What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (6 Viewers)

TLEF316 said:
I mean.....Jacksonville isn't going to win a game,  but you have to laugh that now Cleveland is going to be down all these guys vs the Jets.

I've spent the last 6 days trying to find some way to not feel like absolute #### about what happened on Sunday and find some reason to keep watching this franchise. I just can't.   I dont want to hear about other QB's. (not buying this Zach Wilson nonsense. He makes some plays and occasionally fits a nice throw in, but I dont see much zip on the sideline routes at all) and I dont see how you can draft Sewell and move one of the 2 to RT. I'm all for building a beastly O-line but you're basically setting yourself up to lose one of them (since they'll likely both want to be paid as top Left tackles).

At this point, I gotta think the entire pre-draft process is going to be the Jets making everyone think they're in love with Sewell to try and get the Bengals (or someone else) to pay a king's ransom to trade into the spot.
Yeah, it is a problem. One of Sewell or Becton would join the ever growing list of Jets 1st rounders to not get a second contract. A quarterback at 2, gets the typical NJ/NY pressure, and the added bonuses of direct and constant comparisons to both Lawrence and Darnold (if he goes to the Colts, Frank Reich will make him at least league average). Wilson or Fields would have to be a mental giant. 

I think the Jets are picking 1st or 3rd or later. I don't see them staying at 2 if they land there.

Also, I like the Cardinals losing today. It increases the odds of the Bears choking tomorrow. Pro football can be very mental at times.

It ain't over

--------------------------------------

Dale Lolley@dlolley_pgh

That ought to make the Jets play hard, right? Win one for Gase.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Hearing it is very likely the Jets make a coaching change by Monday if they lose to the Browns tomorrow

Take them any way you can get them. I'm no expert here. @Maximus* and I have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to winning.

I can remember listening and watching the Jets and Rangers when I was four (1971) I can remember watching the Mets in the 73 playoffs. I was six then.

I was only 2 when the Jets won the Super Bowl, so I missed that one. We haven't even been to the Super Bowl since then.

I didn't really follow the Knicks until the mid-70s, so I really missed their 2 championships in my lifetime. We all know how the Rockets series turned out.

1986 was my only Mets Championship. I watched them lose in the WS a couple of times.

1994 was my only Rangers Championship. I got to see them lose 3 times (72, 79, 2014)

Man, that's a lot of losing over the years for only 2 Championships.
Yah, we've had it tough my friend. I'm not much older than you and like you, I was to young to recall 1969-1970 when Jets ,Mets and Knicks won championships.

I've only been to two parades in my life...Mets '86 and Rangers '94....that's it. I blame my Dad for all this misery I've had in my life, seeing had he not been a Brooklyn Dodger fan and hated the Yankees so much, he never would have became a Met fan when the NL came back to NY in 1962. Had Joe Namath not signed with the Jets in 1964 and fallen for him, he never would have switched allegiances from the Giants and taken me and my brother to tons of Mets and Jets games and got season tickets to the Jets till they left for Jersey in '84. Unfortunately I was too young to remember too much all those great Willis Reed, Clyde Frazier, Bill Bradley, Dave Debusscher, Earl Monroe Knick teams.

Only thing I can't blame good ole Pop for is the Rangers as he never liked hockey, so that's my fault that the Rangers came calling to me, as I started playing roller hockey when I was 5 when we lived in Brooklyn and than when we moved to the suburbs of Rockland County, I learned how to ice skate and hence I really fell in love with the sport and Jean Ratelle, Rod Gilbert, Steve Vickers and Brad Park. 

So yeah misery and frustration has accompanied me my entire fandom and I've accepted my fate in life which is why whenever the Mets, Jets, Knicks or Rangers forget winning a championship,  even those teams making the playoffs, it's cause for celebration for me...lol

Per Rapoport who always seems to be wrong about the Jets

Coaching candidate for 2021? Wink Martindale. I've heard this elsewhere. Maybe Tony Pauline. Can't remember for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I know arm strength isn't everything, but we're grasping at straws in hopes of finding positivity for the Jags. Give me the guy with the big arm in an upset situation. Maybe he'll pull a Cutler. 

eta*  :lmao: Never give up, I guess. 
Glennon has the longest neck of any living human, so if they need a QB sneak (assuming they get near the goal-line), it is a huge advantage over Minshew if he just sticks his head down for the carry.

Saw somewhere that many NFL executives believe it the Jets get the #2 overall pick they will keep Darnold as their starting QB so if assume either trade the pick or take a non QB prospect.

Saw somewhere that many NFL executives believe it the Jets get the #2 overall pick they will keep Darnold as their starting QB so if assume either trade the pick or take a non QB prospect.
Most seem to think the same, that they probably give Darnold another year if they don’t land Lawrence. Especially if they think that neither Fields or Wilson is likely to be much of an upgrade and build elsewhere in free agency and the draft.

Figure I'll ask here as IDP talk is lacking.

What do y'all expect from Neville Hewitt today? Is it overthinking things to expect a huge tackling game from him with the browns presumably looking to run all day?  (Yeah, this is basically a WDIS with hewitt, cunningham and r Smith, it's really hard to bench Smith or cunningham)

What do y'all expect from Neville Hewitt today? Is it overthinking things to expect a huge tackling game from him with the browns presumably looking to run all day?  (Yeah, this is basically a WDIS with hewitt, cunningham and r Smith, it's really hard to bench Smith or cunningham)
Hewitt is a fine choice in IDP action.

Yeah I think he'll be solid and the thinking makes sense.

Hewitt has been a better IDP play than Cunningham since Adams emerged anyway. This is without even factoring in the Browns running heavy and the Jets home-field IDP scoring.

Browns limping into town.....unless Jets have complete let down it should be a win....if Jax wins it would be like tearing the stitches out of a recent surgery.....

Based on the position we are in I am hoping Sam finishes strong as Id rather move fwd in 2021 with him than one of the rooks.  

Browns limping into town.....unless Jets have complete let down it should be a win....if Jax wins it would be like tearing the stitches out of a recent surgery.....

Based on the position we are in I am hoping Sam finishes strong as Id rather move fwd in 2021 with him than one of the rooks.  
Oh how the worm has turned. Not laughing at you, but it's funny how in one week we go from the worst team of all time to talk about us letting down this week. lol

Oh how the worm has turned. Not laughing at you, but it's funny how in one week we go from the worst team of all time to talk about us letting down this week. lol
Lol - if the Browns were 100% I wouldnt be close to this nervous.......they have literally practice squad WRs and missing their LT......they could run all day but that is usually the Jets strength....hope im wrong but see the Jets having a good chance to win this one....

Lol - if the Browns were 100% I wouldnt be close to this nervous.......they have literally practice squad WRs and missing their LT......they could run all day but that is usually the Jets strength....hope im wrong but see the Jets having a good chance to win this one....
I don't think you're wrong at all. I was laughing about this last night. The Jags are preserving their loss and our chances of winning keep increasing.

Might as well burn it (my hopes) to the ground. Let's go Sam!

It wouldn't be. But using the #2 to do it isn't using that pick to its max.
Just wanted to check back in, and despite arguing the other way I now agree. Basically the reason you can’t do it (and you said the same) is because you can’t pay two LTs and whichever one is RT for the Jets will be a LT on the market.

Hopefully Douglas can trade down, but that’s always easier said then done and the only hope is for one of the other QBs to start getting hyped.

I’m on this page for now. Would prefer to see Sam finish strong (even if it’s just for his trade value) since they’re locked into the 2 pick. Jacksonville is not winning a game.

Chark with a great catch on third and long for a second first down. Now Ogunbawale with a long run. I'm feeling it

Per Rapoport who always seems to be wrong about the Jets

Coaching candidate for 2021? Wink Martindale. I've heard this elsewhere. Maybe Tony Pauline. Can't remember for sure.
Loved him on Tic Tac Dough

87 is a little old for a head coach but still would be bettet than Gase

-QG

3-0 Jags. And our second team, the Bengals just scored a td. Great day so far.
:lmao:  they are just trying to take away an sweat I have for Sewell.  They are totally winning this game against a Houston team that doesn't even have a 1st-round pick to tank for (imagine the Dolphins getting Sewell in exchange for Tunsil essentially :unsure: ).

If we do dead cat bounce our way out of the top-3 will then hope we go all the way and destroy another Ratbirds season in week 17.

Happy tanking!

-QG

There's always Indy! 
Well we just took the lead. Gase now opens up the playbook. Gotta give him a chance to show his bag of tricks in 2021.

The Jags get called for pass interference on a ball thrown out of the end zone. I give up. Time to focus on the second pick.

Herndon was an all-world tank artist, but now playing well since he got instructions to actually start catching passes.

Jags td

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if the jags somehow win but the Jets also win again solely because Cleveland is playing the janitor at WR. Would be fitting 

Mixed feeling as you guys damaging the Browns playoff chances would make me happy but then I would sad as it clinches the division for the Steelers and then I would be happy that we can eliminate the Ravens but then that would put the Browns in the playoffs maybe.  So many feels! :confused:

-QG

I watched the game in question in the comfort of my house. We won. Then we went out and beat them the next week in a spanking and near-shutout, IIRC. 
the next week wasn't a near shutout (Bengals actually had an early lead) - yeah I froze my ### off at that game two.  If you think you guys have a negative fan base you got nothing on the Bengals.  We had the lead and the ball in Jets territory and one stupid (and I mean stupid) Marvin challenge and the people around me are moaning "ugh here we go...." and that dude with the giant Bengals foam fingers is a bigger fraud than Fireman Ed.  I was behind him and that dude gave up in the like the 3rd quarter.  Of a playoff game.  Bad times.

-QG

the next week wasn't a near shutout (Bengals actually had an early lead) - yeah I froze my ### off at that game two.  If you think you guys have a negative fan base you got nothing on the Bengals.  We had the lead and the ball in Jets territory and one stupid (and I mean stupid) Marvin challenge and the people around me are moaning "ugh here we go...." and that dude with the giant Bengals foam fingers is a bigger fraud than Fireman Ed.  I was behind him and that dude gave up in the like the 3rd quarter.  Of a playoff game.  Bad times.

-QG
You guys might be more negative.

Hell, my friend predicted that we would start out 4-0 this year. I asked him if he was on mushrooms. Of course, the optimism only usually lasts a game.

Users who are viewing this thread