What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty League Trade Help (1 Viewer)

Hullj18

Footballguy
Hello all!!

I need some help! I am in a dynasty league, where our draft is only with incoming rookies, and its not a snake draft.  I was offered this trade yesterday, and want to know if I should accept it.  I have mid level RB's ( Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams, Tevin Coleman, Alex Collins), so keep that in mind!

I give up: 5th Overall Pick

He gives up: 11th overall pick, and Derrick Henry

So, we swap first round picks, and I get Derrick Henry.

Thanks all!!!

Do you have a RB you think is better than Henry available at the #5 pick?  Personally I would accept that offer as I think Henry will be very good next year.  There isn't anybody I am in love with for the #5 pick that I know will be better than Henry.  I would rather have the asset that I have seen perform well at the NFL level and you still get a late 1st rounder in a fairly deep draft. 

I think I make that deal.

That was my thinking.  The guy I love, who I think I can get at 11, is Ronald Jones, and I think I can get him at 11.  My only thing is, its tough trading away before the draft, and Im not sure about Murray.  I think Henry will have a bigger role, but will it be big enough?  Also, they guy i would trade with, has won the league 2 out of the last 3 years.

Take that deal.  TEN got rid of their HC, so the new coach is probably more likely to give the keys to Henry.  Well worth giving up the 5th pick on that alone.  You aren't getting Barkley, Chubb or Guice with that pick.  Adding the 1.11 is gravy.

Seems like Henry's consensus value is around the 1.05 straight up, if not higher.  So this is 1.11 for free.

If you think Ronald Jones is going to be there at 11 then you're dead wrong, I'd be willing to bet on that. 

That said, Henry will get the lion share of the workload in the future it seems, and 1.11 is a nice piece to grab BPA when it comes to your turn and the hope would be the next Kamara/Hunt obviously.  I'm not a fan of Henry but I'd make the deal and try to flip him and another piece for a stud RB.  

At 1.05 you are likely missing the "top" 3-4 backs.  Henry is lightly used thus far, but has proven to have explosive capability at the pro level.  Vrabel should bring a different approach to the Titans.  Also, Henry is underrated as a receiving threat.  For those reasons and a few more, this is a solid value for you.  

Users who are viewing this thread