What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Kirk, JAX (1 Viewer)

A guy released him in my league and i would love to stash him on my bench to see how he does the next few weeks but have no one to release to make room for him.

A guy released him in my league and i would love to stash him on my bench to see how he does the next few weeks but have no one to release to make room for him.
See, that’s where I suspect a lot of us are. I’ll keep an eye on him & maybe try to re-add him if my IDP guys come back healthy, but he’s a tough add if he keeps putting up weak numbers. 

Which is why the guy in your league released him. In a very tight league, Kirk does not command rostering after that dud. I do think there is hope for him and he is someone I would try to pickup again in the near future.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrisitan Kirk (groin) is not practicing Wednesday.

Kirk has a measly three catches for 57 scoreless yards on nine targets through two weeks despite Kyler Murray playing at an MVP level. Kirk was injured in the Week 2 win over Washington. His status for this week's showdown with the Lions is unclear, but Kirk doesn't deserve to be in fantasy lineups at the moment.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:50 PM ET

Christian Kirk (groined) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Kirk is on track to return against the Panthers, but it is hard to have anything in the way of expectations even for a golden matchup. That will have to change if DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) ends up sitting, but for now, Kirk is a barely-there WR4. 

Oct 1, 2020, 5:42 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cardinals WR Christian Kirk (ankle) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Panthers.

The bigger news for Arizona is that DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) is also set to play versus Carolina. Both receivers returning means Andy Isabella should spend most of Sunday on the bench. Isabella scored twice on four targets with Kirk out last week. He could push for more playing time based on his success in the limited role he played last week. Isabella is still a long way from being a fantasy starter as long as Kirk and Hopkins are on the field. Kirk only caught 3-of-9 targets through two weeks and was rarely worth starting in fantasy last year. He's at best a risky flex play this week and fantasy managers should look to other WR3/4 options before getting Kirk in the starting lineup.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 4, 2020, 9:05 AM ET

Christian Kirk caught 2-of-3 targets for 86 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Cowboys.

He made both of his catches count, turning the first one into a six-yard score on a jet sweep push pass to the right and then catching an 80-yard bomb over the top of the defense after roasting the cornerback. Kirk has scored three times over the last three weeks and is starting to show signs of playmaking life after entering this one near the bottom of the league in yards per route. Kirk probably deserves to be rostered in 12-team leagues, but he still feels extremely volatile. The good news is he gets a juicy Week 7 date with the Seahawks' awful pass defense.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:47 PM ET

Christian Kirk caught 5-of-8 passes for 38 yards and two touchdowns in Week 7 against Seattle.

Kirk had two touchdowns again this week after posting a 2/86/1 line on Dallas. He's been one of the hotter receivers in the league with at least 50 yards or a touchdown in five straight games. Kirk will take a 18/278/5 line into Arizona's bye.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:56 AM ET

Who are you starting him over or sitting him for tonight?

Christian Kirk caught 3-of-6 targets for 19 yards in the Cardinals' Week 12 loss to the Patriots.

Kirk also "added" a zero-yard rush. Kirk's day could have been better, but he committed an egregious drop on what would have been an eight-yard score. After seeming to heat up mid-season, Kirk has now been held to 11/96/0 over his past three games. The Rams are not an ideal slump-busting matchup for Week 13. Kirk will be a WR4 for that one. 

- Rotoworld

Cardinals placed Christian Kirk on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Kirk will miss the Cardinals' must-win Week 17 game against the Rams. To put things mildly, the Cardinals are in a very tough spot on Sunday. Kyler Murray will be playing through a leg injury, DeAndre Hopkins will face star CB Jalen Ramsey, Kirk is out, and both Larry Fitzgerald and Chase Edmonds are game-time decisions. Luckily for Arizona, the Rams won't have Jared Goff and Cooper Kupp. 

RELATED: 

Andy Isabella

, KeeSean Johnson

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Jan 2, 2021, 5:44 PM ET

Curious what others are doing leading up to dynasty drafts.  ESPN seems to think the Cards are going to draft a WR because the “desperately need a WR2 across from Hopkins” (paraphrased).  Are we giving up on Kirk as a roster-clogger?  Obviously I will wait and see what the Cards actually do but if they grab WR early it sounds like it might be time to bail.  

Curious what others are doing leading up to dynasty drafts.  ESPN seems to think the Cards are going to draft a WR because the “desperately need a WR2 across from Hopkins” (paraphrased).  Are we giving up on Kirk as a roster-clogger?  Obviously I will wait and see what the Cards actually do but if they grab WR early it sounds like it might be time to bail.  
He's another one of those WR6s you can't play, trade, or drop.

You're not a serious fantasy player unless you have owned and traded Kirk at least twice in the past three years...he has to be right up there with the most traded players while he has been in the league...the ultimate throw-in of any deal.

You're not a serious fantasy player unless you have owned and traded Kirk at least twice in the past three years...he has to be right up there with the most traded players while he has been in the league...the ultimate throw-in of any deal.
Yeah I'll be picking up Edmonds and Kirk in redraft this fall. It's like an annual rite of fall for me.

Perhaps in the beginning, but I would venture to guess not so much right now.

The Cardinals will go defense, probably lockdown CB in the first. Then 40%/40%/20%  chance of WR/OL/RB in the 2nd. 

Christian Kirk is sidelined with a "minor deal," but coach Kliff Kingsbury hopes he is back "soon." 

That was all Kingsbury volunteered after Kirk missed the past few practices. Coming off back-to-back rocky seasons following his promising rookie campaign, Kirk can't afford much missed practice time after the Cardinals signed A.J. Green and used a Day 2 pick on Rondale Moore. Kirk hasn't really developed an ADP this summer, typically going north of WR70. That sadly feels right for a player who once seemed destined for more. 

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter 

Aug 3, 2021, 2:20 PM ET

Cardinals WR Christian Kirk (undisclosed) returned to practice Thursday.

Kirk had been absent the past few days but returns just in time to soak up A.J. Green's reps while the veteran remains sidelined for "some time." Arizona's 10 personnel is still in limbo with Larry Fitzgerald considering retirement, opening the door for second-round rookie Rondale Moore and Kirk to make noise and potentially earn more time in the former's stead. Whomever wins a starting role in three-wide sets will be the player to target in the later rounds of re-draft leagues.

Aug 5, 2021, 11:36 AM ET

Christian Kirk caught 5-of-5 targets for 70 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' Week 1 win over the Titans. 

Kirk is now 33 percent of the way to his 2020 touchdown total after notching 26- and 11-yard scores, both coming in the second half as the Cardinals put the finishing touches on a road beatdown. The 26-yarder was a thing of beauty, as a pressured Kyler Murray simply lofted the ball off his back foot and Kirk managed to track it over his shoulder. For the 11-yard strike, Kirk beat S Kevin Byard 1-on-1 in the end zone. Free agent addition A.J. Green looked no less finished this afternoon than he did for the Bengals this season, so there could still be targets for Kirk's taking even if rookie Rondale Moore impresses, which he did on Sunday. Kirk will be in the WR48-55 range for Week 2 against the Vikings. 

I like Kirk for the balance of the year. Sure his targets aren't as high as 'd like, but a stat line of 8/135/2 through 2 games is solid. Definitely a nice flex. I scooped him up for flex to replace Waddle because I'm concerned about no Tua and Fuller V coming back. He should tee off against JAX this week. Arizona offense is potent enough to accommodate multiple pass catchers. 

Christian Kirk caught 7-of-8 targets for 104 yards in the Cardinals' Week 3 win over the Jaguars.

Kirk paced the Jaguars with the eight targets, and it was his first 100-yard game of the year and fourth of his career. DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) was playing at less than 100%, leaving a little more on bone for guys like Kirk and A.J. Green (5-112) against an undermanned secondary. Kirk has at least 65 yards in every game to this point and has settled in as a WR3/4 in a big-play offense ahead of a Week 4 date with the Rams.

It’s Russian Roulette with these Cards WRs. Only one consistently startable is DHop and even he’s been a massive bust (bitter DHop drafter here).

It’s Russian Roulette with these Cards WRs. Only one consistently startable is DHop and even he’s been a massive bust (bitter DHop drafter here).
Through Week 3, Kirk is near the top of most metrics. He was even doing better than DHop. He's just so wildly inconsistent. An average of metrics doesn't mean much if he's feast or famine every week. I feel like it's impossible to predict if he's gonna get the ball or not. He feels dropable in my short bench league.

Christian Kirk caught 5-of-5 targets for 39 yards in the Cardinals' Week 5 win over the 49ers. 

It was a rebound from last week's one-catch effort but still Kirk's second-lowest yardage output of the season. It is looking like that is going to be life in this crowded Cardinals skill group, with even DeAndre Hopkins yet to exceed six catches or post a 100-yard game. Kirk does have a plus Week 6 matchup in a Browns defense that got absolutely torched by Justin Herbert and the Chargers on Sunday. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Bumping for discussion.  Good week 2 weeks ago, great week this past weekend.  With Hopkins out what do we think?  There have been a couple weeks where he was flat out  invisible, and those are concerning.

Who’s rolling with him, and over who?

Bumping for discussion.  Good week 2 weeks ago, great week this past weekend.  With Hopkins out what do we think?  There have been a couple weeks where he was flat out  invisible, and those are concerning.

Worth a start depending on matchup but he's finishing out a contract year right? Probably motivated to show as much value as possible. 

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh

His floor should be pretty good without DeAndre  out there.    Kirk's TD this week was garbage time, but, Kyler was looking for him throughout the game

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
I’ve got to pick 2 of Kirk, OBJ, and Amon-Ra to go with Kupp.  My opponent has Stafford so the only real reason to start OBJ is then I completely negate his points from Stafford. (If this isn’t a cry for help I don’t know what is…lol).

That being said, Kirk is sure to see a ton of targets especially if Arizona struggles again.

i think he’s a semi-sneaky good start.

Cardinals WR Christian Kirk said QB Kyler Murray's future with the team will be a factor on whether he re-signs this offseason.

Murray's Cardinals future has come into question after he unfollowed the team on his media accounts. Kirk acknowledging that adds to speculation there may a rift between the two sides. The Cardinals are entering an important offseason with Murray's status in limbo and Kirk and A.J. Green free agents. Kirk, who's coming off a career-high 982 yards, will have no shortage of suitors if he walks.

RELATED: 

Kyler Murray

SOURCE: ESPN

Feb 10, 2022, 9:27 AM ET

ESPN Cardinals reporter Josh Weinfuss believes impending free agent Christian Kirk is going to have a "hot market" after speaking with people at this week's Combine.

The Combine is generally a good week to gauge other teams' interest in upcoming free agents, so this is definitely possible. Kirk is entering his prime at 25 years old and is coming off his best year yet after posting 77-982-5 on 103 targets across 17 healthy games. It was his first full season to date. The free-agent market as a whole doesn't look all that strong, so it wouldn't be shocking to see a bidding war for Kirk. He's probably looking for at least the $12.5 million annually Corey Davis got from the Jets last offseason.

Mar 2, 2022, 5:41 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero believes "it wouldn't be a shock" to see free agent Christian Kirk get $15 million or more per year.

Interest in Kirk is heating up with Davante Adams and Chris Godwin tagged and Mike Williams re-signing with the Chargers. Kirk's free agent market could further benefit if Dallas trades Amari Cooper and re-signs Michael Gallup. Kirk set career highs while sharing targets with DeAndre Hopkins and A.J. Green in 2021 and is entering his prime at 25 years old. With Green, Zach Ertz, James Conner and Chase Edmonds all free agents and Kyler Murray needing an extension, it's unlikely the Cardinals have the cap room for Kirk.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Mar 12, 2022, 11:39 AM ET

Obviously the draft (and watson landing spot) can change things, but at the moment if you are a Kirk owner, what are your ideal landing spots? 

Users who are viewing this thread