*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 32 - Pre-COVID-19 Edition ***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season 32 of The Amazing Race will debut on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, in the Survivor time slot the week following the Survivor 40 Winners at War season finale. Eleven new teams will begin their r

Bump for AR season 32 premiere tonight! Including a link to my favorite AR clip of all time.  I could watch this a million times and still LMAO. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfeTZNcA3g

No surprise tonight.  Maybe only surprise was how crappy that team reacted to being U-turned.   

• James Bond changed the title to *** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 32 - Premiers October 14 - New videos up ***
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PlayaHata said:

Bump for AR season 32 premiere tonight!

Including a link to my favorite AR clip of all time.  I could watch this a million times and still LMAO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfeTZNcA3g

That's a great one.

But my favorite is still the Water Slide fail with Flight Time and Big Easy.

"Don't do it...... I wouldn't do it......Don't hurt yourself, baby..."

7:45 mark  of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2FiXebApIk

Well, not shocking that Nathan and Cody were eliminated first. But it was surprising that the Olympians and Football players did so badly.

Looks like the volleyball players will be tough. Hard to believe that Chee and Hung won the leg after that goofy approach to the fish challenge.

• James Bond changed the title to *** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 32 - Pre-COVID-19 Edition ***
8 hours ago, shades said:

I think that was the first time I've ever seen Phil at the mat say "But you're still racing, here's your next clue!" to every team but one. Has the "Pit Keep Going" ever been an elimination?

Nope. This was the first time that a team was eliminated on a no-rest leg. Sucked for Nathan and Cody.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Nope. This was the first time that a team was eliminated on a no-rest leg. Sucked for Nathan and Cody.

We were wondering that. Couldn't think of it happening before.

I'm glad the NFL team made it through. I didn't think he'd ever get the steel drums.

I picked the Olympians as an early favorite but that was a rough start.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Michelle and Victoria were showing early signs of being the obnoxious team this season.

Totally. She mentioned something about the Korean team (something odd like that), him having to know piano and just acting like they were better than everyone else. It might just be that one sister that messed up the steel drums. The other one didn’t seem as bad and even kind of made fun of her for not doing well. 

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Totally. She mentioned something about the Korean team (something odd like that), him having to know piano and just acting like they were better than everyone else. It might just be that one sister that messed up the steel drums. The other one didn’t seem as bad and even kind of made fun of her for not doing well. 

Yeah, I was really hoping to watch that time bite it on the goat run 3 or 4 times, was pretty disappointed when they got it on the second try.

2 hours ago, The Tick said:

Yeah, I was really hoping to watch that time bite it on the goat run 3 or 4 times, was pretty disappointed when they got it on the second try.

I was hoping for the same.  She keeps failing and at least another team passes them.

After watching the Olympians blaze past those racing goats, I was surprised that they got eliminated so soon. They seemed like the best conditioned team. They just couldn't gain any ground after their first bad finish. Total opposite of D-Will and Gary who moved up from tenth to second and could have won the leg. Sweet make-up too.

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

After watching the Olympians blaze past those racing goats, I was surprised that they got eliminated so soon. They seemed like the best conditioned team. They just couldn't gain any ground after their first bad finish. Total opposite of D-Will and Gary who moved up from tenth to second and could have won the leg. Sweet make-up too.

I wasn’t surprised. They weren’t good at the challenges. Being fast helps if you are right next to people for a foot race but that’s pretty rare. I don’t recall a single challenge they finished really fast so they weren’t long for the game. The blonde sisters, nerds and father son haven’t impressed yet either so don’t think they’ll make it far compared to the rest of the teams.

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, stbugs said:

Chinese.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, The Tick said:

I haven't watched this week yet (and am studiously avoiding any further posts), but please let them be eliminated soon.  She was awful.  Maybe keep them for a couple of weeks for someone to root against, but I'd hate if they were there at the end.

Right now, most likable team is the NFL guys,  followed by the Chinese team.  I really want to root for the father/son, but damned if that Dad doesn't always look like he's sucking lemons.  Sorry to see the hillbillies go first round since it is probably the only chance they'd get to travel the world.

• Like 2

Interesting episode for showing the creation of the five team alliance. I thought that the statement by the beards that they trusted Will and James sounded like a set up for the exact opposite to happen. It looks like Will and James are getting a villain edit.

Not surprised to see Frank and Jerry get eliminated.

8 hours ago, Moonlight said:

No need to have used the U-Turn on Leo and Alana when you are first. Just created an enemy that will focus on your destruction.

Agreed.

And if you do use it, why waste it on one of the weaker teams when there are plenty of strong ones left?

18 hours ago, Moonlight said:

No need to have used the U-Turn on Leo and Alana when you are first. Just created an enemy that will focus on your destruction.

To be fair, if the father/son weren't completely incompetent, it would have worked... they could have taken a challenger from nearly second place all the way down to eliminated.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you drive around Paris for six and a half hours and not find the arcade? A hotel, a store, a travel agent? Someone must be able to help you find it relatively fast. Even the blonds found it faster and they had the speed bump. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, James Bond said:

How do you drive around Paris for six and a half hours and not find the arcade? A hotel, a store, a travel agent? Someone must be able to help you find it relatively fast. Even the blonds found it faster and they had the speed bump. 

Every season there are teams that refuse to stop and ask for help... I guess they think it makes them look weak to ask for help/directions :confused: 

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

I can only imagine the berating that really went on. I feel bad for Victoria, she seemed nice and I can sort of understand why she barely ever saw Michelle. Michelle just seems like someone you’d never want to be around. Just imagine what it would be like to date or marry her and her ego. She seemed like a terrible person, pretty sure she made an ethnic comment about Hung and Chee week 1.

Maybe some editing but I’m a little shocked they seemed to get closer during the show.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, snogger said:

Every season there are teams that refuse to stop and ask for help... I guess they think it makes them look weak to ask for help/directions :confused: 

Michelle seems like that type of person. She’d rather yell at her sister for not knowing where to go than seem weak and ask for help.

That said, I can’t even imagine driving around that long and not accidentally finding it. Paris is a big city but 6.5 hours is a long time.

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Michelle seems like that type of person. She’d rather yell at her sister for not knowing where to go than seem weak and ask for help.

That said, I can’t even imagine driving around that long and not accidentally finding it. Paris is a big city but 6.5 hours is a long time.

I agree. The blonds got lost on the way to the Chateaux, couldn't drive a stick properly, had the speed bump and still finished ahead of the other sisters.

I also enjoyed the people eating crow this week: 

James bragging about how he practiced driving a stick before the race and needing help just to get out of the parking garage. :shock:

Aparna bragging again about how smart she is and needing more than a dozen tries to finish the Art detour. :lol:

Edited by Mr. Mojo
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

I agree. The blonds got lost on the way to the Chateaux, couldn't drive a stick properly, had the speed bump and still finished ahead of the other sisters.

I also enjoyed the people eating crow this week: 

James bragging about how he practiced driving a stick before the race and needing help just to get out of the parking garage. :shock:

Aparna bragging again about how smart she is and needing more than a dozen tries to finish the Art detour. :lol:

Agreed. There are some seriously arrogant folks on the show. That art detour was one of the easiest challenges ever. It would have been one thing if there were 500 paintings and 100 people but it seemed like every painting had a person so it was just pick a painting with some obvious personal details and find them. Pick a guy in a hat or lady with gray hair and you eliminated 95%, remember the outfit color and shape and your looking for 1 person. I just can’t fathom how she took so many. I think that’s the difference between book smarts/memorization and actual problem solving/analytical smarts thrown in with a way too easy panic and lose all focus.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, stbugs said:

I bet the Survivor or Big Brother recruiters will be calling Michelle.

23 hours ago, bryhamm said:
23 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

didn't record for me.  odd

Same here.  Had to watch on cbs.com

Mine didn't either but I realized that I never deleted the originally planned showing of the episode that was preempted by election coverage.

So next week is going to be a "megaleg" with twice the roadblocks, twice the detours, and twice the distance. According to the website, there will be two episodes as well. Since there is only one non-elimination left (and they usually have that when there are four teams) it looks like two teams will go next week. This should be good!

Edited by James Bond
4 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

It would be hilarious if the blondes won this thing after three consecutive awful legs, two of which were non-elimination and one of which had a team that got ridiculously lost. 

They did well in Kazakhstan, though. 

I’ve come to like them a lot.  They’re always so positive, and I feel like they’ve gone through a lot in their short lives.  They’d don’t really deserve to win, but I couldn’t complain if they did.

The only team I’m rooting against at this point is the brother/sister, and it’s not like they’re bad, just boring.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of the AnnoyFriends Will&James?

Man, they are irritating. :angry:

Yes. After Michelle, they are my least favorites. Just annoying with all their oh we practiced this and are experts at that talk. Brother and sister team are so boring I just don’t care one way or another. The blondes are my favorite. They keep mentioning that they left home at like 15, so good on them for being good people with what probably wasn’t a good situation growing up.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, krista4 said:

I’ve come to like them a lot.  They’re always so positive, and I feel like they’ve gone through a lot in their short lives.  They’d don’t really deserve to win, but I couldn’t complain if they did.

The only team I’m rooting against at this point is the brother/sister, and it’s not like they’re bad, just boring.

We've not seen much from the brother/sister team given that they made it to F6 and are in the alliance of 5 teams. I guess they didn't give the producers and editors much to work with. 

The blondes are fun, very resilient... and lucky. But that can end in a second. I'd love it if they won though.

I think that the brother/sister are out next. They have finished 7-4-6-5-6-5-6 and are clearly at the bottom of the mine 5. But the previews highlighting the football players relationship with the others blowing up looks like classic mis-direction.

The next weakest team is Will&James. If they weren't part of the mine 5 they would be gone already. It was smart to glom onto the strong teams but that only goes so far when the numbers get small. They don't bring much to the table and have already used their U-turn. Pretty weak in the navigation department too. Can't wait to see them go.

• Like 1

The strongest imo is volleyball guys and why others team are helping get them to finals is poor play.  The other teams should gang up and u- turn them twice this week.  

On 11/20/2020 at 6:04 AM, krista4 said:

They've taken everything in stride and never seemed to get too bothered. Hard not to like them. Would be great if they win!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stlrams said:

The strongest imo is volleyball guys and why others team are helping get them to finals is poor play.  The other teams should gang up and u- turn them twice this week.  

I agree. They seemed like the obvious top pick the first week.