What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (13 Viewers)

The worse part of this collapse is seeing guys like Herbert, Allen, Burrow, and other young guys make some "rookie" mistakes but otherwise excel while all we get from Sam is the "rookie" mistakes.
That really upset me - Herbert made his rookie mistakes but other than 2-3 plays looked completely calm and in control.....Sam still looks like hes seeing ghosts.....

That really upset me - Herbert made his rookie mistakes but other than 2-3 plays looked completely calm and in control.....Sam still looks like hes seeing ghosts.....
Burrow looked amazing on Thursday and Allen is looking like an MVP candidate. Hebert, who most labled as a project, as you said came in and nearly beat the best team in the league and looked great other than a few understandable bonehead plays.

Sam is starting to look like Geno Smith v. 2 (look at me, now I'm making lazy analysis). I get that Gase's play-calling is horrible and at one point the Jets top 3 WRs were Berrios, Hogan and some guy named Malone - but even with all that where did Sam show any glimpses that better play-calling or weapons would make any significant difference?

Burrow looked amazing on Thursday and Allen is looking like an MVP candidate. Hebert, who most labled as a project, as you said came in and nearly beat the best team in the league and looked great other than a few understandable bonehead plays.

Sam is starting to look like Geno Smith v. 2 (look at me, now I'm making lazy analysis). I get that Gase's play-calling is horrible and at one point the Jets top 3 WRs were Berrios, Hogan and some guy named Malone - but even with all that where did Sam show any glimpses that better play-calling or weapons would make any significant difference?
Not sure if this ever going to come to fruition at all this year, but I'd really really like to see how Darnold looks with Bell, Perriman, Mims, Crowder and Herndon at his disposal before I make my mind up about him. Heck, I'd even take having 4 of those 5 be on the field for Sam cause on paper, that would seemingly be enough weaponry for us to properly evaluate Sam and truly see whether or not he's going to be up for the job of a franchise QB. 

Right now, there are college programs that have better weapons than what the Jets are putting out there. I mean it sux it really does but all those other QB, Hebert, Burrows, Allen, Jackson all had better weapons and better lines than the Jets have ever had since Sam has been here.

Am I making excuses for him? Yeah I am but it's true...Darnold has had THE worst luck by far, THE worst coaching by far and THE worst talent by far surrounding him than any of these other QB's that have been mentioned. Let's see how he does when we get our walking wounded back before we say he's a bust or "Geno Smith 2.0"....just sayin!

On the bright side, Baldinger did a breakdown of Q. Williams this morning and it looks like he made some big time plays yesterday. Pushed Trent Williams around on a few occasions and blew up a few plays. Plus he got 2 sacks.

My entire fantasy team was playing at 1, so I was flipping around to different games and watching RZ most of the 2nd half, so I didn't really notice. But that's certainly a good sign.

I mean...we gotta have SOMETHING good happen.....right?

Am I making excuses for him? Yeah I am but it's true...Darnold has had THE worst luck by far, THE worst coaching by far and THE worst talent by far surrounding him than any of these other QB's that have been mentioned. Let's see how he does when we get our walking wounded back before we say he's a bust or "Geno Smith 2.0"....just sayin!
I’m not ready to totally write him off yet either and the Geno comment was partially tongue in cheek, but I’m getting a little tired of the excuses.

San Diego, Buffalo and Cincinnati all have bad to terrible offensive lines (Cinncy considerably worse than the Jets as impossible as that seems). All have better skill position players than the Jets for sure but outside of SD, none are exactly stacked at WR or TE. Sooner or later Sam has to rise above and carry a less than stellar cast. 

But yes. Gase and the lack of playmakers around him surely make it an uphill battle for him. I would like to see some flashes of hope though and through 2 weeks I have not seen one “wow” play from him but have seen many “wtf” plays from him.

I’m not ready to totally write him off yet either and the Geno comment was partially tongue in cheek, but I’m getting a little tired of the excuses.

San Diego, Buffalo and Cincinnati all have bad to terrible offensive lines (Cinncy considerably worse than the Jets as impossible as that seems). All have better skill position players than the Jets for sure but outside of SD, none are exactly stacked at WR or TE. Sooner or later Sam has to rise above and carry a less than stellar cast. 

But yes. Gase and the lack of playmakers around him surely make it an uphill battle for him. I would like to see some flashes of hope though and through 2 weeks I have not seen one “wow” play from him but have seen many “wtf” plays from him.
Well it's just been two games this year and so yes not too many "wow" plays yet. I have seen Sam running for his life tho alot and was doing just that on his TD throw to Berrios yesterday. Thus far and yes it's only been two games like I said, the OLine really doesn't look all that much better than last year's #### show albeit Becton does look like he's the real deal and so there is hope.

I will say there have been games where Sam has looked almost...heaven forbid "franchise QB like". The game vs Dallas last year was exceptional. He looked great vs the Skins as well. I think his rookie year he had some games where he was pretty phenomenal. I think the Lions game after the initial pick 6 and I think he played great in games vs the Vikings and one of the Dolphin games as well that rookie season.

I guess what I'm saying and what my point is, Sam has shown enough to me at least, that he's the right guy to lead this team to the next level whenever that may be. I truly believe with a better coach and improved Oline play and some additional weaponry, he'd be more consistent and less peeps in here would want us to draft Trevor Lawrence if we somehow got the #1 pick next year which from the looks of things is quite possible.

Think about that for a minute as what a decision that would be for Douglass if we did get the #1 pick. Do we draft Lawrence which basically would be another reset from Darnold as he's going to need to get paid in a few years and watch Darnold become great for some other team. Do we keep Darnold and trade the pick for Hershel Walker type return? Going to be very interesting to see where this football team is come November when we'll know alot more about whether or not we'll be in prime position for the #1 pick.

Well it's just been two games this year and so yes not too many "wow" plays yet. I have seen Sam running for his life tho alot and was doing just that on his TD throw to Berrios yesterday. Thus far and yes it's only been two games like I said, the OLine really doesn't look all that much better than last year's #### show albeit Becton does look like he's the real deal and so there is hope.

I will say there have been games where Sam has looked almost...heaven forbid "franchise QB like". The game vs Dallas last year was exceptional. He looked great vs the Skins as well. I think his rookie year he had some games where he was pretty phenomenal. I think the Lions game after the initial pick 6 and I think he played great in games vs the Vikings and one of the Dolphin games as well that rookie season.

I guess what I'm saying and what my point is, Sam has shown enough to me at least, that he's the right guy to lead this team to the next level whenever that may be. I truly believe with a better coach and improved Oline play and some additional weaponry, he'd be more consistent and less peeps in here would want us to draft Trevor Lawrence if we somehow got the #1 pick next year which from the looks of things is quite possible.

Think about that for a minute as what a decision that would be for Douglass if we did get the #1 pick. Do we draft Lawrence which basically would be another reset from Darnold as he's going to need to get paid in a few years and watch Darnold become great for some other team. Do we keep Darnold and trade the pick for Hershel Walker type return? Going to be very interesting to see where this football team is come November when we'll know alot more about whether or not we'll be in prime position for the #1 pick.
Good points - lets be clear....the Jets, including JD, have not done Sam any favors in terms of talent around him.  I dont think in his wildest dreams JD thought they would be bad enough to have a shot at Lawrence....I still think they win a few to come in at their usual #3-7 but after watching this mess its possible.  

They made this mess - wasted Sam's 1st 3 yrs with a terrible coaching staff, OL and no playmakers - they get Bell then dont use him....JD figured that he would have 2 more yrs besides this to properly grade Sam....that may not happen.....if they tank to the 1st pick that means Sam was bad enough to be concerned.....depending on the year it would be very difficult to invest $20M yr to Sam and pass on the next "generational QB" on 5 yrs of a rookie salary control.  

The clock is officially on for Sam.....he has to show more than he has...even though he has JAGs all over his O......

If they are somehow in a position to take Lawrence,  you take him. You dont even think twice about it. You don't take trade calls. You draft him.

If someone offers draft picks for Darnold (and they likely would) you trade him. If they dont, he likely has been historically bad these next 14 games and it makes the decision even easier.

Tons of people busted the Cardinals balls over "giving up" on Rosen and taking Murray.  I was one of them (not so much believing in Rosen....more not believing in Murray). Well, nobody's laughing now.

Simply put, unless Darnold shows that he is...at least.... a league average QB by the end of the year, you can't possibly pick up his 5th year option. And if he hasn't shown that, and the opportunity comes to reset with a likely superior talent on a rookie deal, its an absolute no brainer. (given the state of the rest of the roster)

Not ready to make the same statement Re: Justin Fields (I haven't seen him play nearly enough) but I'd be open to that discussion as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnny or Sad...depends upon how you want too look at, there is a very real possibility that the Jets finish the season 2-14 and maybe worse.

As I look at the remaining schedule, I don't see a sure win in the bunch.

The only possibilities IMO would be Denver at home in a few weeks and one of the Miami games.  You could possibly convince me the Jets have a shot at the Chargers and home vs Cleveland but other than that, I see 11-12 definite losses.  At Indy,both Pats games, the next Bills game, one if not both Dolphin games, home vs Arizona, @KC and @Seattle, @Chargers, home vs Vegas,@Rams.

I mean if we are a lock to finish no better than 4-12, might as well double down on it and finish 2-14 and pretty much guarantee the #1 overall pick. We all know tho that the last week of the season with the Jets simply needing to lose at New England, Belichek who never rests his players, will troll the Jets and bench everyone as they prepare for the playoffs. We'll end up winning the game and we'll miss out on the #1 pick. You just know that it is the way it would play out because well it's such a Jet like thing to have happen....lol

TLEF316 said:
If they are somehow in a position to take Lawrence,  you take him. You dont even think twice about it. You don't take trade calls. You draft him.

If someone offers draft picks for Darnold (and they likely would) you trade him. If they dont, he likely has been historically bad these next 14 games and it makes the decision even easier.

Tons of people busted the Cardinals balls over "giving up" on Rosen and taking Murray.  I was one of them (not so much believing in Rosen....more not believing in Murray). Well, nobody's laughing now.

Simply put, unless Darnold shows that he is...at least.... a league average QB by the end of the year, you can't possibly pick up his 5th year option. And if he hasn't shown that, and the opportunity comes to reset with a likely superior talent on a rookie deal, its an absolute no brainer. (given the state of the rest of the roster)

Not ready to make the same statement Re: Justin Fields (I haven't seen him play nearly enough) but I'd be open to that discussion as well.
tend to agree with you - Darnold is playing for his Jet career.....he wins a few games then he could be the Jet QB for a long time.....they lose to the #1 picks and they probably should reset with Trevor.....my guess is they beat Denver and two more teams for a 3-13 record while another team goes 1-15......

Waiting for someone to discuss tanking 2 games in lol.....

I think Gase will be gone by week 5. It’s not just that they are losing, it’s the way they are losing. I don’t think ownership can tolerate the way the Jets are looking right now. In previous years where the Jets got off to a terrible start I mostly recall them being fairly competitive. Even under Kotite they were within 1 score in 7 games. This team doesn’t look like it could come close to beating anyone. 

TLEF316 said:
If they are somehow in a position to take Lawrence,  you take him. You dont even think twice about it. You don't take trade calls. You draft him
I was the guy that would have taken Kyler Murray with Darnold there had he fallen. Which he didn't.

Washington really spit the bit this past year waiting on Haskins instead of picking Tua. You don't stop picking a quarterback until your quarterback position is settled and you're a winning club, two things that go hand-in-hand.

I think Gase will be gone by week 5. It’s not just that they are losing, it’s the way they are losing. I don’t think ownership can tolerate the way the Jets are looking right now. In previous years where the Jets got off to a terrible start I mostly recall them being fairly competitive. Even under Kotite they were within 1 score in 7 games. This team doesn’t look like it could come close to beating anyone. 
I pray you are right - but it has never happened in NFL history and the owner just called the guy brilliant a week ago.....he stays the entire yr IMO

I was the guy that would have taken Kyler Murray with Darnold there had he fallen. Which he didn't.

Washington really spit the bit this past year waiting on Haskins instead of picking Tua. You don't stop picking a quarterback until your quarterback position is settled and you're a winning club, two things that go hand-in-hand.
You’ve given up on Darnold? I’m not sure where I stand on him. On one side he’s still younger than Burrow, and has shown some flashes of nice arm talent and mobility. On the other side he makes some pretty bad decisions reminiscent of things we saw from Sanchez and Geno. It’s really hard to evaluate him considering the circumstances of his coach and surrounding cast. 

agree completely but you need a competent HC....can you honestly say Kyler Murray would have been as good if he was with the Jets? 

The cardinals were the worst team in the league 2 yrs ago - they hired a competent offensive coach and are in the mix in 2 yrs....why do the Jets constantly need 5 yr plans to rebuild????

agree completely but you need a competent HC....can you honestly say Kyler Murray would have been as good if he was with the Jets? 

The cardinals were the worst team in the league 2 yrs ago - they hired a competent offensive coach and are in the mix in 2 yrs....why do the Jets constantly need 5 yr plans to rebuild????
Because the Cardinals' owner's family, while historically morons, aren't historical morons? Didn't Woody or Chris just try to steer the British Open to a Trump golf course as ambassador. And what the heck about the owners' private comments about sensitive subjects? Just shut your mouth. You won a cash cow. With a new stadium.

Shut up, Woody. Shut up, Chris. Nobody needs an ambassador mouthing off or quid pro quo'ing over in England. 

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
You’ve given up on Darnold? I’m not sure where I stand on him. On one side he’s still younger than Burrow, and has shown some flashes of nice arm talent and mobility. On the other side he makes some pretty bad decisions reminiscent of things we saw from Sanchez and Geno. It’s really hard to evaluate him considering the circumstances of his coach and surrounding cast. 
No, I haven't given up on Darnold, but if Murray had been there, he was by far the better prospect than even Darnold. And he's shown it to a degree. Darnold's admitted to ghost hunting on national television.  Darnold is more like Haskins than Murray right now. 

Even Mahomes would have probably sucked on this team.

So yesterday Darnold could have easily taken the snap for a first down over a big crease in the line, BUT he's not allowed to audible. WTF?? Gase said that he calls the plays and Darnold isn't allowed to change them. How stupid is this? We have a stubborn Mr. Magoo in charge of the offense. He never makes any adjustments. All the plays are supposed to work on paper. When they're not, he says that they weren't executed properly. Jesus. Such hubris for a guy that has never accomplished crap as a coach.

The plays are good. They're just not executed correctly.  Your coach Adam Gase:

Rich Cimini, ESPN: A two-parter on Sam, on the fourth-and-one play, does he have the freedom if he sees something, to call a quarterback sneak?

Not on that play he didn’t.

Rich Cimini, ESPN: Why not? What’s the explanation?

It’s my call.

Rich Cimini, ESPN: It’s not like a sweeping thing, it’s just that particular play in that situation he did not have the freedom?

There’s sometimes that things like that are built in, and he knows he can go to it. And there’s other times where he’s going to call the play that’s run. If we execute the play, we’ve got the first down. We didn’t execute it.

Al Iannazzone, Newsday: Looking back, I know you would have had the one yard on fourth-and-one if the Mike (linebacker) was blocked. Is there anything now that maybe you would have done differently? Obviously, you said there was a play you wanted to run but you couldn’t. 

I originally was calling a pass on third-and-one, and unfortunately the pass was for BP (Breshad Perriman) and he was out of the game, so I went to a different call. The third-and-one, I felt like with what they played we were in good position. We took a bad angle to block one of the DBs and he slipped through and that’s what kind of stopped us. And then we had another opportunity on fourth-and-one and we’ve got to anticipate what they did and then we’ve got to make sure that we do a good job blocking the linebacker and it’s going to be a really good play, and we didn’t do that.

Manish Mehta, Daily News:  Why do you seem to hate Bell more than RockAction?

Who?

Manish Mehta, Daily News: Guy on Footballguys forum

Never heard of it. Bell didn't play. Your question is irrelevant, but we have a good relationship. Bell and I speak on a daily basis.

Manish Mehta, Daily News: Do you think Jamal Adams enjoys playing on a high scoring offense?

Next question.

Manish Mehta, Daily News:  Why do you seem to hate Bell more than RockAction?

Who?

Manish Mehta, Daily News: Guy on Footballguys forum

Never heard of it. Bell didn't play. Your question is irrelevant, but we have a good relationship. Bell and I speak on a daily basis.

Manish Mehta, Daily News: Do you think Jamal Adams enjoys playing on a high scoring offense?

Next question.
:lmao: . Double laugh emojis. Now I know you're testing me. I've been lax, I'll admit, but this caught my eye somehow...

:lmao: . Double laugh emojis. Now I know you're testing me. I've been lax, I'll admit, but this caught my eye somehow...
The rest of the quotes are from the presser. I had to make up this last part to laugh because there is nothing fun about rooting for this team right now. I feel like I've turned to the dark side. I never liked Gase, but now I abhor him.  I've always been a big Darnold supporter, but I'm done.

The rest of the quotes are from the presser. I had to make up this last part to laugh because there is nothing fun about rooting for this team right now. I feel like I've turned to the dark side. I never liked Gase, but now I abhor him.  I've always been a big Darnold supporter, but I'm done.
I figured. I was just describing the splice to somebody. I got a kick out of it (mah name in lights!). As far as the team, I held out absolutely no hope this year and concentrated on fantasy football writ large. Just my way of keeping interested. I used to be a Giants, Jets, and Raiders fan growing up in No. CT and I picked the Jets because I think I just sympathized with them the most and you can't have multiple football teams according to websites and custom, I guess.

What a mistake.

One thing about this year that has instructed me about football and life: Never go into the year with a lame duck staff. COVID makes things radically different, but I think the lesson going forward should be that. Figure out where you want to be and make sure that your Point A can get you to Point B. If you see no way of that, there's no substitute other than dismissal or reconfiguration. Both unbridled loyalty and half steps get you nothing. it's a fine line to walk, but one must. 

Never go into the year with a lame duck staff.
The problem with this thinking is that the jets probably didn't think this is a lame duck staff.  They probably still don't consider them a lame duck staff.  They'll go 0-whatever and ownership will still be all in on Gase because "this year didn't count" or some excuse.

Worse ran franchise in the league the moment they hired Gase.

What's the local talk about the sticky turf issues? I think Shanahan contended they were the 1st to play on it, but didn't Giants play on it last week?

The Steelers @ Giants played on the field in Week 1 with no significant injuries. Sounds like a bit of sour grapes - but who knows?
Yeah, it sounds like a guy that just lost four really important starters. But if the team came to him before the game and was commenting on it, who knows?

The Jets, Steelers, and Giants managed to escape knees in joint and ankles intact, but like I said, who knows? I know it hurts a bunch of fantasy teams of mine with Mostert out. I'm glad it wasn't as serious as originally thought and that he might miss only one or two games. Turf should never become a player safety issue. It just shouldn't these days. 

Yeah, it sounds like a guy that just lost four really important starters. But if the team came to him before the game and was commenting on it, who knows?

The Jets, Steelers, and Giants managed to escape knees in joint and ankles intact, but like I said, who knows? I know it hurts a bunch of fantasy teams of mine with Mostert out. I'm glad it wasn't as serious as originally thought and that he might miss only one or two games. Turf should never become a player safety issue. It just shouldn't these days. 
The injury that Bosa suffered was clearly due to the way he was blocked - it bent his knee back. Don't remember the play Mostert or Jimmy G got hurt. I'm with you in that I have doubts but wouldn't be shocked if Shanahan is on to something. 

The injury that Bosa suffered was clearly due to the way he was blocked - it bent his knee back. Don't remember the play Mostert or Jimmy G got hurt. I'm with you in that I have doubts but wouldn't be shocked if Shanahan is on to something. 
Honestly never heard someone complain about turf being "sticky." I've heard hard and unforgiving like cement, but sticky fails my memory or exposure. I've always hated turf, anyway. Still can barely look at the screens from the eighties with all that carpet laid down over cement in the football stadiums of the later part of last century. 

How can you forget about Perriman's ankle sprain? Oh wait, Gase forgot about him, too.

Jimmy G got hurt on the tackle from Q.  He grabbed his leg low from behind.

Q actually had 2 sacks this week. Maybe the bust alert was premature.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1308422501702283267?s=20

Even the Big Ticket knows that Gase is terrible. Look at him giving Gase advice after this play.
Saw something great in that thread from NFL Memes. "Rumor has it that Atlanta is still watching the ball roll slowly down the field in Dallas."

I mean, really? If that was Gase coaching, we'd be calling for his immediate firing.

"Oh, what? We're calling for it anyway?"

Oh yeah, that. 

So yesterday I went thru the remaining schedule and I came up with 3 possibly 4 wins the rest of the way. I got one of the Miami games. I got two from either Denver,Chargers,Browns,Cardinals or Vegas. I mean #### now that I look at it even closer, it's distinctly possible we could be looking at a 1 or 2 win season which is pretty remarkable considering that most of us had the Jets at worst winning 5 and possibly even 7 while having a better team than last year's 7-9 version yet with a worse record. I know I had them going 6-10 and so long as Sam progressed, I could give a #### about the record. Now tho...totally different story as we really are the worst team in the NFL AINEC!! 

So am I being too pessimistic in my thoughts we are  looking anywhere from 1-15 at worst and 4-12 at best?

So yesterday I went thru the remaining schedule and I came up with 3 possibly 4 wins the rest of the way. I got one of the Miami games. I got two from either Denver,Chargers,Browns,Cardinals or Vegas. I mean #### now that I look at it even closer, it's distinctly possible we could be looking at a 1 or 2 win season which is pretty remarkable considering that most of us had the Jets at worst winning 5 and possibly even 7 while having a better team than last year's 7-9 version yet with a worse record. I know I had them going 6-10 and so long as Sam progressed, I could give a #### about the record. Now tho...totally different story as we really are the worst team in the NFL AINEC!! 

So am I being too pessimistic in my thoughts we are  looking anywhere from 1-15 at worst and 4-12 at best?
Seems overly optimistic to me.

My friend Paul predicted a 4-0 start. After I cackled, I asked did you mean 0-4? He said, no.  I said you either have a severe case of dyslexia or they are making acid a lot stronger than in the old days.

Remember - jets always find a way to sneak out a few meaningless wins.....Denver with a backup QB will be pretty bad...Miami will probably have Tua by the time they play....Browns could fall apart any game....if Chargers go with the kid they could be shaky.....I am going with 4-12 not because I can see any easy wins but they arent lucky enough to lose the needed number of games to get to #1.....if they do that then there is a new Kotite....and of course that year there was no QB those years...terrible trade down and ended up with James Farrior one year and Keyshawn the next

Right now it seems hard to imagine them beating any team in the league.

This is the NFL so of course they'll catch lightning in a bottle and win 1-3 games, but unless Darnold flips the switch, there isn't a team they are better than. 

Seems overly optimistic to me.

My friend Paul predicted a 4-0 start. After I cackled, I asked did you mean 0-4? He said, no.  I said you either have a severe case of dyslexia or they are making acid a lot stronger than in the old days.
Overly Optomistic you say...eh Rage? I'm thinking 2-14 to 4-12 at best....you be a funny guy.

So your thinking they are going 0-16 or 1-15 if I'm being "overly optimistic"?....lol

Could you imagine that? I mean I guess it's possible which is mind boggling how low the franchise has gone. But can you imagine if we go 1-15 and Gase is still here? I just spit up my coffee...I'll be back in a few...lol

Overly Optomistic you say...eh Rage? I'm thinking 2-14 to 4-12 at best....you be a funny guy.

So your thinking they are going 0-16 or 1-15 if I'm being "overly optimistic"?....lol

Could you imagine that? I mean I guess it's possible which is mind boggling how low the franchise has gone. But can you imagine if we go 1-15 and Gase is still here? I just spit up my coffee...I'll be back in a few...lol
I hate to be that guy because I'm usually more optimistic than most, but I am in my anger stage of being a Jets fan.  I want the young players to develop and do well, but after the embarrassment of these past 2 games and no hope that our coaching gets better, I want total failure. 0-16. Fire Gase and get the top pick.

That said, I'm sure they will still win at least 2-3 games against the dregs of our schedule. As bad as we look now, I'm sure we'll get at least a little better (can't get worse). I just want Gase gone asap which most likely is after the season. I have very little hope that the clueless Johnsons do the right thing and totally dread the possibility that he sticks around for another year.   

SF flew in from West Coast for early East Coast  Sunday game, their plane had an incident and delayed their arrival by 6 hours I believe. Entered game without their best player on offense, their WR's in shambles due to injury, and best CB out. As we all know they would go on to lose their best player on defense, their QB,  top two Rb's and Solomon Thomas and I think I'm forgetting someone?

And they beat the crap out of the Jets who entered the game with what appeared to be a plan not to try and win but try not to lose to bad and then watched SF suffer one of biggest injury days I've seen hit a team ever and they still got clobbered.

I'm not a Jets fan but this had me thinking of how and why would Gase keep his job? The injuries suffered by SF and their performance  just has to take the talent/injury excuse away from Gase. Right? We just saw what a true offensive genius looks like and it's clear Gase will never be on the level of someone like Kyle Shanahan so what's the end game? So I was thinking in term of building a culture, can Gase at least try and set up a foundation or help build a culture this year if nothing else? And I think anyone who follows this team knows that's not a strength of his either. He does not come across as much of a leader or someone a team will rally behind, if anything he comes across as just plain old toxic. I think entering a game were your plan was to ram rod Frank Gore into one of the best DL's, in the game is as I said earlier someone outright entering a game with no designs on winning, just trying to not lose to bad is not someone who you want building your culture. So I'm running thin on options to figure out why this guy still has a job so I think could the Jets still value his ability to grow Darnold in what otherwise looks like a lost season? That is hard to believe since not only is their zero evidence Gase can develop anyway their is a stunning amount of evidence he keeps players down until they get away from him and kills off anyone who used to be good until they got paired with him.

Again I'm not a Jets fan but really hate to see it, just no reason for to allow this crap show to continue. Shame of fans not being able to attend is they can't voice their displeasure with probably more impactfully show how fed up they are by staying away by choice.

SF flew in from West Coast for early East Coast  Sunday game, their plane had an incident and delayed their arrival by 6 hours I believe. Entered game without their best player on offense, their WR's in shambles due to injury, and best CB out. As we all know they would go on to lose their best player on defense, their QB,  top two Rb's and Solomon Thomas and I think I'm forgetting someone?

And they beat the crap out of the Jets who entered the game with what appeared to be a plan not to try and win but try not to lose to bad and then watched SF suffer one of biggest injury days I've seen hit a team ever and they still got clobbered.

I'm not a Jets fan but this had me thinking of how and why would Gase keep his job? The injuries suffered by SF and their performance  just has to take the talent/injury excuse away from Gase. Right? We just saw what a true offensive genius looks like and it's clear Gase will never be on the level of someone like Kyle Shanahan so what's the end game? So I was thinking in term of building a culture, can Gase at least try and set up a foundation or help build a culture this year if nothing else? And I think anyone who follows this team knows that's not a strength of his either. He does not come across as much of a leader or someone a team will rally behind, if anything he comes across as just plain old toxic. I think entering a game were your plan was to ram rod Frank Gore into one of the best DL's, in the game is as I said earlier someone outright entering a game with no designs on winning, just trying to not lose to bad is not someone who you want building your culture. So I'm running thin on options to figure out why this guy still has a job so I think could the Jets still value his ability to grow Darnold in what otherwise looks like a lost season? That is hard to believe since not only is their zero evidence Gase can develop anyway their is a stunning amount of evidence he keeps players down until they get away from him and kills off anyone who used to be good until they got paired with him.

Again I'm not a Jets fan but really hate to see it, just no reason for to allow this crap show to continue. Shame of fans not being able to attend is they can't voice their displeasure with probably more impactfully show how fed up they are by staying away by choice.
You make a ton of good points and I'm 1000% convinced the only reason Gase still has a job and why he'll continue to have the job as Jet HC is because he...Gase is the main reason why Douglass has the GM gig and the huge amount of dinero he is being paid by the Johnsons.  Gase is the one who put his reputation on the line for Douglass and highly recommended him to the Johnson's and he got the job.

That is it...it's called blind loyalty and tho it sux for Jet fans, it does serve a purpose for Douglass seeing by keeping Gase, he comes across as a loyal "friend". And at same time, he knows that this is a 2-3 year rebuilding project and so keep on sucking and gaining as much as draft capital along the way as possible. Now I'm not saying Douglass doesn't want the Jets too be competitive...he most certainly does. But the win/loss record? I do'nt think it truly matters to Douglass at this point.  

So we are stuck with Gase culture or no culture....QB whisperer or no QB whisperer....motivational head coach or non motivating head coach. I truly believe Gase is here for the rest of the season. One caveat and I said it yesterday. If we continue to play non competitive football like the last two weeks and the Jets are something like 1-9...2-8 by the week 11 bye, it's possible Douglass can't justify keeping Gase anymore and lets him go than and hands the keys to Greg Williams for the rest of the season. That IMO is the best case scenario for Gase to be done. Otherwise, he's here for the duration and he gets let go during the offseason.

You make a ton of good points and I'm 1000% convinced the only reason Gase still has a job and why he'll continue to have the job as Jet HC is because he...Gase is the main reason why Douglass has the GM gig and the huge amount of dinero he is being paid by the Johnsons.  Gase is the one who put his reputation on the line for Douglass and highly recommended him to the Johnson's and he got the job.

That is it...it's called blind loyalty and tho it sux for Jet fans, it does serve a purpose for Douglass seeing by keeping Gase, he comes across as a loyal "friend". And at same time, he knows that this is a 2-3 year rebuilding project and so keep on sucking and gaining as much as draft capital along the way as possible. Now I'm not saying Douglass doesn't want the Jets too be competitive...he most certainly does. But the win/loss record? I do'nt think it truly matters to Douglass at this point.  

So we are stuck with Gase culture or no culture....QB whisperer or no QB whisperer....motivational head coach or non motivating head coach. I truly believe Gase is here for the rest of the season. One caveat and I said it yesterday. If we continue to play non competitive football like the last two weeks and the Jets are something like 1-9...2-8 by the week 11 bye, it's possible Douglass can't justify keeping Gase anymore and lets him go than and hands the keys to Greg Williams for the rest of the season. That IMO is the best case scenario for Gase to be done. Otherwise, he's here for the duration and he gets let go during the offseason.
JD may have input, but Gase doesn't report to him. It's Twiddledum(b);s  decision while Twiddledee is in the UK promoting corruption and offending co-workers.

JD may have input, but Gase doesn't report to him. It's Twiddledum(b);s  decision while Twiddledee is in the UK promoting corruption and offending co-workers.
I get that but I'm telling ya...Douglass is the one who will decide if and when Gase goes. And don''t as I said a few times discount the "loyalty" factor that Douglass very likely feels towards Gase. Listen, it might not make sense nor be logical but I'm convinced it will be a factor in Gase very likely lasting the entire season. We'll see and I hope hope hope I'm wrong but on this one...I think unfortunately I'm going to be right and Douglass due to Gase helping bigtime his getting the GM gig, will not can his ###.

Okay, folks, silver lining time. I'm posting from this source because I know my good buddy NYRAGE just adores PFF. Herewith the good news.

PICK NO. 11: OT MEKHI BECTON, NEW YORK JETS

2020 overall grade: 79.7

Despite coming out of his debut with an injury, Mekhi Becton played against the 49ers in Week 2 and had another impressive debut. His life was made significantly easier when the 49ers lost Nick Bosa to a torn ACL just 11 snaps into the game, but Becton blocked what was in front of him and surrendered only two hurries across 37 pass-blocking snaps.

He has now allowed just four total pressures across his first two games en route to strong run-blocking grades, making him arguably the most impressive rookie offensive lineman so far this season. - Pro Football Focus

Okay, folks, silver lining time. I'm posting from this source because I know my good buddy NYRAGE just adores PFF. Herewith the good news.

PICK NO. 11: OT MEKHI BECTON, NEW YORK JETS

2020 overall grade: 79.7

Despite coming out of his debut with an injury, Mekhi Becton played against the 49ers in Week 2 and had another impressive debut. His life was made significantly easier when the 49ers lost Nick Bosa to a torn ACL just 11 snaps into the game, but Becton blocked what was in front of him and surrendered only two hurries across 37 pass-blocking snaps.

He has now allowed just four total pressures across his first two games en route to strong run-blocking grades, making him arguably the most impressive rookie offensive lineman so far this season. - Pro Football Focus
I think I'm seeing things....something positive and the Jets in the same sentence...hmmmmm. I need to check this again...lol

I think I'm seeing things....something positive and the Jets in the same sentence...hmmmmm. I need to check this again...lol
And Pro Football Focus has to eat crow on Becton, because they questioned the selection and did some first-guessing (Sam Monson) that doesn't look so good right now for them. They were all over the Jets for their moves to improve their offensive line, saying that they invested money on unproven guys and that it was a bad risk to do so. They could still be borne out right, but Becton has apparently stood out as quality.

Best overall grade of the rookie first-rounders? Chase Young of Washington. Second? Becton.

I had a dream about this and I'm almost positive this is going to happen because this is the Jets we are talking about come late December.

Heading into the Week 16's final game of the season vs New England, Jets will be humming along on the way to the #1 overall pick and Trevor Lawrence with a 2-13 record. The Lions will be 3-12 and are our only competition. If Jets lose...they lock up the #1 pick.If the Lions win we lock up the #1 overall pick no matter what happens in Foxboro.  If they win however and Lions lose, they end up 2nd to the Lions due to tiebreakers and #### that the Lions have over the Jets.

The Patriots who have locked up the #1 WC spot have nothing to play for and coach hoodie who never ever rests his starters sees that he can screw the Jets once again by letting them win and he won't have to game plan for Lawrence for the next half dozen years, so he rests all of his starters for most part. Jets go all out and play everyone...Darnold looks amazing, throws for 450 yds and 4 TD's and Jets win at Foxboro 42-13. Meanwhile Lions with 2 seconds left in 4th quarter down 19-17 to the Vikings,  Matt Prater with a chance to win the game misses a 25 yard chippy, Lions lose and Jets end up with the #2 overall pick.

Anyone want to make a bet with me that this is exactly the scenario that will play out for the Jets.? Yeah didn't think so.....lol

Let me bring you back to doom and gloom. Did you hear Avery WIlliamson's comments? Basically that we don't practice to win. Oh boy. He was on the FAN and spoke his mind. He probably didn't enjoy watching that bum Ogletree get beat on that long td instead of him playing.

Anyone want to make a bet with me that this is exactly the scenario that will play out for the Jets.? Yeah didn't think so.....lol
I got a feeling of sadness because I know it's likely to be true. We're gonna win just enough to not get Lawrence. Or, in typical Jets fashion, they'll get number one but overthink it and take a different quarterback rated a little more highly by the scouts. Watching Lawrence for the rest of his career becomes sheer football weekly torture.  

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread