Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump is Unfit?

Opie

20 minutes ago, The General said:

Such a GD embarrassment.  

This crisis was a (another) brass ring moment for him once again rise to the occasion and be a leader, yet he acts like this is a branding exercise for a new hotel opening.  Just when I thought I could not be more embarrassed to say he was our President he finds a whole new level.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Such a GD embarrassment.  

This crisis was a (another) brass ring moment for him once again rise to the occasion and be a leader, yet he acts like this is a branding exercise for a new hotel opening.  Just when I thought I could not be more embarrassed to say he was our President he finds a whole new level.  

He’s like the worse branding person ever. These big things he tries to pull are always cheesy and clumsy. 

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Such a GD embarrassment.  

I dont think even the most hardened Trump hater could even see him being THIS much of a buffoon and epic failure.

I hope we survive his stupidity, as well as all the morons he's put around him.

Edited by skycriesmary
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Roy L Fewks said:

I like the part where he has to look down at the bible to try and figure out which side goes up, and then still holds it upside down. :lol:

It's not upside down, though.  Here's a pic with the spine in clear view where you can see it's right-side up.  And you can see in the C-Span feed (skip to the 5:18 mark) that shows the full photo op, that he holds it that way for the picture (not without some fumbling first).  That said, I've never seen anyone hold a book so awkwardly in my life.  It's an odd sight.

Edited by SlaX

Just now, That one guy said:

Are we sure this isn’t an ad for a reboot of 3rd Rock From The Sun?

No, that show was funny, and John Lithgow would make a far better leader, even if he went full Lord Farquaad. Trump's antics are once again a complete embarrassment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dickies said:

He came out of hiding for this?  

:lmao:

And pushed back a peaceful protest, medical and church personnel apparently as well...all with tear gas and flash bangs.  So he could take photos like that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Who gives a damn how someone is holding the bible?  You people take the cake.

I think most are making fun of it...not saying its some major thing.  But the takeaway from supporters or people that are mocking anyone criticizing him seem to focus on that.

The main issue was the photo op and the tactics used to create that pandering.  That he acts quite odd or unsure what to do is just the part that is sort of funny.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Seriously the gassing and shooting citizens peacefully protesting with rubber bullets so he could take an awkward picture of him holding a Bible is a bit more troubling. 

Edited by The General
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, The General said:

Seriously the gassing and shooting citizens peacefully protesting with rubber bullets so he could take an awkward picture of him holding a Bible is a bit more troubling. 

Which is what most have said...the defense seems to only focus on how he is holding things and people making fun of that...

37 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Those complaining about how he's holding the bible.

He brandishes. I could have easily been replaced with a gun the way he was holding it. While just stomping out first amendment rights and his fellow citizens for a photo op. 

It's grotesque. It's amazing you are minimizing it. Christianity should not be a weapon or a propaganda tool. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Exactly. I bet the peaceful protesters that were hit with flash bangs and tear gas for nothing but being in Trump's way don't care how he held the Bible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
5 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Are you proud of what he did yesterday? Does that sort of display fill your heart with joy?

Are you proud that the church was burned down?  

No, not at all.

(See how quick and easy that is?)

(Also, see how sad it is that such a thought would even cross the minds of Trump supporters? Why would anyone think like that?)

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

He gave a great speech.  Trump usually makes me proud to be an American yes.  Best President of my lifetime.

Don't dodge the question.  Are you proud that he dispersed peaceful protestors - people he claimed to stand with during that speech just moments before - with tear gas and flash grenades so he could cross the street for that photo op at the church?  Yes or no.

Just now, Get It.......At Porky's said:

Don't dodge the question.  Are you proud that he dispersed peaceful protestors - people he claimed to stand with during that speech just moments before - with tear gas and flash grenades so he could cross the street for that photo op at the church?  Yes or no.

He did no such thing.

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
7 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

No, not at all.

(See how quick and easy that is?)

(Also, see how sad it is that such a thought would even cross the minds of Trump supporters? Why would anyone think like that?)

Your questions were equally as bad IMO.  

I don't think you realize how awful this makes you look.

I asked if someone was proud of a speech and photo op.

You asked if someone was proud of a church being burned down.

Then, you said the two questions were equal.

Edited by [scooter]

Just now, [scooter] said:

Well, I find in disingenuous and disgusting that you claim it was for a photo op.

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:
2 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Well, I find in disingenuous and disgusting that you claim it was for a photo op.

You are engaging in a logical fallacy here. I didn't mention "photo op" in my original post, so it could not have been the reason why you thought my question was equal to a question about burning down a church.

42 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Are you proud that the church was burned down?  

I think it's necessary to point out it was not burned down. I was heartbroken over it when it was happening though and definitely feared that would happen. I'm thrilled and thankful the DCFD got there.

However it being saved, rather than attending service there the following Sunday, at the church's invitation - we swept aside peaceful protestors, from a public park, then trespassed on private church property, then engaged in an act of blasphemy and disrespect. That's my feeling about it. I don't know if this is about Trump's "unfitness", maybe it belongs here, maybe it doesn't. The deep seated emotional issues he has about his being reported as having been shuttered in a bunker for protection and turning out the White House lights may have lit the fuse of humiliation within him. That, and his complete contempt for the Constitution, maybe is about his unfitness also, but it's the weird way he was not socialized (the holding of the Bible...) and his emotional instability and inherent lashing out against his own weakness which is the real issue under this I think.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2