What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keelan Cole, WR, Jets (1 Viewer)

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
Has had a very nice 2 weeks replacing Hurns. Anything to see here looking toward next season, or will he just fall back down the depth chart?

Last edited by a moderator:
JAX is stacked at WR. AR, Hurns, Lee, Westbrook and Cole. Obviously not room for them all so will be interesting to see what happens. 

JAX is stacked at WR. AR, Hurns, Lee, Westbrook and Cole. Obviously not room for them all so will be interesting to see what happens. 
AR and Lee are UFA JAX will let someone walk. I had an open spot and scooped up Cole coming into this week he was the 3rd most targeted WR on the team only  one behind Allen Hurns.

Tex

There's definitely something here. When you consider where he played in college and as an UDFA, for him to come in and have the rookie season that he's had, it's pretty remarkable. It's not easy to come in as a rookie, catch 3-4 balls a game and earn regular targets. We forget that I think. Reminds me a little of Robby Anderson last year - had a mini breakout towards the end of the year but most people weren't paying attention or dismissed it because of his UDFA status. 

I'd certainly rather have this guy stashed in dynasty over guys like, say, Treadwell or Carroo

I would imagine this is this career day. With everyone hurt tho I would think he has a chance at putting up some decent games going forward 
I think the same. What makes me think he may be a decent play going forward is that this was the third game in a row where he has scored and caught most of his targets. He is 13 receptions on 15 targets in last three games.  

I would imagine this is this career day. With everyone hurt tho I would think he has a chance at putting up some decent games going forward 
It would be a career day for a lot of guys so if it does turn out that way, that shouldn't be a knock on Cole. He would have had 200+ yards if the game was in any way competitive. 

He had great collegiate production. Seems like a guy who would ideally be a slot WR with his agility. Definitely making the most of his opportunity. Not sure how I feel about his long term prospects with Lee, Robinson and Westbrook all around next year.

That might be giving Westbrook a bit too much credit and Cole too little. Cole is the better WR IMO - I'm not sure what Westbrook has done to get so much love/hype. 
Just guessing. I own both so I hope you're right. Drafted Dede but picked up Cole when he got hurt.

He had great collegiate production. Seems like a guy who would ideally be a slot WR with his agility. Definitely making the most of his opportunity. Not sure how I feel about his long term prospects with Lee, Robinson and Westbrook all around next year.
As mentioned above both Lee and Robinson as FA next year.  Only guys currently signed for next season ar Hurns, Westbrook, and Cole. 

As mentioned above both Lee and Robinson as FA next year.  Only guys currently signed for next season ar Hurns, Westbrook, and Cole. 
My bad, I was operating under the assumption they had one more year. Could have nice opportunity in the slot then next season.

Jaguars' Keelan Cole: Explodes for 186 receiving yards

Cole caught seven of nine targets for 186 yards and a touchdown during Sunday's 45-7 win over the Texans.

Cole led the team in targets, catches and yardage in this one, finding the end zone from nine yards out just before halftime. He comfortably notched a new career high in receiving yards, thanks in large part to a 73-yard gain to set up a score. Marqise Lee (ankle) left the game in the first quarter, according to Michael DiRocco of ESPN, which opened the door for Cole to play an expanded role. He's now scored in three straight weeks, however, and should continue operating as the team's top deep threat next week against the 49ers, regardless of Lee's availability.

Yes. Hurns is still under contract. I doubt they will be able to sign both Lee and ARob.  My guess is that they let Lee walk.  He's been good but not a game changer and has often been injured.
How much is ARob going to require to sign? If other teams come in thinking they'd be signing the 2015 version he'll be overpaid and probably not worth bringing back. I wouldn't think they'd tag him but possibly. I do agree that either Lee or Robinson are gone, with Cole and Dede benefiting. 

I am pretty sure that they won't bring back Lee and I have the feeling they'll move on from Hurns, as well. They can use that money to resign Arob.

I am pretty sure that they won't bring back Lee and I have the feeling they'll move on from Hurns, as well. They can use that money to resign Arob.
I agree that Marqise leaves...someone will offer him more than the Jags are willing to pay.  Hurns has no guaranteed money in 2018 but is owed $4M if he's on the roster in March (I think).  ARob's injury was a bad beat for him, and puts Jags in position to offer a one-year prove it deal. 

Kid’s a beast. I’m starting him over Josh Gordon at flex. I think the 180 was a high water mark in a game JAX wanted to run it up against a divisional opponent, but he looks more than legit & now has TDs in 3 straight.

i like his odds of 6/79/1 this week against a really soft 49ers D. 

Kid’s a beast. I’m starting him over Josh Gordon at flex. I think the 180 was a high water mark in a game JAX wanted to run it up against a divisional opponent, but he looks more than legit & now has TDs in 3 straight.

i like his odds of 6/79/1 this week against a really soft 49ers D. 
I like this take, it suits my needs.  I'll hop on board.

Debating him over Samaje at flex.  
No brainer IMO. I’m probably gonna pick up Bibbs as a PPR RB2 this week. Perine is a plodder for 3 weeks now & Bibbs looked electric. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Bibbs just passed up Perine in the pecking order. Likely to get 4-6 receptions regardless. 

Honestly thinking of Cole over AJ Green.

Pretty sure all the "you have to start AJG" are now out of the playoffs after last week.
Nope! 

Though he’s basically relegated to “whatever I can get out of him at WR3 behind Tate/MJones” and possibly even behind Cole.

i don’t know if I have the stomach to bench him for Josh Gordon at Flex. I’ll have to think about that. 

Depends who’s starting at AB for the Bungles. :doh:  

Weird thing to write about a rookie...

Cole had never had that kind of game (7/186/1), but he came into Sunday with two touchdowns in as many weeks and has seen fairly consistent targets since the bye. With Marqise Lee likely out for the rest of the regular season and Allen Hurns MIA with an ankle injury, it looks like Cole will be the No. 2 option in a good matchup against the 49ers. That is enough to give him FLEX value in most leagues.

I'm pumping the breaks a little on him. Last week was kind of a weird game in that the TDs went to him, Mickens and Bohanon. Dede still had more snaps/routes.

Picked him up and am debating him vs. Sanu, but don't think I can risk it.

Users who are viewing this thread