What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FANDUEL WEEK 15 (2 Viewers)

I am starting to think this will be a popular route to fit in the high priced NE/Pitts guys.   Grr. I think I liked it better when Pitts wasn't on the main slate.
It will absolutely be a popular route.  Min price...solid offense around him...great match up.  Even as a backup, he seems like a lock for 2.5-3x with above average chance for more.  The only question will be which of the guys I paid up for with the savings is going to lay a turd?

It will absolutely be a popular route.  Min price...solid offense around him...great match up.  Even as a backup, he seems like a lock for 2.5-3x with above average chance for more.  The only question will be which of the guys I paid up for with the savings is going to lay a turd?
I think I am just stuck on 2 things:  that I think they might try to run it even more, and he doesn't have rushing upside that I usually like to have with cheap guys.  Hard to argue against min priced and being able to fit those studs in.  

Here's what I switched to currently:  

Bortles - Ingram/Drake - Brown/Thielen/Crowder - Watson - Gould - NO

The stories I told myself:  No Fournette and Houston is the worst pass D, maybe they ease Kamara back and give Ingram a ton in a blowout, Billy B usually seems to try to limit Bell first, Cincy D sucks, Peterson will be on Doctson, and Cleveland is pretty bad vs. TE.  Debated switching to Foles - Jax instead of Bortles/NO.  

3 man

wilson drake ivory brown goodwin matthews gronk lutz saints

50/50

foles bell drake thelin dede funchess walker tucker jax

I had a hard time with cash this week, and I feel like it's a bit thin.  I am using Pitts/NE players in cash and a silly gpp, but I am mostly fading them :scared: in gpps because of their prices.  

Current cash:  Brady - Bell/Drake - Thielen/Goodwin/Westbrook - Watson - Gould - Jax

taking Brady and Bell instantly thins out the rest of the LU.  

I did make a gpp with Bell/Brown/Hogan/Gronk.  Not sure I want to post what I had to use in the rest to make that work. :lol:
Get Hogan out of your LUs

Running 3 bobcat style cash+ LUs and the last one here is distributed differently and for less $$:

Brady Drake Davis Thomas Adams Westbrook Gronk Forbath Saints 

Foles Drake Collins Brown Thelein Funchess Walker Lutz Ravens

Newton Collins LMurray Brown Thomas Funchess Clay Lambo Saints

Foles Bell Drake Thomas Thelein Agholor Walker Gostkowski Eagles

158 entires currently in play.  Don't know what to root for.  Also, I may have an overlay chasing problem.

I am still on 2 cash LUs right now and can't decide.  Maybe I will roll both out.  They are very similar.  I know, I know...one line up washes out the other every time I go multi cash LU.

Foles - Bell/Drake - Brown/Goodwin/Westbrook - Walker - Lutz - NO

Foles - Collins/Drake - Brown/M. Thomas/Westbrook - Gronk - Forbath - NO

Ugh...Brown...FML

Nothing to do but watch them slowly fall below the pay lines as they are all hovering around the borders.  Some entries already below.  Going to be another rough week for me.   Game has gotten harder.  These used to be winning scores.

168 was my best. Up about 50 for the week. I have 137 with Freeman left in the Thu-Mon contests. Overall one of my better weeks recently. 

didn't have any time to participate in GPPs this week.  created 3 entries for $2 100 man contests.  none of the 3 had Gurley.  lol.

Nothing to do but watch them slowly fall below the pay lines as they are all hovering around the borders.  Some entries already below.  Going to be another rough week for me.   Game has gotten harder.  These used to be winning scores.
Something hasn't been the same this year, so I can get on board with this.  Do most feel that way around here this year?

I have some scores like yours that will be losers.  I'm going to lose half of what I put in this weekend.  Overall, still up about $150 on the year, but I credit that to alot of treading water, up a little down a little, and then one big week.

Been doing alright with cash the last few weeks - 145pts today.  Probably Should focus more on that and doing that LU in 3-20 person entries too.  

Gpps have been horrible the last few weeks.  It seems I am on some good ideas, just never in the right combos.  I had a LU with Bortles, Gurley, and Gronk and had low single digits in all other positions. 

Something hasn't been the same this year, so I can get on board with this.  Do most feel that way around here this year?

I have some scores like yours that will be losers.  I'm going to lose half of what I put in this weekend.  Overall, still up about $150 on the year, but I credit that to alot of treading water, up a little down a little, and then one big week.
I haven't had as much success this year, but I have been putzing with too many gpps, so that is a lot on me. 

IMO as more and more people are getting info, I think the chalk plays become even chalkier.  SO I think a lot of this year has been b/c of the inconsistent chalk plays.  I feel like more weeks than not we have had chalk plays crap out and that really hurts cash games.  Then on the opposite side, when they do hit cash lines are big and it comes down to having the right 2 other players or you are sunk for the week. 

I think it has gotten better over the last few weeks, but there was quite a few weeks there with Hunt dudding, Bell not getting his touches, injured Qbs, etc.. where it was harder than usual to find the consistent guys to play at positions that we usually can rely on more. 

That's why I joked that I almost prefer weeks that Pitts isn't on the main slate.  They are such a focused O and such studs that you feel like you have to play them, but they are also so pricey that they eat into scoring chances at other positions. 

On that note, maybe some of the difference is the pricing this year?  Last year I remember being able to find decent min priced TEs and a cheap WR just about every week so I could fit in a decent Qb + Bell and/or DJ.   I haven't had as much luck finding those 4-5K WRs and TEs this year, so I have had to go cheaper at QB which I don't love or come off of the top RBs which is scary.  

I haven't been thinking about chalk as much this year as I have in years past. 

You're right about Pitt too.  Really, it's crazy that Brown is chalk at that price.  I know he got hurt, but if FD sees him over 50% in cash games, you think they'd adjust him even higher towards 10k next week.  It's like he's at the max though.

Another odd thing with me is lately I've made some of my best lineups on Sunday morning after I've thought I wrapped it up for the week.  I'll also pop into the Fantasy Draft or DK app after Noon on a Sunday and usually win money.  Today I'm going to win 3x on Fantasy Draft.  I literally built those 2 lineups after 12:50 today.  I don't get it. 

Galileo said:

Wow...somehow managed to hang on and finish on the positive side +$9.60   :D   Sunday night game didn't seem to have too big of an impact in my contests.  I'll take it.

Being a degenerate, and loving overlay, I threw in a couple $2 Superflex MON - SAT  Double-Ups 

Flacco -- Freeman / Barber -- Wallace/Julio     -- Doyle      -- A. Collins - Keenum
Flacco -- Freeman / Barber -- Wallace/Thielen -- OJ Howard -- Collins -- Keenum

Small slates make me uncomfortable because you can generally afford anyone you want.  Too much freedom gives me too much to second guess afterwards.

Look, Ma!  I'm Wacko for Flacco!

For the weekend, $100 in, 35 $4 tickets and $9 cash out.  In that $100 I still have 50 entries in play with 17 of them in the green for tickets.  Just so much overlay I did good with average lineups.  

$1 contests where 100 won tickets where there were only 200 entires was the bread and butter.  Entered 4 diversified lineups and two were almost guaranteed to hit and two likely to lose, but that was still a double up.

90% of them are in the 12-26 clutch.  I couldn't score a $33 Santa Slam ticket.  Most of those required a top 3 finish and I had several 4th place finishes.

FatNate said:
168 was my best. Up about 50 for the week. I have 137 with Freeman left in the Thu-Mon contests. Overall one of my better weeks recently. 
My Thu-Mon lineup got to 165pts.  I had it in 8 contests and it cashed in all.  But, I can not help but think about what it could have been had that lineup not gotten 3.1pts from Westbrook and 3.4pts from Brown.  I had one of my better weeks in a long time, so no complaining and time to start preparing for the upcoming weekend.

For the weekend, $100 in, 35 $4 tickets and $9 cash out.  In that $100 I still have 50 entries in play with 17 of them in the green for tickets.  Just so much overlay I did good with average lineups.  

$1 contests where 100 won tickets where there were only 200 entires was the bread and butter.  Entered 4 diversified lineups and two were almost guaranteed to hit and two likely to lose, but that was still a double up.

90% of them are in the 12-26 clutch.  I couldn't score a $33 Santa Slam ticket.  Most of those required a top 3 finish and I had several 4th place finishes.
I want in on the overlay for these tickets.  Nice work spotting them.

So you're entering these near kickoff on Sunday?  Or Thursday?  Especially the $1 contests.

How much of your $100 was on contests with ticket prizes?

My brain usually filters out the ticket contests because I feel like they are scams (or something like that), but if the overlay is that good I'd take a look.

So you're entering these near kickoff on Sunday?  Or Thursday?  Especially the $1 contests.

How much of your $100 was on contests with ticket prizes?

My brain usually filters out the ticket contests because I feel like they are scams (or something like that), but if the overlay is that good I'd take a look.
I've been seeing it on most slates recently.  $80 of the $100 was on ticket contests.

You are correct that they are mostly a scam.  I'm only playing contests that are 30% to 50% full.  Anything over that and I pass because a ticket contest is essentially double overlay.

Users who are viewing this thread