What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (8 Viewers)

Do you ignore the power of leadership in driving behaviors that otherwise would be unthinkable?
No. You try to make change. But, only someone lacking in mental ability would take those behaviors and act out in a violent manner. 

What are you even talking about? Nobody has said it would be justified. Of course people control their own actions. People can, and are, still heavily influenced. I have no idea what your point even is.
My comment was in response to people saying things like "thanks Trump". 

Have there been Democratic leaders that have made public statements about Trump. Have they said things that would make someone who is mentally unstable take action? Is that the fault of the Democratic leaders or the person. If it happened, would it be acceptable to say "thanks Pelosi"?

No. You try to make change. But, only someone lacking in mental ability would take those behaviors and act out in a violent manner. 

Have there been Democratic leaders that have made public statements about Trump. Have they said things that would make someone who is mentally unstable take action? Is that the fault of the Democratic leaders or the person. If it happened, would it be acceptable to say "thanks Pelosi"?
Do you see no difference between a politician and a marginalized group of people?

This is completely tone deaf on a number of levels and I can’t even begin to address it. 

You demonize a group for years, particularly the president, with the platform he has, and encourage violence routinely, you create a climate conducive to violence. Fault can be attributed to more than simply the actor. 

There’s a lot of things I’ll absolutely say “Thanks Trump” for, including emboldening and normalizing white supremacists, who were already a distinct identified threat.

This is completely tone deaf on a number of levels and I can’t even begin to address it. 

You demonize a group for years, particularly the president, with the platform he has, and encourage violence routinely, you create a climate conducive to violence. Fault can be attributed to more than simply the actor. 

There’s a lot of things I’ll absolutely say “Thanks Trump” for, including emboldening and normalizing white supremacists, who were already a distinct identified threat.
It's  amazing how far they will go to defend him...it's beyond ridiculous to not put the two together.  He emboldens these people and this will continue to escalate.

I do.

Do you? Weren't you the one that said "Thanks Donald"?
I sure was. Which is why I can lay blame at the feet of politicians who guide policy and influence opinion, while not accepting that immigrants should be verbally attacked by the same feeble minded politicians.

Why don't you just cut through the noise. Are you really suggesting that Trump wants citizens of this country to commit mass murder against Hispanic people in this country?

If so, please provide a link. Otherwise, it's just more noise. 

It's  amazing how far they will go to defend him...it's beyond ridiculous to not put the two together.  He emboldens these people and this will continue to escalate.
I'm defending this:

Why don't you just cut through the noise. Are you really suggesting that Trump wants citizens of this country to commit mass murder against Hispanic people in this country?

Careful with your generalizations of "these people".

He doesn't care is the point...he is the only one that knows whether he wants it to happen or not.  He certainly creates a platform that allows these people to truly believe what they are doing is right

The worst thing you can do is dehumanize groups of people and he does that practically every day.  It's not surprise that his supporters go out and shoot people that they don't even see as human anymore

I don’t think he thinks that deeply. If he stopped to think about it, I don’t think trump would care a while hell of a lot about violent reactions. But no one is suggesting he wanted it - I’m suggesting he owns responsibility for hatred that he influences.

Very weak response. Not worth addressing. And not remotely what I said. Don’t put words in my mouth, I no longer have any interest in engaging with you. Have a good day.

I sure was. Which is why I can lay blame at the feet of politicians who guide policy and influence opinion, while not accepting that immigrants should be verbally attacked by the same feeble minded politicians.
Why stop at politicians. What about rap artists that sing about shooting cops? 

The problem is, people don't know the difference between discussion and action. Regardless of opinion, it's never okay to murder other people. 

Why stop at politicians. What about rap artists that sing about shooting cops? 

The problem is, people don't know the difference between discussion and action. Regardless of opinion, it's never okay to murder other people. 
Because rap artists have the ear of very few people...he is the president for crying out loud.

There isn't songs about killing cops on the radio every day

Very weak response. Not worth addressing. And not remotely what I said. Don’t put words in my mouth, I no longer have any interest in engaging with you. Have a good day.
And there it is. 

You guys should stop pretending that you want honest conversations. 

At least answer the question before you go. 

Everyone wants to name a boogeyman other than the guy that pulled the trigger.
I absolutely agree the shooter is first and maybe solely responsible. But we obviously have some kind of sickness as a society right now and maybe since the late 90s. I'm really not sure what's going on, it's just brutal to see our country go through this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Hitler's generals and soldiers carry any of the burden of the atrocities? 

Or were they innocent?
You are the one claiming that only the person that pulls the trigger is responsible.  That no responsibility lies with those that create the culture that leads to the atrocities

For those that believe Trump carries some of the responsibility for these shootings, what percentage is Trumps and what percentage is the shooters'

Users who are viewing this thread