What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Calvin Ridley, TEN (2 Viewers)

How? I literally just went through the process. I paid for expedited (the only option they had besides regular) - it took 9 weeks to get an appointment & it’s already been 6 weeks without receiving my passport yet.

but go on telling me I’m wrong. :rolleyes:  
You are wrong. But I’m not going to get into a pissing match about it.

This is not currently accurate. There’s a backlog. I paid the $60 (+$25 post office processing fee) and it’s 3-4 months.

I just did it. There’s no way to even get an appointment for months. No way. I called the number, I was told to make an appointment through my local post office. I was going to go to Puerto Vallarta back in August, but I’m now going in January instead. 

I swear to god, if I said I just went swimming & water was wet, there’d be people on here arguing it wasn’t. 
:rolleyes:  

Sorry, man.  You're wrong. 

Just because you couldn't do it, doesn't mean it couldn't be done.  "No way" is definitely wrong.  

Here are some recent stories (source below)

1. As a last resort, Mr. Williams joined a Facebook group for Americans struggling with visa and passport issues, where a group member offered him an appointment in Chicago that she no longer needed. On June 4, three days before his scheduled trip, he took a day off from work, spent $400 on airfare from Atlanta and another $120 on Uber rides. He made it to the Chicago passport agency on time, and got his passport that same day.

2. Americans who require passports more quickly than the current processing times allow must show proof of imminent travel within 72 hours of their appointment. But many have found a way to work around that restriction, said Rick Grobart, who runs a management consultant firm in Chicago. He flew from Chicago to Seattle in April to get his own passport renewed, securing an appointment at midnight for 9:30 the next morning. He got a seat on the first morning flight out of O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, making it to the appointment thanks to the two-hour time difference in Seattle.

Yeah, it's tough.  But it's not impossible. If these people could do it, Ridley definitely could have.  That's why it's almost certainly not the issue. 

source: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/travel/passport-renewal-time-delay-delivery-wait.html 

Sorry, man.  You're wrong. 

Just because you couldn't do it, doesn't mean it couldn't be done.  "No way" is definitely wrong.  

Here are some recent stories (source below)

1. As a last resort, Mr. Williams joined a Facebook group for Americans struggling with visa and passport issues, where a group member offered him an appointment in Chicago that she no longer needed. On June 4, three days before his scheduled trip, he took a day off from work, spent $400 on airfare from Atlanta and another $120 on Uber rides. He made it to the Chicago passport agency on time, and got his passport that same day.

2. Americans who require passports more quickly than the current processing times allow must show proof of imminent travel within 72 hours of their appointment. But many have found a way to work around that restriction, said Rick Grobart, who runs a management consultant firm in Chicago. He flew from Chicago to Seattle in April to get his own passport renewed, securing an appointment at midnight for 9:30 the next morning. He got a seat on the first morning flight out of O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, making it to the appointment thanks to the two-hour time difference in Seattle.

Yeah, it's tough.  But it's not impossible. If these people could do it, Ridley definitely could have.  That's why it's almost certainly not the issue. 

source: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/travel/passport-renewal-time-delay-delivery-wait.html 
Ok. I expedited. It’s taking 3-4 months. 

if there’s a better way, it wasn’t available to me. Money solves a lot of woes, so perhaps corporations or wealthy people have better access.

I related my experience. I had to postpone a vacation by months. Apparently I’m not the privileged class. 

Enjoy your travel. 

Ok. I expedited. It’s taking 3-4 months. 

if there’s a better way, it wasn’t available to me. Money solves a lot of woes, so perhaps corporations or wealthy people have better access.

I related my experience. I had to postpone a vacation by months. Apparently I’m not the privileged class. 

Enjoy your travel. 
So you admit you were wrong. Can we move on now.

Any info on Calvin's mysterious absence?  Please, no speculation.  I wanna trade for him, but no idea what's up.  Anyone?

Any info on Calvin's mysterious absence?  Please, no speculation.  I wanna trade for him, but no idea what's up.  Anyone?

Get him with any reasonable offer.   The Falcons DEF is worse than some middle schools nearby and he should get a ton of volume.

I hesitate to say he is a league winner, but I'm certainly wishing I had him everywhere.  I expect a second half explosion.

(Unfortunately the one spot I have him tanked)

TZM

Get him with any reasonable offer.   The Falcons DEF is worse than some middle schools nearby and he should get a ton of volume.

I hesitate to say he is a league winner, but I'm certainly wishing I had him everywhere.  I expect a second half explosion.

(Unfortunately the one spot I have him tanked)

TZM
While I agree he is due for some serious targets, his last scheduled game was a goose egg and we really don't know why.  Anyone got his cell phone number?

Well, I offered Mike Williams for Ridley straight up.  Williams is currently WR3 and Ridley is WR51, so we will see what happens.  I was already considering doing this, but week 7 bye problems have forced my hand.

Could also be mental health issues. Again Lane Johnson was out the last 2 games for Philly and he just announced he's coming back. He was dealing with anxiety I believe. 

Almost every time it’s “personal reasons” it’s a grandparent or other relative in the hospital/death in the family, etc.

Typically it’s not specified out of respect for privacy/family.

The only time I can recall it was player-related was one of the times Josh Gordon went to rehab & they kept it quiet at first. 

I seriously doubt that’s the case with Ridley. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Calvin Ridley returned to the Falcons after missing Week 5 due to a personal matter. 

Coming off a bye, Ridley will play this week against the Dolphins on two weeks' rest. Ridley hasn't seen the downfield opportunities that made him so valuable in fantasy last season, but he was still dominating Atlanta's target share (27 percent) and air yards share (47 percent) before missing the team's Week 5 win against the Jets. Ridley should be considered a high-end WR2 this week against Miami. 

SOURCE: AtlantaFalcons.com 

Oct 18, 2021, 12:49 PM ET

A lot of his targets aren't catchable. The INT today was his fault though. Almost to the point of benching him until we see some sort of glimmer of the 2nd round pick we all drafted him as.

A lot of his targets aren't catchable. The INT today was his fault though. Almost to the point of benching him until we see some sort of glimmer of the 2nd round pick we all drafted him as.
Tell me about it. Benched Chase for him. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like he’s going to return 2nd round value. 10 targets are nice, but just 4 receptions is terrible. 

I'm glad I didn't draft him in the first like his owner did but I am happy to have him over Sanders and Arob from a trade. There's still hope for Ridley to improve where as there is no hope for those guys. 

when I got him for Thielen and H Henry I thought I got a deal.

..... then off for London game - then bye - and now he seems out of sorts  

He's a textbook buy low candidate right now.

Offense is improving, Pitts is emerging, Matty Ice is flinging it, and Ridley has had an uncharacteristic "ho-hum"  start to the season.

We all know the talent is there....and 10 targets screams opportunity.

Maybe he's just not a true #1
Lucky for him he can resume his old #2 role when Pitts is being trusted as the focal point. The risk here is that Pitts is a rookie and there will be growing pains as he adjusts to being trusted as the #1.

IDK- this is bust city, and who knows if he was even THAT talented to begin with? 6'1 190 lbs is nothing special, that's almost Devonta Smith size. Ridley should be a #2 at most with a big guy across from him, and now it looks like he has that wish. However, not sure if that leads to good production this year. C-Patt is a legit AF weapon this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a textbook buy low candidate right now.

Offense is improving, Pitts is emerging, Matty Ice is flinging it, and Ridley has had an uncharacteristic "ho-hum"  start to the season.

We all know the talent is there....and 10 targets screams opportunity.
I recently bought him for TJ Hock & a late 1st.  I don't need him until 2022 so I can wait for things to improve. 

I can't believe I talked myself into this guy this year.  FML.
A guy who should have been a top 4 WR? Yes, how ever could you have been so silly.

No one should have had to talk themselves into Ridley. He’s a stud. No one could have foreseen his “personal problems”, whatever those are. 

Users who are viewing this thread