What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (2 Viewers)

They can't afford him imo
This is likely the agent seeing how Mosely worked it....no other teams looking to go that high?  Send out a release that the player is considering staying so the Jets need to put distance between what Broncos offered and the new one....looks like Jets had to offer $3M per yr over what Balt did...expect similar with Paradis....Mac knows its a must sign...and so do the agents....I think Jets land him but will be closer to $13M  

Plot twist! LB Anthony Barr has decided to agree to terms to remain with the #Vikings, sources say. He will not be a member of the #Jets after all.

- mike garafolo

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the problem with having to overpay these guys in FA....they dont really want to be here and the "legal tampering" period gives them chance to change their mind.....sucks but let's see how Mac rebound...Justin Houston?   

if this is true - disaster.......used again
I don't know. meh.  What's funny is that last night I was on a Vikings message board and all their fans were saying that he was overrated and glad that he wasn't coming back. The Jets were suckers, etc.  That board will be funny now. 

With Anthony Barr spurning the #Jets, they have some extra money. I’m told they’ve taken some of that money and made a last and final big offer to Le’Veon Bell. It’s decision time for the ex-#Steelers RB.

- Rap

this is the problem with having to overpay these guys in FA....they dont really want to be here and the "legal tampering" period gives them chance to change their mind.....sucks but let's see how Mac rebound...Justin Houston?   
or Ansah

Trying to find the silver lining with it....I stil love Barr but the fact id they were going to use him as an edge rusher which he hasnt done since college.....maybe Houston or another pure edge would be better....also gives them more $ for Paradis and Bell so MAc can rebound if he gets of the mat quick....any way you cut it this is bad PR ...especially after the Cousins fiasco last yr...screw the Vikings!   

Trying to find the silver lining with it....I stil love Barr but the fact id they were going to use him as an edge rusher which he hasnt done since college.....maybe Houston or another pure edge would be better....also gives them more $ for Paradis and Bell so MAc can rebound if he gets of the mat quick....any way you cut it this is bad PR ...especially after the Cousins fiasco last yr...screw the Vikings!   
They uppped their offer to Bell. Final offer. Take it or leave it.

Well the good thing is they are in position to get a stud pass rusher in the draft. This also frees up money for Paradis and Bell.

Well the good thing is they are in position to get a stud pass rusher in the draft. This also frees up money for Paradis and Bell.
And a CB, Andre Roberts, kicker

It's not like I wouldn't have minded 2 all-pro LBs, but I thought it was overkill considering our other needs.

completely unconfirmed but word starting to circulate Bell chose Ravens....so Mosely signing may have lost Jets Bell....we'll see - may be BS but Ravens likely in it....I can see the fit...plus Bell gets to play Pitt twice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a Jets fan but assuming Mosley signs on the dotted line and that money is used wisely elsewhere, probably a blessing in disguise. Just way too much money to spend on one unit when other holes exist.

While the #Jets made a best and final offer to Le’Veon Bell, the #Ravens are still in it, as well, I’m told. And Bell has indicated to some friends around the league how much he likes Baltimore. It seems like Ravens vs. Jets for Bell at the end.

at this point its time to end it....if he doesnt commit now then its time to move on....I would love Bell but need to stop being used and bidding against themselves...if he passes so be it....Mac can use all the extra $ for Paradis, Coleman and a pass rusher for a nice rebound....

at this point its time to end it....if he doesnt commit now then its time to move on....I would love Bell but need to stop being used and bidding against themselves...if he passes so be it....Mac can use all the extra $ for Paradis, Coleman and a pass rusher for a nice rebound....
F Bell (until we get him :P ) - go back and overpay Paradis, sign Coleman or Ingram and start looking to fill out the roster with the rest of the money.

F Bell (until we get him :P ) - go back and overpay Paradis, sign Coleman or Ingram and start looking to fill out the roster with the rest of the money.
I would be ok with Paradis and Coleman - no interest in Ingram....doesnt fit the model with his age.....I think they dont get Bell so its time to rebound and move on.  

Joe Caporoso‏Verified account @JCaporoso 1m1 minute ago

So as it stands now, #Jets have added ILB - C. Mosley Slot WR - J. Crowder OG - K. Osemele Still need to address pass rusher, center, running back/playmaker, corner, slot corner and TE/OL depth
Oh, is that all?

The pursuit of running back Le'Veon Bell is reportedly down to two teams. Unless it isn’t.

At a time when some reports indicate that the free-agent running back will choose between the Jets and the Ravens, a league source tells PFT that there have been no negotiations between the Ravens and Bakari. At all.

The thinking is that someone is trying to push the Ravens as a potential destination for Bell in order to get the only remaining candidate — the Jets — to pay more. The source speculates that the Baltimore interest in Bell is being fabricated by Bell and/or Bakari, for obvious reasons, and that is has morphed into a major production, all aimed at freaking out the Jets at a time when they’re already reeling from Anthony Barr deciding not to sign in New York and to stay in Minnesota.

Again, all’s fair in love, war, and football. Negotiations in all industries often include plenty of puffing and bluffing, and unless the Ravens make an unexpected 11th-hour run at Bell, they currently aren’t in it, and they haven’t been.
Seriously, F Bell pull the offer and sign Coleman.

If you want to feel better go into the Vikings thread. They seem major upset that the Vikings paid Barr so much to come back.
I hope the figures being tossed around about the Jets and Bell ($17-20 M annual, $60 M guaranteed) are as accurate as the other tweets have been about this whole situation. 

For anyone worried about Isaiah Crowell, Barnwell gives us this nugget of a stat: 

Latavius Murray - Grade: D

During his career, just 34.6 percent of his rushes have increased his team's chances of scoring points on their respective drives by ESPN's expected points model. There are 33 backs with 500 carries or more over that time frame, and the only ones worse than Murray by this metric are Alfred Blue and Isaiah Crowell.

My boss is a big Jets fan. He was excited this morning about the Mosley/Barr news, now with Barr out and an obnoxious contract rumoring for Bell, he’s put his Jets face back on.

My boss is a big Jets fan. He was excited this morning about the Mosley/Barr news, now with Barr out and an obnoxious contract rumoring for Bell, he’s put his Jets face back on.
Barr reneging bothered me for about 30 seconds - but honestly they were going to pay him an awful lot to change positions when they could just get a great young pass rusher in the draft anyway. They have many holes to fill and can spend that money elsewhere now.

The latest Bell "news" is bogus - if he had $60MM guaranteed on the table we wouldn't be talking about where he MAY sign. He'd be a Jet already.

Barr reneging bothered me for about 30 seconds - but honestly they were going to pay him an awful lot to change positions when they could just get a great young pass rusher in the draft anyway. They have many holes to fill and can spend that money elsewhere now.

The latest Bell "news" is bogus - if he had $60MM guaranteed on the table we wouldn't be talking about where he MAY sign. He'd be a Jet already.
I thought it was a cool story

My dog Lucky has been a Jets fan for 14 years. He growled when he heard the news. My new puppy Bailey just yawned. They both went out into the yard and went #1 and #2. They seem over it now.

Users who are viewing this thread