What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lebron is the GREATEST NBA PLAYER OF ALL TIME (1 Viewer)

Fantasysports1

Footballguy
His longevity at the top is amazing. His shooting this year is amazing. He may be able to play at the top level in his 20th NBA season. At least the 2nd greatest of all time. Going to break Kareem's record, maybe win another MVP. He has a shot for a championship this year.

His longevity at the top is amazing. His shooting this year is amazing. He may be able to play at the top level in his 20th NBA season. At least the 2nd greatest of all time. Going to break Kareem's record, maybe win another MVP. He has a shot for a championship this year.
:lmao:

You backed down from the title pretty quickly. 

1. Michael

2. Wilt 

3. Russell, maybe Abdul-Jabbar and MAYBE Lebron

(Kobe doesnt sniff top five... great scorer, but with no shaq he's not the same career-wise, and with the teams that Lebron has had in terms of lack of talent, Kobe wouldnt be close to championshipa. Hell, Kobe wasnt the best player on those teams, it was Shaq.  Who also is well behind those listed already.)

I hate to break your heart, but LeBron is not even in my Top 10 of All-Time.  Another thing is LeBron is not even the greatest small forward of all-time, either.  Here's my top 10 of All-Time:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Earvin "Magic" Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. Bill Russell

5. Wilt Chamberlain

6. Larry Bird

7. Hakeem Olajuwon

8. Oscar Robertson

9. Kobe Bryant

10. Tim Duncan

And, if I had to pick a starting 5 of all-time, it'd read like this:

Point Guard: Magic Johnson

Shooting Guard: Michael Jordan

Small Forward: Larry Bird

Power Forward: Karl Malone

Center: Bill Russell

As far as greatest players of All-Time, I'd LeBron right behind Scottie Pippen at #16.

I'll go further than that just the Top 10.  Here are Top 50 players in NBA history:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Earvin "Magic" Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. Bill Russell

5. Wilt Chamberlain

6. Larry Bird

7. Hakeem Olajuwon

8. Oscar Robertson

9. Kobe Bryant

10. Tim Duncan

11. Shaquille O'Neal

12. Elgin Baylor

13. George Mikan

14. Karl Malone

15. Scottie Pippen

16. LeBron James

17. Moses Malone

18. Julius Erving

19. Jerry West

20. John Stockton

21. Wes Unseld

22. Bob Cousy

23. John Havlicek

24. Dennis Rodman

25. David Robinson

26. James Worthy

27. Ray Allen

28. Gary Payton

29. Isiah Thomas

30. Willis Reed

31. Charles Barkley

32. Patrick Ewing

33. Allen Iverson

34. Nate "Tiny" Archibald

35. Bob Pettit

36. Bill Walton

37. George "Iceman" Gervin

38. Walt "Clyde" Frazier

39. Elvin Hayes

40. Dirk Nowitzki

41. Jason Kidd

42. Kevin McHale

43. Kevin Garnett

44. Alonzo Mourning

45. Robert Parish

46. Paul Pierce

47. Steve Nash

48. Pete Maravich

49. Dwayne Wade

50. Kevin Durant

Guys I would draft ahead of Lebron if we knew their production and longevity would match the actual career had (so a guy like Walton won't get picked because for one year he might have been an all time great if not for the injuries stuff):

Without ANY question nor hesitation:

MJ

Kareem

Wilt

Guy I'd almost certainly pick over him:

Russell (while arguably the greatest player ever, it was such a different era in terms of his impact on defense... if he had that impact on defense, he'd be above, but I just dont "know" - as if any of us know anything)

Guy I'd probably take over him

Magic - though it's starting to get close here, the ball started in Magic's hands, made everyone around him that much better - and dammit, he could play freakin' PG or C for you in an NBA finals pinch. 

Then I'd draft Lebron, probably

Guys I'd consider taking before Lebron:

Bird

Olajuwon

Shaq

Oscar Robertson

Users who are viewing this thread