What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (5 Viewers)

not sure that helps me off the ledge lol - I view the Pats as a complete anomaly.....Brady makes any OL/WR and RB look good and Belichick can coach up a mediocre defense to old world....Jets dont have either of those luxuries....I still think they need playmakers and studs to help Sam.....even the best QBs need studs - Aikman: Emmitt, Irvin.....Montana: Craig/Rice...Luck: TY Hilton.....Ben: Bell/Brown.....etc....Sam needs some big time players and I just dont see Coleman and Moncrief as much better than what they had last yr...yes Bell would be overpriced but he has proven to be a difference maker who can turn nothing into TDs....not only run well but also be a great safety outlet for Sam....would love to get that stud WR as well but unless they trade down they'll have to wait one more yr......

If they add the top Center and Guard with Bell that is the best they can do this offseason to transform the offense....there would still be more than enough $ to go around and they can grab Bosa/Allen to make that defense playoff ready now....next offseason they can add a LT/WR combo and now they would be playoff ready on both sides of the ball with 3 yrs left on Sam's rookie deal....
Well the only way to add impact WR talent would be via trade and this team just can't give up any draft picks - and Brown seems too nutty to bring aboard and leave Sam having to deal with him.

I won't be upset if they do sign Bell, and admittedly there's a part of me that wants them to. I just don't trust his effort and dedication level after getting paid -but  there's no denying his talent. I think I'm a little higher on Coleman's abilities than you and NYRage as well.

I'm mostly counting on Sam's progression carrying the offense - I believe it can be done. The o-line is key to both the running game and passing game anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys ready for FA? We should hopefully hear quite a bit on Sunday.

I think we're in on Coleman pretty quickly. I don't think Bell has any interest in the Jets unless it's for mega-money and I doubt we'll pay up. 

Center and guard are big needs. This is the one area I'm most curious about.

We need help at CB opposite of Johnson and in the slot.

I think we sign one edge rusher. Hopefully not Fowler. He will get decent money, but seems underwhelming. 

He will probably add one veteran WR. Hopefully he doesn't overpay. 

Are you guys ready for FA? We should hopefully hear quite a bit on Sunday.

I think we're in on Coleman pretty quickly. I don't think Bell has any interest in the Jets unless it's for mega-money and I doubt we'll pay up. 

Center and guard are big needs. This is the one area I'm most curious about.

We need help at CB opposite of Johnson and in the slot.

I think we sign one edge rusher. Hopefully not Fowler. He will get decent money, but seems underwhelming. 

He will probably add one veteran WR. Hopefully he doesn't overpay. 
I'm ready - going in with low expectations so I don't get terribly disappointed. If their first two signings are Saffold and Paradis, I'll start to get excited.

I'm ok with Coleman but wouldn't be overly excited. I do think he adds speed to the offense which is a good thing.

I'm ready - going in with low expectations so I don't get terribly disappointed. If their first two signings are Saffold and Paradis, I'll start to get excited.

I'm ok with Coleman but wouldn't be overly excited. I do think he adds speed to the offense which is a good thing.
OL is huge - if they hit on both Saffold and Paradis that would be great...

Im still rooting for Bell but expecting Coleman....

Hoping for a stud passrusher but think they get a mediocre one in Fowler

Preparing to be underwhelmed but hoping for a few big hits...I still say they need difference maker/playmakers and not spread it around with a bunch of mid level FAs....

We allegedly like Trey Flowers a lot. Rappaport thinks he will make close to $17m a year. We should kick Mac in the nuts if we pay him that much. 

Outstanding move getting Osemele for a 56 pick drop from round 5 to round 6. Instantly becomes the best o-lineman on the Jets. Osemele was a pro bowl guard from 2014-2016, and was still good in 2017, before struggling to play through injury last year, while being saddled with the NFL's worst o-line coach, and playing next to a rookie who was nowhere close to ready at LT.

Outstanding move getting Osemele for a 56 pick drop from round 5 to round 6. Instantly becomes the best o-lineman on the Jets. Osemele was a pro bowl guard from 2014-2016, and was still good in 2017, before struggling to play through injury last year, while being saddled with the NFL's worst o-line coach, and playing next to a rookie who was nowhere close to ready at LT.
love the move - plus no guaranteed $.left.....Saffold will probably be more expensive and much more competition....now go get Paradis, Bell and a pass rusher....

Yeah, seems a good pick up. Needed to make an investment on the o line, especially since there's no franchise tackle available at 3

I like the move as OG seemed like a weak FA class. It's a good move for now. My only concern is this GM keeps bringing in these 2-3 year players. At some point, we'll need to acquire long-term lineman.  Unfortunately as we've been saying for a while and I read elsewhere tonight, our GM believes that the best value for offensive lineman is middle rounds.  It's not a strong class for lineman, so I guess if our GM has a change of heart, then it will have to be next year.

I guess we'll go for Paridis or Morse in FA.  I guess they will try to replace Beachum next year.

The Rams re-signed Fowler. Good, I was hoping we wouldn't go after him.

Pretty happy Amendola signed with the Lions quickly so the Jets didn't waste any money on him.

As bad as Mac has been overall, I will say he's always found good deals with trades - the Osemele one is a no brainer. I hope the first news we see is Paradis being signed and then I'll at least feel good the o-line got some attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. Good start so far. I'm with Dr. Octopus about Paradis. Then you have the core of your line and you can worry about edge rushers and other needs in the draft.  

Anybody intrigued by a mid-round Isabella? I know I'd love to see a 4.31 guy working out of the slot.  

Then you'd have intermediate threat (Enunwa), deep threat (Anderson) and slot guy (Isabella). 

Huh. Good start so far. I'm with Dr. Octopus about Paradis. Then you have the core of your line and you can worry about edge rushers and other needs in the draft.  

Anybody intrigued by a mid-round Isabella? I know I'd love to see a 4.31 guy working out of the slot.  

Then you'd have intermediate threat (Enunwa), deep threat (Anderson) and slot guy (Isabella). 
I like him a lot - not sure he lasts until the third but if he’s there I’d love the pick.

@rockaction Sorry buddy, I just read a Tweet that says a source with knowledge of the situation says that the Jets are the frontrunners for Bell although the Bears are a team to monitor. 

interesting - Crowder for some reason wasnt even on my radar....if its a reasonable deal then Ill take it....has been a solid player, young and should be a good addition to the offensive core.  Should be way cheaper than Humphries.....

Trust me Crowder has great hands, runs great routes. If he had top end speed he'd be an all pro. Skins were stupid to let him walk. Seeing as they have ZERO WRs on the roster right now. Congrats Jets fans, you just got a good one. And off the field, he's a great locker room and community guy. 

interesting - Crowder for some reason wasnt even on my radar....if its a reasonable deal then Ill take it....has been a solid player, young and should be a good addition to the offensive core.  Should be way cheaper than Humphries.....
I think Sam is going to love him - may be their most complete WR.

I think Sam is going to love him - may be their most complete WR.
They dont have a typical #1 WR but I like this signing a lot (depending on the numbers) - if Q comes back healthy....Anderson/Herndon keep improving....and they add a legit RB with Paradis...not much more you can ask for at this point for the offense anyway.....

It's a pretty big number but you usually overpay in free agency.

And at the end of the day, these "overpays" don't really matter until Sam comes up for his big deal. So splurge on a bunch of short deals to put the best possible talent around him.

Now if they could only hit on some draft picks.... 

Maybe I haven't adjusted to the cap increase, but I was hoping for around $7m. 
Agreed it seems high but thats the mkt - Enunwa got 4 yrs for $36M with a much lesser resume.....just the going rate for any WR with upside....wait until you see Humphries/Tate's numbers when they sign!  

His tweet is ridiculous. I don't want this guy on the same side of the Mississippi as the Jets. 

Keep cool Le'Veon, the Bears and Oakland are poised to win now!
MIke Davis signed with the Bears. Maybe they are out on Bell and he's one step closer to East of Miss. 

Hope the reports that it was down to Jets and Bills was true.
It has to be.

Morse got $11m.  I guess Paradis will go for $12+

Interesting that Chicago was in on Bell. They only had $19m in cap space and spent $5.5 on Buster Skrine plus whatever Mike Davis got.

Users who are viewing this thread