Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 NASCAR Real & Fantasy Thread (www.drivergroupgame.com, League ID 1686, password:fbgffanascar)

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Injuries are non life threatening, just heard announcement on presspass

I finally won one! 

Ugh Did not want to see that punk win the title -QG

Send $12.95 to cpzeck at yahoo dot com via PayPal (gift) or Venmo.  Please don't put fantasy league in the description field.

If you haven't PMed me your email address, please do so I can set up the Fantrax league.

1 minute ago, Eephus said:

Send $12.95 to cpzeck at yahoo dot com via PayPal (gift) or Venmo.  Please don't put fantasy league in the description field.

If you haven't PMed me your email address, please do so I can set up the Fantrax league.

sending monies now... can you have 2 email addys on fantrax?

I don't particularly like the guy and don't think NASCAR will allow the Toyotas to dominate like last year but the Denny Hamlin clone seems like the obvious pick here.

The last six picks are like a spotter at Martinsville saying outside outside outside for 500 laps.

1    .    10    dal_boys_phan - Elliott
2    .    01    dal_boys_phan - Keselowski
2    .    02    Davinci - Elliott (2)
2    .    03    quizguy66 - Keselowski (2)
2    .    04    comfortably numb - Hamlin
2    .    05    eephus - Hamlin (2)
2    .    06    cheeseypoof
2    .    07   belljr
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill
2    .    09    E Street Brat
2    .    10    The Man With No Name
3    .    01    bigsteelthrill
3    .    02    cheeseypoof
3    .    03    eephus
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan
3    .    05    The Man With No Name
3    .    06    belljr
3    .    07    Davinci
3    .    08    quizguy66
3    .    09    E Street Brat
3    .    10    comfortably numb

@cheeseypoof

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, cheeseypoof said:

@Eephus

Can you re-explain the fourth driver and how that's going to work.

First 3 drivers (the drafted guys) are locked in.  Are we allowed to switch out the 4th guy weekly?

Yes.  Even with the clones, I don't think there's a fair way to have a four round draft without a big talent dropoff.  I also thought it would keep up more interest if we at least have the option of making some in-season moves.

The drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 will be locked in to the teams that drafted them.  All remaining drivers will be free agents available to any and all teams.  Every team could conceivably run Dick Trickle for the same race week.  There's no maximum number of races for your 4th driver.  You can run the same guy all year if you want to or if you're lazy.

I think Fantrax can handle this if we run it as a salary cap league and assign the drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 a high salary value.

• Like 1
Just now, Eephus said:

Yes.  Even with the clones, I don't think there's a fair way to have a four round draft without a big talent dropoff.  I also thought it would keep up more interest if we at least have the option of making some in-season moves.

The drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 will be locked in to the teams that drafted them.  All remaining drivers will be free agents available to any and all teams.  Every team could conceivably run Dick Trickle for the same race week.  There's no maximum number of races for your 4th driver.  You can run the same guy all year if you want to or if you're lazy.

I think Fantrax can handle this if we run it as a salary cap league and assign the drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 a high salary value.

Great.  Thanks

Just now, cheeseypoof said:

Great.  Thanks

I'm winging it on the rules.  I searched around a bit before to see if anybody else had published rules for a H2H NASCAR league but I couldn't find anything.

• Like 1

@belljr up

1    .    01    The Man With No Name - Truex
1    .    02    E Street Brat - Larson
1    .    03    bigsteelthrill - Kyle Busch
1    .    04    belljr - Harvick
1    .    05    cheeseypoof - Truex (2)
1    .    06    eephus - Larson (2)
1    .    07    comfortably numb - Kyle Busch (2)
1    .    08    quizguy66 - Harvick (2)
1    .    09    Davinci - Johnson
2    .    06    cheeseypoof - Bowyer
2    .    07   belljr
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill
2    .    09    E Street Brat
2    .    10    The Man With No Name
3    .    01    bigsteelthrill
3    .    02    cheeseypoof
3    .    03    eephus
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan
3    .    05    The Man With No Name
3    .    06    belljr
3    .    07    Davinci
3    .    08    quizguy66
3    .    09    E Street Brat
3    .    10    comfortably numb

Cheeseypoof's Bowyer pick guarantees that no teams will have the same #1 & #2 driver lineup :thumbup:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Eephus said:

I don't particularly like the guy and don't think NASCAR will allow the Toyotas to dominate like last year but the Denny Hamlin clone seems like the obvious pick here.

The last six picks are like a spotter at Martinsville saying outside outside outside for 500 laps.

@cheeseypoof

Like the Hamlin picks - a lot. 

Debated Hamlin vs. Keselowski pretty intently as my 2nd pick at 2.01 after Elliott (as I assumed correctly that both of the Harvicks would be gone before my pick).

28 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

:thumbup:

Jones was a rookie last year, switched to JGR and just slid into Matt Kenseths' ride.

He was the best Tier C pick in the Yahoo game last year so I was really careful about when I used his ten races.  It seemed like he ran 15th every time I picked him though.  So I expect big things from him this year without me weighing him down for 1/4 of the season.

tbh I like Keselowski better than Harvick but figured there was no way the one remaining Harvick would slide all the way to 13.  Thought it unlikely both Keselowskis and Hamlins would go 9-10-11-12 (would have taken Elliott in that case).  It worked out the way I wanted.  

Suggestion for next year: only the top 5 should have clones - this takes the sting out of being in the back of the line in both rounds 1 and 3.  In this scenario no need to randomize round 3 imo.

Hope you all have collective amnesia and leave me someone good at 28.

-QG

52 minutes ago, Eephus said:

When making the rules, I did a quick & dirty count and figured with less than ten clones, there would be a big dropoff before the end of round 3.  We'll see how it plays out.

no worries :)  just my thoughts this first time around :)

-QG

16 hours ago, Eephus said:

@dirtyhalos

I hope you know what this all means.

Round 1 & 2 complete.  All clones except Austin Dillon have been picked.  Erik Jones and Clint Bowyer are also unavailable

1    .    01    The Man With No Name - Truex
1    .    02    E Street Brat - Larson
1    .    03    bigsteelthrill - Kyle Busch
1    .    04    belljr - Harvick
1    .    05    cheeseypoof - Truex (2)
1    .    06    eephus - Larson (2)
1    .    07    comfortably numb - Kyle Busch (2)
1    .    08    quizguy66 - Harvick (2)
1    .    09    Davinci - Johnson
2    .    06    cheeseypoof - Bowyer
2    .    07   belljr - Johnson (2)
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill - Jones    
2    .    09    E Street Brat - Blaney
2    .    10    The Man With No Name - Blaney (2)

• Eephus changed the title to 2021 NASCAR Real & Fantasy Thread (www.drivergroupgame.com, League ID 1686, password:fbgffanascar)