What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (6 Viewers)

Douglas faces a lot of really difficult decisions over the next 6 months. Might have the most difficult decisions among GM's to make. 

Who's the next coach? Won't be able to get as good a candidate now that they're out on Lawrence. Doesn't mean they won't get a good coach, but definitely a difficult decision just got more difficult. I'd rather go to LAC if I'm a HC. Or JAX now. HOU needs a coach and despite a lack of assets, they still have a fantastic player at the most important position in Watson. Jets can offer two things: picks and cap. They'll have a high pick (and another 1st) and cap room. Some young players look bright in NY, but we're mostly offering picks and cap.

What do you do at the most important position at QB? Stick with Darnold and hope a new coach can correct his path? Draft a guy at #2? The next HC will undoubtedly have some sway here.

And what about FA? Lots of cap room, but this can go a number of different ways. Sign another Trumaine Johnson or Le'Veon Bell? Or spend it wisely? 

I have more faith in Douglas than Maccagnan or Idzik. But he's got a hell of an offseason ahead of him. 

If I've been kept up at night due to the LAR win, I can't imagine what it's like for Douglas. 
You make good points, but I doubt JD lost sleep over it. You don't sit there as a GM all year long hoping that you remain win-less and only focus on Lawrence.

You keep scouting and analyzing as if you might get the second or third pick (or lower).  I'm sure he has planned many scenarios especially when he didn't mandate playing Morgan or some of they younger players (yeah you Gore). He may end up losing sleep from the regret of not stepping in and forcing Gase to use certain players, but I'm sure that he knew the risk. Maybe pride got in his way and he didn't want to go down in history with a win-less team. Or maybe Gase had too much pull around the organization. Who knows.

He may have been hoping for Lawrence, but he's probably thinking, ok, plan B (unless the Jags pull a miracle). GMs tend to be more pragmatic than fans. Or at least you hope they are.

Jets went from a hot coaching destination where coaches like Cower were crowing about it to being one of the least desirable....the win literally crushed the franchise and these dopes running it are clueless....they cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars over the next 10 yrs by just being too stubborn/stupid to play the game and start Morgan....Im sure the meaningless win will carry over like the big impressive run they had against glass teams at the end of 2019....damn im getting fired up again
I personally called out of work Monday. Just too fired up. 

You make good points, but I doubt JD lost sleep over it. You don't sit there as a GM all year long hoping that you remain win-less and only focus on Lawrence.

You keep scouting and analyzing as if you might get the second or third pick (or lower).  I'm sure he has planned many scenarios especially when he didn't mandate playing Morgan or some of they younger players (yeah you Gore). He may end up losing sleep from the regret of not stepping in and forcing Gase to use certain players, but I'm sure that he knew the risk. Maybe pride got in his way and he didn't want to go down in history with a win-less team. Or maybe Gase had too much pull around the organization. Who knows.

He may have been hoping for Lawrence, but he's probably thinking, ok, plan B (unless the Jags pull a miracle). GMs tend to be more pragmatic than fans. Or at least you hope they are.
of course he did - no GM wants to have a zero win season on his resume....Im sure he has a ton of variables.....

but someone in the organization - one of the trust fund baby Johsons - should have stepped up and said "let's not be stupid here....we are 3 games away from the most exciting player entering the league in a decade...it literally means a ton more season tickets and interest in our product...all we have to do is start a 4th rd QB which is reasonable to evaluate with 3 games left......"  unfortunately no one has that common sense in the franchise which is why they are losers and laughingstocks

True. I think once the possibility of getting Lawrence was there (I doubt he hoped to lose all year), it's a disappointment. 100% JD is more pragmatic than me. If he isn't, we're in serious trouble. There's a reason I'm not a GM. I would've been on a really long bender in Vegas after this win. 

I don't know if Pat McAfee was joking on his podcast yesterday but he was saying how there were rumors certain people in the front office were upset when IND won during Luck's year. 

I think JD is already working on a backup plan. A lot of the QB stuff will also be decided with the new coach. 

Hopeful stat for you guys.

25 teams in the Super Bowl Era had entered the game losing 13 in a row (the way the Jags are).

12 of those 25 won at least 1 of the next two games (48%).

The mayor of Jacksonville may want the tank.  The ownership may want the tank.  But the almost sure to be outgoing coach wants to win and those players want to win.  

Any given Sunday.

-QG

Hopeful stat for you guys.

25 teams in the Super Bowl Era had entered the game losing 13 in a row (the way the Jags are).

12 of those 25 won at least 1 of the next two games (48%).

The mayor of Jacksonville may want the tank.  The ownership may want the tank.  But the almost sure to be outgoing coach wants to win and those players want to win.  

Any given Sunday.

-QG
James Robinson, third in rushing yards, has ankle sprain. He will sit. That is, as much to say, your bright spot is not playing. Jaxsonville would prove themselves stupid trying to win this game. They will out stupid Gase’s Jets? 😳

James Robinson, third in rushing yards, has ankle sprain. He will sit. That is, as much to say, your bright spot is not playing. Jaxsonville would prove themselves stupid trying to win this game. They will out stupid Gase’s Jets? 😳
Backup RB gets a chance to prove himself.  And if it gets down to the Bears needing a FG who knows.

I just realized the Colts game is more problematic.  They will 1pm that sucker to guarantee it at least is relevant for the division title if not clinching playoffs.

But the Bengals made a 4th and a zillion TD pass from Dalton to Boyd to knock the Ratbirds out in an otherwise meaningless game. Ya nevuh know.

-QG

of course he did - no GM wants to have a zero win season on his resume....Im sure he has a ton of variables.....

but someone in the organization - one of the trust fund baby Johsons - should have stepped up and said "let's not be stupid here....we are 3 games away from the most exciting player entering the league in a decade...it literally means a ton more season tickets and interest in our product...all we have to do is start a 4th rd QB which is reasonable to evaluate with 3 games left......"  unfortunately no one has that common sense in the franchise which is why they are losers and laughingstocks
Yeah, if we're relying on the guy that called Gase a genius just a couple of months ago to step in, then we're all on some serious mushroom/LSD/PCP cocktail.

Unfortunately all Jets fans know that we rot from the top and will be in a perpetual greased slide to the bottomless pit.

Backup RB gets a chance to prove himself.  And if it gets down to the Bears needing a FG who knows.

I just realized the Colts game is more problematic.  They will 1pm that sucker to guarantee it at least is relevant for the division title if not clinching playoffs.

But the Bengals made a 4th and a zillion TD pass from Dalton to Boyd to knock the Ratbirds out in an otherwise meaningless game. Ya nevuh know.

-QG
I have not heard any talk about Frank Reich trying to keep Trevor Lawrence out of the division like I heard that garbage about Belichick. (I do know the Colts have not clinched a playoff berth yet). 

Last edited by a moderator:
The competition is suspect, but our future QB looks pretty good right now on ESPN
JT O'Sullivan (former 49ers QB) did a good breakdown of one of Wilson's games on youtube. I'd like to rewatch some of his games ideally. 

A lot of it is going to be finding the right match with whoever will be calling plays on offense. That's really going to optimize the development of whoever they roll with here. They've gotta marry the two so they both fit each other. 

Pick the right QB and surround him with the coaching that complements and develops the guy's existing skillset. Daboll was a great pick for developing Allen. Roman (although some claim Mornhinweg played a sizeable role in laying the foundation here) was a great pick with Jackson. 

If they draft Wilson and pick another Gase, they're just going in circles. They have a better GM at the helm now than they did with Maccagnan or Idzik. Hopefully he can really convince ownership of the right coach.

I have not heard any talk about Frank Reich trying to keep Trevor Lawrence out of the division like I heard that garbage about Belichick. (I do know the Colts have not clinched a playoff berth yet). 
Nor have we heard any talk about Trevor pulling a Manning and refusing to play in Jacksonville...media just loves to bash the Jets.....not that there isnt good reason....

The competition is suspect, but our future QB looks pretty good right now on ESPN
 Rage my boy, I just don't see Douglass pulling the trigger at #2 for Wilson or any of the QB's.

I'm as of this very moment 50/50 as to whether Joe D stays at 2 and takes Sewell or he tries too trade down with teams that likely crave Sewell like a Cincy or San Diego(not a misprint...they'll always be San Diego to me) or maybe even Jerry World and picks up some more draft capital.

Heck I think there is a better chance Douglass brings in Wentz than he does drafting a QB in the 1st round....thoughts?

Rage my boy, I just don't see Douglass pulling the trigger at #2 for Wilson or any of the QB's.

I'm as of this very moment 50/50 as to whether Joe D stays at 2 and takes Sewell or he tries too trade down with teams that likely crave Sewell like a Cincy or San Diego(not a misprint...they'll always be San Diego to me) or maybe even Jerry World and picks up some more draft capital.

Heck I think there is a better chance Douglass brings in Wentz than he does drafting a QB in the 1st round....thoughts?
I tend to agree with you....I think JD really likes Sam and wants to give him one more shot....I can see the 2 main scenarios being draft Sewell (or swapping one spot with Cincy for an extra mid rd pick)  and crushing that OL or trading down if there  is a big time offer he cant refuse....that would only happen for a QB so it would benefit the Jets if Fields plays well vs Clemson and the Wilson hype continues to grow...

I can see the Wentz possibility - but the more I think about it that contract is too rough to trade anything of value for him....if the Eagles gave a pick to take him ala the Texans a few yrs ago I could maybe see him doing it but dont see him trading anything of near value....

JT O'Sullivan (former 49ers QB) did a good breakdown of one of Wilson's games on youtube. I'd like to rewatch some of his games ideally. 

A lot of it is going to be finding the right match with whoever will be calling plays on offense. That's really going to optimize the development of whoever they roll with here. They've gotta marry the two so they both fit each other. 

Pick the right QB and surround him with the coaching that complements and develops the guy's existing skillset. Daboll was a great pick for developing Allen. Roman (although some claim Mornhinweg played a sizeable role in laying the foundation here) was a great pick with Jackson. 

If they draft Wilson and pick another Gase, they're just going in circles. They have a better GM at the helm now than they did with Maccagnan or Idzik. Hopefully he can really convince ownership of the right coach.
Yeah, I watched some of his videos yesterday. interesting stuff

Here is his video of Darnold's game against the Rams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6LErPz7vM

Zach WIlson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T36Gk6czPio

Nor have we heard any talk about Trevor pulling a Manning and refusing to play in Jacksonville...media just loves to bash the Jets.....not that there isnt good reason....
you're right - they only do that stuff to some of our teams.  the one note they hit the Jags on is always attendance/moving. Florio is the king of that stuff.

-QG

I was joking about that last night, but hey you never know.

I honestly don't know what he will do. I could see him go in a variety of routes and not be shocked with any of them. 

You don't draft that high and pass on a QB when you're not really set at QB.  He could easily go with a QB. He could go with Pennel. He can trade down (or even a couple of times) He's fairly creative, so anything is possible. So while it sucks that Trevor isn't the move anymore, it does open him to a multitude of options.

As far as Darnold goes, if he loved him, he probably would have done more to help him this year. To me, it felt like JD was taking a pass on this year and setting up the team for next year. If he keeps him, he's definitely not picking up that option.

As far as Wentz goes, he was pretty awful this year and has an injury history. Most importantly, he comes with a big price tag.  I don't think that's the route that JD takes imo. I think he drafts a rookie QB that comes with that affordable contract for 4-5 years.

I was joking about that last night, but hey you never know.

I honestly don't know what he will do. I could see him go in a variety of routes and not be shocked  with any of them. 

You don't draft that high and pass on a QB when you're not really set at QB.  He could easily go with a QB. He could go with Pennel. He can trade down (or even a couple of times) He's fairly creative, so anything is possible. So while it sucks that Trevor isn't the move anymore, it does open him to a multitude of options.

As far as Darnold goes, if he loved him, he probably would have done more to help him this year. To me, it felt like JD was taking a pass on this year and setting up the team for next year. If he keeps him, he's definitely not picking up that option.

As far as Wentz goes, he was pretty awful this year and has an injury history. Most importantly, he comes with a big price tag.  I don't think that's the route that JD takes imo. I think he drafts a rookie QB that comes with that affordable contract for 4-5 years.
I really don't believe Douglass we'll bring in Wentz either as I was just using him as an example of a QB that might be available because I firmly believe Douglass will not take any of the QB's at #2.

You know, you do bring up something that I hadn't thought of which is like he did with Mims on draft day, Joe D might keep trading down from 2 and keep acquiring more draft picks until he settles into a spot he's comfortable at like 10 or 11 and than he takes a cover corner like a Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley or he could take one of those O lineman like a Wyatt Davis or the best WR in the draft Ja'marr Chase which would be more apropos to take at this point in the draft.

Douglass is going to have so many options. The one option I hope he doesn't go and don't think he will go is take a QB at #2. It's either take Sewell and figure out what to do with both Becton and him for me or trade down...simple as that. I'm betting they trade down!

It was painful listening to all the takes on sports radio....especially Don Lagreca and Joe Beningo....I just cant grasp how they truly believe that winning a meaningless game and no going 0-16 is more important that getting Lawrence....it was just brutal

I really don't believe Douglass we'll bring in Wentz either as I was just using him as an example of a QB that might be available because I firmly believe Douglass will not take any of the QB's at #2.

You know, you do bring up something that I hadn't thought of which is like he did with Mims on draft day, Joe D might keep trading down from 2 and keep acquiring more draft picks until he settles into a spot he's comfortable at like 10 or 11 and than he takes a cover corner like a Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley or he could take one of those O lineman like a Wyatt Davis or the best WR in the draft Ja'marr Chase which would be more apropos to take at this point in the draft.

Douglass is going to have so many options. The one option I hope he doesn't go and don't think he will go is take a QB at #2. It's either take Sewell and figure out what to do with both Becton and him for me or trade down...simple as that. I'm betting they trade down!
I could still see him take a QB after making a trade or two and banking an extra couple of picks.

I just need to get through these next couple of weeks so that we can start watching our boy Alex score some goals for our beloved Rangers. After this horrific season, it was good to finally watch some hockey last night.

I really hope he doesnt....it reminds me of Parcells being too cute when he had the #1 pick in the year with Orlando Pace as #1....he traded down multiple times and drafted James Farrior who was just a tad over a JAG and didnt even have his best years with the Jets....and a lot of mediocre players....meanwhile Pace ended up in the HOF.....they have enough picks at this point...they need top players not quantity....grab Sewell who everyone agrees is the most sure fire lock outside of Trevor....you also improve the QB by picking him as well.....

It was painful listening to all the takes on sports radio....especially Don Lagreca and Joe Beningo....I just cant grasp how they truly believe that winning a meaningless game and no going 0-16 is more important that getting Lawrence....it was just brutal
I basically shut down after that win. I'm shocked that these sports radio guys aren't saying the opposite. Everyone seemed to take joy at us losing the first overall pick. I wanted to punch Schefter after he tweeted that Lawrence pic of him in a Jags jersey. I did not even want to listen to WFAN.

I really hope he doesnt....it reminds me of Parcells being too cute when he had the #1 pick in the year with Orlando Pace as #1....he traded down multiple times and drafted James Farrior who was just a tad over a JAG and didnt even have his best years with the Jets....and a lot of mediocre players....meanwhile Pace ended up in the HOF.....they have enough picks at this point...they need top players not quantity....grab Sewell who everyone agrees is the most sure fire lock outside of Trevor....you also improve the QB by picking him as well.....
Didn't they pass on Walter Jones for Farrior?

I heard their takes as well. Beningo honestly I've never gotten the impression he knows much about college players. I don't think he watches any college games and think he just went along with whatever Evan would tell him about those players. For example, I don't think he has a clue who Kyle Wilson is. Beningo is old school too the tee and so I could see him not wanting to lose a game any game even if it meant the Jets would be getting a generational talent.

Lagreca made  some interesting points yesterday and I kind of take his opinion a bit more seriously seeing he isn't a Jet fan first off and he defintily knows more about the college game than Beningo does. 

Bottom line is yeah is sux we lost out on Lawrence but if Douglass plays his cards right and I do have confidence he will because I have bigtime faith he is the right guy for the task, the Jets just might be able to make chicken soup out of the chicken #### situation we found ourselves in.

Now if Maccagnon or Idzik were making the decisions, I'd be in major panic mode. But for now, I mean there are worse things in life than having the 2nd overall pick in the draft...just sayin!

I could still see him take a QB after making a trade or two and banking an extra couple of picks.

I just need to get through these next couple of weeks so that we can start watching our boy Alex score some goals for our beloved Rangers. After this horrific season, it was good to finally watch some hockey last night.
Dude I hear ya...hockey can't come back soon  enough. Rangers are going to be must watch TV this year. What I'm going to say next is likley blasphemous but I'm going to say it anyways....I'm actually looking forward to watching the Knicks this year beginning tonight. I know crazy...I get it.

I got sucked in tho this preseason watching all these kids of ours...Toppin, Quickley, Barrett, Knox and Robinson play well together. So with a competent head coach in Tom Thibodeau  for a change of pace, I'm actually kind of excited to watch how these kids develop and maybe see some exciting basketball at the Garden for the first time since Linsanity was all the rage. That my friend was a very looooonggggg time ago. 

So yeah...give me some Rangers and Knicks for the next few months until the Mets start it up again and they as well should be pretty damn exciting especially when they sign George Springer and Trevor Bauer...hmmmm...😎

Dude I hear ya...hockey can't come back soon  enough. Rangers are going to be must watch TV this year. What I'm going to say next is likley blasphemous but I'm going to say it anyways....I'm actually looking forward to watching the Knicks this year beginning tonight. I know crazy...I get it.

I got sucked in tho this preseason watching all these kids of ours...Toppin, Quickley, Barrett, Knox and Robinson play well together. So with a competent head coach in Tom Thibodeau  for a change of pace, I'm actually kind of excited to watch how these kids develop and maybe see some exciting basketball at the Garden for the first time since Linsanity was all the rage. That my friend was a very looooonggggg time ago. 

So yeah...give me some Rangers and Knicks for the next few months until the Mets start it up again and they as well should be pretty damn exciting especially when they sign George Springer and Trevor Bauer...hmmmm...😎
No, I can understand. I'm actually looking forward to watching tonight's game. I just wonder how long my interest will last.

You must be enjoying the DJ Lem rumors. Let's just sign Springer already. I don't think they are interested in Bauer, but we'll see.

Q goes on the IR.

Yep - football is over as far as im concerned....Im a Nets fan....hence the name lol....having KD and Kyrie on the team and being a pick to win it all is so crazy that Im having trouble adjusting...

Yep - football is over as far as im concerned....Im a Nets fan....hence the name lol....having KD and Kyrie on the team and being a pick to win it all is so crazy that Im having trouble adjusting...
There is still about 10 minutes of watching the Jags to go.

Lucky you. At least you've had something to root for these years. With the Knicks, it's rooting for the lottery despite the inevitable drop in draft slot. Well, at least there are draft picks these days. The Jets are the Patriots compared to the Knicks.

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see how your Nets do. Funny but I'm old enough to remember when the Nets were in Long Island and when Doctor J was there. Seeing it was the ABA I could root for the Nets withought giving up my Knicks fan card. Those Nets back than were damn good. Let's see if this year's team can equal those Dr.J, Larry Keenan, Billy Paultz, Wendal Ladner, Brian Taylor Nets...hmmmm....lol.

On another note, been meaning to ask you this but I always forget, back in the day I used to be a big wrestling fan and the avitar you have seems too look like Bobby "The Brain" Heenan...yes? no? Inquiring minds need to know...haha

wait was Benigno happy with the win!?!?

I was gonna see if our good buddy Raider Nation put up any recording of him losing his mind at this win.

Wasn't he on board for what was regarded as sck for Sam?  Or am I remembering wrong?

-QG

wait was Benigno happy with the win!?!?

I was gonna see if our good buddy Raider Nation put up any recording of him losing his mind at this win.

-QG
Yeah...he was quite the contrarian yesterday on Carton and Roberts. He almost sounded as if he was on ambien or something. Very mellow and was just fine with the Jets winning. I dunno, I really don't think Beningo gets the Lawrence factor. In fact I'll go as so far to say that the only thing Beningo is really good at is remembering alot of the #### back in the 70's,80's and 90's whether it be the Jets, Mets, Knicks and Rangers somewhat. But when it comes to current stuff, I defer to Roberts as he knows his ####. Beningo is only good at ranting when the Jets lose and now that he's retired, I think the meds have kicked in...lol

Please don't.
I'd taken a different tone in answering this, but I still want to post it. You've moderated poorly. You took a gaslighting troll in both this and the dynasty stash thread and let him be while warning a long-time member. That's not a good job. It's a Patriots fan known to constantly say inflammatory things in threads like "Jacksonville won't outstupid the Jets" in their own thread and you're going to let that go while renaming the title of the thread and castigating and likely suspending long-time members. No bueno. Bad job in understanding the overall context of things.  

There is still about 10 minutes of watching the Jags to go.

Lucky you. At least you've had something to root for these years. With the Knicks, it's rooting for the lottery despite the inevitable drop in draft slot. Well, at least there are draft picks these days. The Jets are the Patriots compared to the Knicks.
I know this may sound nuts but I think the Knicks are finally doing things the right way....build thru the F'n draft!. And they got a head coach who has some credentials as well. Maybe just maybe the Knicks could end up in 2 years from now where our Rangers are today as their rebuild has been phenomenal and just about to bear fruit.

Would it not be glorious to have the Garden rocking again for both the Knicks and Rangers at same time like it used to back in the good ole 90's? Man those were some fun times attending both Knick and Rangers games.  Maybe if Douglass plays his cards right this upcoming draft and UFA, even Met Life might come to life in a few years or so....imagine that!!...😎

I know this may sound nuts but I think the Knicks are finally doing things the right way....build thru the F'n draft!. And they got a head coach who has some credentials as well. Maybe just maybe the Knicks could end up in 2 years from now where our Rangers are today as their rebuild has been phenomenal and just about to bear fruit.

Would it not be glorious to have the Garden rocking again for both the Knicks and Rangers at same time like it used to back in the good ole 90's? Man those were some fun times attending both Knick and Rangers games.  Maybe if Douglass plays his cards right this upcoming draft and UFA, even Met Life might come to life in a few years or so....imagine that!!...😎
It's something that they should have started doing decades ago. One piece at a time. I'm not sure that 2 years is enough. Will we finally get an NBC version of Panarin to join the Knicks? Anyway, hopefully we get to see lots of Robinson, Quick, RJ and Knox.  We finally have a respectable coach.

In Jets news, when asked if he has talked to management about his future, Gase said that he's not worried about it. 

Maximus* said:

I don't know how that second half is going to go, but you couldn't ask for a better first half. Barrett and Burks are killing it. Plus Randle has 8 assists.

Thread title edited? I mean I’m obviously just joking when I said “Trevor looks like an ugly girl.”. He’s actually pretty hot.

woodstock said:
a Patriots fan known to constantly say inflammatory things in threads like "Jacksonville won't outstupid the Jets" .
You have to admit he’s kind of right.

Andy: Happy Valentine’s day

Erin: oh how cute and dog and a bird

Andy: Snoopy and Woodstock 

Erin: You named them?

Andy: Well, Charles Shultz did

NYRAGE said:
Douglas did sign some o-linemen and Perriman, and draft Becton and Mims. Perriman and Mims were injured for the early games and Herndon was a let down.
I do agree generally, we don’t know Douglas loves Darnold and I can’t see how you could pick up that option - which almost means why even keep him.

Douglas did sign some o-linemen and Perriman, and draft Becton and Mims. Perriman and Mims were injured for the early games and Herndon was a let down.
I do agree generally, we don’t know Douglas loves Darnold and I can’t see how you could pick up that option - which almost means why even keep him.

Becton and Mims were a start, but look at how every team with a "franchise QB" immediately surrounded their QB with talent. Buffalo, Ari, KC, etc.

We went super cheap with a bunch of jags on the o-line even though they were upgrades to the horrific bums that we had last year. None are really long-term impact players. Just a bunch of guys holding the fort.  Gore and Perine aren't weapons. Yeah, Herndon really bumbled his opportunities this year.

JD could have doubled up on WRs in the draft and could have helped Darnold more this year instead of drafting Davis, Zuniga, and Morgan. I don't know. Maybe it's a conspiracy theory that he was kind of throwing in the towel on the season and perhaps on Darnold.

I watch more than I should videos of analysts critiquing Darnold's performances (on top of what we witness every week). It's pretty atrocious. Regardless of the talent or lack thereof around him, Darnold misses so many open guys, misses reads, makes late or forced passes, bad situational awareness, commits turnovers, etc. Then he will mix in an incredible pass once in a blue moon that makes you go, hmm, maybe he does have the talent after all.

I can understand how people want Sewell, but I've got to think that JD sees how bad Darnold is and will still go with a QB.  Even with Gase and lack of premiere talent excuses, Flacco has performed better.  Albeit, Darnold has had a bum shoulder, but his durability is another of his weaknesses. I don't see how JD passes up a QB in this draft especially considering Darnold's contract situation.

In 4 games, Flacco had 6 tds, 3 Ints, was sacked 7 times, and has an avg QBR of 57.5.

In 10 games, Darnold has 6 tds, 9 ints, was sacked 30 times, and has an avg QBR of 43.2   Straight up poop.

Users who are viewing this thread