Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

USA Shootings


randall146

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Start?

Yeah.  I think a well adjusted society should always trend towards strict gun laws.   You know, like every liberal democracy outside of America has done.  The 2nd amendment is antiquated and written for a society defending homesteads and ####.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KCitons said:

I'm not a fan of Trump. Whether my candidate wins or not, I always hope for the best from the President of our country. I don't agree with things he says. And yes, some of the things he says are not positive. But, I don't believe that he carries the responsibility for the deaths caused by this shooter.

It's okay that we don't agree on this. 

Carries responsibility?  I agree.  He doesn’t.  

But he is definitely part of the problem.  His rhetoric is absolutely toxic.  He’s not a good person.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KCitons said:

I'm not a fan of Trump. Whether my candidate wins or not, I always hope for the best from the President of our country. I don't agree with things he says. And yes, some of the things he says are not positive. But, I don't believe that he carries the responsibility for the deaths caused by this shooter.

It's okay that we don't agree on this. 

:high five:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I accidently clicked on unignore.  Not sure what the point of the function is anyway if you are quoted in every other post in here.  ;)

 

If I remember right, you HAD suggested all these, but then said that the solution is mental health after all your research you did.  Didn't you say that you were against bans and modifications of these sorts and we just need to focus on UBCs and mental health?

KC is one of the best Trump supporters (GOPers?) on the board.  I wouldn’t ignore him.  

My two cents. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I accidently clicked on unignore.  Not sure what the point of the function is anyway if you are quoted in every other post in here.  ;)

 

If I remember right, you HAD suggested all these, but then said that the solution is mental health after all your research you did.  Didn't you say that you were against bans and modifications of these sorts and we just need to focus on UBCs and mental health?

Yes. I did. 

I said that I don't think those things will reduce the number of mass shootings. The only way you fix that is through mental health. Perhaps I should change the term from mass shooting, to mass killing, since I believe people determined to kill people will still find a way to act out.

So, what I'm left with is trying to figure out a way to appease people on both sides. (why, I'm not really sure) In order to do that, I would compromise on things like magazine capacities and assault rifle calibers. 

I've said it multiple times, I don't think anyone else here is looking for a win-win situation where everyone supports a solution. Most people are just trying to shove different levels of bans down peoples throats. That's a good way to swing support back to the NRA. 

And I don't believe that you just uningnored for one post. Deep down, you really like me. :hifive: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Yeah.  I think a well adjusted society should always trend towards strict gun laws.   You know, like every liberal democracy outside of America has done.  The 2nd amendment is antiquated and written for a society defending homesteads and ####.  

 

If I was a true Trump supporter, I would tell you to "love it or leave it". ;)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Yes. I did. 

I said that I don't think those things will reduce the number of mass shootings. The only way you fix that is through mental health.

If you’re wondering why most here either have you on ignore or refuse to engage with you, this is one of the reasons (the other is your ridiculous analogies). Mental health isn’t the only reason and you know it. You’ll do whatever argumentative gymnastics it takes to protect your rights to own guns. We are no more mentally ill than other nations, but we do have more guns than anyone. It’s the main issue. If you were willing to admit that, maybe more people around here would take you seriously. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least Trump and Pence offered up thoughts and prayers. Goody.

We'll have another mass shooting before the end of August and they can send some more thoughts and prayers. I really hope I'm not among those gunned down next time, because the very idea of that white supremacist claiming to think and pray for me makes me want to throw up.

And lets be real, we all know that turd neither thinks nor prays.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

What the hell is 8chan ?? Is it code for 4chan or is it 8chan? Is there a 12Chan? What the hell is happening

I had the same question. I learned from an article that you can't Google it because it has been de-listed from their search results. 

From some of the descriptions it seems to be an online swamp of humanity. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:
26 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

What the hell is 8chan ?? Is it code for 4chan or is it 8chan? Is there a 12Chan? What the hell is happening

I had the same question. I learned from an article that you can't Google it because it has been de-listed from their search results. 

From some of the descriptions it seems to be an online swamp of humanity. 

"8chan" is really "Infinitychan", and as I understand it was an offshoot created after the 4chan owner/founder cooperated with police in the past. Could be wrong, though. Basically, 8chan is often where the truly extreme reside.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

Terrible analogy. 

They didn't ban people from flying on planes. They just added a level of security through additional screening. (IE a universal background check)

Tell you what.  I’m going to use the 5A like you use the 2A.

The govt is depriving me of my property without due process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Guy came into the pizza shop wearing a "Friends of NRA" shirt today.

Had to bite my tounge and not yell "NOT A GOOD DAY TO WEAR THAT SHIRT!!"

That's what he wanted you to do. Good on you for not indulging him. 

Another mass murder via a gun.  Ho hum, nothing to be done.  So. Much. Winning.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I accidently clicked on unignore.  Not sure what the point of the function is anyway if you are quoted in every other post in here.  ;)

 

If I remember right, you HAD suggested all these, but then said that the solution is mental health after all your research you did.  Didn't you say that you were against bans and modifications of these sorts and we just need to focus on UBCs and mental health?

I’m sure one of these times you unignore the same person he will suddenly make logical arguments.  Please at least stop quoting him.  Thanks.

I spent some time with representatives of Everytown for Gun Safety today seeing how they could best use my volunteer time.  I’d like to stop this madness instead of talking to gun worshipers about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

I'm not a fan of Trump. Whether my candidate wins or not, I always hope for the best from the President of our country. I don't agree with things he says. And yes, some of the things he says are not positive. But, I don't believe that he carries the responsibility for the deaths caused by this shooter.

It's okay that we don't agree on this. 

That is tough for me but I do think Trump has tapped into and pressed the button on anger, hate, rage, fear and callousness. It's one thing when a Youtuber is doing that, it's another when the Preisdent is. That is validating those feelings and ideas at the highest level. It's a major problem IMO. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

That's what he wanted you to do. Good on you for not indulging him. 

Another mass murder via a gun.  Ho hum, nothing to be done.  So. Much. Winning.

 No, I’m assured we can get these guys before they start mowing people down.  The solution is obviously to arrest them before they commit the crime.  

Think Minority Report.  That is the answer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Honestly, all the gun law talk is pointless. This was decided after Sandy Hook. If we weren't going to change after that, we won't ever. 

Probably but at least we can say we tried.  

I’m sure it won’t matter one iota but I’d like to think that when I’m gone I was on the right side of history.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Honestly, all the gun law talk is pointless. This was decided after Sandy Hook. If we weren't going to change after that, we won't ever. 

Right?  Gun control is just a silly concept.  We tried it before and it had no positive impact.  

 

Oh, wait.....we've never attempted any sort of gun control here?  Huh. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Right?  Gun control is just a silly concept.  We tried it before and it had no positive impact.  

 

Oh, wait.....we've never attempted any sort of gun control here?  Huh. 

I believe in sensible gun reform. I don't believe that the people of this country really are though or at least don't believe they are willing to take the steps towards it. If a bunch of little kids and their teachers being slaughtered at their elementary school right before Christmas won't inspire us to make a change, what could possibly do it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Right?  Gun control is just a silly concept.  We tried it before and it had no positive impact.  

 

Oh, wait.....we've never attempted any sort of gun control here?  Huh. 

It was tried (at least partially):

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Honestly, all the gun law talk is pointless. This was decided after Sandy Hook. If we weren't going to change after that, we won't ever. 

 

This. Sandy Hook has made me numb to basically all future shootings.

A classroom of 5 year olds got murdered and people still argue that they need their AR15(or AK's, or whatever. If it wouldn't look out of place as a primary weapon in the hands of a soldier on a modern battlefield, I shouldn't be able to buy one)  for "hunting" and "home protection" and "in case the government tries to subdue the people" and that they're in the right because of a document written 250 years ago.

Criminals will still find a way to commit murder.  3D printing technology will make obtaining these weapons (or modifications for these weapons) much easier regardless of legislation. But every time we make things just a LITTLE bit harder, lives are saved. If some crazy person can't buy his murder machine at Wal-Mart, (or some unregulated gun show on a random Saturday in the airport Marriott ballroom)  maybe.....just maybe....he gives up. Or maybe he tries to go outside the law to do it (by popping onto the dark web or whatever) putting himself on the law enforcement radar just a LITTLE bit earlier (maybe allowing him to be stopped)

But yeah, none of this is going to happen. So whatever. 

 

Edited by TLEF316
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

If the 8chan document is confirmed, El Paso will be the third mass shooting announced on 8chan in advance in less than six months, targeting Muslims, Jews, and Latinos respectively. On 8chan right now, the suspect is being cheered as “our guy”

8:04 PM · Aug 3, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

:loco:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And what has most of the conversation about Newtown been since the massacre? The human equivalent of leeches denying it ever happened and directing harrassment towards the parents of the murdered children and the parents of the kids wanting to just be left alone. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ShamrockPride said:

:loco:

Right, who are these people on 8chan? WTF is going on with people. Why are there people who feel so isolated and removed from society that they can cheer something like this on. It makes me actually think about some the stuff Charles Manson said during his trial. He said the kids he took in were the ones that we discarded. Parents, even the President of United States discarded kids and left them aimless and unwanted. He said there were millions more coming- jetisoned by society and family with nowhere to turn. He might not have been so wrong. We seem to have some kind of underbelly of society sitting in plain sight that want to see society destroyed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

 

This. Sandy Hook has made me numb to basically all future shootings.

A classroom of 5 year olds got murdered and people still argue that they need their AR15(or AK's, or whatever. If it wouldn't look out of place as a primary weapon in the hands of a soldier on a modern battlefield, I shouldn't be able to buy one)  for "hunting" and "home protection" and "in case the government tries to subdue the people" and that they're in the right because of a document written 250 years ago.

Criminals will still find a way to commit murder.  3D printing technology will make obtaining these weapons (or modifications for these weapons) much easier regardless of legislation. But every time we make things just a LITTLE bit harder, lives are saved. If some crazy person can't buy his murder machine at Wal-Mart, (or some unregulated gun show on a random Saturday in the airport Marriott ballroom)  maybe.....just maybe....he gives up. Or maybe he tries to go outside the law to do it (by popping onto the dark web or whatever) putting himself on the law enforcement radar just a LITTLE bit earlier (maybe allowing him to be stopped)

But yeah, none of this is going to happen. So whatever. 

 

I agree.  It goes back to what I said about Trump. He's not responsible persay but also everytime a person of authority gives validity to hate, anger, prejudice or general contempt for others, it makes it a little easier for people to justify their worst ideas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

And what has most of the conversation about Newton been since the massacre? The human equivalent of leeches denying it ever happened and directing harrassment towards the parents of the murdered children and the parents of the kids wanting to just be left alone. 

Yep.  It's made clear the worst of the human condition.  GB Leonard Pozner and others for making everything even worse for themselves to try to stop these ####### #######s.

But yeah, I've thought now for years that if shooting up a bunch of 5-6-year-old babies didn't matter, then none of it will.  I don't know why we even engage in the conversation.  Just accept that this is who we want to be, apparently.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, caustic said:

Breaking: Police responding to active shooter in Dayton, Ohio; reports of multiple victims https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1157888598110289920?s=21

Multiple area hospitals reporting they have numerous victims spanning from Miami Valley Hospital to Kettering Hospital in Dayton shooting: https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1157888598110289920?s=21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EYLive said:

We'll have another mass shooting before the end of August

 

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

No snark here but it is totally believable.  Almost expected.

How silly of me to be so optimistic that the next mass shooting wouldn't be for a few more weeks.

Making America great again.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, KCitons said:

Are you talking about all pistols? Including semi-automatic pistols, or just revolvers? 

Did you know that there is an AR pistol? Exactly the same as an AR15 rifle, but it must have a barrel shorter than 16 inches and an overall length less than 26 inches. It cannot have a butt stock (the part that goes against your shoulder). Everything else is the same. Since the AR15 doesn't have a heavy recoil (kick) it's pretty easy to fire 30 rounds down range accurately. 

Really? Huh. What’s that used for? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Really? Huh. What’s that used for? 

The same thing other pistols are used for, I guess. I don't own one. Like the bionary trigger, I didn't know they existed until about a month ago. 

The idea of a rifle cartridge in a pistol is not unique. There are plenty of large caliber handguns that hunters have used for decades. Many of those are single shot breach loading or revolvers. The AR15 pistol doesn't really fall into this category. You can't shoulder it for shooting at things like a running coyote. The limited research I've done mentions something about getting around some regulations. The ATF defines a rifle as having a barrel longer than 16 inches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

This country is so divided that we can't even agree that these mass shooting are a huge issue that require some type of change.

The only change gun guys want to see is more people with guns.  :no:

 

This is false. 

What's the percentage up to of people that want universal background checks? 80%. There are gun owners in that group. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...