Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump is Unfit?

17 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

“Hold officers accountable who use excessive force. But there’s no evidence of widespread racial bias.”

”a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

Quite frankly, any excessive force towards anyone at all needs to be stopped, and there is absolutely racial profiling that goes on with cops. But my point still stands. Demilitarize and retrain the police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Supporting the church by ejecting the clergy and surveying the scene by not surveying any of the damage or hardly even looking at the church.

I just named the five items again, without googling.  Since its been nearly 15 hours, I got an additional 10 points. My doctor crapped his pants on the spot and a dozen nurses genuflected, offering th

President Trump tells Brian Kilmeade it was a false report that he was taken to the underground bunker amid protests, though he confirms he did go to the bunker. He says he went in the day and it was

4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Quite frankly, any excessive force towards anyone at all needs to be stopped, and there is absolutely racial profiling that goes on with cops. But my point still stands. Demilitarize and retrain the police.

Demilitarizing is huge. The Bush years and the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars years were horrible, with law enforcement all over the country stocking up and spending taxpayer money on all kinds of surplus heavy weaponry. Every cop doesnt need to be equipped like theyre in special forces.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

“Hold officers accountable who use excessive force. But there’s no evidence of widespread racial bias.”

”a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

Does the article provide the same stat for other races? If not, it's not very helpful. Also, it's kind of race-baity -- basically turning the argument into "us vs. them", which is part of the reason why people are protesting in the first place.

Edited by [scooter]
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Todd Andrews said:

Demilitarizing is huge. The Bush years and the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars years were horrible, with law enforcement all over the country stocking up and spending taxpayer money on all kinds of surplus heavy weaponry. Every cop doesnt need to be equipped like theyre in special forces.

Yet now Bush wants to play armchair QB

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Yet now Bush wants to play armchair QB

Hey guess what admitting mistakes is a quality of a good leader.  This nonsense that because someone changed their mind from 15 years ago, they are compromised is part of the problem today since there’s a good chance he’s actually learned something from the results of his policies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

“The police”?

Or a few idiots?

If we go down that path, then there's the problem of departments and unions protecting bad cops, of which Chauvin was one. Bad cops should not be tolerated, yet there's this idea of "protect our guy," which is not right if they've done something illegal. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

If we go down that path, then there's the problem of departments and unions protecting bad cops, of which Chauvin was one. Bad cops should not be tolerated, yet there's this idea of "protect our guy," which is not right if they've done something illegal. 

I know a lot of cops.  By and large, they know exactly who the "problem" officers are.  Rarely is anything done to root them out or expel them unless/until something like this happens.  Most of them are highly devoted to being cops - I won't speculate as to the reasons.  Most are effective and hit whatever numbers/objectives are given to them.  It's also a highly insular/unionized profession, as you mentioned.  There's never been a massive impetus to dismiss these types of officers.  Hopefully, now there is.  That's why these protests are so important.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

President Trump tells Brian Kilmeade it was a false report that he was taken to the underground bunker amid protests, though he confirms he did go to the bunker. He says he went in the day and it was "more for an inspection." "I was there for a tiny, short little period of time."

--

:lmao: 

Come on, man. He just thinks so little of his supporters. Just thinks they are complete idiots.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

President Trump tells Brian Kilmeade it was a false report that he was taken to the underground bunker amid protests, though he confirms he did go to the bunker. He says he went in the day and it was "more for an inspection." "I was there for a tiny, short little period of time."

--

Come on, man. He just thinks so little of his supporters. Just thinks they are complete idiots.

Well they spend how long defending it that it was secret service that took him down there and so on....

17 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well they spend how long defending it that it was secret service that took him down there and so on....

Wow!

You were there? You and all the others here that are telling us what happened in the bunker and how it happened?
How is it that you guys are privy to this information and others aren't?

Please...clue us in.
Just how is it that so many members of this forum KNOW what happened?

....or....are you guys simply filling in the blanks to fit your own narrative?

I'm asking because I want to be included in your field trips backstage during President Trump's activities ....that's all.

Edited by Opie
4 minutes ago, Opie said:

Wow!

You were there? You and all the others here that are telling us what happened in the bunker and how it happened?
How is it that you guys are privy to this information and others aren't?

Please...clue us in.
Just how is it that so many members of this forum KNOW what happened?

....or....are you guys simply filling in the blanks to fit your own naarrative?

Thanks for the snark...I was responding to what Trump is actually saying here.  Seems the ones who work on things to fit their narrative again had the rug pulled out from under them. It happens quite often...spend a day or so defending something Trump did or said...have it come out the next day where he denies it at all or changes the reasoning.

Then play victory when people were pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed...all the while still ignoring the people that were affected by the tactics and people who were forcibly removed from Church property so he could take a picture.

13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Thanks for the snark...I was responding to what Trump is actually saying here.  Seems the ones who work on things to fit their narrative again had the rug pulled out from under them. It happens quite often...spend a day or so defending something Trump did or said...have it come out the next day where he denies it at all or changes the reasoning.

Then play victory when people were pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed...all the while still ignoring the people that were affected by the tactics and people who were forcibly removed from Church property so he could take a picture.

Seriously...someone here has access to President Trump's personal diary and a backstage pass to all of his activities.

I cannot count the number of posts that deal with "what REALLY happened" and what the President was thinking at the time.

C'mon....help a brother out.
Let me go with you guys next time or at the very least, let me sneak a peek at that diary!

Edited by Opie
12 minutes ago, Opie said:

Seriously...someone here has access to President Trump's personal diary and a backstage pass to all of his activities.

I cannot count the number of posts that deal with "what REALLY happened" and what the President was thinking at the time.

Let me go with you guys next time or at the least, let me sneak a peek at that diary!

Im going off what Trump said in what I had quoted before you chimed in...so take the snark elsewhere please.

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Im going off what Trump said in what I had quoted before you chimed in...so take the snark elsewhere please.

No.

You and others are constantly posting about "Trump hiding in a bunker" and have posted about President Trump's true intentions.

Now, you (and many others here) either have access to insider information...OR....you (and many others here) are simply posting lies in order to put the narrative in the light you want them to be seen.

Which is it?

Edited by Opie
4 minutes ago, Opie said:

No.

You and others are constantly posting about "Trump hiding in a bunker" and have posted about President Trump's true intentions.

Now, you (and many others here) either have access to insider information...OR....you (and many others here) are simply posting lies in order to put the narrative in the light you want them to be seen.

Which is it?

I don't totally understand your argument. Do you believe him that he was inspecting the bunker?

2 minutes ago, Opie said:

No.

Now, you (and many others here) either have access to insider information...OR....you are simply posting lies in order to put the narrative in the light you want them to be seen.

Which is it?

I don't believe I posted much of anything about him hiding in a bunker...much less "constantly".  So Id ask you not to make false claims about me.

Now I, responded to a post that cited what Trump told Brian Kilmeade...saying he was not taken to the bunker by Secret Service.

So to claim I was posting lies...is also very incorrect...though, I suppose I could have responded to a lie since it was something Trump said.  That has a very good chance that he lied about it.

In short...quit making false accusations about me and things you simply can't back up in order to try and argue...not very excellent.

53 minutes ago, whoknew said:

--

"Hey can we go inspect the bunker?" :lol:

• Like 5

I mean...it seems we are unable to question Trump.

First he claimed there was no danger...if anyone had breached the line and fence, weapons and dogs and all that.  He was all good in the WH.

The next we hear he was in the bunker and the lights were apparently actually out at the white house.

Now...we hear, no, he was just inspecting it.

But yeah...its the fault of those who criticize him...not for the multiple positions Trump takes on an issue.

40 minutes ago, Opie said:

Let me go with you guys next time or at the very least, let me sneak a peek at that diary!

Frankly, you don't really need access to his diary or a backstage pass.  Between what's been caught on hot mics and what he tweets, it's not all that difficult to fill in the blanks.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, whoknew said:

--

They never let Trump down.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I don't totally understand your argument. Do you believe him that he was inspecting the bunker?

You see...here's the difference...please pay attention.

I don't know.
I wasn't there.
Therefore, I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

Instead....we get something like...

Oh hell no.
He was HIDING there because he is a COWARD.
He didn't want anything to do with the collapse of society so he BEGGED the Secret Service to hide in in the most secure location that they could find.
They locked him in the bunker with a box of Pampers, a bottle of water, and a bowl of kibble and would come out only after Melania assured him that everyone likes him.

You were obviously there so we'll go with your assertion of events.

21 minutes ago, killface said:

I honestly believe that he is weakest, tiniest, fearful president we have ever had

Yeah...he dealt with China like a weak, fearful coward...didn't he?
He bent right over and cracked a smile...right?

Much weaker than any other POTUS

Edited by Opie
5 minutes ago, Opie said:

You see...here's the difference...please pay attention.

I don't know.
I wasn't there.
Therefore, I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

Instead....we get something like...

Oh hell no.
He was HIDING there because he is a COWARD.
He didn't want anything to do with the collapse of society so he BEGGED the Secret Service to hide in in the most secure location that they could find.
They locked him in the bunker with a box of Pampers, a bottle of water, and a bowl of kibble and would come out only after Melania assured him that everyone likes him.

You were obviously there so we'll go with your assertion of events.

Well some things are so patently stupid that I'm willing to dismiss them altogether. Like the fact that he was inspecting the bunker. That's idiotic. And I honestly didn't believe anyone would think its true.

As for whether I think he was a coward for going to the bunker - I have never said that. I think he's a coward, yes. But going to the bunker has nothing to do with it. I would like to think I would have stayed in the oval office if I were President but I reckon the Secret Service can be forceful so I don't fault him for listening to them.

What is really at issue here, though, is his (and many of his followers) stupid definition of what being "manly" is. Trump - and many followers - think he's this macho alpha stud male. And that's what being a man is. And as a result, any criticism that he was in the bunker hurts his fragile ego.

The truth is he doesn't embody any characteristics that make a man. Other than (I assume) very basic genitalia. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Well some things are so patently stupid that I'm willing to dismiss them altogether. Like the fact that he was inspecting the bunker. That's idiotic. And I honestly didn't believe anyone would think its true.

As for whether I think he was a coward for going to the bunker - I have never said that. I think he's a coward, yes. But going to the bunker has nothing to do with it. I would like to think I would have stayed in the oval office if I were President but I reckon the Secret Service can be forceful so I don't fault him for listening to them.

What is really at issue here, though, is his (and many of his followers) stupid definition of what being "manly" is. Trump - and many followers - think he's this macho alpha stud male. And that's what being a man is. And as a result, any criticism that he was in the bunker hurts his fragile ego.

The truth is he doesn't embody any characteristics that make a man. Other than (I assume) very basic genitalia. 

Yes...cowards are infamous for sticking to their beliefs and making decisions whether that pisses off people on all sides or not..

A coward is more someone who panders to one side or the other, depending on the situation.

Edited by Opie
13 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Sounds like a lot of woofing. 

Granted, he already started and lost a trade war with China, so he really can't do any more.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The police aren’t trained to kill innocent people 

They basically are.

More than a year before a Minneapolis police officer, Derek Chauvin, pinned George Floyd to the ground in a knee chokehold, Mayor Jacob Frey banned “warrior” training for the city’s police force.

Private trainers across the country host seminars, frequently at taxpayer expense, teaching “killology” and pushing the notion that if officers aren’t willing to “snuff out a life” then they should “consider another line of work.” Frey explained that this type of training — which has accompanied the increasing militarization of the police over the last few decades — undermined the community-based policing he wanted the city to adopt after a string of high-profile killings in the region.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/melissasegura/police-unions-history-minneapolis-reform-george-floyd

25 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Innocent 

You quoted the word

When cops are taught that they are "warriors" and that getting home safely and helping other members of their clan do the same thing is more important than anything else, perception of threat is all that matters. Besides, police don't ever decide who is guilty and who is innocent. They deal in "suspects", "subjects", "persons of interest", and increasingly "threats".

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

When cops are taught that they are "warriors" and that getting home safely and helping other members of their clan do the same thing is more important than anything else, perception of threat is all that matters. Besides, police don't ever decide who is guilty and who is innocent. They deal in "suspects", "subjects", "persons of interest", and increasingly "threats".

Who teaches cops they are warriors? And you call them a clan. Wow

2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Who teaches cops they are warriors? And you call them a clan. Wow

The training people that get hired to teach cops to be warriors.

And I meant clan in the sense of tribalism. Perhaps the choice of words wasn't ideal.

1 hour ago, Opie said:

Yes...cowards are infamous for sticking to their beliefs and making decisions whether that pisses off people on all sides or not..

A coward is more someone who panders to one side or the other, depending on the situation.

You mean like praising china one minute...then bashing them the next because he was taking criticism?

You mean like being called weak and hiding...then coming out...having police clear a path so he can take a picture that panders to people?

Himm...seems he panders to one side or another depending on things quite often there.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, whoknew said:

--

The habitual, compulsive lying is a thing, but it's weirdest when he seems to believe it himself.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, joffer said:

"Hey can we go inspect the bunker?" :lol:

“Yes...I know we’ve been here 3 and a half years, but i want to do it THIS weekend...okay?”

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Get It.......At Porky's said:

You forgot to say "unbelievable." 

j/k - no offense intended, I just see you say that a lot.  :lol:

Yep, considering some of the hate posted in this forum. What alias are you?

4 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Yep, considering some of the hate posted in this forum. What alias are you?

Pretty obvious when a guy with 10 posts is already taking pot shots at other posters.  Never understood why they allow this.