Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Simple Life Hacks: share 'em

11 hours ago, offdee said:

Or put on gloves

3 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

what do you do with the tree b/w xmas and spring?

3 hours ago, [scooter] said:

And why wouldn't you just burn it in January?

@snore you can't leave us hanging here. This fascinating post requires a lot more detail.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These posts always get me like...wow this is so awesome I can't wait to do this.....and then I never do it.....and then I see another thread about this and am all like...wow!! 

If you're trying to get a girl's phone number and she won't give it to you, crash your car into hers.  She's now legally obligated to exchange information.

Not sure if this counts as a life hack or not, but there's a company called Give Back Box that I use for all donations.  Basically take any box you have at your house or get from Amazon and fill it wi

41 minutes ago, pollardsvision said:

@snore you can't leave us hanging here. This fascinating post requires a lot more detail.

Whelp I live in MN and its cold out in January so I burn it in the spring vs digging out my firepit in the middle of the winter.

Such a friendly bunch of folks here. Sheesh. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
20 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Not sure if you are serious - the eggs would run everywhere and make a huge mess.

Not sure if you are serious - these are to be used on a baking sheet.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, snore said:

Whelp I live in MN and its cold out in January so I burn it in the spring vs digging out my firepit in the middle of the winter.

Such a friendly bunch of folks here. Sheesh. 

So your firepit is covered in snow?  Why not just burn the tree right there? 

Edited by OrtonToOlsen

When putting a lid on a coffee cup, place the opening on the opposite side of the cup seam.  The seam is typically the most likely place not to have a perfect fit and, by putting it at the "back" as you tip the cup towards you, you reduce the risk of leaking coffee on yourself.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 7
On 12/19/2017 at 8:19 PM, gianmarco said:

Let's continue the garbage bag theme. Throw your used dryer sheets in the bin under the bag to keep it smelling fresh(er).

Not sure if it's been posted, but drill a hole in the bottom or lower side of your garbage can - it'll make it easier to lift the bag out by relieving the suction created by the bag as it fills up.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Fat Nick said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but drill a hole in the bottom or lower side of your garbage can - it'll make it easier to lift the bag out by relieving the suction created by the bag as it fills up.

not the bottom if you do that and something leaks out of the bag it goes right on the floor try the back about 2 inches off of the bottom and thank me when you dont have chicken grease on your floor take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 11

ps i have had chicken grease on my floor a lot and i dont like to brag but i know a thing or two about chicken grease it is sort of my bag take that to the bank brohans 

• Laughing 1
39 minutes ago, SWC said:

ps i have had chicken grease on my floor a lot and i dont like to brag but i know a thing or two about chicken grease it is sort of my bag take that to the bank brohans 

Just so I have this clear, you bring your chicken grease bags to the bank?

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, Bull Dozier said:
2 hours ago, SWC said:

Just so I have this clear, you bring your chicken grease bags to the bank?

gotta take em somewhere brohan so hell yes i do take that to the bank 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
On 6/1/2019 at 10:49 PM, snore said:

Every spring we burn our old x-mas tree. Just did that tonight. Usually involves getting sap on your hands (tonight was no exception). Olive oil will remove the sap, once done use a little Dawn dish soap to remove the oil. Boom. 

I would make fun of this burn in June but I used to stack them up on my property and just burned four years’ worth a couple weeks ago. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

Why are the beachgoers wearing long sleeves/jeans etc.?

Because they'd be giving up the vault's location if they had to take the sunscreen back out. 

• Thanks 1
On 12/29/2017 at 9:54 AM, ProstheticRGK said:

Plus, your poop feels like it’s wearing a velour sweatsuit. Bonus lifehack.

Your poop is like George Costanza. It wants to be ensconced in Velour 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dhockster said:

Your poop is like George Costanza. It wants to be ensconced in Velour 

I just realized I blew the reference. George Costanza wants to be ensconced in Velvet, not velour. So close!

48 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Wouldn't the fact you are on the beach drilling a giant hole in the sand with your enormous corkscrew-like device be sort of a giveaway?

Yes.  This might be one of the dumbest inventions and ads I’ve seen in a while.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Wouldn't the fact you are on the beach drilling a giant hole in the sand with your enormous corkscrew-like device be sort of a giveaway?

If I had an enormous corkscrew-like device, you damn well bet I would show it off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, matuski said:

So all I need to do is walk by and yank on your towel.  In one fell swoop I have ALL your valuables.

I don't have to pick them up individually.. thank you for the time saver.

Just pack 12 dirty looking diapers instead 

• Like 1
On 6/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, DallasDMac said:

I’m confused.  Is it the big corkscrew thing protecting your stuff, or is it the person who you leave laying on the corkscrew thing protecting your stuff?

5 hours ago, D-Day said:

I’m confused.  Is it the big corkscrew thing protecting your stuff, or is it the person who you leave laying on the corkscrew thing protecting your stuff?

I assume that, at some point, beach dwellers will want to go in to the water. But I may be overthinking this. Maybe people that take everything to the beach hire an underling to lay on it?

On 6/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, DallasDMac said:

I assume that, at some point, beach dwellers will want to go in to the water. But I may be overthinking this. Maybe people that take everything to the beach hire an underling to lay on it?

Going to the beach sounds exhausting. Now I gotta buy corkscrew things and hire fat guys to sit on them?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

how's that? what brand?

Spray it on a rag and scrub.

My buddy that showed me used I believe deep woods off. I used cutter because that's what I have

His seemed to work a little better, but mine did make a big difference from before

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cowboysfan8
  • Like 1
On 6/14/2019 at 9:27 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

Spray it on a rag and scrub.

My buddy that showed me used I believe deep woods off. I used cutter because that's what I have

His seemed to work a little better, but mine did make a big difference from before

🤷‍♂️

Just buy one of those reconditioning kits from the auto parts store. It takes about an hour but makes your vehicle look easily three years newer.