What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Calvin Ridley, TEN (2 Viewers)

Relax, its very common for a player playing Monday night to sit out a Thursday practice, as its essentially their Wednesday. If he hasn't practiced by Saturday, then I'll be concerned, until then not super worried about it.
Checks calendar...yup, its still 2020  There is no relax this year...there is only concern (especially when already without Mostert, Michael Thomas, just lost Goedert and have J. Cook iffy too).  Instead...panic and drop a decent prospect for freakin MVS as an emergency option.  That is what 2020 has brought us to.

Checks calendar...yup, its still 2020  There is no relax this year...there is only concern (especially when already without Mostert, Michael Thomas, just lost Goedert and have J. Cook iffy too).  Instead...panic and drop a decent prospect for freakin MVS as an emergency option.  That is what 2020 has brought us to.
As someone with Ridley who dropped MVS right before the Lazard news broke, I hate all of this. 

Rotoworld:

Falcons WR Calvin Ridley (ankle, calf) was a limited participant in Friday's practice. 

Ridley wasn't able to practice Thursday. He could be seen testing out his injured ankle during Friday's session. Though the calf injury designation is new, he seems on track to play Monday against the Packers. Fantasy players should have a backup plan for Ridley missing the Monday night matchup. 

SOURCE: Vaughn McClure on Twitter 

Oct 2, 2020, 4:19 PM ET

Falcons WR Calvin Ridley (ankle) is questionable for Week 4 against the Packers.

Russell Gage (head) was cleared, but Julio Jones (hamstring) is also questionable for Monday night. With Gage good to go and Jones getting in a limited practice to close the week, fantasy players should expect all three of Atlanta’s starting wideouts to play in an incredible game script against Green Bay. Pivots for any surprising inactives Monday night include Brandon Powell, Olamide Zaccheaus, and TE Robert Tonyan if Davante Adams (questionable) is ruled out.

SOURCE: Will McFadden on Twitter

Oct 3, 2020, 3:27 PM ET

I have Parker to sub for him in one league and it will probably be a score-fest vs Seattle, so at worst I may lose little vs starting Ridley. But in my other league, my alternative is Deebo who will not be playing full snaps...so I'll go with Ridley there and hope he is close to 100 percent. As with Julio, the Falcons head coach said he is trending upward.

I generally agree with this, but it matters how good your other options are. What level projection from a Sunday player gets you to bench him?
Lost JJSS to COVID cancellation & I’m rolling out BOTH dolphins receivers after having to claim 🦄 

my only other options would be Engram or Tee Higgins, which would be significant downgrades. :(  

Lost JJSS to COVID cancellation & I’m rolling out BOTH dolphins receivers after having to claim 🦄 

my only other options would be Engram or Tee Higgins, which would be significant downgrades. :(  
Higgins would tempt me. I only have Ridley in a loaded dynasty team. I am going to bench him for Woods.

Higgins would tempt me. I only have Ridley in a loaded dynasty team. I am going to bench him for Woods.
Significant drop-off from Ridley IMO. I remain untempted. 

possibly over 🦄, but again - love 🦄’s matchup, and would always prefer a RL WR2 over a WR3. Plus the Jags play annoyingly slow. It limits opponent possessions a bit. 

dmac37 said:
Fox pre game, Jay Glazier reporting Quinn told him Julio and Ridley both expected to play.
Thanks for this! I will keep Ridley in my lineup instead of starting John Brown based on this info

Calvin Ridley failed to catch any of his five targets in the Falcons' Week 4 loss to the Packers.

Ridley was playing through a hamstring pull and saw a whole lot of CB Jaire Alexander in this one. With Julio Jones aggravating his own hamstring injury, Ridley was the focus of the defense. After going over 100 yards in each of the first three games, this was an obvious disappointment for Ridley. He should bounce back in a Week 5 date with the Panthers.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:27 AM ET

for a guy that finished the game, I've never seen a worse Monday night performance in fantasy history.  He's a guy owned in 95 percent plus of leagues, I don't doubt starting in 90 percent, to play and put up a donut is crazy.

I heard a point on a podcast this week, this is a possible Ridley trend, when he's dinged up, he really falls off

Last edited by a moderator:
for a guy that finished the game, I've never seen a worse Monday night performance in fantasy history.  He's a guy owned in 95 percent plus of leagues, I don't doubt starting in 90 percent, to play and put up a donut is crazy.

I heard a point on a podcast this week, this is a possible Ridley trend, when he's dinged up, he really falls off
He had 3 targets on the first drive and then something like 2 more the rest of the game. Matt Ryan looked terrible and basically gave up trying to get him the ball.

Matt Ryan was terrible last night.   He missed Ridley on several deep throws.  

Ridley was wide open on a curl route in the end zone and Ryan didn't even see him.   On the crossing route in the end zone, Ridley was open but Ryan threw late and behind him.   

Should bounce back nicely vs. Carolina.  

Some days you get up and put salt in your coffee,  stub your toe, or cut yourself shaving.  Even good players throw up a donut every now and then and Ridley was hobbled all week, so I'm not surprised.

Some days you get up and put salt in your coffee,  stub your toe, or cut yourself shaving.  Even good players through up a donut every now and then and Ridley was hobbled all week, so I'm not surprised.
Julio leaving early didn't help either. Let's hope for a bounce back week against the Panthers 

As others have said, last night had nothing to do with Ridley.  He should have had 2 TDs and a hell of a lot more.  He was open a lot but Ryan wasn’t looking at him.  When Ryan did target him, they were bad throws.

Last night’s bagel cost me a W. Only needed 2 points from him. 
stuff happens. Packers made it their entire defensive gameplan to eliminate Ridley. Julio out, Ridley a little gimpy already, Ryan missing him on deep shots, and blanketed all night. Just a fluky game. 

Sorry it cost ya. That's a bummer. I wouldn't lose faith in Ridley though. 

Last night’s bagel cost me a W. Only needed 2 points from him. 
I went into the stupid Falcons/Packers game with a 5 point lead. I had Ridley to play and my opponent had the Packers' idiot kicker, whatever the hell his name is. Long story short, I ended up losing with Gurley and that moron TE for Green Bay sitting on my bench.

I'm over it.

cloppbeast said:
I went into the stupid Falcons/Packers game with a 5 point lead. I had Ridley to play and my opponent had the Packers' idiot kicker, whatever the hell his name is. Long story short, I ended up losing with Gurley and that moron TE for Green Bay sitting on my bench.

I'm over it.
You sound like you are over it. 🤣

Hot Sauce Guy said:
stuff happens. Packers made it their entire defensive gameplan to eliminate Ridley. Julio out, Ridley a little gimpy already, Ryan missing him on deep shots, and blanketed all night. Just a fluky game. 

Sorry it cost ya. That's a bummer. I wouldn't lose faith in Ridley though. 
This....

He cost me the game as well, but he's also won games for me and he was an inch from a garbage TD that Matty Ice didn't put enough juice on.....that woulda won it for me....Ridley is the present, and future in hotlanta......and they suck, so they'll be chucking it all day long.

Calvin Ridley (thigh, knee) was cleared for Week 5 against the Panthers.

Ridley was limited on Friday but that presumably means the Falcons held him back to ensure he's a full go for Sunday. Reminder Ridley is only one week removed from accruing a career-high 34% target share in Week 3 without Julio Jones (hamstring, questionable). Olamide Zaccheaus is expected to start on the boundary across from Ridley.

SOURCE: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

Oct 9, 2020, 3:19 PM ET

Calvin Ridley said he's "back at full speed" after playing through injury in Week 4.

Ridley notes that he only played last week because Julio Jones also was injured and that he didn't want his team to be without their top two receivers. Ridley has had a good week of practice and rehab. In fact, he was left off the Falcons' Friday injury report. No Julio means more coverage will be thrown at Ridley, but he's a top-five fantasy receiver after lighting up the NFL in the first three games.

SOURCE: Jen Hale on Twitter

Oct 11, 2020, 11:48 AM ET

Calvin Ridley caught 8-of-10 targets for 136 yards in the Falcons' Week 5 loss to the Panthers.

The Falcons offense looks broken right now without Julio Jones, but that doesn't matter much for fantasy purposes. At least for Ridley. He once again ate in garbage time and operated as the Falcons' best all-around player. Ridley can be counted on as a top-five fantasy receiver even when Jones returns because Ridley faces softer coverage when Jones is on the field. Ridley looked healthier here than he did in Week 4, too. He'll be a WR1 against the burnable Vikings next week.

- Rotoworld

Calvin Ridley caught 6-of-7 targets for 61 yards and a touchdown in the Falcons' Week 6 win over the Vikings.

Ridley was a first-down machine and converted a red zone target for an 8-yard score. He and Julio Jones dominated this poor Vikings secondary, and Ridley's day could've been bigger if not for second-half cramps. It shouldn't be an issue moving forward. Ridley and Jones can provide WR1 value for the rest of the season as long as the Falcons' defense remains a bottom-10 unit. Matt Ryan looked sharp in this one and that trend should continue with the Lions on schedule next.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:21 PM ET

Calvin Ridley was forced from Atlanta's Week 8 game against the Panthers with a left ankle injury and is questionable to return. 

In the process of getting tackled, Ridley's left foot caught the turf awkwardly. It originally appeared he might be dealing with a serious foot issue. After remaining down for several moments, Ridley was able to make it to the sideline under his own power. So far, he has missed only one series. Julio Jones has been eating this evening, but Ridley managed three receptions for 42 yards before going down. With the first half winding down, it's possible we see Ridley after the break. 

Oct 29, 2020, 9:39 PM ET

Calvin Ridley (ankle) has been ruled out for the second half of Atlanta's Week 8 game against the Panthers. 

Ridley was briefly labeled questionable after departing late in the second quarter, but further halftime evaluation revealed a player who could not return. Ridley walked off the field under his own power and could be seen limping around on the sideline, so there can be hope he's avoided a truly serious injury. It could still be multiple weeks, however. If there's good news, it's that Ridley has 10 days to get cleared for Week 9 against the Broncos, though the Falcons then go on bye. It's doubtful we see Ridley next week. Sit tight. 

Oct 29, 2020, 10:03 PM ET

I thought I built a bullet proof deep set of WR's. I can withstand a few injuries but it is getting tough. Sutton, Godwin, Diontae Johnson, J. Brown, and now ARob, Ridley, and Pittman if he counts. I know we all have been hit this year, just venting but will still move forward and finish on top  :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread