What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (9 Viewers)

San Fran is missing Deebo and might be missing Kittle and Aiyuk. That doesn't leave them with great options in the passing game. Taking your helicopter team (no wings) and flying cross country to go face eight in the box when the Jets are relatively effective against running offenses doesn't sound like the greatest thing.

I still wouldn't bet the Jets. Give me San Fran.

Everyone liked that signing I believe.
I was making a terrible joke.  Mostly because of how bad the rest of the team is, and how crowder shouldn't be the WR1 anywhere.

San Fran is missing Deebo and might be missing Kittle and Aiyuk. That doesn't leave them with great options in the passing game. Taking your helicopter team (no wings) and flying cross country to go face eight in the box when the Jets are relatively effective against running offenses doesn't sound like the greatest thing.

I still wouldn't bet the Jets. Give me San Fran.
The best "jet" on the field will probably be "jet" McKinnon.  Expect a bounce back game from San Fran who will be looking to prove the AZ game was a fluke against a way over matched jets line. I don't trust Gase to find a way to move darnold around in the pocket enough so that he isn't getting hit on every pass attempt.

Apologies for lashing out a bit yesterday - but I was having a really bad day and the constant pessimism (while well deserved) got to me more than it should have.

Just to clarify my position a little. I know this team is in perpetual rebuild mode so no one wants to face that reality that we're in the middle of one again, but I think what Douglass is doing is the smart move (rolling cap space over). He took over a team that Mac and the prior idiot had run into the ground this team had such little talent on the roster mostly because it threw away draft picks for years. He wants to build through the draft, and that's how good teams operate, Bad teams throw money around in free agency and the Jets were one of those bad teams. How did that work out?

There was no way he was going to be able to rebuild this roster in one full offseason (don't forget Mac handled free agency and the draft last offseason). The top priority was to rebuild the o-line and he did all he could to address it - it was not going to be a finished project in Year 1. Sure most of the pieces he brought in are stop gap players but protecting Sam was the most pressing issue in order to assess his progress. While everyone was ####ting on the Mims pick yesterday, no one called out the home run he seemed to hit with Becton. Obviously he has a long way to go still but he looked great on Sunday. With no true offseason, the line as a whole was not going to come together in Week 1, lets give it some time to gel. The Bills have a great front seven and the line had some leaks but it was not the disaster of the last several seasons up front.

As far as weapons around Sam, it's easy to say he should have kept Robbie Anderson around now but I don't remember anyone that was crying after they let him walk. Breshad Perriman is so much more physically gifted than Anderson, and it was inaccurate to say that up until the last four games of last season he had done nothing in his career. Injuries killed his time in Baltimore but he showed signs of life in Cleveland in 2018, and was spectacular to close out 2019. And yes of course he was only afforded that opportunity because Evans and Godwin were out, but guess what, the Jets do not have Evans or Godwin. I'm not giving up on him after one week where their idiot coach failed to use him correctly (which of course may not be a one week issue see. L'Veon Bell). I think starting this week we will see Perriman look as good as Robbie Anderson ever did. With that said, Perriman is also a stop gap type acquisition and I don't think Douglass is counting on him to be the log term savior of this offense.

As far as Mims go I stand by calling him "the next Hill" as lazy analysis (but the way I said it was lashing out and not constructive so sorry @rockaction and @Kiddnets). The comparison starts and ends with big second round WR. They are two different individuals and despite the black cloud that surrounds all Jet fans there is no connection between the two. Sure it's disappointing that he's been banged up this offseason and is starting on the IR, but these things happen sometimes. Odell Beckham Jr. also started his career that way. Maybe Mims is the next Beckham ( or the next Hill). I think he is a talented player that we have to give a chance. Bottom line is that was another attempt to surround Darnold with talent, and was done the right way, through the draft. If it doesn't work out we have two first round picks next year and two the year after to bring in talent. Once again it will take time to build this roster properly.

I loved Darnold and still have hope but I'm starting to get tired of the excuses. Yes, Gase's play-calling is horrific and yes Darnold does not have Evans, Godwin and OJ Howard lining up with him but Herndon, Perriman, Crowder and hopefully Mims is not a terrible group of receivers. Top QBs elevate the players around them as well. Look at the progress Josh Allen is showing and let's not pretend that the Bills are loaded with skill players. 

Sunday was a disaster and it crushed me so I get the frustration but I still believe in Douglass and I think he's building this team smartly and the right way.Unfortunately at season's end we likely have to start over with another new HC, but hopefully this time they make a good choice.

I'm not expecting them to win this Sunday but it's a long season, so let's hope to see some progress. 

Last edited by a moderator:
agree on JD he's between a rock and a hard place, Macc left the cupboard pretty bare...  I just want to see Sam progress and the O-line to gel, and Sunday was so depressing to see Sam look like he regressed.  The anti-gase hate is so overwhelming as a fan, its tough to watch.  The good news is that the extra picks can be evaluated by Joe D with College ball in full swing, there was some concern that no one would know the true rankings of players this year...

the sample size is tiny though, its just not fair to look at anything from the past week, it really is a week 8 where are we at time of thing...

Rough year on all accounts, no 2020 respite as a Jets fan that's for sure , but what else is new!

Had a long post typed out but accidentally deleted it :wall:

The bottom line is that we're all frustrated with the team in both the short and long term. We can all see how this likely plays out over the next couple of years.

- Sam going into next year under his 3rd HC in 4 years with NO idea whether he's any good

- Jets likely spending a top 8 pick (but not high enough to get Lawrence/fields) on a much needed WR (It HAS to be done)  who PROBABLY wont be a #1 in his first year.

- A defense likely devoid of any sort of elite play maker (since they're going to HAVE TO spend at least one of their first rounders next year on a receiver), weighed down by a 2 years-rusty Mosley making a bajillion dollars while totally mailing it in.

I just dont know if i can wait for JD to have TWO more drafts to see if we have anything.

Just brutal.  Unless they get once in a decade lucky and get 3 or 4 starters outside the first round of next year's draft, we're still looking at 2 more years before they MAYBE have a prayer of being in the mix (and that's assuming Darnold is actually even a league-average QB)

I mean, at the end of the day, we still need a long term #1 WR, several corners, a pass rusher and probably at least 2 more really good o-linemen.   (and that's at a minimum.  There's also likely holes to be filled at MLB, running back, etc.)  We're just not even close.

Apologies for lashing out a bit yesterday - but I was having a really bad day and the constant pessimism (while well deserved) got to me more than it should have.

Just to clarify my position a little. I know this team is in perpetual rebuild mode so no one wants to face that reality that we're in the middle of one again, but I think what Douglass is doing is the smart move (rolling cap space over). He took over a team that Mac and the prior idiot had run into the ground this team had such little talent on the roster mostly because it threw away draft picks for years. He wants to build through the draft, and that's how good teams operate, Bad teams throw money around in free agency and the Jets were one of those bad teams. How did that work out?

There was no way he was going to be able to rebuild this roster in one full offseason (don't forget Mac handled free agency and the draft last offseason). The top priority was to rebuild the o-line and he did all he could to address it - it was not going to be a finished project in Year 1. Sure most of the pieces he brought in are stop gap players but protecting Sam was the most pressing issue in order to assess his progress. While everyone was ####ting on the Mims pick yesterday, no one called out the home run he seemed to hit with Becton. Obviously he has a long way to go still but he looked great on Sunday. With no true offseason, the line as a whole was not going to come together in Week 1, lets give it some time to gel. The Bills have a great front seven and the line had some leaks but it was not the disaster of the last several seasons up front.

As far as weapons around Sam, it's easy to say he should have kept Robbie Anderson around now but I don't remember anyone that was crying after they let him walk. Breshad Perriman is so much more physically gifted than Anderson, and it was inaccurate to say that up until the last four games of last season he had done nothing in his career. Injuries killed his time in Baltimore but he showed signs of life in Cleveland in 2018, and was spectacular to close out 2019. And yes of course he was only afforded that opportunity because Evans and Godwin were out, but guess what, the Jets do not have Evans or Godwin. I'm not giving up on him after one week where their idiot coach failed to use him correctly (which of course may not be a one week issue see. L'Veon Bell). I think starting this week we will see Perriman look as good as Robbie Anderson ever did. With that said, Perriman is also a stop gap type acquisition and I don't think Douglass is counting on him to be the log term savior of this offense.

As far as Mims go I stand by calling him "the next Hill" as lazy analysis (but the way I said it was lashing out and not constructive so sorry @rockaction and @Kiddnets). The comparison starts and ends with big second round WR. They are two different individuals and despite the black cloud that surrounds all Jet fans there is no connection between the two. Sure it's disappointing that he's been banged up this offseason and is starting on the IR, but these things happen sometimes. Odell Beckham Jr. also started his career that way. Maybe Mims is the next Beckham ( or the next Hill). I think he is a talented player that we have to give a chance. Bottom line is that was another attempt to surround Darnold with talent, and was done the right way, through the draft. If it doesn't work out we have two first round picks next year and two the year after to bring in talent. Once again it will take time to build this roster properly.

I loved Darnold and still have hope but I'm starting to get tired of the excuses. Yes, Gase's play-calling is horrific and yes Darnold does not have Evans, Godwin and OJ Howard lining up with him but Herndon, Perriman, Crowder and hopefully Mims is not a terrible group of receivers. Top QBs elevate the players around them as well. Look at the progress Josh Allen is showing and let's not pretend that the Bills are loaded with skill players. 

Sunday was a disaster and it crushed me so I get the frustration but I still believe in Douglass and I think he's building this team smartly and the right way.Unfortunately at season's end we likely have to start over with another new HC, but hopefully this time they make a good choice.

I'm not expecting them to win this Sunday but it's a long season, so let's hope to see some progress. 
Well technically, I did pimp Becton after Sunday's game:

On 9/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, NYRAGE said:

Positives from yesterday's game:

1. Maye was a beast

2. Becton played really well for his first game

3. Mann's leg didn't fall off

Concerns:

1. Everything else: DEFCON 1!

Ha. Anyway, I agree with a lot of the above.  I have hope for Mims. It's just a tough start with the injury and missing what little there was of camp this year. Comparisons to Hill were kind of silly at this point.

Maccan't was so bad. JD could only do so much.

Perriman is coming off a bad bone bruise and played against shutdown  T White last week. It's premature to bury him. I still swear that Perriman is better than Anderson although unproven in comparison especially due to health.  Perriman was having a great camp until the bone bruise. We'll see. Anderson had 39 yards going into that play with 8 minutes left in the game. If the CB and Safety both don't whiff badly, would we be talking about Anderson today?  Ok, it's not fair to discount Anderson's 75 yard td. Credit must be given, but my point is if either clown had been competent, no one would be talking Anderson this week.

Free agency didn't really offer much help at the WR position. If someone like Robinson is truly available, they should jump on it. I doubt he is though.

If you look at tape of the game or something like Baldy's breakdown, Darnold just made some mind-numbing plays, weapons or not. That's the scary part.

I’ll put it this way: I don’t know if Douglass will workout or crash and burn. Bearing in mind that our history surely indicates the latter is more likely, I’m really liking his approach. Haven’t felt this good about a GM since Tannenbaum and Mangini were a tandem (albeit they operated with a short term plan). I have trust in him it’s unfortunate we’re saddled with Gase, wasting a season.

No worries Doc - Jet rage is real and no offense taken.....this banter is like therapy and sometimes you need to just get to the other side.

I agree with most of what you posted - 

JD needs more time and I like the cap space.....but how can they evaluate Sam properly with the pass catchers he has?  I cant remember a worse group of WRs.....I didnt cry when Robby left but I do recall thinking it was a pretty fair deal - it would have been worth it to keep someone who had chemistry with Sam in addition to Perriman....it was dangerous to count on Mims even if he was healthy - 

If Sam looks like he did vs Buffalo then its an easy evaluation - he cant make some of those mistakes no matter who he is throwing to.....despite the hysteria I dont think they will get the #1 so Sam is likely safe for another 2 yrs which is fine by me based on his potential - but if he looks like he did vs Buffalo then all bets are off

Comparing players is lazy to an extent - but being a Jets fan for 40+ yrs you see patterns.....Mims start of his career is not good.....like that you can compare him to OBJ but when was the last time that happened for the Jets?  Much easier to point to a bust like Hill - its unfair but when you are talking 4 decent/good 2d rd picks in 25 yrs I tend to be pessimistic.  Im going to try to let them play out because it isnt fair - but man Id like to Q to show something and Mims when hes healthy

being in a perpetual rebuild is brutal - in the NFL you have lots of teams that go from bad to good in a year - 3-4 yr plans are rare.....we are going on 10 yrs....and the owner thinks all is well....im tired of the bar being progress.....and not even getting that.  Look no further than the Giants - they knew Mcadoo was a bad coach in under 2 yrs and he didnt even make the 2d season.....they need to realize that any true rebuild cant move fwd with Gase.....which im not sure they realize at all.....frustrating.  

Yeah, no sweat on the temperament of posting @Dr. Octopus. I'm not really concerned about it.

Right now, we'll agree to disagree. The Jets (as a whole) and this rookie have and has not shown up to camp in physical (and/or mental) football playing shape. That drives me nuts in this day and age. That screams to me to be a red flag, though I'm not giving up on him, like others have said. That would be foolish to do so. 

But right now, we've got a guy sidelined for the better part of two months and he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. Henry Ruggs III at least made the field to get tackled. That's what I'm saying. This is more Stephen Hill than Steve Fantastic. 

And Kittle is out this week. Looks like a lot of Dante Pettis and Kendrick Bourne. I have Mostert in two leagues. The Jets are gonna stack the box. Bummer. 

Comparing players is lazy to an extent - but being a Jets fan for 40+ yrs you see patterns.....Mims start of his career is not good.....like that you can compare him to OBJ but when was the last time that happened for the Jets?  Much easier to point to a bust like Hill - its unfair but when you are talking 4 decent/good 2d rd picks in 25 yrs I tend to be pessimistic.  Im going to try to let them play out because it isnt fair - but man Id like to Q to show something and Mims when hes healthy

being in a perpetual rebuild is brutal - in the NFL you have lots of teams that go from bad to good in a year - 3-4 yr plans are rare.....we are going on 10 yrs....and the owner thinks all is well....im tired of the bar being progress.....and not even getting that.  Look no further than the Giants - they knew Mcadoo was a bad coach in under 2 yrs and he didnt even make the 2d season.....they need to realize that any true rebuild cant move fwd with Gase.....which im not sure they realize at all.....frustrating.  
Right now, Mims needs to focus on recovering his hamstring injury to be 100% healthy.  Then he can focus on capitalizing a golden opportunity when given a chance to produce on the field with depleted receiving team.

For a minute I forgot that Q Williams was on the team. Things have gotten so bad in general that we haven't even gotten around to consider if he's another in a long line of draft busts. Maybe it's too early to tell, but he's had no impact at all and needs to show something this year.

Putting aside the awful play calling and coaching n general - Gase flat out quit.....its the NFL and he was down 24-6 in the 4th and just ran Gore up the middle and was in run out the clock mode.....for a team that pulled the monday night miracle it was insulting......he stares at his sheet all game and has minimal interaction with the players....hes an OC and a poor one at that....he is not a leader of men and not an NFL HC......if CJ had any stones he would send a message that quitting is not acceptable and fire him tonight.......0 chance it happens but it really should!!!!!  

Putting aside the awful play calling and coaching n general - Gase flat out quit.....its the NFL and he was down 24-6 in the 4th and just ran Gore up the middle and was in run out the clock mode.....for a team that pulled the monday night miracle it was insulting......he stares at his sheet all game and has minimal interaction with the players....hes an OC and a poor one at that....he is not a leader of men and not an NFL HC......if CJ had any stones he would send a message that quitting is not acceptable and fire him tonight.......0 chance it happens but it really should!!!!!  
We saw the quitting last year in the first half.

I don't know what is worse: watching those 1 yard WR passes on third and long or going for a fg late in the third down by 21? Darnold will be Hackenberg by the middle of the season.

Let's not let G Williams off the hook either. He was great last year, but this year...um.  He said that we were almost dominant last week. Now we give up a long rushing td on the first play of the game. Later in the game, it's third and over 30 yards to go and SF runs one for 55 yards. Unreal. It's painful to see how slow we are on both offense and defense.

At this point, how can we not root for Gase to be fired and for Lawrence with the first overall pick?

We saw the quitting last year in the first half.

I don't know what is worse: watching those 1 yard WR passes on third and long or going for a fg late in the third down by 21? Darnold will be Hackenberg by the middle of the season.

Let's not let G Williams off the hook either. He was great last year, but this year...um.  He said that we were almost dominant last week. Now we give up a long rushing td on the first play of the game. Later in the game, it's third and over 30 yards to go and SF runs one for 55 yards. Unreal. It's painful to see how slow we are on both offense and defense.

At this point, how can we not root for Gase to be fired and for Lawrence with the first overall pick?
how is quitting tolerated?  It was clear as day Gase gave up....both O and D were terrible against SF's B team.....

Bart Scott made an interesting comment post game - though I still mis Ray Lucas - Jets timeline does not match Sam's.....its going to take the Jets at least 2-3 yrs to be competitive....Sa would need a 2d contract which would put him at least $20M per yr......Lawrence would allow a reset of 5 yrs of a rookie QB contract....Sam looked terrible again today.....the rookie for SD looks more poised under pressure in his 1st game......Im losing patience 

how is quitting tolerated?  It was clear as day Gase gave up....both O and D were terrible against SF's B team.....

Bart Scott made an interesting comment post game - though I still mis Ray Lucas - Jets timeline does not match Sam's.....its going to take the Jets at least 2-3 yrs to be competitive....Sa would need a 2d contract which would put him at least $20M per yr......Lawrence would allow a reset of 5 yrs of a rookie QB contract....Sam looked terrible again today.....the rookie for SD looks more poised under pressure in his 1st game......Im losing patience 
Yes he does. Which QB at this point doesn't? Rosen for sure. Haskins maybe.  He's regressing big time under this coach.

jet fan?  Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, itchy chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home, feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, club foot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, split ends, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids.

jet fan?  Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, itchy chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home, feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, club foot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, split ends, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids.
Ha, I hope you copied that from somewhere otherwise that's a lot of creativity and effort.

Ha, I hope you copied that from somewhere otherwise that's a lot of creativity and effort.
Between this and the thread title change, it does make me sad that a casualty of COVID is not seeing the creativity and effort of the NYJ fanbase at games voicing displeasure -- booing, the signage, the expressions, etc. This is not a shy crowd, and wonder if fans were there vociferously showing how much Gase is disappointing them, it would add that much fuel to the fire around his departure.

Who knows.

I do know I miss seeing those uber-passionate outrageous and outspoken fans -- NYJ, NTG, PHI, even the Bills Mafia --  this year.

Between this and the thread title change, it does make me sad that a casualty of COVID is not seeing the creativity and effort of the NYJ fanbase at games voicing displeasure -- booing, the signage, the expressions, etc. This is not a shy crowd, and wonder if fans were there vociferously showing how much Gase is disappointing them, it would add that much fuel to the fire around his departure.

Who knows.

I do know I miss seeing those uber-passionate outrageous and outspoken fans -- NYJ, NTG, PHI, even the Bills Mafia --  this year.
I don't think a coach has ever been hated this much since the infamous Rich Kotite. I doubt all the frustrations in the world would make a difference in this case though.  This ownership is as tone-deaf as there is.  They extend coaches and GMs while everyone else is calling for their heads. It's almost as if they don't want to admit that they made a bad hiring, so they give the coaches & GMs a long leash or extend them in an effort to give them more time to prove they were the right hire.

To make matters even worse, these idiot owners will extend and fire the Coach/GM in different timelines. It's just complete malfeasance.

I don't think a coach has ever been hated this much since the infamous Rich Kotite. I doubt all the frustrations in the world would make a difference in this case though.  This ownership is as tone-deaf as there is.  They extend coaches and GMs while everyone else is calling for their heads. It's almost as if they don't want to admit that they made a bad hiring, so they give the coaches & GMs a long leash or extend them in an effort to give them more time to prove they were the right hire.

To make matters even worse, these idiot owners will extend and fire the Coach/GM in different timelines. It's just complete malfeasance.
You obviously make a good point Rage as the Kottite comparison is pretty much apropos as this the most visceral anger I've ever seen for a Jet HC's head in my almost 50 years of fandom. Just spitballing here but hat I'm wondering and which greatly concerns me, which could be an obstacle in Gase getting canned sooner rather than later is didn't Gase have not just a little but alot too do with Douglass getting the GM gig in the first place? 

I believe that is the case and so one would think that Douglass, even as smart and savvy of a guy as he is, might feel an unwarranted but understandable loyalty to Gase to have him at the very least finish out the year no matter who crap ### we are seeing if you get canned middle of the year, it don't get much more embarrassing than that and it might even hurt Gase's chances of ever getting a job again.

To clarify, I'm not saying it's the right move as obviously I don't because frankly I'd rather Greg Williams take over the rest of the season and see how the team does. But it's something too keep in mind as we all clamor for Gase's head and that Douglass got his job due to Gase and so we might have to live with this #### no matter who much we ##### and moan till after the season where Douglass would probably feel he could let Gase go a bit more justifiably and let Gase walk away with whatever dignity he has left.

I get that every situation is different and that the Jets have a horrible coach and NO weapons right now.....but man is it demoralizing to see Justin Herbert come in cold with exactly 30 seconds of notice in week 2 and nearly lead his team to a win over the the superbowl champs.  He looked significantly better than Darnold despite no first team reps and a limited training camp.

Starting to get more and more sure that Sam isn't the guy. (whether his fault or not) I kinda think he might be ruined.

agreed strongly on last few posts.....

the Jets are an official laughingstock and are the joke of every analyst and fan today - I have yet to see or hear one single defender or believer in Gase.....except the owner who hired him.  The Jets pride themselves in being a "family" more than an organization......id be absolutely shocked in Gase is fired during the year - its just not done by the Jets - even Kotite who won 3 games in 3 yrs with a more talented team than this got the entire season before he infamously "wasn't fired and didn't quit - stepped down"  

CJ has lost any semblance of good will he had with the fans - where he seemed better than Woody he has now proven himself to be just as poor.  He made a poor decision by letting Mac stay a few months too late to hurt the organization....made an awful decision on Gase and is now going to stubbornly refuse to address it....he wants so bad to be right and be able to shove it down everyones throat but it just wont happen.....Gase is that bad

My biggest fear is CJ lets Gase ride this out and they find a way to poach a few meaningless wins and they sell "progress" and this clown gets another year.....dont tell me its not possible.  

Its literally the Kotite era without a Parcells out there to come to the rescue.

You obviously make a good point Rage as the Kottite comparison is pretty much apropos as this the most visceral anger I've ever seen for a Jet HC's head in my almost 50 years of fandom. Just spitballing here but hat I'm wondering and which greatly concerns me, which could be an obstacle in Gase getting canned sooner rather than later is didn't Gase have not just a little but alot too do with Douglass getting the GM gig in the first place? 

I believe that is the case and so one would think that Douglass, even as smart and savvy of a guy as he is, might feel an unwarranted but understandable loyalty to Gase to have him at the very least finish out the year no matter who crap ### we are seeing if you get canned middle of the year, it don't get much more embarrassing than that and it might even hurt Gase's chances of ever getting a job again.

To clarify, I'm not saying it's the right move as obviously I don't because frankly I'd rather Greg Williams take over the rest of the season and see how the team does. But it's something too keep in mind as we all clamor for Gase's head and that Douglass got his job due to Gase and so we might have to live with this #### no matter who much we ##### and moan till after the season where Douglass would probably feel he could let Gase go a bit more justifiably and let Gase walk away with whatever dignity he has left.
Well, at least we'll have Lafreniere in 2 weeks.  My friend in NY said that if we won the Draft lottery, that he would buy me a Laf jersey.  Last year, he said if we got Panarin and drafted Kakko, that he would send me a KK jersey. It's a beauty. I got a professional version. My Rangers closet is looking better with each draft.

agreed strongly on last few posts.....

the Jets are an official laughingstock and are the joke of every analyst and fan today - I have yet to see or hear one single defender or believer in Gase.....except the owner who hired him.  The Jets pride themselves in being a "family" more than an organization......id be absolutely shocked in Gase is fired during the year - its just not done by the Jets - even Kotite who won 3 games in 3 yrs with a more talented team than this got the entire season before he infamously "wasn't fired and didn't quit - stepped down"  

CJ has lost any semblance of good will he had with the fans - where he seemed better than Woody he has now proven himself to be just as poor.  He made a poor decision by letting Mac stay a few months too late to hurt the organization....made an awful decision on Gase and is now going to stubbornly refuse to address it....he wants so bad to be right and be able to shove it down everyones throat but it just wont happen.....Gase is that bad

My biggest fear is CJ lets Gase ride this out and they find a way to poach a few meaningless wins and they sell "progress" and this clown gets another year.....dont tell me its not possible.  

Its literally the Kotite era without a Parcells out there to come to the rescue.
It could happen even if they don't win those meaningless games. The Johnsons are complete morons.

It could happen even if they don't win those meaningless games. The Johnsons are complete morons.
I always thought people were too hard on the Johnsons.....its clear they want to win and I have seen them spend money on players.....but the Bowles/Gase eras have shown they are clueless....they need to divest themselves of anything football related and let JD pick the coach....this awful set up of the GM/HC reporting to the guys who know nothing is destroying the franchise.....

I always thought people were too hard on the Johnsons.....its clear they want to win and I have seen them spend money on players.....but the Bowles/Gase eras have shown they are clueless....they need to divest themselves of anything football related and let JD pick the coach....this awful set up of the GM/HC reporting to the guys who know nothing is destroying the franchise.....
Unfortunately I doubt they have the self awareness or desire to admit that it's not working and to change the  reporting structure.

Look at the Mets. It took financial ruin to finally get them to sell the team. The Wilpons meddled in every decision. I don't think the Johnsons meddle in all the decisions, but they certainly screw up the big ones like who they hire.

Unfortunately I doubt they have the self awareness or desire to admit that it's not working and to change the  reporting structure.

Look at the Mets. It took financial ruin to finally get them to sell the team. The Wilpons meddled in every decision. I don't think the Johnsons meddle in all the decisions, but they certainly screw up the big ones like who they hire.
I was so mad at Belichick for fleeing the Jets....now I just am even more impressed as he saw this mess coming.....

Well, at least we'll have Lafreniere in 2 weeks.  My friend in NY said that if we won the Draft lottery, that he would buy me a Laf jersey.  Last year, he said if we got Panarin and drafted Kakko, that he would send me a KK jersey. It's a beauty. I got a professional version. My Rangers closet is looking better with each draft.
Yes the future of our Rangers is ridiculously promising as I have no doubt that of the 4 NY franchises I've lived and died with the past almost 50 years..the Knicks, Rangers, Mets and Jets, the Rangers by far AINEC, have the best chance for me to attend another parade before it's curtains for me. 

The last time I've ever felt this despondent as a Jet fan was the years from 1971 when I first became a fan and started to truly understand football, when the Jets drafted my favorite Jet of all time to this day, John Riggins till 1981 while in college when "Todd was God" and the "NY Sack Exchange" took over NY as we made the playoffs for first time since 1970. 

For those 10 years tho the Jets stunk, they at least gave us fans some hope. I used to go to all the games at Shea in 1977 thru 1979 and guys like Gastineau, Lyons, Klecko, Todd, Marvin Powell, Fields, Wesley Walker, Mickey Schuler you knew eventually we would be good. And we were right cause the Jets were very very good for a few years.

Now tho, I am as hopeless than I've felt in my Jet fandom. and I'm as big of a glass half full type of guy as your ever going to meet. than I have felt since the 1970's which were very very lean years as I said earlier. We are looking at realistically and this is if everything Douglass does going forward goes right, another 2 and more likely 3 years till we are even competitive again let alone a winning franchise. So that would have meant 12 or 13 of the last 14 years from 2011, other than that one fluky 2015 season when I still to this day don't know what kind of deal Fitzy made with the devil to become so good that season, we would have been in major suckage.

I mean we aren't even competitive the past few years. To go over a decade withought, forget having a winning a team, but even a competitive one, is startling to say the least and it just magnifies the ineptitude of this franchise. Our only hope folks is if Douglass's draft and UFA signings all pan out. Not just some but all of them otherwise, we could be looking at not just 2-3 years till we even have a shot at being competive but more like 5-6. I mean it don' t get much more worse than this.

Ugggggg....I'm starting to get annoyed as I type this ####....this team drives me nuts. Them and the Mets....give me a drink and it's not even 11 AM....lol

I get that every situation is different and that the Jets have a horrible coach and NO weapons right now.....but man is it demoralizing to see Justin Herbert come in cold with exactly 30 seconds of notice in week 2 and nearly lead his team to a win over the the superbowl champs.  He looked significantly better than Darnold despite no first team reps and a limited training camp.

Starting to get more and more sure that Sam isn't the guy. (whether his fault or not) I kinda think he might be ruined.
The worst part of this early season is seeing guys like Herbert, Allen, Burrow, and other young guys make some "rookie" mistakes but otherwise excel while all we get from Sam is the "rookie" mistakes.

Most times Joe B goes way overboard - but today it will be a must listen rant and I will be rooting him on......"oh the pain!!!!!!"

If Mike and the Mad Dog could get Piazza to the Mets.....maybe Joe B and weeks of ripping Gase will get Gase fired...

Users who are viewing this thread