Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Christian Kirk, Cardinals

9 minutes ago, Captain Fantastic said:

Guys like this, do you cut bait and take a shot on another rising star (before their star has risen) or do you have faith in your original gut feeling and stick it out.

I believe I'll be sticking it out for a couple more weeks. Intestinal fortitude! 😣

If I had a roster spot for him, I'd hold. But since I didn't (slew of injuries to my IDP guys, and my #3-4 WRs both out/gimpy in Crowder/Parker) I had to cut bait. So it all depends on bench size & need. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's another one of those WR6s you can't play, trade, or drop.

Now how did I miss that, being a cardinals season ticket holder and all!  I took your comment to mean that since DJ was returning, the ratio would change. Since you only mentioned DJ and not the c

You're not a serious fantasy player unless you have owned and traded Kirk at least twice in the past three years...he has to be right up there with the most traded players while he has been in the lea

2 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

A guy released him in my league and i would love to stash him on my bench to see how he does the next few weeks but have no one to release to make room for him.

See, that’s where I suspect a lot of us are. I’ll keep an eye on him & maybe try to re-add him if my IDP guys come back healthy, but he’s a tough add if he keeps putting up weak numbers. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sasgaard said:

A guy released him in my league and i would love to stash him on my bench to see how he does the next few weeks but have no one to release to make room for him.

Which is why the guy in your league released him. In a very tight league, Kirk does not command rostering after that dud. I do think there is hope for him and he is someone I would try to pickup again in the near future.  

Edited by Ilov80s

Chrisitan Kirk (groin) is not practicing Wednesday.

Kirk has a measly three catches for 57 scoreless yards on nine targets through two weeks despite Kyler Murray playing at an MVP level. Kirk was injured in the Week 2 win over Washington. His status for this week's showdown with the Lions is unclear, but Kirk doesn't deserve to be in fantasy lineups at the moment.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:50 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Christian Kirk (groined) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Kirk is on track to return against the Panthers, but it is hard to have anything in the way of expectations even for a golden matchup. That will have to change if DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) ends up sitting, but for now, Kirk is a barely-there WR4. 

Oct 1, 2020, 5:42 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cardinals WR Christian Kirk (ankle) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Panthers.

The bigger news for Arizona is that DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) is also set to play versus Carolina. Both receivers returning means Andy Isabella should spend most of Sunday on the bench. Isabella scored twice on four targets with Kirk out last week. He could push for more playing time based on his success in the limited role he played last week. Isabella is still a long way from being a fantasy starter as long as Kirk and Hopkins are on the field. Kirk only caught 3-of-9 targets through two weeks and was rarely worth starting in fantasy last year. He's at best a risky flex play this week and fantasy managers should look to other WR3/4 options before getting Kirk in the starting lineup.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 4, 2020, 9:05 AM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Christian Kirk caught 2-of-3 targets for 86 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Cowboys.

He made both of his catches count, turning the first one into a six-yard score on a jet sweep push pass to the right and then catching an 80-yard bomb over the top of the defense after roasting the cornerback. Kirk has scored three times over the last three weeks and is starting to show signs of playmaking life after entering this one near the bottom of the league in yards per route. Kirk probably deserves to be rostered in 12-team leagues, but he still feels extremely volatile. The good news is he gets a juicy Week 7 date with the Seahawks' awful pass defense.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:47 PM ET

Christian Kirk caught 5-of-8 passes for 38 yards and two touchdowns in Week 7 against Seattle.

Kirk had two touchdowns again this week after posting a 2/86/1 line on Dallas. He's been one of the hotter receivers in the league with at least 50 yards or a touchdown in five straight games. Kirk will take a 18/278/5 line into Arizona's bye.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:56 AM ET

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Christian Kirk caught 3-of-6 targets for 19 yards in the Cardinals' Week 12 loss to the Patriots.

Kirk also "added" a zero-yard rush. Kirk's day could have been better, but he committed an egregious drop on what would have been an eight-yard score. After seeming to heat up mid-season, Kirk has now been held to 11/96/0 over his past three games. The Rams are not an ideal slump-busting matchup for Week 13. Kirk will be a WR4 for that one. 

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • 1 month later...

Cardinals placed Christian Kirk on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Kirk will miss the Cardinals' must-win Week 17 game against the Rams. To put things mildly, the Cardinals are in a very tough spot on Sunday. Kyler Murray will be playing through a leg injury, DeAndre Hopkins will face star CB Jalen Ramsey, Kirk is out, and both Larry Fitzgerald and Chase Edmonds are game-time decisions. Luckily for Arizona, the Rams won't have Jared Goff and Cooper Kupp. 

RELATED: 

Andy Isabella

, KeeSean Johnson

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Jan 2, 2021, 5:44 PM ET

• 3 months later...

Curious what others are doing leading up to dynasty drafts.  ESPN seems to think the Cards are going to draft a WR because the “desperately need a WR2 across from Hopkins” (paraphrased).  Are we giving up on Kirk as a roster-clogger?  Obviously I will wait and see what the Cards actually do but if they grab WR early it sounds like it might be time to bail.  

9 minutes ago, Hoh said:

Curious what others are doing leading up to dynasty drafts.  ESPN seems to think the Cards are going to draft a WR because the “desperately need a WR2 across from Hopkins” (paraphrased).  Are we giving up on Kirk as a roster-clogger?  Obviously I will wait and see what the Cards actually do but if they grab WR early it sounds like it might be time to bail.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

You're not a serious fantasy player unless you have owned and traded Kirk at least twice in the past three years...he has to be right up there with the most traded players while he has been in the league...the ultimate throw-in of any deal.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
16 minutes ago, Boston said:

You're not a serious fantasy player unless you have owned and traded Kirk at least twice in the past three years...he has to be right up there with the most traded players while he has been in the league...the ultimate throw-in of any deal.

Yeah I'll be picking up Edmonds and Kirk in redraft this fall. It's like an annual rite of fall for me.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Boston said:

Perhaps in the beginning, but I would venture to guess not so much right now.

4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Exactly.  The second I drop him he’ll get traded to Green Bay.  It’s sucks to be that powerful.  Lol.

• Laughing 1
On 4/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, Hoh said:

Exactly.  The second I drop him he’ll get traded to Green Bay.  It’s sucks to be that powerful.  Lol.

That would only give people false hope.

• Like 1