What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Josh Rosen, MIN (4 Viewers)

kutta said:
Again, two teams picked QB's and did not trade those picks for Rosen. If the Giants and Redskins thought Rosen was as good as the second best QB in this class, they would have traded their pick to the Cards instead of drafting who they did.
Indeed they did. It is, in my opinion, a mistake. I’ll take Rosen over both Haskins and Jones all day long. Time will tell.

I will also add that Dan Snyder, as both an owner and talent evaluator, is pitiful. The Redskins under his leadership are wretched- winning nothing.

Gittleman was a part of building some real good Panther teams, but his early NYG tenure is underwhelming.

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports trade talks for Josh Rosen are "somewhat far apart" between the Cardinals and Dolphins.

This throws shade on a previous report that had Miami sending a second-rounder for Rosen. The Dolphins have the worst quarterback situation in the league but may only be willing to give up a third-rounder for Rosen with the Giants and Redskins out of the mix. The Chargers are the only other team that's been linked to Rosen.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 3:07 PM

Miami’s got them over a barrel 
This.  The question is, are they able to take advantage of it.  There should be no deal unless it is on Miami's terms.  I suspect they will get Rosen and a 4th or 5th for their 2, which to me is a great value for a high upside 22 year old blue chip college QB.

Cqrds would be stupid to trade him he is beyond cheap for a qb.  If by some miracle that Murray is actually good then you trade him, as it stands he is cheap insurance policy for when Murray flames out, next year they can go back to Rosen!

QuizGuy66 said:
You have to figure that Arizona tried to get the #41 from Denver or the #42 from Cincinnati and that neither of those teams thought he was worth it as well.  Given that Zac Taylor saw him up close last year with the Rams that's not exactly a vote of confidence in him.

At this point getting pick 48 is probably the best that coulda been expected for the Cardinals.

-QG
Up close, so he played against him once?

Cqrds would be stupid to trade him he is beyond cheap for a qb.  If by some miracle that Murray is actually good then you trade him, as it stands he is cheap insurance policy for when Murray flames out, next year they can go back to Rosen!
The problem is that they bluffed, were called and now it has potential to be a PR nightmare. 

No one paid their price. So they took Murray. They gambled that QBs would go early and a team like Washington would pay a 1st. The draft fell perfect for those teams. Lock is even still available. 

Now you have maybe 2 or 3 teams interested, 2 have starting franchise QBs who are old but still good. Market is dry. 

You can keep Rosen and have a PR nightmare where every reporter is focusing on a qb controversy. The attention will always be on both QBs and after every loss questions on if they'd give the other a try. Not to mention the awkwardness of the locker room and pote tially having a locker room divided (Rosens guys vs Murrays guys).

Or... you can just get rid of him. take your lumps, and move forward

The problem is that they bluffed, were called and now it has potential to be a PR nightmare. 

No one paid their price. So they took Murray. They gambled that QBs would go early and a team like Washington would pay a 1st. The draft fell perfect for those teams. Lock is even still available. 

Now you have maybe 2 or 3 teams interested, 2 have starting franchise QBs who are old but still good. Market is dry. 

You can keep Rosen and have a PR nightmare where every reporter is focusing on a qb controversy. The attention will always be on both QBs and after every loss questions on if they'd give the other a try. Not to mention the awkwardness of the locker room and pote tially having a locker room divided (Rosens guys vs Murrays guys).

Or... you can just get rid of him. take your lumps, and move forward
All of this, plus Rosen already has one foot out the door.  Deleting them from social media was a not so well veiled clue that he was less than thrilled with the organization.  Even if you have to sell him for less than his value, you need him out of the building.  

kutta said:
Again, two teams picked QB's and did not trade those picks for Rosen. If the Giants and Redskins thought Rosen was as good as the second best QB in this class, they would have traded their pick to the Cards instead of drafting who they did.
Man do I want to be in a fantasy league with you.  Or do you play poker?

:lmao:

So according to NFL Network guys the Dolphins getting a crappier round 2 pick makes a trade with the Cardinals for Rosen MORE likely?

-QG

"This is a man's game. Be a man and go against that man one-on-one. He gets 10 plays, you get 10 plays. Do your deal. Ain't nobody giving you nothing. The only thing you can get on this stage, right now, is a free ### whopping, everything else you gotta work hard for."
Eh, it's kind of obvious the regime is going in a different direction. Rosen has to strike while the iron is hot, not wait to be a career backup.

Now that I think about it, I do like to gamble. How about. $1000 bet that Rosen doesn’t finish as a top QB in fantasy stats at any time over the next 3 years?
Not what I was saying.  I would bet a grand that he has better fantasy stats over the next three years then Haskins and Jones though.

I'll take Haskins or Jones in a landslide. And I like Rosen. He's really going to need a hell of a season to not be replaced by top pick in 2020 IMO. They've got the ammo to easily move up (if they don't happen to be the league's worst team).

And his weapons in Miami are arguably worse. But it's going to be nearly impossible for Flores to be worse than Wilks was in AZ so Rosen has that going for him.

I'll take Haskins or Jones in a landslide. And I like Rosen. He's really going to need a hell of a season to not be replaced by top pick in 2020 IMO. They've got the ammo to easily move up (if they don't happen to be the league's worst team).

And his weapons in Miami are arguably worse. But it's going to be nearly impossible for Flores to be worse than Wilks was in AZ so Rosen has that going for him.
I’m not so sure Rosen is even going to be the starter this year in Miami.

If Kutta had been forced to pick one of Haskins or Jones (which would be the more correct way to look at it since an NFL team can only pick one), I would like the Rosen side easily but getting 2 shots against 1 makes the Haskins/Jones side the better bet.

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Josh Rosen will have to "earn" his starting job.

Rosen joined the Dolphins Friday night in a trade that netted Arizona the 62nd overall pick and a fifth-rounder next year. Most assumed Rosen would immediately slot in as the Dolphins' starter and while that's still probably the case, Flores insists that decision has yet to be made. "When Josh gets here, he's got to compete for any type of role that he has here," explained the first-year head coach. "You have to earn it." Rosen struggled mightily as a rookie but didn't have much around him in Arizona. We're still anticipating Rosen will start Week 1 for the Dolphins, but it's not a given that he'll beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick, who produced a slew of 400-yard games in his brief tenure as Tampa Bay's starter last year.

RELATED: 

Ryan Fitzpatrick

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Apr 28, 2019, 6:57 AM

Not what I was saying.  I would bet a grand that he has better fantasy stats over the next three years then Haskins and Jones though.
Sounds like the bet is agreed upon.

Let’s select a trust worthy poster (any volunteers?) to hold our $1k so neither of us can back out. 

I’ll propose the scoring system as 0.1 points per rushing yard,  0.25 points per passing yard, and all td’s 6 points.

Obviously, no outs for injuries or any unforeseen circumstances - makes it too complicated.

Cardinals homer. Drafted Rosen last year and traded him yesterday to move up from the 3.09 to the 3.02. Who exactly is Rosen throwing the ball to this year? If anything, I am bullish on all of Miami's runningbacks. I think Kenyan Drake is explosive and I love Kalen Ballage to become a bellcow. He could go off for 28 Touchdowns this year and that would be about his ceiling.

I'd rather roll the dice on an aging Tom Brady or Drew Brees in dynasty. Sure, I'm shortsighted for the future but as this post stated. I am a Cardinals homer. I'm trying to figure out how to get Kyler Murray in an Air Raid offense on my team. We know the defense isn't going to be there. Should be plenty of garbage time which as we know, is pretty much the equivalent of college ball.

Josh Rosen

for

I don't think Jones ever makes a start the next three years barring an Eli injury.  Giants are my tank fur Tua team now that Barkley is the only player they have.

Haskins and Rosen both start week one.  Neither Mia nor Wash have good wrs.

Sounds like the bet is agreed upon.

Let’s select a trust worthy poster (any volunteers?) to hold our $1k so neither of us can back out. 

I’ll propose the scoring system as 0.1 points per rushing yard,  0.25 points per passing yard, and all td’s 6 points.

Obviously, no outs for injuries or any unforeseen circumstances - makes it too complicated.
I'd like to add negative 1 points for ints and fumbles lost.   The final tally is based on the  cumulative fantasy points gained during the 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons.

I'd like to add negative 1 points for ints and fumbles lost.   The final tally is based on the  cumulative fantasy points gained during the 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons.
I’m fine with that. Actually, if you have a league that scored like you’d like to, let’s just use that so we don’t have to do any special calculations.

I assume we are only going weeks 1-16? That way we cut out the situations where Rosen leads the Dolphins to a 14-1 record and he sits during week 17 😂

He handled things perfectly in that video.
I think the "spoiled brat" comment was sarcastic

I’m fine with that. Actually, if you have a league that scored like you’d like to, let’s just use that so we don’t have to do any special calculations.

I assume we are only going weeks 1-16? That way we cut out the situations where Rosen leads the Dolphins to a 14-1 record and he sits during week 17 😂
We can set up a two man yahoo league pretty easy. And hey, I never said the fins would ever be any good in my lifetime...

I think the "spoiled brat" comment was sarcastic

We can set up a two man yahoo league pretty easy. And hey, I never said the fins would ever be any good in my lifetime...
The fins comment was just a joke.

I’m fine setting it up any way we can easily track it.

Are you good finding someone to hold our money? Seems like the prudent way to do this.

The fins comment was just a joke.

I’m fine setting it up any way we can easily track it.

Are you good finding someone to hold our money? Seems like the prudent way to do this.
I'm good with that.  I have two money problems - 1 I'm poor and 2 my brother's wedding is July 5th so I'm pretty tapped out at the moment.  You good with some sort of payment installment?  Anyone who doesn't make their payments forfeits kinda deal.

Also want to add - I agree with the whole no injury / benching / jailing / whatever changes the outcome, but I've always thought that incase of player death (God forbid) any one on one bets should be voided.

Users who are viewing this thread