What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (3 Viewers)

Nerdy girl: "They shouldn't underestimate us, I have a Master's Degree from Harvard!"

Me: "Pretty impressive!"

Nerdy girl: ".... in poetry!"

Me: "What a waste"  :loco:  

How do you drive around Paris for six and a half hours and not find the arcade? A hotel, a store, a travel agent? Someone must be able to help you find it relatively fast. Even the blonds found it faster and they had the speed bump. 

How do you drive around Paris for six and a half hours and not find the arcade? A hotel, a store, a travel agent? Someone must be able to help you find it relatively fast. Even the blonds found it faster and they had the speed bump. 
Every season there are teams that refuse to stop and ask for help... I guess they think it makes them look weak to ask for help/directions :confused:  

I can only imagine the berating that really went on. I feel bad for Victoria, she seemed nice and I can sort of understand why she barely ever saw Michelle. Michelle just seems like someone you’d never want to be around. Just imagine what it would be like to date or marry her and her ego. She seemed like a terrible person, pretty sure she made an ethnic comment about Hung and Chee week 1.

Maybe some editing but I’m a little shocked they seemed to get closer during the show.

Every season there are teams that refuse to stop and ask for help... I guess they think it makes them look weak to ask for help/directions :confused:  
Michelle seems like that type of person. She’d rather yell at her sister for not knowing where to go than seem weak and ask for help.

That said, I can’t even imagine driving around that long and not accidentally finding it. Paris is a big city but 6.5 hours is a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelle seems like that type of person. She’d rather yell at her sister for not knowing where to go than seem weak and ask for help.

That said, I can’t even imagine driving around that long and not accidentally finding it. Paris is a big city but 6.5 hours is a long time.
I agree. The blonds got lost on the way to the Chateaux, couldn't drive a stick properly, had the speed bump and still finished ahead of the other sisters.

I also enjoyed the people eating crow this week: 

James bragging about how he practiced driving a stick before the race and needing help just to get out of the parking garage.  :shock:

Aparna bragging again about how smart she is and needing more than a dozen tries to finish the Art detour.  :lol:

I agree. The blonds got lost on the way to the Chateaux, couldn't drive a stick properly, had the speed bump and still finished ahead of the other sisters.

I also enjoyed the people eating crow this week: 

James bragging about how he practiced driving a stick before the race and needing help just to get out of the parking garage.  :shock:

Aparna bragging again about how smart she is and needing more than a dozen tries to finish the Art detour.  :lol:
Agreed. There are some seriously arrogant folks on the show. That art detour was one of the easiest challenges ever. It would have been one thing if there were 500 paintings and 100 people but it seemed like every painting had a person so it was just pick a painting with some obvious personal details and find them. Pick a guy in a hat or lady with gray hair and you eliminated 95%, remember the outfit color and shape and your looking for 1 person. I just can’t fathom how she took so many. I think that’s the difference between book smarts/memorization and actual problem solving/analytical smarts thrown in with a way too easy panic and lose all focus.

I bet the Survivor or Big Brother recruiters will be calling Michelle.

Why didn't they show more of James struggling while driving and eventually figuring out he was in 3rd. Seems fishy to me since they didn't show it and they caught up so quick.

So next week is going to be a "megaleg" with twice the roadblocks, twice the detours, and twice the distance. According to the website, there will be two episodes as well. Since there is only one non-elimination left (and they usually have that when there are four teams) it looks like two teams will go next week. This should be good!

It would be hilarious if the blondes won this thing after three consecutive awful legs, two of which were non-elimination and one of which had a team that got ridiculously lost. 

They did well in Kazakhstan, though. 

It would be hilarious if the blondes won this thing after three consecutive awful legs, two of which were non-elimination and one of which had a team that got ridiculously lost. 

They did well in Kazakhstan, though. 
I’ve come to like them a lot.  They’re always so positive, and I feel like they’ve gone through a lot in their short lives.  They’d don’t really deserve to win, but I couldn’t complain if they did.

The only team I’m rooting against at this point is the brother/sister, and it’s not like they’re bad, just boring.

Is anyone else sick and tired of the AnnoyFriends Will&James?

Man, they are irritating.  :angry:
Yes. After Michelle, they are my least favorites. Just annoying with all their oh we practiced this and are experts at that talk. Brother and sister team are so boring I just don’t care one way or another. The blondes are my favorite. They keep mentioning that they left home at like 15, so good on them for being good people with what probably wasn’t a good situation growing up.

I’ve come to like them a lot.  They’re always so positive, and I feel like they’ve gone through a lot in their short lives.  They’d don’t really deserve to win, but I couldn’t complain if they did.

The only team I’m rooting against at this point is the brother/sister, and it’s not like they’re bad, just boring.
We've not seen much from the brother/sister team given that they made it to F6 and are in the alliance of 5 teams. I guess they didn't give the producers and editors much to work with. 

The blondes are fun, very resilient... and lucky. But that can end in a second. I'd love it if they won though.

I think that the brother/sister are out next. They have finished 7-4-6-5-6-5-6 and are clearly at the bottom of the mine 5. But the previews highlighting the football players relationship with the others blowing up looks like classic mis-direction.

The next weakest team is Will&James. If they weren't part of the mine 5 they would be gone already. It was smart to glom onto the strong teams but that only goes so far when the numbers get small. They don't bring much to the table and have already used their U-turn. Pretty weak in the navigation department too. Can't wait to see them go.

The strongest imo is volleyball guys and why others team are helping get them to finals is poor play.  The other teams should gang up and u- turn them twice this week.  

krista4 said:
They've taken everything in stride and never seemed to get too bothered. Hard not to like them. Would be great if they win!

stlrams said:
The strongest imo is volleyball guys and why others team are helping get them to finals is poor play.  The other teams should gang up and u- turn them twice this week.  
I agree. They seemed like the obvious top pick the first week.

krista4 said:

I watched last 2 episodes last night and I still had to Google to figure out who was the brother sister team (eswar) 

They've taken everything in stride and never seemed to get too bothered. Hard not to like them. Would be great if they win!
Rooting for them too. But a really big long shot. May be helped by other teams not viewing them as threat.

Well the clock struck twelve and the blonde's luck ran out. Too bad. They just couldn't overcome the two yields. But they did have a great attitude.

Now that it's down to the mine five, it should be interesting. They have to stop helping each other and look out for number one. Looks like another u-turn next leg too.

James Bond said:
Well the clock struck twelve and the blonde's luck ran out. Too bad. They just couldn't overcome the two yields. But they did have a great attitude.

Now that it's down to the mine five, it should be interesting. They have to stop helping each other and look out for number one. Looks like another u-turn next leg too.
Blondes were good competitors. Now if they only had a sense of direction.

With the alliance its been harder to determine how good the other teams are since they have been helping either out so much.

You suspect that the volleyballers and maybe the gays are the teams to beat.

Blondes were good competitors. Now if they only had a sense of direction.
I was discussing this with my son. Yes, they may have had bad luck with drivers, but to be that lost consistently throughout the race, at least part of it had to be that they sucked at following and giving directions. 

Sorry to see the blondes go. They never played the victim card. 

That guy James seems like he is impersonating Richard Simmons channeling Liberace. 

Cheering for the volleyball guys. 

I was discussing this with my son. Yes, they may have had bad luck with drivers, but to be that lost consistently throughout the race, at least part of it had to be that they sucked at following and giving directions. 
And somehow as between the numbers/coding challenge and one that involved following directions, despite getting lost in every leg they chose the latter.  :loco:

I'm not sure how much they know about the detour they pick until they get to the one that they chose. 
They knew they would have to deliver meals within the city.  That should have been enough for them to know not to do it. 

They give them the basic info that they also read to us watching on TV.  It's how the brother-sister, for instance, were excited to do the one with the coding.

The one food delivery instructor was WAY harder to understand than the other. I struggle at home in a quiet environment sometimes with help desk people. I can't imagine trying to understand what he was saying outside with all that traffic noise.

Sorry to see the blondes go. They never played the victim card. 

That guy James seems like he is impersonating Richard Simmons channeling Liberace. 

Cheering for the volleyball guys. 
Both Will and James are such tools. They targeted Leo and Alana and the blondes for helping each other (basically being in an alliance which is what they started) and then have had to get help during just about every leg just to stay in the race. I think when it is all one, the blondes will be remembered as a decent and fun team while Will&James will be remembered as negative, pretty much incompetent losers. Hoping for the volleyball dudes to take it. They are consistently the best team.

Thought footballers made a mistake in not U-Turning one of the other stronger teams but as it turned out it they needed every minute of the Xtra time.

Hard to race when you have the other three teams against you but I think that the Big 3 alliance will be cautious about sharing information with each other as goal now is to just finish in top 3 and you do not care who gets there with you.

I am an episode behind but this is the one network show, Mrs and I just enjoy getting to see all these places, some we would not want to actually visit and others that make us want to plan a trip. Fun show, scripted for TV I'm afraid but I like to play along and watch. 

We also like some of those Sat Morning educational outdoor stuff like "Rock the Park" and there's an endless number of these 30 Minute REI infomercials  :D   where we can daydream about going to a National Park here in the good ole USA. 

No surprise tonight.  Maybe only surprise was how crappy that team reacted to being U-turned.  :cry:  
Yeah.  It always cracks me up when a team that is yields says "what a dumb move".  Uh, no it wasn't.  Sometimes it ends up being a wasted move, but in this case it directly ended up saving Gary/DeAngelo.

Thought footballers made a mistake in not U-Turning one of the other stronger teams but as it turned out it they needed every minute of the Xtra time.
Who could they have u-turned?  They didn't know where 2 of the teams were since they were doing the other challenge.  The volleyball guys were right behind them, so it would have been a waste to use it on them since they could turn around and use it on the brother/sister and neutralize it.  So, they used it on the one team that they KNEW was behind them ... just in case.

Who could they have u-turned?  They didn't know where 2 of the teams were since they were doing the other challenge.  The volleyball guys were right behind them, so it would have been a waste to use it on them since they could turn around and use it on the brother/sister and neutralize it.  So, they used it on the one team that they KNEW was behind them ... just in case.
It was a double u-turn. No one had used the u-turn yet so they very likely were there first. The volleyballers could use the other u-turn on bro/sis or whoever if they chose regardless, though it was very likely they would use on bro/sis.

Pip's Invitation said:
I wonder how much of that was “there is a secret alliance within our alliance and we just found out we’re not in it.”
Well, the people who u-turned them weren’t in the secret sub-alliance either.  They just seemed like poor sports.  There was something “off” about them to me all along, and that reaction confirmed it.  Happy for them to go away.

The challenges have been pretty lame this season. With a younger cast like this with really no old people, you'd think there would have been more strenuous challenges.

DeAngelo is not good at this. Hasn't been all season. They've been lucky to get this far because of the alliance. Without that, I don't think they have a shot. 
Absolutely. I thought that DeAngelo would be the savvy one and Gary would be a big stiff. But it's been the opposite. DeAngelo just doesn't have attention to detail. It's going to catch up with them eventually. Hopefully not before the boyfriends are out.

Users who are viewing this thread