What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Sam Darnold, MIN (4 Viewers)

I think he will be fine. Probably needs another year or to sit at the pro level a season or 2.  He def has tbe "it" factor.  

I do not want a pudgy ginger Q.B.ing my team.  Maybe Washington will pick him and give him Sonny Jurgenson's old number. There was a pudgy ginger with a screwed up delivery. 

He was under pressure all night and made some special throws. He had a down year this year and perhaps is not what he was made out to be last year. Still, he’s better than what he showed last night.

He was under pressure all night and made some special throws. He had a down year this year and perhaps is not what he was made out to be last year. Still, he’s better than what he showed last night.
trust me, i KNOW that one game does not make.... But you're hyped as one of the most special QBs is a long while, you're playing in front of the nation, all eyes on you pre-draft....

And THAT is your performance? 

I honestly don't know if it could have gone worse, and teams likely PLUMMETED him on their boards... And rightfully so. 

I was in awe,last night. and not the good kind.

He has an odd-shaped head as well...
Odd shaped head = Positive NFL QB attribute.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/is-peyton-manning-forehead-growing-in-size-length/

Is Peyton Manning’s Forehead Growing?

Tonight is the 2017 ESPY Awards and Peyton Manning is on board as the host. Over the years, one of Manning’s features that has been a topic of conversation is the size of his forehead. Is it growing bigger? What is its length? There are even websites, YouTube videos and threads dedicated to the topic. For example, there is even a Facebook page titled “Peyton Manning’s Forehead” and you can check it out by clicking here. And, the tagline for the profile reads, “It’s big. Bigger than Chris Collinsworth’s mouth.”

Make no mistake, if Darnold comes out, he will be a high first round pick.

Yes- he was underwhelming last night. But- the total body of work is still very solid. Remember how great he was against Penn St. last year.

I think all of us, myself included, tend to overreact to small sample sizes.

Flashed a live arm, but seemed behind the pace at times, and other times lost out there. Lots of potential though.

trust me, i KNOW that one game does not make.... But you're hyped as one of the most special QBs is a long while, you're playing in front of the nation, all eyes on you pre-draft....

I honestly don't know if it could have gone worse, and teams likely PLUMMETED him on their boards... And rightfully so. 

Reminds me of things said about Derek Carr 3 years ago. 

He's still relatively new to the position. Too early for declarations, but he definitely needs more lower level playing time. 

Make no mistake, if Darnold comes out, he will be a high first round pick.

Yes- he was underwhelming last night. But- the total body of work is still very solid. Remember how great he was against Penn St. last year.

I think all of us, myself included, tend to overreact to small sample sizes.
He would be a top 3 pick possible #1 depending on combine and private workouts.  Kid has it all

Cold on this kid all season long, and held a glimmer of hope he'd ball out tonite...

This kid is going to be an ultimate bust in the NFL. I just feel it. 

You?
He looked a lot better before losing 1/2 his OL. 

I suspect he’s closer to the next Aaron Rodgers who falls in the draft and becomes an outstanding QB. 

He has all the tools - depends on who drafts him. If it’s Cleveland, he’ll probably be terrible since the Browns are where talent at QB goes to die. 

"PLUMMETED"?  Really?

Are you actually suggesting he's not going to be a top 10 pick?

"PLUMMETED"?  Really?

Are you actually suggesting he's not going to be a top 10 pick?
Cle, NYG, DEN and NYJ likely the 4 teams who will take a QB, in the top 10.

Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield the top 5 QBs

One will be left out, and it could legit be any of the 5, imo. 

Personally, Im not overly sold on ANY of them, but have a really good feeling about Mayfield, and hope that's who CLE takes.

Anyways... yes. Conceivable he drops out of the top 10

Personally, Im not overly sold on ANY of them, but have a really good feeling about Mayfield, and hope that's who CLE takes.

"Plummeted" is a bit of an exaggeration for a qb needy team to drop him from 1/2 to 3/4 on their list.  I think you're nuts to suggest he won't be one of the top 3 qb's taken.

Also, Bowl games don't necessarily plummet stocks.
Winston's Bowl Game:  29-45.  348 Yards.  1 TD.  1 Int.  -15 Rushing yards. 
Darnold's Bowl Game:  26-45.  354 Yards.  0 TD.  1 Int.  -18 Rushing yards. 

No not really. Lamar Jackson is not going anywhere close to top 10 and if you see a mock draft that says so I'd throw it in the trash.

Winston had a good season, overall. Darnold looked lost. 

Darnolds stats and QB rating his two seasons are almost idential to Winston's two years. Both of them were better their first season then their second, but Winston's final season was the worse than the season Darnold just had.

Darnolds stats and QB rating his two seasons are almost idential to Winston's two years. Both of them were better their first season then their second, but Winston's final season was the worse than the season Darnold just had.
Stats aside, when you watched Winston's final season and Darnold's, did u say to yourself "Darnold looked better"?

I absolutely hate Winston, but Im definitely gonna say he looked much better than Darnold

He looked a lot better before losing 1/2 his OL. 

I suspect he’s closer to the next Aaron Rodgers who falls in the draft and becomes an outstanding QB. 

He has all the tools - depends on who drafts him. If it’s Cleveland, he’ll probably be terrible since the Browns are where talent at QB goes to die. 
Come on, the next Rodgers? I don't care who the qb is coming out of college, they are always closer to a bust then an all time great. 

Stats aside, when you watched Winston's final season and Darnold's, did u say to yourself "Darnold looked better"?

I absolutely hate Winston, but Im definitely gonna say he looked much better than Darnold
I thought they looked similar. Both share same similar major issue of turning the ball over to much but both also showed traits of being long term franchise QB's. I tend to focus on traits more than anything else.

Both share same similar major issue of turning the ball over to much 
Darnold could have had 2-3 more balls picked yesterday. It was mindblowing. 

I was never big on Winston either. Im not saying the guy cant be a stud, cuz last year I was convinced he was... But where Im sitting now, I see more of a potential bust

Come on, the next Rodgers? I don't care who the qb is coming out of college, they are always closer to a bust then an all time great. 
I only meant he might fall in the draft and be better than his draft spot.

i did not mean he would be as good as Rodgers.

sorry - I phrased that poorly. 

From Sports Illustrated:

“He has a slight hitch, a wind-up in his throw, and he does stare down receivers,” said one veteran evaluator. “He’s still learning to read defenses. This is a young kid. Not ready for primetime yet...”

From Sports Illustrated:

“He has a slight hitch, a wind-up in his throw, and he does stare down receivers,” said one veteran evaluator. “He’s still learning to read defenses. This is a young kid. Not ready for primetime yet...”
The hitch reminds me of Rivers a bit. Still gets it out quick. 

What a huge step back this year.  Coaching staff did him no favors with their moronic playcalling but he looks bad.  No way I take this guy in the draft unless he falls far

"Plummeted" is a bit of an exaggeration for a qb needy team to drop him from 1/2 to 3/4 on their list.  I think you're nuts to suggest he won't be one of the top 3 qb's taken.

Also, Bowl games don't necessarily plummet stocks.
Winston's Bowl Game:  29-45.  348 Yards.  1 TD.  1 Int.  -15 Rushing yards. 
Darnold's Bowl Game:  26-45.  354 Yards.  0 TD.  1 Int.  -18 Rushing yards. 
You left out the fumbles.

What a huge step back this year.  Coaching staff did him no favors with their moronic playcalling but he looks bad.  No way I take this guy in the draft unless he falls far
His OL was decimated. I’m not saying he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he’s nowhere near as bad as he’s looked. 

Allen was an average college qb in a weak conference and played poorly against good competition. 

Users who are viewing this thread