What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Simple Life Hacks: share 'em (1 Viewer)

I'll stick with my kitchen garbage theme.  About a year ago when moved into new house had one of those dumb lazy Susan corner kitchen cabinets that inevitably become an abyss of unused kitchen crap. 

I bought a plastic cutting dremel saw and cut away the middle shelf and made it into a simple support bracket. Now it's a perfect rotating corner trash station that fits large trash bins!  When I remodel my kitchen in next year or so I'm definitely gonna keep the guts of this and insert it into a new corner cabinet.  I've never seen this done before, but it's a pretty great kitchen garbage setup. 

https://flic.kr/p/21ADd27

https://flic.kr/p/21kpXak

https://flic.kr/p/ExXAXd

https://flic.kr/p/HJs7f2

https://flic.kr/p/HJs7rp

if you ever have to open a wine bottle that has a wax top: 

don't bother trying to hack/chip all the wax off...just put your wine key through the top of the bottle and open as normal. the wax's thinnest point is where it touches the cork. no fuss, no mess. 

What's up, fellas! Life hacks, amirite? Well, here are a couple I came up with that every man should know. After reading these you'll wonder how you ever lived without! First off, it's very important to thoroughly wring out all of your sponges after every usage. This will prevent the accumulation of certain types of grime and bacteria. So just remember, a dry sponge is a happy sponge! Also, dental hygiene is important - but it can be expensive. So just remember, if you can't afford a Waterpik for your teeth, just open your mouth in the shower!

What's up, fellas! Life hacks, amirite? Well, here are a couple I came up with that every man should know. After reading these you'll wonder how you ever lived without! First off, it's very important to thoroughly wring out all of your sponges after every usage. This will prevent the accumulation of certain types of grime and bacteria. So just remember, a dry sponge is a happy sponge! Also, dental hygiene is important - but it can be expensive. So just remember, if you can't afford a Waterpik for your teeth, just open your mouth in the shower!
One of the worst aliases on the bored.

Mostly irrelevant now since most gas caps are connected to the car, but on the inside of the gas tank door there is a spot to hold your gas cap.

This totally works. I was amazed the first time I tried it on a table I refinished and got a little scratched afterward.
We actually did this to our hardwoods after moving the dresser and I was shocked to be quite honest at how well it worked.  

When getting gas at Costco, the hoses are long enough to reach to the other side of the car.  Don't sit waiting for a left side spot to open up.    Almost everytime I go all the left side spots have a line, I pull up a right side pump, pull the hose over the car and start filling.   If you tuck the hose under the handle it will stay in the correct orientation and you don't have to do anything special.

When getting gas at Costco, the hoses are long enough to reach to the other side of the car.  Don't sit waiting for a left side spot to open up.    Almost everytime I go all the left side spots have a line, I pull up a right side pump, pull the hose over the car and start filling.   If you tuck the hose under the handle it will stay in the correct orientation and you don't have to do anything special.
This works at more than just Costco. I rarely have difficulty getting the hose to work over my Honda Odyssey. My wife will pull into either side, whichever line is shorter.

offdee said:
Share your little piece of amazing knowledge that every man should know to make life easier or happier.

Ill share one I just did today.  My kitchen garbage bags were constantly sinking down into the bin every time trash was added. I finally had enough and needed a solution!

Bought 2 Command hooks, slapped them upside down on each side and WA LA!  

https://flic.kr/p/HJrfx6
LPT:  it's "voila" and not WA LA.

I'd been seeing this woman I liked so I bought her a novelty pillow that looks just like a loaf of bread. Even though we don't see each other very often anymore, she still answers the phone every time that I call and recently confirmed that she still sleeps with it every night. That's not so much of a "life hack" intrinsically, but it's a nice little hack into her subconscious that you can use if you want to.

In those many instances when your wife/girlfriend is talking to you about something (usually daily woman drama stuff you couldn't care less about) and you zone out, after she is done, just say" you are so right", or "absolutely".  Just agree with her.  This has not failed me yet.  I'm sure most men know this.  This advice is more for the youngins here.

And for the dribblers, push the taint.

I solved the boil over by not boiling on the highest setting.  Right between high and medium is the spot you want.  You can start on high, but once that starts coming to the top, just lower the heat.  It'll still boil.

Mostly irrelevant now since most gas caps are connected to the car, but on the inside of the gas tank door there is a spot to hold your gas cap.
of you can just put the cap in your pocket that is what i do and then when you go to sit down you smell the gas and put it back where it goes take that to the bank brohans 

maybe obvious to others but I just figured this out a couple of years ago.

the key fob to lock/unlock my car doors beeps once or twice to lock and unlock. I couldn't remember if 1 beep was lock or unlock til I connected them with 1 beep = 1 syllable = Lock and 2 beeps = 2 syllables = Un Lock. Handy if you just reach into your pocket and hit buttons to lock the car as you walk away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread