What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Dynasty Stashes (1 Viewer)

JFS171

Footballguy
Seems like the time of year where those dynasty teams that just missed the playoffs are able to fully turn their attention to the future.  Additionally, a lot of leagues allow you to cut your kicker and defense for more stashes once the regular season is over.

With that in mind, let's build a dynasty stash list for 2018 and beyond.  Obviously all leagues differ ... I'd suggest we try to avoid mentioning guys that were first round dynasty picks a few months ago, but I'd also encourage us to cast a wide net.  I'll start with a few guys on my radar.

Malcolm Brown, RB, LAR - One of my favorite stashes all year as the handcuff to Gurley, Brown then injured his knee in November and has been MIA since (and may have been dropped in your leagues as a result).  News yesterday from the Rams suggests he could return to practice this week.  He's a restricted FA after this season, and will just turn 25 in May.  Former #1 overall RB recruit in the country ... could easily have a Michael Turner type career on his second contract elsewhere.

Jonathan Williams, RB, NO - Williams had his supporters as a rookie, and several Bills fans were very upset the team surprisingly cut Williams after training camp this year.  After spending a large portion of the season on the Broncos practice squad, Williams signed a 2-year with New Orleans, reuniting with his former college position coach.  Why should we care with likely ROY Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram currently leading the New Orleans backfield?  Well Ingram will become an unrestricted FA if he is named first team all pro, and while that may not be a likely occurrence, it's certainly not out of the question.  Ingram also hasn't been the picture of health in his career, and I'm not sure the Saints would saddle Kamara with 25+ touches a week.  

Corey Clement, RB, PHI - Again, a guy that had some buzz earlier this season but may have been cut due to his recent lack of performance.  Blount will be 31 this offseason and an unrestricted FA.  Sproles will be 35, and is also an unrestricted FA.  Enter Clement, who the team has pushed into the Sproles role in the offense.  I think Clement could keep that role in the future while Ajayi assumes the Blount role.  

I'm sure there are numerous others (kinda the point of the thread), but these guys immediately come to mind.  Who else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good topic. Assuming normal dynasty leagues, anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds of 2017 should probably be excluded. Nobody has cut bait with guys like Taywan Taylor yet.

DeAngelo Henderson, RB, DEN - had a lot of preseason hype but has been in active behind CJA, Charles, and Booker. Very good chance CJA and Charles are gone next year. Booker has neither been particularly good nor healthy.

Kamar Aiken, WR, FA - obviously IND has been a train wreck this season, but Aiken was getting WR2 snaps over Moncrief for a long stretch there and Moncrief is going to be a FA. Maybe the Colts liked what they saw and bring him back to start opposite Hilton while they try to address that OL in the draft/free agency. It's a long shot, but he could provide value next year as the possession guy opposite Hilton.

Peyton Barber, RB, TB - there's a good chance TB will see a lot of changes. Maybe Barber can win over the new staff if Martin is cut.

Mack Hollins, WR, PHI - maybe they promote him if Jeffrey is signed elsewhere. By the same token, Torrey Smith could be a sneaky play, too, if they don't sign another WR.

Michael Floyd, WR, FA - ok, yeah, I'm stretching here.

I also like the three suggestions by the OP.

Mack Hollins is definitely one I would be trying to grab.  He had a (undeserved) reputation as just a deep threat at UNC because that was his role in the spread.  However, at least anecdotally, the Eagles have used him on a variety of routes, and most of his catches have been routes you would expect the X receiver to be running.

The other point here is that Jeffery's recent run of dominance, coupled by the increasing likelihood of an injury free year, may land him the big contract that forces him out of Philly.

Amara Darboh, SEA, WR:  Richardson is a FA (as is Graham), and Lockett has never really showed he's going to fully grasp the WR2 role.

Geronimo Allison may not be rostered everywhere; Cobb is a likely cut candidate and Adams is a UFA for the Packers.  Wouldn't expect Geronimo to produce beyond WR3 with occasional WR2 upside, but buying into the Packers passing game isn't a bad move.

Digging really, really, really deep for this next one.

Deeper still...Krishawn Hogan, IND, WR:  wouldn't recommend him beyond the last spot on your roster, but he's one of those physical tools guys who is otherwise a blank slate.  Moncrief is a FA, leaving the team with Hilton and a bunch of spare parts.  A total shot in the dark.

Corey Clement, RB, PHI - Again, a guy that had some buzz earlier this season but may have been cut due to his recent lack of performance.  Blount will be 31 this offseason and an unrestricted FA.  Sproles will be 35, and is also an unrestricted FA.  Enter Clement, who the team has pushed into the Sproles role in the offense.  I think Clement could keep that role in the future while Ajayi assumes the Blount role.  
I dont know that ajayi will take the Blount role.  I think Miami shopped ajayi because of locker room and health issues more than Philly set out specifically to acquire him.  

I'm also not sure than Clement takes the sproles role.  They loved pumphrey for that role, and while he struggled at the start of pre season and was put on ir, I think that a lot of the little guys take time to blossom fully. So I'd add pumphrey to the list as a stash. 

But I also think Clement has a chance to expand his role.  He's done great in limited duty (58/259/4 and 4/58/2 receiving) and at 5'10" 220 with a 4.4 ypc he may get a chance at lead back touches.   Blount is aging, Smallwood is a healthy scratch these days, and ajayi has one cheap year left, so it's possible he's got his sights set on the big job. 

Kamar Aiken, WR, FA - obviously IND has been a train wreck this season, but Aiken was getting WR2 snaps over Moncrief for a long stretch there and Moncrief is going to be a FA. Maybe the Colts liked what they saw and bring him back to start opposite Hilton while they try to address that OL in the draft/free agency. It's a long shot, but he could provide value next year as the possession guy opposite Hilton.

Deeper still...Krishawn Hogan, IND, WR:  wouldn't recommend him beyond the last spot on your roster, but he's one of those physical tools guys who is otherwise a blank slate.  Moncrief is a FA, leaving the team with Hilton and a bunch of spare parts.  A total shot in the dark.
Chester Rogers is the dart I'd pick in Indy but who knows. UDFA with a 4.49 40 who excelled in camp and earned the third wr job over fa acquisition aiken.  He's not big but he could excel with luck. 

Hmmm. Not sure if we’re talking easier to get guys or what but I’ll try to justify my thoughts on some lower value targets. I think this thread may be for just potential free agents. My dynasty leagues are mostly pretty deep so you’d have to make trades for who I’ll mention (I’ll try to find some deeper FA’s) but I digress:

George Kittle: If he doesn’t blow up in the next few weeks people may fall asleep on him or think he could be replaced by a TE with more draft capital when the draft rolls around. Don’t fall for it. Outside of Njoku, Howard and Engram he had the best athletic profile in the draft and was already an advanced blocker. I expect him to have  the biggest leap next year with Garappolo at the helm.

Leonte Carroo: Not giving up hope. Guy was prolific in college. Player profiler compares him to Roddy White who a great deal of people had given up on after struggling early in his career too. Miami has been garbage this year. That has to be a concern moving forward as they have no QB worth a damn going into the offseason. He’s essentially free right now though, I think he’s worth a stash. 

Chad Williams: Fitzy is holding on for another year. I assume that means Palmer and Arians are as well. The WR2 has been a revolving door in Arizona and I think Bruce wants someone to come in and bring consistency. He had great measurables coming out and should at least be given an opportunity to have a place in the offense.

Chris Godwin: Similar scenario to Williams where this season has essentially been a redshirt. I’m not sure what to make of Jameis but he has been able to make players productive at times. The offense needs to make some big changes, maybe Godwin is one of those.

Jeremy McNichols: A long forgotten man as he has been languishing on San Francisco’s practice squad. I actually find that promising. When he got to TB he was hurt, he missed OTA’s and got behind in learning the offense. This lead to him getting cut and thinking another team wouldn’t snake him. They were pissed when he left because they knew he has a nice talent profile. Shanahan won’t invest heavily on RB in the draft unless someone special falls (think Clinton Portis), even then no coach is more transparent about where RB falls on his value chart. SF will definitely add a RB but it will be full on open competition for the job. You should add him now before your league realizes this will occur. He’s a dart throw but you’re looking for opportunity/talent and he may just get a shot.

Jeff Janis: I know, I know. Let the dream die. What if he does end up in NE though? Do you really want to see someone else get that opportunity or have to fight to get him or even just use him to land a decent draft pick should that event occur?

Kenneth Dixon: I have to admit I’m down on him and who wouldn’t be? That being said it’s hard to find a profile like his. Will he get another shot? I don’t know and it’s not like Baltimore has had a clear RB situation this year. Still, could do worse.

CJ Anderson: I don’t want him on my roster BUT I’m putting him here because he could end up in Miami and be had for probably nothing right now. I would move him if Miami signs him before he draft (if they don’t have a coaching change which would probably end this scenario). There is value in that scenario to better your team.

Edit to add:

Terrell Watson: In the event that Le’veon moves on from Pittsburgh, I’m not convinced they don’t open up the postion for competition or go RBBC. No one has really put value on the guy because the presence of Connor and him washing out from Cleveland and Cincy. Pitt is a team that gets the most out of guys like this. Wouldn’t surprise me if he sneaks some value at some point.

Other practice squad guys I’m keeping an eye on:

Robert Davis (Washington), Malachi Dupri (Buffalo), DeAngelo Yancey (Green Bay), Darius Jackson (Cleveland - IR)

Spencer ware is another.  Might be thunder and lightning next year,  might be a high value backup, could even reclaim the job.  Who knows.  

Chester Rogers is the dart I'd pick in Indy but who knows. UDFA with a 4.49 40 who excelled in camp and earned the third wr job over fa acquisition aiken.  He's not big but he could excel with luck. 
Yeah, I thought about him but he's rostered in every one of my leagues. I was looking for guys that might be available. If he's available, he's definitely a nice stash.

Spencer ware is another.  Might be thunder and lightning next year,  might be a high value backup, could even reclaim the job.  Who knows.  
He's a good buy low, but I'm sure he's stashed on the original owner's IR, right?

Similarly to Bojang's list - good list of buy lows but every single one of them is rostered, except Janis who is not going to the crowded NE WR corps. Speaking of NE, if Malcom Mitchell wasn't on the IR, I bet he'd have been cut (from fantasy rosters) and I'd have added him to the list of stashes, but it feels like fringe players are more likely to be rostered if they can be slotted into an IR spot. I don't know when Mitchell will get his chance, but I'm still a believer. 

If we're throwing out buy lows that are going for way less than starter prices, I'd mention Lockett, Hurns, and John Brown. Wild cards (prices will vary a lot): Pryor & Moncrief. 

To some extent, I agree teams will look to hold the IR guys in IR slots, but my leagues only have two such slots.  As a result, given the ridiculous rash of injuries this year, I've seen guys like Ware dropped when an owner got in a pinch.

Always worthwhile to take a look.

Add Josh Reynolds to this list as well... if not already.   Same goes for following players.

Steelers QB Joshua Dobbs (Roethlisberger seems to be on rebound but he's still aging.)

Broncos QB Chad Kelly (Broncos QB situation remain fluid... as usual.)

Giants QB Davis Webb (Eli Manning's streak has ended and Giants are now undergoing youth movement.)

Jets WR Chad Hansen (other than Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse, Jets need to continue to develop their receiving corp)

Cowboys WR Ryan Switzer

Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford (Dolphins haven't shown any indication on wanting to resign their pending FA Jarvis Landry.)

Broncos TE Jake Butts

Love the Clement suggestion. Productive as a rookie, Blount likely gone next year, only Ajayi ahead of him at that point. I sense the Eagles are enamored with the idea of cheap RB play while surrounding Wentz with protection and weapons. And paying on defense to possibly win a title. Leads to a fantastic window of opportunity for UDFA Clement who has built enough trust to be the 3rd down already. 

Every league is different. 
That's why I said "assuming normal dynasty leagues" which to me is somewhere in the realm of 12 teams x 25 offensive players + 2 to 5 IR slots. Given that configuration, guys like Ware should never sniff the wire. People who play dynasty with redraft sized rosters... that's just a chaos we can't anticipate. For instance, I can't imagine a dynasty league in which Shaheen is sitting on the wire.

That's why I said "assuming normal dynasty leagues" which to me is somewhere in the realm of 12 teams x 25 offensive players + 2 to 5 IR slots. Given that configuration, guys like Ware should never sniff the wire. People who play dynasty with redraft sized rosters... that's just a chaos we can't anticipate. For instance, I can't imagine a dynasty league in which Shaheen is sitting on the wire.
14x24 in season rosters with no ir. 336 slots which is as many players as 12x25 with 3 ir slots. 

Agree about shaheen, but Rogers was a UDFA and is worthless right now, and with no ir and no clear path back to the job ware was dropped early in the year and not picked up again until late.  

14x24 in season rosters with no ir. 336 slots which is as many players as 12x25 with 3 ir slots. 

Agree about shaheen, but Rogers was a UDFA and is worthless right now, and with no ir and no clear path back to the job ware was dropped early in the year and not picked up again until late.  
Wow, I'd have blown a large % of my FAAB if I'd seen Ware dropped. He's a solid player with plenty of tread left on the tires. 

Loved him heading into this season, but has he really remained inactive due to the concussion?  If so, huge red flag.
Don't have anything to back this up but I always figured he was gonna be down for the year unless witten gets hurt, otherwise the cowboys are probably happy with the backup TEs right now and figure they can just keep gathers on IR for the year. I guess in a sense it would be nice to get him out there and get some game experience but I also imagine witten is back next year yet and then they will start incorporating gathers in

lots of fringe te's looking to break out next year.

howard

nojku

butt

j smith

kittle

plus chad williams wr,arz is in place to take over after fitz.

Cohen- new coaching staff that might be able to use him correctly. potential top 5 RB if used correctly like Chris Thompson

Trubisky- Stud that's getting a new Coaching staff and weapons upgrade this off season

Garoppolo- Head coach  was the best OC in football and they may draft Barkley. Look at what Shanahan did for average Matt Ryan.

Tyrell Williams- Restricted FA hopefully the Chargers will let him go. Rivers hates him. Would love to see him in SF with Garoppolo as their #1......

i'm gonna come at this at a slightly different angle and suggest taking a short term approach to these moves and snatching guys who are positioned to be considered "sleepers" going into next year so their trade value will be looking nice and juicy by the time your draft hits.

obviously, the draft is a big unknown and many of these guys' values will fluctuate wildly depending on what their team does but if you can get value in the offseason for a guy you grabbed for pennies now, that's a win for your dyno team.

some of my favorites to see immediate jumps in value this offseason are:

malcolm brown. i think a team with a muddy backfield will bring him in and i think he'll be a popular late round "sleeper" in all the rags next year.

deangelo henderson. i agree with @JFS171 . it's difficult to see how CJ anderson and charles are on the team next year and i was also impressed with this kid.

joe williams. will hyde return? can brieda really carry a full load? i can see joe being a popular sleeper pick.

josh reynolds. sammy seems happy in LA but i'd be surprised if the rams paid him to bring him back.

keelan cole. probably rostered but allen robinson is a UFA (i think) and his value will almost certainly be higher heading into next year. 

mahomes. if your league still does trades... i just dont see how mahomes value is lower going into 2018 than it is right now. (probably could have made this move a bit cheaper a month ago.)

Any thoughts on Peyton Barber?

Can’t imagine the Bucs bring back Martin. They could easily go RB in the draft or free agency but you never know. Jacquizz is who he is - depth.

Coaching staff seems to like Barber, but is he JAG? 

strong said:
i'm gonna come at this at a slightly different angle and suggest taking a short term approach to these moves and snatching guys who are positioned to be considered "sleepers" going into next year so their trade value will be looking nice and juicy by the time your draft hits.

obviously, the draft is a big unknown and many of these guys' values will fluctuate wildly depending on what their team does but if you can get value in the offseason for a guy you grabbed for pennies now, that's a win for your dyno team.

some of my favorites to see immediate jumps in value this offseason are:

malcolm brown. i think a team with a muddy backfield will bring him in and i think he'll be a popular late round "sleeper" in all the rags next year.

deangelo henderson. i agree with @JFS171 . it's difficult to see how CJ anderson and charles are on the team next year and i was also impressed with this kid.

joe williams. will hyde return? can brieda really carry a full load? i can see joe being a popular sleeper pick.

josh reynolds. sammy seems happy in LA but i'd be surprised if the rams paid him to bring him back.

keelan cole. probably rostered but allen robinson is a UFA (i think) and his value will almost certainly be higher heading into next year. 

mahomes. if your league still does trades... i just dont see how mahomes value is lower going into 2018 than it is right now. (probably could have made this move a bit cheaper a month ago.)
I like Henderson too.  But a little surprised at his age for a rookie - just turned 25.   It takes off much of the luster for me.

I'll second the Switzer call, though I'm not as enthused about him as I was earlier in the year. Darboh might be interesting - I didn't like him much pre-draft, but he's at least flashed a couple of times this year so might be worth another look. I agree with McNichols to some extent - I liked him pre-draft, but he had such a bad pre-season that I don't know anymore. 

I think three TEs might have a chance to increase value - AJ Derby now that he's in Miami, Michael Roberts in Detroit (although he's less of a priority to me now that Ebron has been more involved lately), and Trey Burton who I see as a guy who could catch on somewhere as a Jordan Reed-type TE. 

I would say Trent Taylor and Reynolds too, but I imagine they're owned in most leagues at this point.

I really believe Chad Williams and Chad Kelly are red herrings and not worth stashing. By all means if you have the space, but they aren't interesting to me at all, especially Kelly. 

Elijah McGuire - Forte is another year older, I believe Powell is a FA too so that leaves McGuire to feast on whatever carries they give him (along with whatever other RB they sign/draft) but still promising for the chance they don't prioritize RB in their offseason.

Erik Swoope - I added him everywhere I could this offseason and he's been on my IR ever since in all my leagues.  Doyle has been impressive with Brissett but that offense usually hasn't yielded 1 strong TE when there are 2 on the roster.  Swoope comes back healthy next year with Luck hopefully back and could benefit. 

Leontee Carroo - as others have mentioned

Josh Reynolds - mentioned by others as well

Chris Carson - Might be a cheap add if someone doesn't believe in what he is.  A 7th round pick who only got a chance due to opportunity.  Might be the guy next year, worth a stash.

Jeremy Hill - Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?  He is a free agent, had an impressive rookie year then kind of got buried on the depth chart but still a good TD guy.  Free agent, could go somewhere and be the feature guy.  Likely free so what's it hurt to see where he lands in free agency?

Vance McDonald - The Steelers have been waiting for a TE since Miller retired, Vance has been hurt most of the year and it's a prolific offense (although I'd say 80% chance Ben retires).  Still young and athletic with not much ahead of him.  

Cam Meredith - Got him for free on waivers in an FFPC league so check your leagues.  Was the #1 in that offense and now they get an offseason to prepare with Trubisky together as a tandem?  Still has the talent to be a good #2 minimum I'd say.  

Keelan Cole/Dede Westbrook - Both have nice futures I'd think plus Arob and Lee are both free agents.  I expect the Jags to keep one of them but who knows.  

Chris Conley - Always has been one of my favorites, always underappreciated it seems.  I think he's grown a lot in the 3 years he's been in the league and he's stuck on an offense that doesn't feature WR's in the usual way.  Not a free agent til '19 so you might be able to get him for free near the middle/end of next season but why not look ahead?  

Davis Webb - Why would Eli stay in New York after that?  I can see him moving on, and the Giants screwing up to draft another QB so Webb might be the guy as a stop gap or their future.  2QB stash.  That's all I play so I'm throwing a few in.  

CJ Beathard - Looked good and competent when he started from the glimpses I saw so maybe he fights off Garoppolo for the starting job?  2QB stash.

James Connor - Who knows what happens to Lev Bell in the offseason but it'll be one of the most talked about stories probably.  Connor you might be up.  

Tyrell Williams - Free agent to be, hasn't been as good but he's probably looking for a payday after they took Mike Williams and he's put together 2 years of solid tape.  Could be a nice #2 in a prolific offense next year.  ex.  Sanu.  

Think that about covers my guys.  

James Connor - Who knows what happens to Lev Bell in the offseason but it'll be one of the most talked about stories probably.  Connor you might be up.  
Any homers have any insight? This was mentioned in the latest audible waiver wire episode as well. 

What about Paul Perkins? Is he just done? Or a victim of a bad o line and bad coach and his own injury who may still be able to earn a backup plus job? 

Any thoughts on Peyton Barber?

Can’t imagine the Bucs bring back Martin. They could easily go RB in the draft or free agency but you never know. Jacquizz is who he is - depth.

Coaching staff seems to like Barber, but is he JAG? 
I mentioned him briefly in mine. I think he's better than a JAG, but not sure he's a starter, either. It's not a good sign when Quizz gets the starts over you while Martin is suspended. He's nothing more than a stash. I would not trade even a 4th or 5th for him. 

---------------

Someone mentioned Tyrell as a FA, but I believe he's a restricted FA which means there's a 95% chance he's back with the Chargers, buried on the depth chart for another year. 

What about Paul Perkins? Is he just done? Or a victim of a bad o line and bad coach and his own injury who may still be able to earn a backup plus job? 
I was somewhat intrigued as a prospect, but I’ve never seen much on the field. I bet pretty big on Darkwa in several leagues as I didn’t like Perkins and didn’t care for Gallman much either. Turns out the situation sucked so much that none of them were worth a ton, though I’m curious to see if Darkwa survives the offseason. He’s not their biggest problem. 

Good question. He looked pretty good last year, but not sure whether that was running behind a much better line and within a cohesive offense.

My sense is that he's not as good as he flashed last year but not as bad as what he showed this year. But opportunity is everything in the NFL, and my guess is that he's an offseason cut. He may just end up in a decent situation - you never know.

I was somewhat intrigued as a prospect, but I’ve never seen much on the field. I bet pretty big on Darkwa in several leagues as I didn’t like Perkins and didn’t care for Gallman much either. Turns out the situation sucked so much that none of them were worth a ton, though I’m curious to see if Darkwa survives the offseason. He’s not their biggest problem. 
Darkwa is an UFA so he may just decide to look for greener pastures. I doubt the Giants will throw him much money, especially under a presumed new GM and coaching staff.

Thoughts on Mike Davis?

Lacy and Rawls are probably gone after this year, McKissic is a role player, and the team may be fed up with Prosise's injury history despite the potential. Carson flashed before his injury, but too early to say given the small sample size.

Darkwa is an UFA so he may just decide to look for greener pastures. I doubt the Giants will throw him much money, especially under a presumed new GM and coaching staff.
Good point.  I think Darkwa is the type of guy that if found in the right system, could surprise some people, but I'm not sure a team is going to set out to make him their guy.  If he landed in Shanny's system in SF with only Brieda and Joe Williams on the roster, he might have a puncher's chance of being the best fit there.  He turns 26 in February, but he's been used so sparingly that he's a "young" 26 (depending on which side of the age vs. usage debate you land on).  He's averaged 4.6 YPC this year on one of the worst teams in football with generally atrocious OL play.  That's fairly impressive to me.

Thoughts on Mike Davis?

Lacy and Rawls are probably gone after this year, McKissic is a role player, and the team may be fed up with Prosise's injury history despite the potential. Carson flashed before his injury, but too early to say given the small sample size.
I was going to suggest him, but then decided as a recent waiver wire run, he probably wasn't worth it.  I thought Mike Davis as a junior at USC was one of the best RBs in the country.  Then his senior year was rather putrid, then he falls to the 4th round, regime change 2X in SF and finds himself on waivers.  He was drafted behind Carlos Hyde in the first place, so his path to playing time was always going to be an uphill battle.

The stats from his start against Atlanta don't look so hot (6 carries for 18 yards), but he looked pretty good to my eyes.  He also made a couple of big plays in the passing game, and was the pass option in the flat (drawing the defender) for Russell Wilson's TD run.

I'll be curious to see how he performs down the stretch for Seattle.  They've kind of stopped talking about Carson returning (which I always thought was a pipe dream after that injury).  Davis will be a restricted FA this offseason.  Given everything he's gone through, there's a big chip on that shoulder and a big payday next year if he performs down the stretch.

Quincy Enunwa as a what the hell stash. He was a breakout candidate before injury and a free agent going into this offseason. He could be the next Brian Quick, flash in the pan and nothing after injury but he looked good last year. I've had him stashed all offseason on IR

Thoughts on Mike Davis?

Rawls = RFA, so he'll almost certainly be back. More importantly, don't forget about Chris Carson who looked like he won that job earlier before getting injured.

Rawls = RFA, so he'll almost certainly be back. More importantly, don't forget about Chris Carson who looked like he won that job earlier before getting injured.
This is all true, but I think Davis could be playing for a contract elsewhere, and I also think it's plausible that Carson isn't the same guy after that nasty ankle/leg injury.  Rawls has never been the same since his.

One I've been watching and just added again this week in my deeper league is Chris Moore from Baltimore. 6'1 200lbs so decent size, has had some decent games this year and had big play ability in college tho that hasn't been the case at the moment. Wallace is getting up there in age plus is a FA, perriman is terrible and if I remember right maclin only signed a 1 year deal. Yes Baltimore is gonna add some other guys but I don't think it would be crazy for him to be there #2 next year and put up something like Wallace has this year which isn't amazing but for a free add you could do worse

This is getting very deep, but this is also the part of the season I love in dynasty leagues where you're hunting for next year's gems.

IMO Detroit is in desperate need of a competent running game.  Since Joique Bell's decline, I'm not sure the Lions have had anyone they could really count on in the backfield.  They've tried to address this with Abdullah, but I'm just personally not that impressed.  Zach Zenner has had a couple of opportunities.  Dwayne Washington was a thing last preseason, and had some moments last year, but has been injured and really quiet this year.

Someone will eventually emerge on that offense as a strong lead RB.  Detroit has invested on the OL the past few years, and seems committed to continuing to do so.  Maybe Abdullah finally figures things out.  Maybe they draft an early RB next year to address this, OR maybe the answer is in house.

I stubbornly still like Dwayne Washington as a stash.  He's a supreme athlete (79th percentile speed; 80th percentile agility; 87th percentile burst), made the team as a 7th rounder last year and became Abdullah's main backup ... then fought injuries all year.  He's been injured most of this year too, but as a positional convert from WR, I think there's a lot of untapped potential there.  He may get a shot at lead back duties this week against Baltimore with Abdullah banged up (missed practice with a neck injury), though the matchup couldn't get much worse.

Further down the depth chart, Detroit has carried a RB on their 53-man roster all year long despite never suiting up for a game.  His name is Tion Green, and some Detroit fans want to see him get a shot down the stretch.  The coaching staff fell in love with the UDFA after he impressed them all preseason with his work off the field and his physical play on the field.  Detroit's lack of red zone success is a well known trend, while Tion Green in the above article claims to have converted 32/32 opportunities at the goal line in college.  Green is ... well ... not a supreme athlete.  His top comparable is Rob Kelly, but like we saw with a strong passing game in Washington, maybe being physical and hard to tackle is enough to find success?  Green did explode for 150 total yards of offense in the preseason finale, leading Detroit in both rushing and receiving.  And for a team that likes to dress 3 RBs and carry 4 on the roster, he's lasted all year as the 5th guy, which suggests they not only see something they really like, but they're convinced they'd lose him somewhere else if he was on the practice squad.

Users who are viewing this thread