What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stormy Daniels scandal thread (3 Viewers)

If the allegations about her lawyer being in cahoots with Cohen are correct, she is a victim.  Of fraud.  

For me, this isn't an interesting story because it's about Donald Trump's infidelity.  Water is also wet.  It's an interesting story because close associates of his clearly broke the law by illegally spending unreported money to benefit his campaign.  And because they may have done so by conspiring with the lawyer who was supposed to be representing the women.  
Humans cannot disappoint me in their behavior as I have very low opinions of humans, politicians doubly so.  It use to surprise me how low was the price of politician integrity and how cheap they would be in their little perfidious plots to hide their infidelities, both personally and professionally.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  I continue to laugh that politicians are unable to learn the lesson that it is the cover up and not the crime.

If the allegations about her lawyer being in cahoots with Cohen are correct, she is a victim.  Of fraud.  

For me, this isn't an interesting story because it's about Donald Trump's infidelity.  Water is also wet.  It's an interesting story because close associates of his clearly broke the law by illegally spending unreported money to benefit his campaign.  And because they may have done so by conspiring with the lawyer who was supposed to be representing the women.  
One would need be purposefully obtuse, or well, just pretty clueless, to not admit that very few who are generally aligned against Trump really care about the infidelity... it's been very clear for someone that is not looking to push lies or a false narrative (or just unable to comprehend, but I don't believe them that dense) that the issues are as you state. It's not the 'crime' (infidelity) but again the cover up (illegal acts, coercive tactics if not outright threats, fraudulent representations, and of course more lies from our President and those closest to him... all in the context of his known bragging about sexual assault and decades long history as a man who simply has no respect for women).

I guess I also have a professional interest in that I don't think that courts should enforce non-disclosure agreements in favor of candidates for public office.  I'd consider all such agreement void as against the public policy favoring free debate over political figures and issues.  I also think that the doctrine of unconscionability should be expanded.  No court should enforce an arbitration provision like the one in the David Dennison agreement.  The chances of a provision that ridiculous being anything other than a fraud upon Clifford by Cohen and Davidson is infinitesimal.  

This is how I approach it as well.  I don't think anybody can honestly argue that Trump didn't sleep with these women, though I definitely acknowledge that you can argue whether that matters politically.  But the interesting thing to me is the cover up.  Why was McDougal's agreement with AMI, whereas Stormy's agreement was some some frankenstein NDA with the LLC and/or Trump?  McDougal's agreement is, for the most part, an otherwise standard agreement that would be enforceable but for the allegations of fraud.  And as a lawyer, I'll add that those allegations of fraud are really serious and alarming.     

Why was McDougal's agreement with AMI, whereas Stormy's agreement was some some frankenstein NDA with the LLC and/or Trump?  

My guess is that they couldn't steer Clifford to the Enquirer in the first place. If she was going to shop it herself (or through someone they couldn't get to), they couldn't use a media cutout to catch and kill.  

I only got around to reading the beginning of the McDougal agreement.  Was there a liquidated damages clause?  Because it seems to me that the Enquirer would have a really hard time proving damages beyond the $150K they paid.  

I don't understand why the lawyer says if a picture is worth 1000 words, how much is this (picture of a dvd or cd) worth.  The obvious answer is 1000 words.
I believe he's suggesting that he would be able to place a large number of pictures on a CD, and therefore one should guess how many thousands of words that CD is worth.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
My guess is that they couldn't steer Clifford to the Enquirer in the first place. If she was going to shop it herself (or through someone they couldn't get to), they couldn't use a media cutout to catch and kill.  
Yeah, just odd circumstances.  Stormy and McDougal were both represented by Davidson and both got about the same amount of money.  I'm sure Davidson will clear all of this up when he is deposed.  

How much is a word worth, anyway?  Doesn't it depend on the author and medium?  J.K. Rowling has made a lot of money off a lot of (too many, IMO) words.  One of those "influencers" that I vaguely understand make some lesser undefined amount of money off of much fewer words.  Whose words are worth more on a per word basis?  

I believe he's suggesting that he would be able to place a large number of pictures on a CD, and therefore one should guess how many thousands of words that CD is worth.
Especially when those pictures are all consecutive and moving very quickly, like what Stormy does for a living.

I thought the National Enquire paid McDougal?

Maybe this has been discussed already but do you think Melania in her own room watched McDougal's interview last night? Will she watch 60 minutes on Sunday?

The Indestructible said:
So then no?
Fill me in where that is wrong...

AMI, which owns the National Enquirer and whose CEO David Pecker is a friend of Donald Trump’s, bought McDougal’s story and her silence in 2016 for $150,000, which led to several allegedly broken promises.

By the way :lmao: ..Trumps friend David Pecker

Last edited by a moderator:
Fill me in where that is wrong...
Paragraphs 14-16 of the complaint are relevant.  She believed (and was told by her lawyer) that AMI would also promote her with monthly columns, covers, etc.  In addition to the money, she was also supposed to be getting the benefit of that publicity.  But the contract didn't obligate AMI to do that.  

Those are the allegations, which are all we have at this point.  If AMI seeks to dismiss the complaint quickly, those allegations are accepted as true as a matter of law.  If she records of her correspondence with Davidson ("her lawyer") in which she says that she'll only sign if the agreement guarantees her that publicity, and Davidson lies to her and says that the agreement does that, the agreement should be toast for fraud, unconscionability, or because there was no meeting of the minds (pick your poison at that point).  

She isn't a victim because she slept with Trump.  She is a victim because, if the allegations are true, she got royally screwed, in large part by her own attorney.  

Paragraphs 14-16 of the complaint are relevant.  She believed (and was told by her lawyer) that AMI would also promote her with monthly columns, covers, etc.  In addition to the money, she was also supposed to be getting the benefit of that publicity.  But the contract didn't obligate AMI to do that.  

Those are the allegations, which are all we have at this point.  If AMI seeks to dismiss the complaint quickly, those allegations are accepted as true as a matter of law.  If she records of her correspondence with Davidson ("her lawyer") in which she says that she'll only sign if the agreement guarantees her that publicity, and Davidson lies to her and says that the agreement does that, the agreement should be toast for fraud, unconscionability, or because there was no meeting of the minds (pick your poison at that point).  

She isn't a victim because she slept with Trump.  She is a victim because, if the allegations are true, she got royally screwed, in large part by her own attorney.  
But did she receive $150,000.00 of hush money?....I couldn't care less about her getting screwed by her attorney or what she perceived her deal to be...I also couldn't care less about Trump paying hush money....Neither one had to take the money...They could have gone on tour singing their story..

But did she receive $150,000.00 of hush money?....I couldn't care less about her getting screwed by her attorney or what she perceived her deal to be...I also couldn't care less about Trump paying hush money....Neither one had to take the money...They could have gone on tour singing their story..
Sure, I guess she received the $150K, but that doesn't really change any of what I said.  

The courts couldn't care less about what you couldn't care less about.  If she signed the contract under duress or due to a misrepresentation, the agreement won't be enforced.

No. My guess is that she received $90,000.00 of hush money at most and her attorney received $60,000.00 as a fee.

The courts couldn't care less about what you couldn't care less about.  If she signed the contract under duress or due to a misrepresentation, the agreement won't be enforced.
Someone who doesn't care if an individual was fraudulently represented by an arty who had the interests of the other party to that contract in mind tells me that's not a person that has no regard to ethics, no compassion for someone that gets screwed by frauds and criminals and/or someone that has some ulterior motive.

Id hope it's the last, as the first two show a significant lack of heart for someone getting rolled (and perhaps if not probably coerced and/or threatened) by a bunch of crooks.

I thought the National Enquire paid McDougal?
Which is owned by a close personal friend of Trump's.  If Trump had just been a real estate developer, that might have been OK.  But he was a candidate for federal office.  And this was in the middle of the general election campaign.  It seems clear that the intent was to keep the story under wraps during the campaign.  And providing an in-kind service (payment of hush money) to benefit a campaign is illegal under the federal election laws.  

McDougal didn't just bargain for $150,000.00.  She also bargained for upwards of 200 columns for magazine properties owned by the defendants and a few magazine covers.  These terms were very important to her because she wanted to be a health/wellness authority. And her attorney (allegedly) misrepresented to her that the contract guaranteed her that (it actually granted the defendant the right to use her columns but did not obligate it to do so).  In other words her lawyer (allegedly) told her she was receiving a benefit when she was actually taking on a liability.

While these are allegations, it is certainly weird that she had the same attorney as Clifford did.  And that in both cases, that attorney advised his client to sign extremely one-sided contracts (Clifford's more so than McDougal's but neither is really fair).

Listening to Daniels’ lawyer right now on Hardball. It sure sounds like Michael Cohen threatened her and she’s going to say that on Sunday. 

That McDougal interview was painful to watch, but our local conservative radio guy was just tearing her apart today for having a relationship with a married man.  No blame on Trump at all,

I think Michael Savage was on the verge of a mental breakdown today after Trump signed that bill.  Kept saying that Trump wasn't nearly racist enough.

My wife had no idea who stormy is/was.  Actually, I’ve never really seen her work either.  So I showed her some pics.

Wife: her boobs look like they’re expecting an attack from the side.  And why does she look surprised? “I was trying to take a nap in these stockings and all of a sudden this guy has his thing in my butt.  Oh my gosh!”

Righetti said:
I think Trump likes the idea of paying for sex as it makes the entire experience transactionary and might allow for some legal cover.   

What is shocking is that a playboy model would willingly want to have sex with somebody who is built like the  Stay Puft Marshmallow Man  
Chicks dig the long balls

Users who are viewing this thread