What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (8 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet the over in Vegas on wins. I wonder what the lines are for seven wins. That’s how I see the Jets doing. After all, we play the AFC South this year. 

Bet the over in Vegas on wins. I wonder what the lines are for seven wins. That’s how I see the Jets doing. After all, we play the AFC South this year. 
While I’m sure most other teams are looking at the Jets as a “W” on the schedule, I did notice their schedule isn’t so tough this year. 

They’ve got Wilson’s u/o at 3850 yards. That’s a tall order. That would be fifth-best in rookie history, even though I know he gets an extra game. 

Honestly while it’s not ideal it’s fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things. If he looks good against the Giants next Saturday no one will care what he did in the Green/White scrimmage.

yeah, I know. I'm sort of half kidding.

But the kid basically wetting his pants against a bad secondary the first time the lights were even sort of turned on is not a good sign.

Whatever. Hopefully next week will be better./

And honestly....I'm probably more annoyed about the Mims situation at this point. Are they really about to turn a 2nd round pick that actually showed some promise into a worthless asset? It kinda seems that way.

yeah, I know. I'm sort of half kidding.

But the kid basically wetting his pants against a bad secondary the first time the lights were even sort of turned on is not a good sign.

Whatever. Hopefully next week will be better./
I didn’t see any highlights (don’t think they were allowed to film) but yes it’s surely disappointing but from what I read he pressed after some early drops. I’m actually starting to think the defense could surprise this year with reports on how Mosley looks and with the pressure they’ll get upfront. That’s not an excuse for Wilson though.

I mean if you had any doubts to begin with this isn’t a good start, but like I said in one week it could be meaningless.

And honestly....I'm probably more annoyed about the Mims situation at this point. Are they really about to turn a 2nd round pick that actually showed some promise into a worthless asset? It kinda seems that way.
There’s still time for this to work itself out but I do agree. I would think the goal, while always being trying to win, should lean more towards developing young players this season. Mims size and speed should be something they’re trying to infuse into the offense.
To be fair maybe he’s giving the staff no choice though.

Not a fan of the NYJ v NYG game being the first preseason game. While it's ultimately meaningless to everyone but Rex Ryan its a lot more fun to watch when the starters play at least a half.

I guess this Moore guy they picked up off waivers is a fairly promising guard? (And apparently a good scheme fit)

Anyone else getting slightly concerned about Becton? Apparently Lawson is basically beating him for 3 sacks a day.

Its just practice and I think Lawson will be good, but not a great sign from our franchise LT. Lawson has been taking him to the woodshed for 2 weeks now.

Anyone else getting slightly concerned about Becton? Apparently Lawson is basically beating him for 3 sacks a day.

Its just practice and I think Lawson will be good, but not a great sign from our franchise LT. Lawson has been taking him to the woodshed for 2 weeks now.

After how he looked last season in actual games, I'm not sure why we should worry about a few practices where we really don't know exactly what the "situation" is. In a controlled type setting, I always feel like quick/fast players have the advantage - lets see what happens in preseason games when Becton can be a little more aggressive.

After how he looked last season in actual games, I'm not sure why we should worry about a few practices where we really don't know exactly what the "situation" is. In a controlled type setting, I always feel like quick/fast players have the advantage - lets see what happens in preseason games when Becton can be a little more aggressive.

Overall, I'd agree. But didn't he allow like 7 sacks last year? (While missing some games)

Bad situation and certainly not jumping to any conclusions.  But I think it's something to watch. He's a big huge dude, so it's not totally out of the box to expect him to struggle against speed rushers.

Overall, I'd agree. But didn't he allow like 7 sacks last year? (While missing some games)

Bad situation and certainly not jumping to any conclusions.  But I think it's something to watch. He's a big huge dude, so it's not totally out of the box to expect him to struggle against speed rushers.
Yeah, he did. I think that was quite a few as far as the amount goes. He was ranked 31st among all tackles in PFF's grading. That's okay, but not great. Jury's out. Getting beat by Lawson is no crime. It might be a reflection of how we should be excited about Lawson, who by all accounts, had a really darn good year last year and can hopefully improve upon it. He, Quinnen, Fatukasi, Curry, and Franklin-Myers all look to be part of a good defensive line. Let's hope for success from them.

As for Becton, well, he wasn't Tristan Wirfs, unfortunately.

Jets' Zach Wilson: Playing two series Saturday

(1 hr ago) Wilson will play two series during Saturday's preseason opener against the Giants, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.

Wilson will make his preseason debut Saturday, but with Giants' coach Joe Judge having said that he will handle the first preseason game the way teams used to handle the last one, according to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, he may be facing backups in the opposing defense. Reports surrounding the rookie No. 2 overall pick's performance in camp have been mostly positive to date, though he did struggle in front of fans last Sunday, throwing two interceptions without a touchdown.

I actually think this is very good for him - Becton has never faced an elite pass rusher in practice before....this should make him n even better LT

I pray he's not seriously hurt and won't miss time...but if he does, Crowder is the WR to own IMO. He's steady, a good route runner, and I could see him being the check down/safety valve for Wilson. 

I love the narratives that we're seeing already.

Shaun King: Mond and Trask will be better than Wilson.

Colin Cowherd: Wilson will be a bust

Fields and Lance look amazing in camp. The Jets will be the Jets for drafting Wilson over them.

Mac Jones goes 13/19 for 87 yards. No tds.  "What composure and ownership of the offense".

Fields completes 2 passes for 10 yards, but no first down. - "What touch Fields showed on that 5 yard pass". He then floats a ball that almost gets intercepted and then fumbles on a scramble.  "Fields showed a lot of composure on that drive. "He just needs to learn to take care of the ball".

Wilson would be/will be crucified just because he is on the Jets.

All of these rookies will make mistakes. Hopefully they learn from them and do well. The narratives will be different because we're a punching bag. Only winning on Sundays will get these clowns to stop.  Hopefully Wilson does well tonight, but rookies will make mistakes. Hopefully he improves with each game.

I love the narratives that we're seeing already.

Shaun King: Mond and Trask will be better than Wilson.

Colin Cowherd: Wilson will be a bust

Fields and Lance look amazing in camp. The Jets will be the Jets for drafting Wilson over them.

Mac Jones goes 13/19 for 87 yards. No tds.  "What composure and ownership of the offense".

Fields completes 2 passes for 10 yards, but no first down. - "What touch Fields showed on that 5 yard pass". He then floats a ball that almost gets intercepted and then fumbles on a scramble.  "Fields showed a lot of composure on that drive. "He just needs to learn to take care of the ball".

Wilson would be/will be crucified just because he is on the Jets.

All of these rookies will make mistakes. Hopefully they learn from them and do well. The narratives will be different because we're a punching bag. Only winning on Sundays will get these clowns to stop.  Hopefully Wilson does well tonight, but rookies will make mistakes. Hopefully he improves with each game.
I mean it’s of course possible that all ends up being true but it’s obviously unfair to Wilson, but deep in our hearts we know why that is.

Cowherd is ridiculous because he loved Darnold and said he’d be a star and of course blamed the Jets when he wasn’t so now he has to act like the Jets will ruin Wilson also.

Naturally I’d want him to look great tonight anyway but given all you said I really hope he comes out and moves the ball.

Being an NFL team without a qb sucks. Literally the entire team is riding on Wilson being good and we won't be able to realistically know if he is good for years. 

So glad I'm emotionally divested from this team.

I’m assuming this is the Jets game topic. ;)  

2 nice passes in a row from Wilson. Looks like he’s comfortable out there, making more than 1 read plenty of time. Good clock, too. Has zip on his passes.

He looks like he’s looked in all the highlights I’ve seen of him. Buy low window closing rapidly. I think this kid’s a baller. 

I’m assuming this is the Jets game topic. ;)  

2 nice passes in a row from Wilson. Looks like he’s comfortable out there, making more than 1 read plenty of time. Good clock, too. Has zip on his passes.

He looks like he’s looked in all the highlights I’ve seen of him. Buy low window closing rapidly. I think this kid’s a baller. 
He hasn’t done anything exceptional but I’m pleased he looked like an NFL QB and moved the ball well. I’m surely happy with the first look - at the very least we shouldn’t need to hear from people rushing to call him out.

He hasn’t done anything exceptional but I’m pleased he looked like an NFL QB and moved the ball well. I’m surely happy with the first look - at the very least we shouldn’t need to hear from people rushing to call him out.
agreed. From all the reporting I thought he was going to wet his pants & throw 3 picks. 

Everything I see says “NFL QB” to me. Mostly he’s comfortable out there. That’s huge. 

I might put another $50 on that wins over. 

Users who are viewing this thread