What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (1 Viewer)

Crazy that the #78 is losing his current ride, but glad he ended up at JGR.  Feel sorry for Suarez though.
Furniture Row's accomplishment that will be looked at like Kulwicki's by future NASCAR historians (if the sport has a future but that's another post).  I know they got a lot of technical support from Gibbs and TRD but you rarely see satellite teams competing for top 5s much less the championship.  Racing is a tough business even when you're winning.

Suarez will have a ride as long as he has Arris money.

I made one mistake that cost me the league scoring lead... Suarez over Logano.  And I sat there and debated it.  But Joey is a total nozzle!
True that about Logano.  And as things have turned out I'm probably lucky that I had a later draft spot - if I had choice of anyone I wanted I would have had a worse team.  Got super lucky with Almirola.

-QG

Eephus said:
RIP David Pearson
A great driver - his numbers were all the more astounding has he hardly - if ever - ran a full time schedule.  If he had he very well might have won more than The King.

-QG

A great driver - his numbers were all the more astounding has he hardly - if ever - ran a full time schedule.  If he had he very well might have won more than The King.

-QG
The Grand National (now Cup) series calendar was ridiculous in those days.  The 1969 season was 54 races in 54 weeks.  I don't know where the extra 2 weeks came from.  They had mid-week programs at short tracks with guys risking their necks for peanuts.  Bobby Isaac won $1000 for winning the 1969 Pickens 200 in Greenville, SC.  The purse is listed down to 10th place (Ervin Pruitt finished 19 laps down and received $260).

The Grand National (now Cup) series calendar was ridiculous in those days.  The 1969 season was 54 races in 54 weeks.  I don't know where the extra 2 weeks came from.  They had mid-week programs at short tracks with guys risking their necks for peanuts.  Bobby Isaac won $1000 for winning the 1969 Pickens 200 in Greenville, SC.  The purse is listed down to 10th place (Ervin Pruitt finished 19 laps down and received $260).
Yeah it was a nuts schedule - but I think Pearson was a lot more selective with his races than Petty was - ah here we go from Wikipedia:

"he won three championships (1966, 1968, and 1969) every year he ran the full schedule in NASCAR's Grand National Series (now Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series).[1] NASCAR described his 1974 season as an indication of his "consistent greatness"; that season he finished third in the season points having competed in only 19 of 30 races.["

105 wins in 574 stars.  366 top tens.

For comparison's sake - Petty had 200 wins (yeah it was really 199 - that firecracker win he had like a Jet Engine in the car (slight exaggeration)) in 1072 races (for these purposes I lopped off the last 4 years of Petty's career where he didn't have a single top-5 finish.  If you include those he ran 1184 races.

I mean in 1973 he entered only 18 of the 28 races...and won 11 of them!  (He finished 13th in points).  Petty was next with 6 wins (he ran all 28 races)...and finished 5th in points.  Benny Parsons won the title with 1 win (and only leading 374 laps all year) - anyway when people complain about the current NASCAR championship and want to go back to "The Good Old Days" this is exhibit A in why they are all wet.  (exhibit B is the fact that many years were runaways and even in the competitive years all but like 4 cars were out of it for the championship by the last third of the season).

Ultimately an underrated legend IMO.

-QG

RkTeamW-L-TGBFPts

1 Quizguy66 28-6-2 0 4115

2 The Man With No Name 24-11-1 4.5 4040

3 comfortably numb 24-12-0 5 3911

4 Cheeseypoof 21-15-0 8 3883

5 bigsteelthrill 19-15-2 9 3802

6 dal_boys_phan 13-23-0 16 3757

7 DaVinci 13-23-0 16 3546

8 eephus 12-23-1 16.5 3585

9 E Street Brat 12-24-0 17 3383

10 Junior Racing 11-25-0 18 3378

Congrats @QuizGuy66

Winnings sent

RkTeamW-L-TGBFPts

1 Quizguy66 28-6-2 0 4115

2 The Man With No Name 24-11-1 4.5 4040

3 comfortably numb 24-12-0 5 3911

4 Cheeseypoof 21-15-0 8 3883

5 bigsteelthrill 19-15-2 9 3802

6 dal_boys_phan 13-23-0 16 3757

7 DaVinci 13-23-0 16 3546

8 eephus 12-23-1 16.5 3585

9 E Street Brat 12-24-0 17 3383

10 Junior Racing 11-25-0 18 3378

Congrats @QuizGuy66

Winnings sent
:thanks:  

-QG

I had fun watching Kyle Larson this year, even though the points weren't there.  Hamlin had a very similar season but wasn't half as much fun at the #42.

William Byron had a totally forgettable rookie year.  He finished 23rd in points, in between the JTG entries.  The #24 ought to get more than four top 10s.

The rule of the free agent slot needs to go back to the shop for some tuning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping @Eephus was willing to run it again.
I renewed the league in Fantrax. 

It looks like Fantrax can handle stage points this year but it's unclear how we could work these into league scoring.

The lack of parity in NASCAR was a big problem last year, even with 10 players.  I couldn't think of a better system than the ten clones we used last year but if somebody else has an idea, bring it on.

I renewed the league in Fantrax. 

It looks like Fantrax can handle stage points this year but it's unclear how we could work these into league scoring.

The lack of parity in NASCAR was a big problem last year, even with 10 players.  I couldn't think of a better system than the ten clones we used last year but if somebody else has an idea, bring it on.
I’m in a group on www.drivergroupgame.com

Driver Group Game website

It’s similar to how Yahoo ran their fantasy NASCAR.  3 pools of drivers, start 1 A, 2 B and 1 C driver each week with a max of 7 starts per driver.  You earn points based on the drivers performance, including stagepoints.

I believe it’s free.  We could have more than 10 teams since we wouldn’t be drafting drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There doesn't seem to be enough interest in doing the draft league again and we're running out of days for a draft anyway.

I'd be down with the pick 'em league that @cheeseypoof posted above but not for money.

IN.  I lost interest in this sport over time and the old Yahoo League was what kept me hanging on.  The 🙂 moji next to the league name is a nice touch.  

Users who are viewing this thread