What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (11 Viewers)

This team CAN NOT fire Gase under any circumstances.  There's one team in history that's gone 0-16 and now these jets have the glory of possibly becoming the second to hold that honor and you would be band waggoners want to blow it by removing the putrid rotting head of this diseased snake?

For shame.  For shame.

This team CAN NOT fire Gase under any circumstances.  There's one team in history that's gone 0-16 and now these jets have the glory of possibly becoming the second to hold that honor and you would be band waggoners want to blow it by removing the putrid rotting head of this diseased snake?

For shame.  For shame.
2 teams have done it. Browns and Lions. 

what a rancid organization.  this is what happens if you take drafts away from teams.  it’s as if the jets don’t get to draft players.  

Just got home from a round of golf. Lol at this team. How do you NOT fire him?
Played golf as well and thankfully missed the game...bummer...NOT!

Man oh man what a debacle. My brother kept texting me that the Jets couldn't get out their own way as they looked as bad as they have all year.

I'm telling you fellas....Gase aint going nowhere. And if we want the #1 overall whether or not Lawrence comes out or not, we need Gase too stay. He all by his lonesome will pretty much guarantee the #1 overall. So I want him too stay as bizarre as that sounds...lol

Jets trading guys away now too. Full on tank mode. Their only problem is that, much like the Texans with BOB, if you let the wrong guy make big moves, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble.

Jets trading guys away now too. Full on tank mode. Their only problem is that, much like the Texans with BOB, if you let the wrong guy make big moves, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble.
If it’s Joe Douglas I’m ok with it. At this point as dysfunctional as this team can be, I can’t imagine Gase has any say in personnel.

If it’s Joe Douglas I’m ok with it. At this point as dysfunctional as this team can be, I can’t imagine Gase has any say in personnel.
JD needs to trade Gore then, since nitwit won't play Perine. Did you hear Gase's comment about Perine tonight? He said that he pulled Perine after a missed catch because he didn't want to hurt his confidence. WUT?  Benching him is a good way to get the kid to forget about that play.

Then the sideline reporter said that Gase went over to talk to Flacco with 7 minutes left in the game for the first conversation of the day. WUT? This guy has to be the worst communicator of all time.

JD needs to trade Gore then, since nitwit won't play Perine. Did you hear Gase's comment about Perine tonight? He said that he pulled Perine after a missed catch because he didn't want to hurt his confidence. WUT?  Benching him is a good way to get the kid to forget about that play.

Then the sideline reporter said that Gase went over to talk to Flacco with 7 minutes left in the game for the first conversation of the day. WUT? This guy has to be the worst communicator of all time.
It was a bad drop but who cares? Gase continues to make himself a magnet for criticism.

The Jets' points differential (-110) is about double the next worst (JAX at -56).  But Gase just needs a little more time to figure things out.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was an unconscionably bad decision. I don't see how Woody and Chris Johnson possibly keep Gase on without their house in Bedminster getting egged or being straight up mobbed on the streets of Manhattan.

Feel bad for ya, Jets fans - you don't deserve this.

I live like 10 minutes from the Johnson compound. I've STRONGLY considered printing up a bunch of "Fire Gase" yard signs and just leaving one at the front gate every day. (unfortunately, its like 200 yards of private road back to the actual house :kicksrock: )

I've also considered driving over there and using one of those 3 man slingshots to fire cowpies into the pool. But that might be more trouble than its worth.

Gases career record as a HC 30-40, with 31 of the losses being by double digits. This guy literally has more losses by double digits in his career than wins. It's laughable that he still has his job. 

"Gase said he worked Ty Johnson into the backfield fold after a bad drop by Perine on a screen pass because he didn't want Perine's confidence to go south."

Another gem - how did this guy ever get an OC job let alone 2 HC jobs.....

"Gase said he worked Ty Johnson into the backfield fold after a bad drop by Perine on a screen pass because he didn't want Perine's confidence to go south."

Another gem - how did this guy ever get an OC job let alone 2 HC jobs.....
Nothing says "keep your Dauber up, kid" like a reduced workload.

"I still believe in you.....now grab some pine" lol - Ive never seen anything like this....and there are 10 more games!!!!
Well in fairness if they got that 55 yard FG when they were down 24-0 they would have been right back in the game. Can’t let some rookie make dumb mistakes in a close game like that.

When asked again if he would relinquish play-calling duties, Jets coach Adam Gase responded that's "step 10" and the Jets are currently "on step 2."

"We've got a bunch of issues to sort through on offense and we're on step 2," Gase responded when asked if he'd relinquish play-calling duties for the second consecutive week. "[The play-calling] is step 10." The Jets, currently 0-6 with no hope in sight, have yet to cover a single game while ranking stone last in point differential (-110) through six weeks. The team has also exceeded 17 points only once this year and most recently totaled two passing yards in the second and third quarters against the Dolphins. Gase's tenure with the Jets will undoubtedly be remembered as the worst coaching stint in league history whether it ends this week or at the end of the year.
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL #### DOES THIS MEAN????

Can't fire him now, he's the perfect coach to get you Trevor Lawrence.  It also strengthen your pitch when you try to sell Darnold - "he had Gase so of course he never looked good, but you guys know what you're doing with QB's".  You can't fire Gase and have some interim guy fire the team up and get some wins and, worse, Darnold looking good toward the end of the season - that's how you end up with the 10th pick in the draft and rolling with what got you there.

Can't fire him now, he's the perfect coach to get you Trevor Lawrence.  It also strengthen your pitch when you try to sell Darnold - "he had Gase so of course he never looked good, but you guys know what you're doing with QB's".  You can't fire Gase and have some interim guy fire the team up and get some wins and, worse, Darnold looking good toward the end of the season - that's how you end up with the 10th pick in the draft and rolling with what got you there.
Exactly. Gase is here too stay at least till the end of this year. 

He needs to continue doing exactly what he's been doing and not change a damn thing.

If we truly want the #1 overall pick, this needs to be the way we all think. No changing anything. Gase needs to keep calling the plays.

Never thought it would be possible or that I'd ever say this in my lifetime having lived thru it, but there is now one coach that Richie Kotite was superior too....well done Gase...lol

Now that said, I'd like Darnold beginning next week show why he  needs to stay here and that he deserves to get paid.

We can still lose at same time Sam plays good. It shouldn't be too difficult to keep losing seeing we have the Bills,Chiefs and the Patriots on deck. It's the Sam playing good part that is the rub. Hopefully Mims and Becton are back next week so at least Sam will have a full arsenal or at least a somewhat competent WR group to throw the ball to.

Exactly. Gase is here too stay at least till the end of this year. 

He needs to continue doing exactly what he's been doing and not change a damn thing.

If we truly want the #1 overall pick, this needs to be the way we all think. No changing anything. Gase needs to keep calling the plays.

Never thought it would be possible or that I'd ever say this in my lifetime having lived thru it, but there is now one coach that Richie Kotite was superior too....well done Gase...lol

Now that said, I'd like Darnold beginning next week show why he  needs to stay here and that he deserves to get paid.

We can still lose at same time Sam plays good. It shouldn't be too difficult to keep losing seeing we have the Bills,Chiefs and the Patriots on deck. It's the Sam playing good part that is the rub. Hopefully Mims and Becton are back next week so at least Sam will have a full arsenal or at least a somewhat competent WR group to throw the ball to.
These takes sound right, it's just a really sad state of affairs for the Jets, for the NFL, and the sport.

Zero accountability to actively make positive change or march against continuous improvement standards. Leaves a team completely deflated, wastes a year of short player careers, and his just horrendous for fans to suffer through.

How can Chris Johnson and JD just sit there and say nothing - they are all part of a national joke and remaining silent just makes it seem like they are more clueless.....time to face the media and take some accountability for this mess.....if the plan is to keep Gase until the end of the year no matter what say it instead of everyone thinking youre clueless to whats going on.  

Thought for the day - if there is a "firesale" = doesnt that need to include good players?  Players I can see being dealt and the potential return.

Marcus Maye - 3rd rder

J Crowder - 3rd rder

Q - 2d rder

A Williamson - 6th rder

Nothin that I would get too excited about but if it helps the tank then I could live without all of them.....seriously who cares at this point....rip it down to the bare bones.  

As for Sam - obviously they keep him until they are sure of getting Lawrence - it would be a Jet thing to do to deal Sam only to have Lawrence stay in school or they win a few games down the stretch.....its going to be very uncomfortable to watch Sam while they draft Lawrence but its been done before with Rosen so they need to just deal with it.  If Sam plays reasonably well down the stretch I could see a team like Indy or Pitt giving up a low 2d rder.  

meh, you can't trade everyone. Guys like Maye and Q are young and inexpensive enough to help 2-3 years down the road. And....if you have a QB and competent people running things....you can turn an NFL team around in 2 years.

I would trade Crowder for a 2 if I could. But for a 3,  I think he's more valuable as a safety blanket to whoever is playing QB next year. (as well as any young WR's who might need some mentoring). Dude is a pro.

I know Maye will hit free agency soon....but he'll either A) be cheap enough that I'd want to keep him or B) someone would pay him enough that the Jets would get a 3rd round compensatory pick anyway.

Buffalo(4-2)...lost two in a row

@KC...that's a loss

New England (2-3)...last time the Pats were 2-3?

Which of these next 3 games can you win before you enter a Bye Week and fire Adam Gase? I bet the DC there in new York can win a game or two. 

These takes sound right, it's just a really sad state of affairs for the Jets, for the NFL, and the sport.

Zero accountability to actively make positive change or march against continuous improvement standards. Leaves a team completely deflated, wastes a year of short player careers, and his just horrendous for fans to suffer through.
The Jets didn't set out to go 0-16 like Miami initially tried last season and then seemed to change course over the year which IMO cost them dearly by missing on Joe Burrow and settling for Tua. 

It's a lost season for new York and their fans, but it can be a celebration if they go all the way and lock up the No 1 Pick

-Phinsfan

Q - 2d rder
Is this Quinnen, and is this what you think the Jets will take or what you think he is worth?
Would love the Raiders to go after him for a 2nd. My impression was the Jets wouldn't part with a guy they took 3rd overall in last year's draft for less than a 1st, and they weren't interested in moving Williams whatsoever, but who knows. I think a 2nd is fair and would be leaping on that especially with a reasonable cap hit.

Thought for the day - if there is a "firesale" = doesnt that need to include good players?  Players I can see being dealt and the potential return.

Marcus Maye - 3rd rder

J Crowder - 3rd rder

Q - 2d rder

A Williamson - 6th rder

Nothin that I would get too excited about but if it helps the tank then I could live without all of them.....seriously who cares at this point....rip it down to the bare bones.  

As for Sam - obviously they keep him until they are sure of getting Lawrence - it would be a Jet thing to do to deal Sam only to have Lawrence stay in school or they win a few games down the stretch.....its going to be very uncomfortable to watch Sam while they draft Lawrence but its been done before with Rosen so they need to just deal with it.  If Sam plays reasonably well down the stretch I could see a team like Indy or Pitt giving up a low 2d rder.  
I think they need to hold onto some guys as the roster already has plenty of holes. I wouldn't move Maye or Q (yet), I'd be reluctant to move Crowder as he's a very good slot guy that helps his QB.

Trading Maye and Q for losses just seems a little too much "tearing it down".

Williams is a no-brainer. Gore is a candidate but no one will even give a 7th for him I'd imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread