What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (1 Viewer)

Like I said in the game thread, I'd almost prefer they lose out and miss the playoffs. There is zero chance they play a home game & they will get smoked on the road. It's the same s@@@ every year with this clown show. The defense reverted right back to beginning of the year but the offense is as much or even more to blame. Oh, and hey tomlin, keep making dumb a@@ challenges that you have no prayer of winning.  Such a moron.

It was so sad to watch, and the train wreck in the 2nd half almost seemed expected. 

We would have won if the refs made the proper calls, but that just seems to be our luck this year. A false start here, a block in the back there, and an incompletion instead of a fumble, that lead to 21 Chargers pts. 

I wouldn't be 100% surprised if we lost next week to the Raiders in Oakland. 

It was so sad to watch, and the train wreck in the 2nd half almost seemed expected. 

We would have won if the refs made the proper calls, but that just seems to be our luck this year. A false start here, a block in the back there, and an incompletion instead of a fumble, that lead to 21 Chargers pts. 

I wouldn't be 100% surprised if we lost next week to the Raiders in Oakland. 
Honestly I don’t think anyone knows what would have happened.  I think refs missed some calls both ways.  What I do know is that the Steelers D couldn’t stop the Chargers in the 2nd half.  Hell if the Chargers go for it on 4th and 1 on the first drive it could have been an entire different game.

Bojang0301 said:
At some point the coaching staff has learned and adjusted all they’re going to. As good as the defense has been this year, an LB covering Keenan Allen at the crescendo of the game is moronic. The offsides penalties is a discipline issue. Big Ben shooting off his mouth is discipline... again. If Tomlin wants to let the circus go on maybe he should go away. Seems like when things are going good everyone gets along and when they go even slightly bad it’s like the titanic and everyone shoots off their mouth. Just shut up and win. Stop the penalties, stop the circus and start acting like the superior team of the AFC North you are. Terrible. /endrant
There is a twitter feed showing the Chargers long snapper twitching the ball before he snapped which could explain a couple of the offside penalties.

irish eyes said:
Like I said in the game thread, I'd almost prefer they lose out and miss the playoffs. There is zero chance they play a home game & they will get smoked on the road. It's the same s@@@ every year with this clown show. The defense reverted right back to beginning of the year but the offense is as much or even more to blame. Oh, and hey tomlin, keep making dumb a@@ challenges that you have no prayer of winning.  Such a moron.
If they win the division they will definitely play at least one home playoff game which is great except they've actually played better on the road this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a twitter feed showing the Chargers long snapper twitching the ball before he snapped which could explain a couple of the offside penalties.
Did the long snapper decide to cover Keenan Allen with a linebacker half the game?

Godsbrother said:
Very disappointing.  The Steelers usually don't lose home prime time games.   

A few weeks ago I was worried they were peaking too soon now I am hoping they can back into the playoffs.
Pretty crazy stat, but the PS were something like 212-0-2 at home when leading by at least 14 points by halftime.

Shows how good we've been, and how much we sucked last night...

According to Tomlin, Conner is out this week. Can Jaylen put up 80% of Conner's production?
Tomlin said it will be a RBBC for the Raiders game.

From the Steelers twitter account -

"We have promoted RB Trey Edmunds to our 53-man roster, and placed WR Justin Hunter on the Reserve/Injured List.

We have also signed LB Matthew Thomas to the Practice Squad, and released LB Farrington Huguenin from the Practice Squad."

Tomlin said it will be a RBBC for the Raiders game.

From the Steelers twitter account -

"We have promoted RB Trey Edmunds to our 53-man roster, and placed WR Justin Hunter on the Reserve/Injured List.

We have also signed LB Matthew Thomas to the Practice Squad, and released LB Farrington Huguenin from the Practice Squad."
I am just not sure what the Steelers are going to do without Hunter, probably the best WR in the NFL,   ever

Godsbrother said:
I am just not sure what the Steelers are going to do without Hunter, probably the best WR in the NFL,   ever
Guess that leaves them to the Switzers and Sherrills of the world.

Can anyone explain why on earth, Boswell and Berry are still on this team. It is just baffling at this point & apparently by the time these idiots figure it out the season will be over.

Ben came back on the field helmet in hand, but then didn't go into the game mid-drive.

Hopefully he gets in the next time Pittsburgh gets the ball.  Otherwise it's going to be a rough day for anyone starting Steelers' offensive players.

Ben came back on the field helmet in hand, but then didn't go into the game mid-drive.

Hopefully he gets in the next time Pittsburgh gets the ball.  Otherwise it's going to be a rough day for anyone starting Steelers' offensive players.
If he comes back in, how do you not put him in on the 4th down play?

They are done. Losses in the next 2 weeks guaranteed and they are out. Which I prefer because they will just get rolled in the playoffs anyway. So so embarrassing.

I have said it a million times and will say it again.  NOBODY plays down to the level of their competition like the Pittsburgh Steelers.  A great opportunity to take a 1.5 game lead in the division completely wasted.

The decision to keep Ben on the bench is going to the big story here 

And Boswell cost them the game. But hey, keep sending him out there. And why could ben miraculously come in when he did but not earlier. PATHETIC 

If they weren’t in the playoff race, I’d say get rid of Tomlin tomorrow. What has this FO been doing too, keeping these kickers?

Season is probably over.  Baltimore is playing much better.  I don't see how the steelers can beat either the Patriots (who are going to be angry next week) or the Saints.  One wildcard spot is already out and the Titans look to be playing well enough to get the 2nd.  What a horrible 3 weeks this has been.  Can't blame it all on Tomlin but how can we keep defending him at this point?

Remember that time we ran a perfect lareral at the end the game and then our kicker fell down trying for the game tying 39 yard field goal?

Way past time to jettison the PK.  He's pretty much Exhibit 4002 in the "Why you don't pay a PK" case.  Always seems to go that way.

The Steelers, more than most teams, should know that it's possible to find legit kickers on the scrap heap on the reg.  Hell, that's where they found Boswell to begin with.  They've done it at least 2 or 3 times before too.  Suisham was a dead body off the street.  Jeff Reed was too, IIRC. 

Season is probably over.  Baltimore is playing much better.  I don't see how the steelers can beat either the Patriots (who are going to be angry next week) or the Saints.  One wildcard spot is already out and the Titans look to be playing well enough to get the 2nd.  What a horrible 3 weeks this has been.  Can't blame it all on Tomlin but how can we keep defending him at this point?
He can't be defended anymore. He has let kickers derail the season. I'm sure he held ben out to earlier in the game. Done with that clown.

But hey who can they bring in that can beat the 2-10 raiders. Oops 3-10 raiders, lolololol. Just keep giving tomlin a pass everyone. 

I see Tomlin has resorted to complete and utter nonsense to describe why Ben didn’t come back in the game sooner. Somewhere along the lines the guy lost his balls. Now he’s out there trying not to lose. It’s time to move on. 

I see Tomlin has resorted to complete and utter nonsense to describe why Ben didn’t come back in the game sooner. Somewhere along the lines the guy lost his balls. Now he’s out there trying not to lose. It’s time to move on. 
What was his excuse?

Seemed to me like the "flow of the game" at the point Ben came back out of the locker room was "down the toilet."

But I guess Tomlin was OK with that...

Bad loss.   Boswell is a huge liability and must be canned.    Last year was ages ago, this season he leads the league with 11 missed kicks, most of them were pretty short too.

Bos has the yips and has got to go, but I doubt they fire him at this point. They're just gonna give some platitudes about keepin on and whatnot. Also, if Ben was ok to come in after we were losing, he was ok to come in earlier, poor coach's decision. 2 misses field goals, an almost missed extra point, we finally had a game where penalties were called against the opposing team, and we still couldn't win on the west coast. 

I think we go 1-2 to end the season and miss the playoffs. It just feels like that year where the Browns beat us in week 17 to keep us from getting in. 

Also, we look like garbage the last 4 weeks. Get Burnett out of there please, he was giving Cook a 10 yard cushion the whole game. 

Users who are viewing this thread