last couple years when other wideouts ahead of him have missed time. And if the Rams continue to run a bunch of 11 personnel with three receivers, he could see heavy snaps in a passing offense that looks to rebound in 2020. Reynolds is on the deep-league radar behind Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp.

RELATED: 

Van Jefferson

SOURCE: J.B. Long on Twitter

Aug 18, 2020, 2:24 PM ET

Josh Reynolds caught 4-of-8 targets for 52 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Bears.

Reynolds paced the Rams in targets and yards and got the scoring started with a four-yard touchdown in the first quarter. He's scored in back-to-back weeks and has drawn 26 targets over the last five weeks, settling in as the WR3 in L.A. ahead of rookie Van Jefferson. Reynolds has big games here and there but can't be trusted for fantasy purposes. He's yet to top 60 yards in a game this season. The Rams go to Miami in Week 8.

Oct 26, 2020, 11:44 PM ET

Josh Reynolds caught 4-of-9 targets for 44 yards in the Rams' Week 8 loss to the Dolphins.

Reynolds' nine targets tied Gerald Everett for a distant second on the team to Cooper Kupp's 21 on a day Jared Goff threw a season-high 61 passes. Reynolds has emerged as a virtual every-down player, but the Rams run the ball more than any offense in the NFC. Reynolds will be a WR4 with some upside when the Rams come out of their bye Week 10 against the Seahawks.

- Rotoworld

Josh Reynolds caught 8-of-10 targets for 94 yards in the Rams' Week 10 win over the Seahawks.

A popular bye-week flex play, Reynolds paid off against an absolutely egregious Seahawks secondary. Reynolds constantly got open and even won some 50/50 balls in traffic. Over the last month, Reynolds has earned a meaningful target share alongside Cooper Kupp (7 targets) and Robert Woods (6 targets). He's certainly played well enough to hold onto in 12-team leagues, but the Rams offense could be in trouble in Week 11 with stud LT Andrew Whitworth (knee) injured and the blitz-heavy Bucs waiting for them in Tampa.

- Rotoworld

The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports the Rams are "not expected to" re-sign free agents Gerald Everett and Josh Reynolds.

Everett is coming off a career-highs in targets (62), catches (41), and receiving yards (417), but the Rams have already invested in Tyler Higbee, who is signed through the 2023 season. Everett, 27, should sign as a low-level starter or high-end backup depending on his landing spot. Through four seasons, Everett is averaging 6.8 yards per target with a 62% catch rate. He's a former second-round pick. As for Reynolds, he'll likely sign as a backup outside receiver. Reynolds has averaged a forgettable 7.2 yards per target through four years.

RELATED: 

Josh Reynolds

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jan 26, 2021, 9:27 PM ET

NBC Sports Edge:

Titans signed WR Josh Reynolds, formerly of the Rams. 

Reynolds would likely step into the role vacated by Corey Davis, who signed with the Jets last week. Reynolds functioned as the Rams' WR3/4 for much of his four seasons in LA. He saw a career-high 81 targets for the Rams in 2020, hauling in 52 balls for 618 yards and two scores. Davis in 2020 commanded 92 targets in Tennessee's offense, though that was inflated by A.J. Brown missing time with a knee injury. In the Titans' run-heavy system, Reynolds profiles as a spot starter in traditional fantasy leagues. 

RELATED: 

Los Angeles Rams

SOURCE: Terry McCormick on Twitter 

Mar 22, 2021, 9:20 AM ET

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said WR Josh Reynolds can play both outside and in the slot.

Reynolds is the Titans’ Corey Davis replacement after they let Davis sign with the Jets in free agency. He’ll likely see most of his snaps outside but can also mix in as an oversized slot receiver. Playing in a run-heavy scheme, Reynolds is unlikely to see Davis’ 92 targets from last year, but he could emerge as a red-zone threat with both Davis and Jonnu Smith gone.

SOURCE: titans.com

Apr 11, 2021, 11:20 AM ET

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said WR Josh Reynolds can play both outside and in the slot.
Hey, Josh! That other guy, standing across from you? Get used to putting your body on his. You blockin' now, baby!

Not someone I’m targeting.  I can see me picking him off the waiver wire to park at the end of my bench, or perhaps not.

Not someone I’m targeting.  I can see me picking him off the waiver wire to park at the end of my bench, or perhaps not.
Nor I, but Davis but up more than respectable WR3 numbers in that role. I'd suspect Reynolds gives less than Davis, but who really knows? If you just substitute numbers, there's a play there in deep leagues.

For me this is simple- if they land a receiving TE, then Reynolds is a sub. If they don't then he's significant.

I don't think there's a site on the web NOT predicting they draft at least one WR. I think there are a good number of rookies better than Reynolds.

Humphries should have taught us something here. 

ESPN's Turron Davenport reports "it's clear" free agent addition Josh Reynolds will begin the season as the Titans' No. 2 receiver. 

This isn't breaking news, of course, but we had yet to update Reynolds' status since the Titans failed to add meaningful competition in the draft. Davenport also believes Reynolds could be used all over the formation like Corey Davis was last season, seeing snaps as the "X," "Z," and slot option. Reynolds posted a 52/618/2 in his age-25 campaign for the Rams in 2020. Not scintillating, but far from nothing. Opportunity alone could land Reynolds on the WR4 radar. He is being drafted as a WR6 this spring. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 3, 2021, 7:13 PM ET

It feels like he's been around forever as a breakout candidate. He's also one of those guys who was on everyone's roster at some point. 

That was a short lived run for Josh Reynolds as the Titans' No. 2 receiver. 

NFL = Not For Long.

That was a short lived run for Josh Reynolds as the Titans' No. 2 receiver. 

NFL = Not For Long.
I'm curious about early downs. Why have Julio block if he's an injury risk and you're running Henry?

I'm curious about early downs. Why have Julio block if he's an injury risk and you're running Henry?
I suppose Reynolds might be a good blocker?

I dont think you acquire Julio Jones and then limit his opportunity because of injury risk and substitutions like that are tells for the defense.

I suppose Reynolds might be a good blocker?

I dont think you acquire Julio Jones and then limit his opportunity because of injury risk and substitutions like that are tells for the defense.
Reynolds is a very good run blocker. So was Cory Davis. So was Jonnu Smith. In Reynolds, they've replaced one of those guys. 

The Titans offense is built around running Henry. Everything else flows from that. Davis/Smith were key cogs in that, with their blocking skills. IMHO, nothing about the offense is going to change with the acquisition of JJ. It's not like they acquired 27-year-old Julio Jones. I might be one of Julio Jones' biggest fans, but even I'd admit he's not Julio Jones any more. He's still better than Cory Davis, but the gap isn't as wide as it once was, and although I've heard Julio can run block, I don't know how well, and Davis was very good at it. If Julio is as good as Davis with the run blocking, then they indeed have replaced Davis/Jonnu with Julio/Reynolds. If he's not, they're going to have to find someone who is, and that person is going to see the field, because Henry is what makes the offense go. The only change you'd see on the field would be more 3WR, but that doesn't mean a shift to more passing, because Reynolds is basically taking Jonnu's place. I think it would be prudent, at this moment, until we see otherwise, to project Davis #'s for Julio and Jonnu #'s for Reynolds. Julio wasn't much of a TD guy in ATL, I'm not sure why that would change in TEN. No change for Brown, no change for Henry. Firkser isn't going to see much PT if he can't run block, and neither is Fitzpatrick, so there you go. There's not much subterfuge or slight-of-hand involved in the Titans base offense, as far as I know, and there doesn't need to be - "we're going to run Henry at you - good luck stopping that. Every now and then, we're going to burn you over the top after you inevitably cheat the run, because you don't have an alternative. That's probably going to get us to11 or so wins. Have a nice day."

Julio going to the Titans is not going to wind up being nearly as exciting in January as it is right now...and again, I'm a MASSIVE Julio guy.

Reynolds is a very good run blocker. So was Cory Davis. So was Jonnu Smith. In Reynolds, they've replaced one of those guys. 

The Titans offense is built around running Henry. Everything else flows from that. Davis/Smith were key cogs in that, with their blocking skills. IMHO, nothing about the offense is going to change with the acquisition of JJ. It's not like they acquired 27-year-old Julio Jones. I might be one of Julio Jones' biggest fans, but even I'd admit he's not Julio Jones any more. He's still better than Cory Davis, but the gap isn't as wide as it once was, and although I've heard Julio can run block, I don't know how well, and Davis was very good at it. If Julio is as good as Davis with the run blocking, then they indeed have replaced Davis/Jonnu with Julio/Reynolds. If he's not, they're going to have to find someone who is, and that person is going to see the field, because Henry is what makes the offense go. The only change you'd see on the field would be more 3WR, but that doesn't mean a shift to more passing, because Reynolds is basically taking Jonnu's place. I think it would be prudent, at this moment, until we see otherwise, to project Davis #'s for Julio and Jonnu #'s for Reynolds. Julio wasn't much of a TD guy in ATL, I'm not sure why that would change in TEN. No change for Brown, no change for Henry. Firkser isn't going to see much PT if he can't run block, and neither is Fitzpatrick, so there you go. There's not much subterfuge or slight-of-hand involved in the Titans base offense, as far as I know, and there doesn't need to be - "we're going to run Henry at you - good luck stopping that. Every now and then, we're going to burn you over the top after you inevitably cheat the run, because you don't have an alternative. That's probably going to get us to11 or so wins. Have a nice day."

Julio going to the Titans is not going to wind up being nearly as exciting in January as it is right now...and again, I'm a MASSIVE Julio guy.
Thats an interesting angle I had not considered. That Reynolds might take over Jonnu Smiths targets and snaps in the offense even though he is a different position.

What do other folks think about that?

Its possible. I am not a fan of Josh Reynolds, never have been but he might be a very good blocker as you say. I am not sure about that. Even if he is I do not think he is as good a blocker as Jonnu Smith who does that at a very high level.

I was more thinking the Frisker goy would step into Jonnus snaps than Reynolds but I would like to hear what other people think about this. Especially @Bri

Users who are viewing this thread