What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (5 Viewers)

The Raiders beat reporters from the Athletic make their predictions. I wish I had their ultra-confidence about this game.

Predictions

Raiders 41, Jets 17

What to watch for: The Raiders simply cannot lose this game. If Las Vegas wants to have any hope of making the playoffs moving forward, they have to win this one. Derek Carr has a big bounceback performance after having his worst game of the season against the Falcons and keeps his team in the playoff hunt. 

— Tashan Reed

Raiders 37, Jets 17

What to watch for: The Jets are not 0-11 by accident. And yes, as Carr said, that Jets beat the crap out of them last year in New Jersey. But that has felt like a different team — even last week, when the defense kept them in the game in the first half. The Raiders should be able to run the ball with Devontae Booker, and Darren Waller is overdue for a breakout game. Heck, the Raiders might even get some sacks on Sunday. 

— Vic Tafur

Raiders 43, Jets 6

What to watch for: The Jets have a surprisingly good run defense (fifth in yards per carry), so running against them won’t be a cakewalk, but I’d expect the Raiders running game to get back on track even with Jacobs out. I also think Hunter Renfrow will have a big day as a hot route option against some of the Jets blitzes. Rodney Hudson and Carr are excellent at identifying and reacting to blitz schemes and the Jets don’t have the cover guys to hold up if they don’t hit home. The Raiders’ defense played better than the score showed against the Falcons and they should be able to pressure Darnold into some mistakes.

— Ted Nguyen

Raiders 38, Jets 20

What to watch for: The Raiders told us before last week’s Falcons game that they were better than the 2019 team that was also 6-4 before going on the road and getting blown out in Week 12 by the Jets. And then they laid another Week 12 egg with that loss in Atlanta. If this was even a slightly mediocre Jets team, I might pick the Raiders to lose. But the Jets are just so, so, so bad and the defense should feel like it’s playing a worse version of the Broncos. And Carr and the offense has been too good this season to not play a heck of a lot better than last week. Carr throws for four touchdowns and Henry Ruggs III catches one.   

— Jimmy Durkin

Raiders 31, Jets 17

What to watch for: This is basically the season. Right here. Week 13. If the Raiders lose to the Jets, stick a fork in them. A defeat on Sunday is not so far-fetched given what we saw from Las Vegas last week, and what happened last year against the Jets. At some point, you have to figure the Jets will put it together one time and get a win. If it happens on the Raiders’ watch, that would be three straight losses and mean they’d have to pretty much run the table after consecutive embarrassing losses. That’s why it won’t happen. The Raiders won’t lose to the Jets. Not this time … right?

— Marcus Thompson II

Raiders 31, Jets 13

What to watch for: If you’ve read this far, you must have some tiny thought that the Raiders theoretically could bungle this. And I’m going to agree with you in this way: The Raiders should and probably will win this game easily, but there is very little they’ve shown over the last few decades that proves that they will do exactly what they should against a far lesser team that hasn’t just been beaten in every game this season but also has been out-gained every week. Which is very tough to do. Even if they’re only at half-speed, the Raiders should have this wrapped up by the second quarter. Now, if they start out at one-third-speed, then Raiders fans can really begin worrying.

— Tim Kawakami

Jags are gonna blow it. And the fact that minshew is now healthy and still not playing really passes me off

Incredible loss and JAX is going to OT after almost making a sixty-five or seventy-five yard field goal. That was actually close.

Let's root for the cushion. First play bomb to Chark. C'mon. Shoot. MN wins the toss.

That “defense” - :lmao:
Serious question -- did Williams and the D truly throw that game on purpose?

With the game situation as it was, I can't think of any reason why you would dial up a zero blitz there.

The Jets were blitzing fairly well all game and pressuring Carr, specifically disrupting the deep ball.

But with game pretty much in hand, I can't understand the call there.

I mean, awesome for the Jets fanbase if this helps them get the #1 spot. But maybe I'm naive in thinking that no matter what teams play to win.

The Jets will be big underdogs to SEA, LAR, CLE and NE. I don't see another close game again. I'm looking forward to seeing Tua, Allen and Lawrence beat the Patriots twice a year.

Users who are viewing this thread