What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (2 Viewers)

shortages of food / TP etc ... in the inner cities I'd think even a 5% dip in unemployment would be huge but ... so far, I'm wrong and people are not doing it

if/when food EVER becomes a real shortage? it will be mass chaos, people will do anything to eat and/or feed their families 
I don't see food shortages becoming an issue at all unless we shut down transit.  Unemployment and people being stuck at home with nothing to do is more of a concern for me.

I don't see food shortages becoming an issue at all unless we shut down transit.  Unemployment and people being stuck at home with nothing to do is more of a concern for me.
you don't see the panic and hoarding and overbuying ?  literally sugar, flour, beans, frozen entree's, meats .... gone off the shelves in every store, paper towels, toilet paper, all alcohol's and fever medicines .... and that's just the pre-covid-19 rush

what if it got real ? What if it mutates into a 20% kill rate virus? me? I have two refig's and a deep freezer and I can survive 2 months on what food I have. Those small inner city apartments? How long do you think they'd last and then ??

I'm just saying ... its real. People are buying guns to protect what they have. I'd guess a lot of them maybe never had guns before. They see the real too

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't see the panic and hoarding and overbuying ?  literally sugar, flour, beans, frozen entree's, meats .... gone off the shelves in every store, paper towels, toilet paper, all alcohol's and fever medicines .... and that's just the pre-covid-19 rush

what if it got real ? What if it mutates into a 20% kill rate virus? me? I have two refig's and a deep freezer and I can survive 2 months on what food I have. Those small inner city apartments? How long do you think they'd last and then ??

I'm just saying ... its real. People are buying guns to protect what they have. I'd guess a lot of them maybe never had guns before. They see the real too
If it mutates and kills more then, yes, there will be a bigger panic.  If it stays the course right now, I don't see things getting too bad when it comes to supplies.  I don't think it hurts to be prepared though.

I think this is the right thread for this comment. 

If we can argue opening the country up, even though lives will be lost, then we can apply the same concept when determining any gun bans. If the economics out way the deaths, then it should be simple. 

Guns, ammo, hunting accessories, licenses, etc is a roughly a $50-100 billion industry.  

I think this is the right thread for this comment. 

If we can argue opening the country up, even though lives will be lost, then we can apply the same concept when determining any gun bans. If the economics out way the deaths, then it should be simple. 

Guns, ammo, hunting accessories, licenses, etc is a roughly a $50-100 billion industry.  
My guess is most that want to open up are also pro-gun, so I am not sure where the argument or debate would really come from. 

Users who are viewing this thread