What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (6 Viewers)

Trump shouldn’t be impeached for being a cheating douchbag.   He’s been that his whole life.  But, those that support him should look closely at the man he is.  Which is a total piece of ####.   As in the worst type of human being to walk around, never mind hold the highest office in the world.  

The fact that he was elected was smelling salts to the rest of the world about just how ####ed up America truly is.  It is shocking.  
It's just beyond commenting. When I was in Toronto I wish when people asked where I was from I could've said something else other then PA and USA. I was embarrassed. The people who support Trump no matter what probably would've rode Hitler's Jock to the end too. The good thing with Trump is I've found out some of the people I know to be the fame people they truly are now that they feel no need to hide their real feelings anymore. It was also shocking to see how many people I knew support this clown. 

Nope. Sorry. Unless someone quotes or links me personally to a post, i'll assume they are not talking about me.

Therefore, no blood on these hands. 
However your very pro guns and your deflection of Trump issues represents you in the terms of a Trump supporter by association there fair or not. I've been lump in groups myself fair or not as well. Just something we should all be aware of when we associate with certain groups or things. 

However your very pro guns and your deflection of Trump issues represents you in the terms of a Trump supporter by association there fair or not. I've been lump in groups myself fair or not as well. Just something we should all be aware of when we associate with certain groups or things. 
Yeah, probably not best to have unique opinions on different issues. I should be all the way right or all the way left.

This is why we are having the problems we have.

Really?

You claim that anyone against death should be against guns. And then post that discussing DUI in a shooting thread is idiocy? 

Do you put any thought into your posts? 
I have never claimed that anyone against death should be against guns, you obviously just like to make things up.

It's easy to post inaccuracies and claim someone else isn't putting thoughts into their post.

I have never claimed that anyone against death should be against guns, you obviously just like to make things up.

It's easy to post inaccuracies and claim someone else isn't putting thoughts into their post.
I'm lumping all anti gun people together as one collective voice. It's how things work here. 

It's just like how Trump supporters think all people against Trump are Liberals when it's far from the truth.

i guess it was naive of me to think you understood the concept of "under oath"
He has a right to uphold the constitution and the way we are going he's ####ting all over it. Funny how Conservatives had their panties all in a fizzle about Obama apparently "####ting on it without proof" but we have numerous proof of Trump doing it. When white people feel they are threatened they are more ok with an authoritarian type dictator such as Trump who they believe speaks for them. 

It's just like how Trump supporters think all people against Trump are Liberals when it's far from the truth.
I know people who hate Trump who are republicans. In fact my friend who is a big time republican and his whole family are switching to Independent. Not all Republicans like Trump. It's funny because the Trump supporters think all the Military personnel agree with Trump and them too. That's by far not even the case. Theres some who could care less about politics, others who can't stand Trump especially his inflammatory remarks yesterday and then theres those who hate being used as political tools to either side to get an agenda across. The people who are so pro military see someone in the military with different beliefs it's amazing how their pro military switches to anti military especially when the person is of different ethnicity other then caucasian. 

You must be a vegetarian? 

Of course I've killed something with a gun. But killing an animal and harvesting it's meat for food is no different than having a steak at Outback.  
So you did it because your family would have gone without food. Good to know. I thought you did it because you enjoy hunting. 

He has a right to uphold the constitution and the way we are going he's ####ting all over it. Funny how Conservatives had their panties all in a fizzle about Obama apparently "####ting on it without proof" but we have numerous proof of Trump doing it. When white people feel they are threatened they are more ok with an authoritarian type dictator such as Trump who they believe speaks for them. 
Just for the record, Trump doesn't speak for me. Nor does anyone else.

And I voted for Obama. Sorry to burst that bubble. Quit lumping every person that has a left leaning opinion as Liberal and everyone with a right leaning opinion as Conservative. Concentrate on the topic and the solutions. 

So you did it because your family would have gone without food. Good to know. I thought you did it because you enjoy hunting. 
Can't it be both?

I supplemented our groceries with deer meat for about 10 years. My kids rarely ate ground beef unless it was from a restaurant. 

Just for the record, Trump doesn't speak for me. Nor does anyone else.

And I voted for Obama. Sorry to burst that bubble. Quit lumping every person that has a left leaning opinion as Liberal and everyone with a right leaning opinion as Conservative. Concentrate on the topic and the solutions. 
:lmao:  thanks for the laugh coming from the guy who deflects and stays off topic constantly. Aren't you the ones who tried to bring DUI's into the debate on guns? You might want to practice what you preach before telling others to stay on topic. 

:lmao:  thanks for the laugh coming from the guy who deflects and stays off topic constantly. Aren't you the ones who tried to bring DUI's into the debate on guns? You might want to practice what you preach before telling others to stay on topic. 
I'm using alcohol as a comparison to gun regulation. You want to ##### about what a horrible president we have. 

I'd caution the anti gun people as they look for solutions. If you give the pro gun crowd nothing to compromise on, then you will see an increase in NRA membership. If they have everything to lose, then they have nothing to lose. 

Depends on what's being killed. 

You really don't see the difference. You're happy eating a happy meal, but you give very little thought about the process. 
Well if you want to remain happy eating that happy meal, it's best to not think about the process very much.   :X

Matthias said:
Have you done anything to stem the evils or pervasiveness of alcohol? Or just used it as a distraction from discussions about guns?

You obviously haven't listened to anything anybody has told you here.
Yes. The same things that people are proposing I do about gun control. 

It changed nothing.

Matthias said:
The US, once upon a time, tried an experiment where they completely banned alcohol. And it didn't work out. Maybe try an experiment banning guns, or even limiting them in reasonable ways, and see how that works out.
100 years ago. There were lots of things different about this country 100 years ago. 

Why do you think a ban on guns will be any more successful? 

Depends on what's being killed. 

You really don't see the difference. You're happy eating a happy meal, but you give very little thought about the process. 
 So the difference between killing to feed your family and killing for the joy of it depends on what is being killed? Give me some examples.

Me, I will not be hunting again until October.  I will likely fish four or five times a month between now and then, keeping (killing and eating) some, though by no means all, that I catch.  Most of the fish I catch will be released immediately.  If I know I am not going to be keeping anymore fish in a day I change to barbless hooks, but I have no illusions that the fish are unharmed by the experience, though they do survive catch and release. 

Come falI I will take several birds, pheasants and geese mostly, and then will seek to fill tags on whitetail and antelope.  I did not seek an elk tag this year and likely will not. 

When very young I cried seeing my first kill.  I certainly lamented my first kill.  The killing still makes me a bit melancholy.  That said, I eat meat and I particularly enjoy wild game, probably because I was raised on it.  Returning from any hunt I have some mixed emotions.

The hunting culture I was raised with dies with me.  I have not passed it on.  I do not imagine I have many years left doing the activity, but who knows what the future will hold. 

I did stalk black bear this weekend.  They are emerging with their cubs and are fun to observe, from a distance, when they do.  I am not one to hunt predators or rare game and there is no season now anyhow, but I sure do enjoy watching the little ones.  I was only able to find one sow and her cub.  This was a sow I have followed for a few years now.  When younger she produced two and one time three cubs, now, and for the last three years but the one.  She is not as robust as she was when first I observed her.  I wonder how long she will last.

(I am not as robust as when I first observed that sow.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does American need a military that is 300% larger than the next largest?  Because the easiest way to prevent someone from starting a war with you is to be massively bigger than them.  

Works the same way on a small scale as well.  I live in the south and I would guess 1 in 5 homes in my neighborhood have an AR in them.  Home break not common in my area.  Would you feel more comfortable robbing homes where you knew the house was unarmed or they had an AR15 with a short barrel and a flashlight on the front?
How does the potential home robber KNOW you have an AR? Do you put out signs or have stickers on the windows?

Also I’m guessing that most potential home robbers are looking to rob houses when they think no one is home.

Imagine me, an ethos that allows taking elk, mule deer, white tail, antelope, turkey, geese, pheasants, grouse, and rabbits but who finds it wrong, for himself at least, to hunt bear, sheep, goats and moose, not to mention cats.  Also I am fine with snaring rabbits to eat and risking that I get something else, but I would never participate in fur trapping as I love knowing there are beaver, mink, and martins aplenty out there, not to mention badger, linx, and wolverines.

I am thinking of getting and training up one last dog.  Perhaps I could stay active through her hunting life.  Thinking a springer spaniel.  I have had labs, a golden, a shepherd (not for hunting) and a spaniel and the spaniel was the best I ever had.  I wonder if the experience is repeatable, or was just a fluke of circumstances.

I did stalk black bear this weekend.  They are emerging with their cubs and are fun to observe, from a distance, when they do.  I am not one to hunt predators or rare game and there is no season now anyhow, but I sure do enjoy watching the little ones.  I was only able to find one sow and her cub.  This was a sow I have followed for a few years now.  When younger she produced two and one time three cubs, now, and for the last three years but the one.  She is not as robust as she was when first I observed her.  I wonder how long she will last.
That's awesome. Thanks for this.

I'm using alcohol as a comparison to gun regulation. You want to ##### about what a horrible president we have. 
I didn't actually bring him up in the first place someone else did. I was adding to that part of the discussion. I also added how Trump won't do anything because he took 30M in donations from the NRA for his campaign while you continue to try and deny the NRA has any part of why we can't get any gun regulations done. So I think the President has a part in this discussion. 

I'd caution the anti gun people as they look for solutions. If you give the pro gun crowd nothing to compromise on, then you will see an increase in NRA membership. If they have everything to lose, then they have nothing to lose. 
People have given them stuff. We are allowing them to keep their hunting guns and their 9MM and other handguns. We're just taking the military style like weapons away. If that's not something someone can compromise on then they have a really big issue and maybe shouldn't be owning guns in the first place. Maybe if you went into this with an open-end rather then using the same fear tactics other gun owners are fed you would see that. There's a minority who want to take all guns away and something the Pro gun people put ut there constantly for fear tactics. The NRA also feeds fake news fear tactics to it's members constantly as well. A majority don't want to take all guns away. Just take the ones that only should be used if you want to go play army man or maybe only can use on a shooting range with a certified licensed range to carry those arms. We also want to limit magazine sizes, keep guns away from people like domestic abusers and such as well.  

Do you realize Trump is violating the constitution by telling NFL players to stand? Under a Supreme Court order more then 50 yrs ago th Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to force people to stand for the flag. 

Matthias said:
Haven't people already spent 50+ pages showing what a horrible analogy you have?
I find it funny how he uses that but denies how the NRA and politicians have anything to do with the current gun violence in our country. 

Me, I will not be hunting again until October.  I will likely fish four or five times a month between now and then, keeping (killing and eating) some, though by no means all, that I catch.  Most of the fish I catch will be released immediately.  If I know I am not going to be keeping anymore fish in a day I change to barbless hooks, but I have no illusions that the fish are unharmed by the experience, though they do survive catch and release. 

Come falI I will take several birds, pheasants and geese mostly, and then will seek to fill tags on whitetail and antelope.  I did not seek an elk tag this year and likely will not. 

When very young I cried seeing my first kill.  I certainly lamented my first kill.  The killing still makes me a bit melancholy.  That said, I eat meat and I particularly enjoy wild game, probably because I was raised on it.  Returning from any hunt I have some mixed emotions.

The hunting culture I was raised with dies with me.  I have not passed it on.  I do not imagine I have many years left doing the activity, but who knows what the future will hold. 

(I am not as robust as when I first observed that sow.)
Yum.  They make great burgers. 

How does the potential home robber KNOW you have an AR? Do you put out signs or have stickers on the windows?

Also I’m guessing that most potential home robbers are looking to rob houses when they think no one is home.
Most home invasions occur by people you either know or from the neighborhood or by people posting on social media about going away for a few days or extended leave. In rare instances is a home robbery done when someone is home and many occur against elderly people who can't defend themselves anyway. Most robberies are no where close to what is portrayed in movies or tv though. And very rare that the robber is caught what was stolen is rarely found. It's a nice idea but a dog can be just as useful as an AR. Especially if they are a trained guard dog or a territorial breed. Honestly if you feel the need to own a high capacity gun like an AR for home defense 1) I'm gonna question who you associate with to have that fear and 2) what neighborhood you live in and 3) maybe you aren't mentally stable enough to own such things to begin with. 

That's awesome. Thanks for this.
It's weird.  I swear it is the same bear every year.  It is the same denning site.  that said from what I know of black bears from my boyhood in Wisconsin the females usually keep their yearlings through one winter and so only go into heat every other year.  This female seems to push them out on their own very young and then become available every year.  either that or I am witnessing two females, maybe a mother and a daughter use the same denning site, but I do not think so. At any rate this site is on a ridge above a big snow glade and they slip and slide down it and then clamber back up for a few days before eventually abandoning the den for the summer.   

Imagine me, an ethos that allows taking elk, mule deer, white tail, antelope, turkey, geese, pheasants, grouse, and rabbits but who finds it wrong, for himself at least, to hunt bear, sheep, goats and moose, not to mention cats.  Also I am fine with snaring rabbits to eat and risking that I get something else, but I would never participate in fur trapping as I love knowing there are beaver, mink, and martins aplenty out there, not to mention badger, linx, and wolverines.

I am thinking of getting and training up one last dog.  Perhaps I could stay active through her hunting life.  Thinking a springer spaniel.  I have had labs, a golden, a shepherd (not for hunting) and a spaniel and the spaniel was the best I ever had.  I wonder if the experience is repeatable, or was just a fluke of circumstances.
I'll admit I'm no hunter or an expert on that or dogs but I think the type breed is only important if you are hunting certain game and what not. There seems to be certain breeds of hunting dogs that are great experts in one area but not great for other areas of hunting. I would maybe decide on what I wanted to hunt and then try to find the specific breed that has worked best for that. If you don't think or know if you'll be lasting hunting the entire time they could years wise maybe suggest a dog that you could maybe home breed after (Not sure if that's possible). Just a suggestion. 

I think we've found the answer we've been looking for...I know most of the teenagers I know all hang out at the grocery store....all seems to make sense now.../thread

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

During a meeting last week with local pastors, Republican Rep. Diane Black raised the issue of gun violence in schools and why it keeps happening. "Pornography," she said. "It’s available on the shelf when you walk in the grocery store."

haha...grocery store...me thinks she may be just a bit out of touch with reality.  

Users who are viewing this thread