What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (3 Viewers)

The Duels are usually forgotten come Sunday but I think moving the Clash to the road course makes the Duels a little more intriguing.

My only rooting interest is for one of the small teams to bump out Austin Cindric in the 5th Penske but that's pretty unlikely.

:drive:

Woohoo

Any good sleeper wagers for the race on Sunday.  The luckbox element of the race makes for some juicy odds.

-QG

there needs to be prop bet that pays you off if Rick Ware Racing is able to get a sweep of the last 4 finishing spots.

-QG

I am so out of touch with this sport.  I had no clue about them tossing down dirt at Bristol until I heard Clint and Jeff talking about it late in yesterday's broadcast (which I watched all of like 12 minutes of).  I suppose I get the novelty of racing on dirt, but what I don't get is why such an iconic track as Bristol?  Will they be racing outlaw type cars, or the base car with some possible tire and splitter mods?  Lastly, will there be "ringers" like road courses (does a guy like Tony Stewart still race anything and everything and could he be in the field)?  I suppose NASCAR accomplished what they are looking for here as I am intrigued and will likely watch at least some racing all weekend (as I see several drivers are racing multiple events all weekend).  

I am so out of touch with this sport.  I had no clue about them tossing down dirt at Bristol until I heard Clint and Jeff talking about it late in yesterday's broadcast (which I watched all of like 12 minutes of).  I suppose I get the novelty of racing on dirt, but what I don't get is why such an iconic track as Bristol?  Will they be racing outlaw type cars, or the base car with some possible tire and splitter mods?  Lastly, will there be "ringers" like road courses (does a guy like Tony Stewart still race anything and everything and could he be in the field)?  I suppose NASCAR accomplished what they are looking for here as I am intrigued and will likely watch at least some racing all weekend (as I see several drivers are racing multiple events all weekend).  
LOVE they are doing it at Bristol. It is, I believe, the smallest track they go to so makes sense they would do it there.

These are not "Outlaw" cars being used, they are the Regular Nascar cars slightly modified for dirt.
Of course will be some "Ringers" running, much like the Road Courses. But seeing as these are Nascar cars, and not Outlaw cars, not sure there is such a thing as a "Ringer".  

Very excited for a change..Yesterday's race was a snoozefest until the last 10 laps..
These 1 1/2 mile tracks( Vegas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Texas, etc.)  are becoming boring. Not sure what Nascar can do to liven them up but, other then restarts, there isn't much to watch for until the last 20 laps or so.

Should be interesting weekend.. Probably the first time I'll tune in to Practices that start Friday at 2pm..
Then Saturday they have Qualifying races going on.. 3:30pm CST for Trucks, 5pm CST for Nascar.. With the Truck race at 7pm.

I haven't ever watched a truck race, but might tune in for this one.

:drive:

Last edited by a moderator:
@bobpockrass: NASCAR says the Bristol dirt postponement is "due to overnight weather and forecast (and) the Sullivan Co. flood warnings and safety concerns." ... trucks at noon ET Monday on FS1, Cup at 4pm ET Monday on FOX @NASCARONFOX

What a disaster. Hyped this race up for months and mother nature had other plans. Also concerning to hear about the tire issues.

Hope this isn't another Indy debacle. 

My prediction is we are going to get cautions throughout because of "track issues" I don't see how this track is going to hold up. 

I feel like they chose Bristol strictly because of the precipitous fall off in the Spring race attendance.  We'll see how it goes today.

-QG

I feel like they chose Bristol strictly because of the precipitous fall off in the Spring race attendance.  We'll see how it goes today.

-QG
They are finally getting smart in trying different things rather then the same old race schedule.. Many "Road courses" this year, plus this is adding some excitement back.. If only they could look to make changes to the Cookie Cutter 1 1/2 mile tracks ( Vegas, Texas, Kansas, Atlanta, etc.) to make them more exciting.

Speaking about the Dirt race... Read an article yesterday saying Tony Stewart was trying to get them to do this on his track. When Nascar decided to go to Bristol, Tony got so ticked off he canceled the Nascar Truck race that was suppose to be at his track.. Way to cut yourself off from money there Tony. :lol:

I’m new to NASCAR, nephew somehow progressed from playing with Hot Wheels to the cup series. Me, Dad, and brother in law took the nephew and my son to Texas 2 years ago and we had a blast. Really thought the dirt track race was fun. Interesting to see rubber accumulated on dirt, seeing the grooves form on the track, the visibility issues. Amazed to see guys like Truex run races back to back. God job NASCAR.

That was fun to watch, but probably sucked to be a driver though 
There was a 20 minute period where, due to the sun setting, the drivers couldn't see anything. thought for sure they would red flag it until the sun set. At one point Busch could be heard on the Radio " I can't see a bleeping thing.. I can't even see the car in front of me! ".. Then they showed a view from behind one of the drivers.. They were completely blind on that one stretch :eek:  

But overall, what I heard from drivers after the race was "man, that was fun!!!" 

Kyle is such a piece. When he wins its I drive hard, I drove smart.. Me, me, me!!

He crashes/loses .. My team sucks, they can't figure anything out.. They, they, they!

Was fun listening to the crowd cheering when he crashed out :lol:  

Kyle is such a piece. When he wins its I drive hard, I drove smart.. Me, me, me!!

He crashes/loses .. My team sucks, they can't figure anything out.. They, they, they!

Was fun listening to the crowd cheering when he crashed out :lol:  

Hard to believe Joe Gibbs puts up with him. 

LFG!!! (A rain-shortened, plate track) Bump for Bubba :thumbup:

ETA: I know they don't use plates anymore

The Clash moves to a temporary short track in the LA Coliseum this Sunday.  Fox has given it a ton of promo during the football broadcasts.

It has a fair chance of being a total fiasco but I guess it's worth a shot to try something different. The season opening exhibition race is usually forgettable anyway.

The fantasy league site looks like it's going to be back up before Daytona. I'll revive the league if there's interest.

No idea who won last year.

The fantasy league site looks like it's going to be back up before Daytona. I'll revive the league if there's interest.

No idea who won last year.

I made a late season run but don't recall who won. I would be interested again. Thank you.

It's tough to tell for sure based on very short practice sessions and single car qualifying runs. The track does look really narrow; I don't know how passes are going to get done without moving guys out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread