What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Courtland Sutton, DEN (1 Viewer)

The Denver Post reports the Broncos' defense has "yet to find an answer for Courtland Sutton in camp."

With all the attention on the Broncos' draft additions, it has been a quiet offseason and summer for Sutton, but the third-year pro is already one of the most physically-dominant wideouts in the league. It didn't translate to elite fantasy numbers in the Broncos' low-wattage offense last season, but Sutton offers massive upside at his WR19 ADP. 

SOURCE: Denver Post 

Aug 20, 2020, 4:08 PM ET

Sprained AC joint, DTD.

Receivers don’t have to raise their arms above their head, right?  :unsure:
I remember Colston played almost an entire season with one, and it didn't really effect him. Lock obviously isn't peak Brees, but Colston was never as talented as Sutton either.

I remember Colston played almost an entire season with one, and it didn't really effect him. Lock obviously isn't peak Brees, but Colston was never as talented as Sutton either.
He’ll probably be ok. It’s a tricky injury though. I’ve had players who had it & it didn’t do anything & other guys were awful for a couple weeks. 

It’s a hard-to-trust injury for a MNF game. Unless you have another option to sub In, of course. 

He’ll probably be ok. It’s a tricky injury though. I’ve had players who had it & it didn’t do anything & other guys were awful for a couple weeks. 

It’s a hard-to-trust injury for a MNF game. Unless you have another option to sub In, of course. 
It'll all depend upon how Sutton reacts to the injury and how severe or non severe it really is. Sometimes little injuries nag enough for concern, other times what looked traumatic becomes a non issue, like dodging a bullet. In other words, no one knows for sure. Proof will be in the pudding soon enough. I have Sutton in the Flex spot as of now thinking I had a good WR draft with T Hill, AJ Brown, Beckham, and then Sutton. I also have Lindsey on the bench for a Flex plug n' play if Sutton is unable to go. 

I was excited about getting Sutton as my 4th WR and viable Flex start. Hope he recovers quickly. 

Team Smokin' said:
It'll all depend upon how Sutton reacts to the injury and how severe or non severe it really is. Sometimes little injuries nag enough for concern, other times what looked traumatic becomes a non issue, like dodging a bullet. In other words, no one knows for sure. Proof will be in the pudding soon enough. I have Sutton in the Flex spot as of now thinking I had a good WR draft with T Hill, AJ Brown, Beckham, and then Sutton. I also have Lindsey on the bench for a Flex plug n' play if Sutton is unable to go. 

I was excited about getting Sutton as my 4th WR and viable Flex start. Hope he recovers quickly. 
Sounds like a good plan.

if you didn’t have Lindsey I’m not sure you’d be able to trust Sutton headed into MN.

maybe news will emerge today or tomorrow that he’s feeling better - if not, for some owners this will be dicey.

Courtland Sutton (shoulder) remained sidelined for Friday's practice.

"We think he will be limited Saturday,” coach Vic Fangio told a pool reporter. “He will be day-to-day.” Sutton is closer to doubtful for Monday night, but that's the best case scenario for his season-long outlook after he sprained his right AC joint in practice Thursday. If Sutton is officially ruled out, Tim Patrick and DaeSean Hamilton will be asked to step up as thin one-game DFS options behind rookie Jerry Jeudy in Tennessee's season opener.

SOURCE: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter

Sep 11, 2020, 1:52 PM ET

I'm benching him him favor of starting Hill, Godwin, AJB, and McLaurin. Yeah, I'm bragging a little ;) But I'm second guessing starting Golladay or Evans in all my leagues too. With no preseason and such little information about these players and injuries seems not worth the risk....

Good to hear that Sutton is day to day. 

Definitely sitting Sutton this week.  Can't risk him not playing and even if he plays, this might be a low scoring game where TEN controls the clock and Henry runs it down DEN's throat.  I will have to go with Desean Jackson.

8-team leagues are fun! 
:lol:  
In all seriousness, my favorite league I was ever in, was an 8 team league. It was extremely tough, as no team truly sucked. Waivers were plentiful enough, that if you ended up with your top-5 WR's being Evans, Golladay, Sutton, Cooks, Deebo(like a team in my 12 teamer this year) you weren't totally screwed.

Courtland Sutton (shoulder) will be a game-time decision Week 1 against the Titans.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Sutton has to be able to do 10 jumping jacks in pre-game warmups to be active. Sure. Why not? For now, it's best to assume Sutton is on the wrong side of questionable, making him a risky bet to leave in lineups as this game is the last to kick off. When healthy, Sutton offers upside as a WR2/3. Expect first-round rookie Jerry Jeudy to operate as the top receiver whenever Sutton misses.

BET Slant:

Bookmakers have moved this line all the way up to Tennessee -3. The injury bug is serious right now for Denver. Von Miller is out while Sutton and fellow wideout KJ Hamler are questionable.

RELATED: 

Jerry Jeudy

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 12, 2020, 3:30 PM ET

Courtland Sutton (shoulder) is inactive for Monday night’s Week 1 game against the Titans.

KJ Hamler (hamstring) is also out for the opener, leaving rookie Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick, and DaeSean Hamilton as Drew Lock’s wideout trio tonight. Sutton has a sprained AC joint and wasn’t expected to play.

Sep 14, 2020, 8:54 PM ET

The Broncos "hope" Courtland Sutton (shoulder) "can do more" by the end of the week. 

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement for Sutton's Week 2 status. Coach Vic Fangio made the disclosure at the same time he revealed KJ Hamler (hamstring) will be practicing in full. The Broncos will push the issue with their No. 1 wideout, but for now, he should be considered on the wrong side of questionable for Sunday's game against the Steelers. 

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter 

Sep 15, 2020, 2:37 PM ET

Courtland Sutton (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's progress after Sutton missed last Friday's practice before being inactive for Monday night's loss to the Titans. We likely won't have a good idea of his availability for Week 2 against the Steelers until Friday.

Sep 16, 2020, 2:14 PM ET

Broncos coach Vic Fangio considers Courtland Sutton (shoulder) questionable for Sunday's game against the Steelers. 

Fangio did say that Sutton "came out of Wednesday's practice well." He will remain limited on Thursday, but it appears there is an actual chance he will suit up after missing the opener. If Sutton does play, it will be versus one of the league's toughest defenses. He will be a high-risk WR3. 

Sep 17, 2020, 2:17 PM ET

travdogg said:
I think Sutton plays Sunday, but could be limited a bit. If I had somebody going tonight(Green, Beckham, Landry) I'd probably go with them instead of waiting to find out.
probable decoy. i wont be starting him yet.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Courtland Sutton (questionable, shoulder) will be a game-time decision.

Sutton was a game-time decision last Monday but is closer to playing this week. His return would be a boost for Drew Lock, who threw for just 216 yards in a loss to the Titans. The Broncos should also get second-round WR KJ Hamler (hamstring) back for Week 2.

SOURCE: denverbroncos.com

Sep 18, 2020, 12:30 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos WR Courtland Sutton (shoulder, questionable) "has a good chance to play today."

Sutton should still be a game-time decision but the news is trending positive on him. He suffered an AC joint injury that ultimately held him out of action in Week 1. He logged limited practices throughout the week. Denver desperately needs Sutton back if they want to avoid starting the year with two losses. They travel to Pittsburgh this week and will face a dominant defense. Sutton's presence on the outside will help Drew Lock in his bid to upset the Steelers. He wasn't able to get much production from his receivers in Week 1. Jerry Jeudy led all Denver wideouts with 56 yards while TE Noah Fant reached 81 yards.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 20, 2020, 8:39 AM ET

trending towards playing but seems like a risky start. thinking the Broncos will continue to lean on Jeurdy & Fant. I never feel great about starting a good player coming off injury (Elite 1-2 rounders, heck yeah.)

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncos WR Courtland Sutton (shoulder) will be active for Week 2 against the Steelers. 

Sutton will give it a go against Pittsburgh, dealing the the AC joint sprain he suffered less than a week before the regular season. If you drafted Sutton, you're deploying him today as a potential volume play in a game that could see Denver chasing points throughout. Sutton suiting up is a downgrade to the rest of Denver's receivers, including Jerry Jeudy, who saw 25 percent of the team's targets last week with Sutton out. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 20, 2020, 11:21 AM ET

I have Parris C

Anyone starting him?  Flexing Mattison over him right now......

Seems too risky to me, although this game could be pinball.
I have Parris Cambell  and Scotty Miller in my lineup with Sutton on the bench. I think Ill leave him there in this tough match up and uncertainty about how his injury could affect him. 

Users who are viewing this thread