What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

who cooks in your house?: a question of ethics (1 Viewer)

Am woman

• Total voters
Wife probably does 70% but she’s a stay at home mom so she’s able to have dinner ready when I get home.  Summers we grill a lot more so I’ll handle that and breakfasts and the occasional crockpot dinner

i also do the Thanksgiving turkey

i enjoy it but from a timing perspective it just works better to have her do it during the week 
Very much this. Except the turkey, we visit family on Thanksgiving.

So she does 5/7 of the cooking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point it’s 50/50. Used to be 80/20 her but ever since our last child was born (2 years ago) I just started cooking more and love it. 

I’m defining this as family meals though. Kids lunch prep/pluming cereal in the morning doesn’t count. 

So basically, no different than if I have a woman and have to do the cooking.
Hey man, no judgement here. Hot Pockets are a staple of single guys and IT geeks everywhere. Heck, they got me through many a long night working on my dissertation.

Eventually though I realized that a big part of being a grown ### man is taking responsibility for what you eat and the path of easy, salty, crispy, delicious even, Frankenfood is the path of the weak.

Hey man, no judgement here. Hot Pockets are a staple of single guys and IT geeks everywhere. Heck, they got me through many a long night working on my dissertation.

Eventually though I realized that a big part of being a grown ### man is taking responsibility for what you eat and the path of easy, salty, crispy, delicious even, Frankenfood is the path of the weak.
:rolleyes:

50/50.  I like to cook.  Fairly proficient.  Love to bake on a rainy Saturday.  She is good also.   seems to work out.  If I try something new & butcher it-I fess up, toss in garbage & order pizza.

some recipes too much work for very little extra taste.  IMO.  grilled steak & baked potato very underrated & anybody can do it.

simple & flavor works.  Also helps to have things done at the same time.  that takes experience.  also clean as you go.  pretty cool to have a stew simmering most of the day in the winter.

50/50.  I like to cook.  Fairly proficient.  Love to bake on a rainy Saturday.  She is good also.   seems to work out.  If I try something new & butcher it-I fess up, toss in garbage & order pizza.

some recipes too much work for very little extra taste.  IMO.  grilled steak & baked potato very underrated & anybody can do it.

simple & flavor works.  Also helps to have things done at the same time.  that takes experience.  also clean as you go.  pretty cool to have a stew simmering most of the day in the winter.
Not exactly at the top of my list of underrated dishes.

On the other hand, meatloaf.

some kitchen experience & prep time required for that meatloaf.  probably a lot, but I'm going to give it a go.

thanks.
I've never actually made that meatloaf recipe, but I'm tempted to try it this weekend. Check out some of his other recipes. His Beef Bourguignon (the traditional technique) and Coq au Vin, while involved, can be easily followed; and they will put your cooking game on master level, instantly. 

95/5 her.  I wouldn’t say I’m a horrible cook, I’d just say I don’t know what I’m doing so I never really even try.  I do grill some in the summer months but I’m not really good at that either.

could not have eaten dinner last night if i tried. no appetite at all.

kids coming off the flu, hungry but not very. 

wife "cooked" quesadillas.  burned them.  :mellow:  

My wife does almost all of the cooking, however, we do it together.  She is not trusted to do any slicing or can opening as she will most likely cut herself. so i do a lot of the prep and clean up while she cooks.  I do the grilling.

i do most of the cooking each week - it's a creative release for someone who has spent 25+ years in IT.  

When it comes to baking, the Mrs absolutely destroys me.  I lack the self control to measure every #### thing.
Same here - I also do the grocery shopping ...it allows me to eat what I want.  

There's no option for share?  I think we're both pretty good, if you ask my wife she'll say she's better, if you ask me I would say IDGAFF so long as it's not burnt, not under cooked and it doesn't contain raw onions, I'm good to go.  She most definitely wins in the baking department, I can't think of anything she can't bake well.

She is not trusted to do any slicing or can opening as she will most likely cut herself. 
:lmao: my wife has cut herself so many times on cans, bottles, glasses, etc. that it's comical.

she had a pickle jar shatter in her hands when she tried screwing the top off. thing just disintegrated. blood everywhere.

I cook 100% of the time.  I'm good at it and I enjoy it.  She washes the dishes and cleans the kitchen after dinner.  We're both happy with our roles.  

:lmao: my wife has cut herself so many times on cans, bottles, glasses, etc. that it's comical.

she had a pickle jar shatter in her hands when she tried screwing the top off. thing just disintegrated. blood everywhere.
What is it with this? My wife was a biscuit away from going to an emergency room because she cut herself on a can she was opening. 

What is it with this? My wife was a biscuit away from going to an emergency room because she cut herself on a can she was opening. 
no clue

she has so many cuts and burn marks on her hands and arms from the kitchen that i'm damn near positive people think she self harms

she's constantly banging in to things ( :unsure: ) or falling and coming out with gnarly bruises. 

no clue

she has so many cuts and burn marks on her hands and arms from the kitchen that i'm damn near positive people think she self harms

she's constantly banging in to things ( :unsure: ) or falling and coming out with gnarly bruises. 
My wife doesn't fall, but she does some of the other stuff and it rarely happens to me. I don't know what that is. 

Users who are viewing this thread